As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    My ex didn’t give my kiddo the architecture set on account of him being kinda young, but today the two of us built a spaceship
    r6e3h1mup1nm.jpeg

• RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Doodmann wrote: »
    Weird I don't know why I thought the cinema was empty inside, now I'm doubly mad I didn't grab that before it retired also.

Except for a pretty neat concession stand the inside of the cinema is nothing to write home about.

I once saw a real nice mod of the cinema that made it had modern stadium seating. I wish I could find it.

The only mod I've done to a modular is make the third floor of the pet shop being a full bedroom with a tiny bathroom instead of just a loft with a bed.

I believe Missing Brick is the customizer that you're referring to for the stadium seating Cinema Palace interior (I wish I had picked up the Cinema Palace set myself before it got retired; I had the opportunity to get it on Amazon for less than MSRP but I waited too long to pull the trigger and then it was gone):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76272331@N05/8482838944/in/photostream

He has some amazing MOCs and other modified builds throughout his Flickr gallery. His Aliens MOCs are really impressive, particularly the set photography pieces and APC that he based on Larry Lars's original Lego APC design.

I have the Brickmania Offworld Colonial Marines APC and it's pretty decent though some liberties were taken with some of the design cues. I made my own mods to it over the last few months and even redid the entire interior to make it more accurate to the actual movie prop vehicle.
    8ypplvq1hffs.jpg
    69aivbvrbbwk.jpg
    baazvm2i3053.jpg
    ilnke55yo5oc.jpg
    a5av0hi7o5cm.jpg

Raiju on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Picked up the Hidden Side Shrimp Boat this weekend. It's a nice small build. I like that I got the main cast in one set and I was going to have to get that crocodile at some point anyway. The boat is a nice build; the stickers seemed a bit excessive though.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Lou29 wrote: »
    Wrong place to ask to be talked out of buying a set, I know, but: my new job present to myself after a few checks is going to be the helicarrier, anyone who bought it the first time around have any issues with it?

Holy shit you found one at a reasonable price?

Not really, it’s why I’m saving it for a month or two from now! It’s pretty much the only retired/out of stock one I really want, so I’m willing to pay what I’ve seen. Is it normal for sets to be cheaper in other countries after they’re off shelves? Even with shipping, all the ones I’m seeing are cheaper or in better shape than anything in the states.

edited August 2019
    Made some custom mods/improvements to my Nolan Batman Tumbler and Batpod.
    2l3blkfqlfkt.jpg
    qg0bwvy9joor.jpg
    fxfpuae2fm9m.jpg
    v1d1y3sevyoh.jpg
    0e52tanzdqkj.jpg
    31ifrk06s2je.jpg
    let820vbgt1v.jpg
    jp2pns34za42.jpg
    s06h1kj1s3n8.jpg
    bmzade6srcm4.jpg
    8b9bd7wa4qay.jpg
    jw8ziq55a7x0.jpg
    uui7y8h1yy9e.jpg
    82pl1pv4y2i1.jpg
    jaezk7ui5j4a.jpg

Raiju on
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    @timspork's ghost Was that you who did the led lights for the Tron Legacy set? If so, is there any particular source you'd recommend?

I've got a couple of small display cases in the basement of our new place that I need to fill, and that set is going in there. I think the lights would look great down there.

Meanwhile, my son and I are working on the Steamboat Willie set. These displays are on either side of where our main tv will be set up, and I'm liking the idea of using them for movie/tv/media related items.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    @timspork's ghost Was that you who did the led lights for the Tron Legacy set? If so, is there any particular source you'd recommend?

I've got a couple of small display cases in the basement of our new place that I need to fill, and that set is going in there. I think the lights would look great down there.

Meanwhile, my son and I are working on the Steamboat Willie set. These displays are on either side of where our main tv will be set up, and I'm liking the idea of using them for movie/tv/media related items.

I got the LED for the Ghostbuster Firehouse and Ecto-1. I got them from a place called brickloot

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited August 2019
    Nice. Speaking of the Ecto-1, I recently built that set and love it. I rebuilt the back of the vehicle to make more room to store their proton packs and enable it to fit all four 'Busters in the front too. I felt that the stock instructions wasted a lot of space, otherwise.

Also gave them some brick built PKE meters although I understand that Brick Forge offers little custom PKE meters, proton packs, and minifig tan arms printed with the Ghostbusters logo on the sleeve (would love these but don't have them yet).

Just some photos:
    4sqlqixnb5ih.jpg
    4u6an3ep4z37.jpg
    lz0y8jb31k3y.jpg
    2143chkifgyc.jpg
    e6ux2fbdo3sx.jpg

I do have the GB Firehouse but haven't put it together yet. It's definitely on my to-do list after the Apollo Lunar Lander!

Raiju on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Target has the ninjago docks for 170.

I already own it, but I figure I can flip it or get it to someone here at that price.

Edit: Correction, $160. Or about $70 off. Or 4.5 cents per block.

Couldn't pass that up.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Target has the ninjago docks for 170.

I already own it, but I figure I can flip it or get it to someone here at that price.

Edit: Correction, $160. Or about $70 off. Or 4.5 cents per block.

Couldn't pass that up.

How much is that Canadian?

(I should know better than to ask because I feel trouble already for my wallet lol)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Recently put together the Creators Twin Propeller Plane. I really like the design of this one! Seems to be based on the DH-88 Comet which was a British racing plane.
    2jvz39uh9q0m.jpg
    xtwuab1vno2m.jpg

I fixed the proportions a bit (made the tail longer plus the wings and tail wider) and added armaments to it (bombs plus machine guns in the wings and nose) because why not?

Can't really see it but I also added a tail hook to the back for carrier operations.

Raiju on
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Walmart.com currently has Assembly Square marked down to 200. You have to add it to cart before you see the price. I managed to get one, no clue how long the sale will be up for.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I finally bought my first modular, the Parisian Restaurant! I'm too excited right now for it to arrive.

damn

I wonder if it would be possible to motorize something like that with mindstorms parts...

• TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Lego Star Wars October spoilers:
    ya0iabezrtqr.png
    dbpcdfy8450z.png
    gjsrzlv6dhxu.png
    9022w25kz6vn.png
    qmudhekyl4t8.png
    wp0oqmr1foak.png
    bs5i65kk3jte.png
    lyrfwvsdmz3v.png

On one hand almost everything is a redone version of something earlier. On the other hand I am digging the redone Kylo Ren's shuttle.

oh h*ck
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    They can re-do the Tie Defender anytime they want.

steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    No new TIEs? Booo...

The redone shuttle looks pretty cool, amazing what the designers can do when they know what the final ship is going to look like.

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    That Yoda is going to haunt me in my sleep.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    No retracting wings, but yes to tilting wings on the shuttle. Works for me. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    No retracting wings, but yes to tilting wings on the shuttle. Works for me. :)

The front box art doesn't show it but it does have retracting wings. Looks like the same mechanism as the old one.

oh h*ck
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I like the livery on that, uh, letter-designated Resistance ship.

That doesn't narrow it down, huh?

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    So... Yeah, neat sets and I might be able to pass on them all this time.

Right?

Right.
    I know I'll be tempted by the Y-Wing at the least. At the worst, Kylo Ren's Shuttle and another Falcon.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The Y-Wing seems like a slight revision from the Rogue One Y-Wing, which was the last one I got. Not sure it's enough of a change for me to get another one.

The A-Wing, on the other hand... love me a green A-Wing.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Yeah, it feels nice to be able to skip another round of SW Lego sets.

Most of the new/spoilerly stuff is probably coming out post RoS.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Hah, that new Ren Shuttle looks near identical to the mod I did on mine.

(Mine has those click gear Technic bits in the wings so it can have fixed wing angles, I bet this one still flops out like the one for Episode VII)

Oh brilliant
    The Star Wars sets look pretty neat, especially the Millennium Falcon (glad they fixed the gappiness of the saucer section of the hull) and Kylo Ren command shuttle. I'll probably will pick up those two along with the Mandalorian AT-ST and Obi-Wan sets.

Anyway, I recently picked up the Ninjago Samurai X (Nya?) Mech and it's a neat little set. I don't watch the show or movies at all but do find some of the designs really cool.

But I found the articulation on this a little lacking so I built it up using spare pieces I had laying around. Lots of Mixel joints so articulation is off the charts now.

I even gave her a gatling cannon arm attachment (can also be a hand held weapon) along with a long spear (yari) and a waist attachment so the sword can be sheathed when not in use. Really dig how this one came out!
    4pvntl84hx8x.jpg
    607lypzbzm3v.jpg
    pqmojncyar3i.jpg
    772r3xyw44j8.jpg
    7m7618zwu1g9.jpg
    8gpuxcsxfudh.jpg
    gkiai5eq1t4c.jpg
    kgxs1yh3am2p.jpg
    izce3kazcccl.jpg
    xx4idnxm5kuf.jpg
    8whunwv0hibe.jpg
    0qiovzhbsola.jpg

A leaked teaser image. Full reveal of the UCS Imperial Star Destroyer tomorrow!

0ptzpxa0rdcc.png

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Oh crap, I’m still behind on my large builds but that is very tempting. And every time I say that I end up with the damn thing.

Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700

oh h*ck
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    do I need a 3rd star destroyer...

steam_sig.png
    Daimar wrote: »
    do I need a 3rd star destroyer...

g7fndzn99brw.jpg

Pretty sure you do.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700

Don't you mean.

Please don't be $900.
    Please don't be $900.
    Please don't be $900.
    Please don't be $900.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700

Don't you mean.

Please don't be $900.
    Please don't be $900.
    Please don't be $900.
    Please don't be $900.

I'd settle for "Please don't cost more than a car payment"

why would you need a puny car when you have the full might of an IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER at your command

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    why would you need a puny car when you have the full might of an IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER at your command

Hell, why would you need food?

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700
    Please don't be $700

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr0V92Ipu58

the good news is that it's not $700!

the bad news is that it's pretty much $700:
    US $699.99 – CA $849.99 – DE €699.99 – UK £649.99 – FR €699.99 – DK 5299DKK

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I'm seeing 4,784 pieces for $699.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    43 inches long. I legit have no place to put that thing.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    43 inches long. I legit have no place to put that thing.

I already needed to find a good spot for my Executor, so having to find a place for both would not make things worse anyway. I'm thinking kitchen table. It's not as if I use it to eat.

This discussion has been closed.