As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The thread that goes bump in the night! [Spooky] Thread y'all!

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Buy some pants that fit Ryan Reynolds!
    No.

Don't.

Yeah I know, right? Ryan Reynolds can buy his own pants!

vEaRQgH.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I think ectoplasm came from seances where mediums would literally choke the shit up during possessions whether it landed all over them or having it float out of them

Xehalus on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    I think ectoplasm came from seances where mediums would literally choke the shit up during possessions whether it landed all over them or having it float out of them

Yeah. It is a scam.

• AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    i watched Aniara (a Swedish film based on the sci fi poem the other day and absolutely loved it. give me all the slow paced, depressing sci-fi. definitely not going to be for everyone, but it was right in my wheelhouse. don't watch it unless you want to feel bad.

Adus on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    lHsR9nl.jpg

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    That must be the younger brother, Splendorman.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Proton Pack Update. Parts arrived. Got everything hooked up but the original battery can’t power the new sound board past half volume. I ordered a new, larger, battery.

It might take a while for the battery to show up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Proton Pack Update. Parts arrived. Got everything hooked up but the original battery can’t power the new sound board past half volume. I ordered a new, larger, battery.

It might take a while for the battery to show up.

One of the guys in my group is almost done putting together a full-sized Slime Blower with parts from Heavy Props and Karnivorous Creations and I want it soooo baaaaad.

U5TZgrbh.jpg
    full size
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SlimeBlowerBuilders/permalink/2087279611574649/

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Ray Stanz said it best

Beautiful.

Alexandier on
    It really moves my Statue of Liberty off it's pedestal, if you catch my drift.

edited July 2019
    TankHammer on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Youve broken webcomics law! :bigfrown:

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Webcomics law has no power here.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Xehalus wrote: »

Yeah. It is a scam.

tzsofm6en7co.png

Bedlam wrote: »
    Youve broken webcomics law! :bigfrown:

If you mean I didn't credit it, I'm sorry. I found it on a Facebook page.
    I did reverse GIS it and I'll edit in a source link.
    https://loadingartist.com/comic/kindred-spirit/

Paranormal Comedy
    https://youtu.be/8V1dEsZAQyg

Hey secret Ghostbusters thread.
    Here's some photos from Saturday's museum event.

Luis got his slime blower done the day of!

lWiXX0U.jpg
    HfV9YvK.jpg
    QpOAOje.jpg
    Xpcucmn.jpg

It was a pretty successful test run but we did find out there's a window of tolerance for the poor guy to wear it. In the future we might trade off.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Don't fuck with dinosaur ghosts. They're older than you, they're meaner than you, and they've had a frustrating couple of geological epochs recently.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    We keep putting their dead relatives on display! Us! The mammals! Little nerdy hairy mammals!

Jedoc wrote: »
    Don't fuck with dinosaur ghosts. They're older than you, they're meaner than you, and they've had a frustrating couple of geological epochs recently.

Easy for you to say, but who else are you gonna call, genius? Anyway, it was in the rural north of Georgia and those bones are replicas. We didn't have any dinosaur ghosts to deal with, just some creationist hicks who got shifted over from a nearby haunted revival site due to activity in the Earth's magnetosphere.

A friend just shared this photo and I had to pass it along.
    xcxxuwfhcat8.jpg

• KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    https://wtvr.com/2019/08/11/tv-man-leaves-vintage-tvs-on-front-porches-wyndham-henrico/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Residents of Henrico County, VA woke up to discover over 50 old television sets left on porches and doorsteps throughout their neighborhood. Some had doorbell cameras that caught the drop-offs being made by a person with a television, uh, helmet? Either that or a television for a head. One of the two.

I don't know what happens if you actually take one of those tvs inside and plug them in, but I assume it makes The Ring look like a children's story.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    TV head. Pyramid heads less successful brother

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Man that just reminded me how much I wanna make a tv-head mask that actually plays video.

I figured out how I would do it a while ago but never had the time/money to pull it off.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Hey secret Ghostbusters thread.
    Here's some photos from Saturday's museum event.

Luis got his slime blower done the day of!

lWiXX0U.jpg
    HfV9YvK.jpg
    QpOAOje.jpg
    Xpcucmn.jpg

It was a pretty successful test run but we did find out there's a window of tolerance for the poor guy to wear it. In the future we might trade off.

Hey! I've been to the Tellus!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    TV head. Pyramid heads less successful brother

To be fair, it’s hard to be as successful as Pyramid Head. He’s got a very good get-rich scheme.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    https://wtvr.com/2019/08/11/tv-man-leaves-vintage-tvs-on-front-porches-wyndham-henrico/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Residents of Henrico County, VA woke up to discover over 50 old television sets left on porches and doorsteps throughout their neighborhood. Some had doorbell cameras that caught the drop-offs being made by a person with a television, uh, helmet? Either that or a television for a head. One of the two.

I don't know what happens if you actually take one of those tvs inside and plug them in, but I assume it makes The Ring look like a children's story.

The best part of that is the very beginning

"It's happened again."

• L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I like this better than the clown scare thing that was going on a couple of years ago.

And I wonder if anyone plugged in their "gift", and what happened.

L Ron Howard on
    Wow. What a really annoying thing to do.

edited August 2019
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Wow. What a really annoying thing to do.

Well what other options did he have? You can't really recycle CRTs most places without paying for the pleasure. This was the next logical option.

TankHammer on
    The new Hellboy has ectoplasm.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    He should probably get that checked out.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    My lamp has been turned on when I get home from work for the past two days. I think something is wrong with the touch sensor on it.

If it happens again, I will unplug the sensor.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    No the sensor is working... BUT WHAT'S TOUCHING IT!?

*Theramin noises*

The lamp didn't do it anymore, but I unplugged the sensor.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    hold on, I'm going to plug it back in

you sure did!

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    My partner and I watched the Missing 411 documentary this weekend and it was pretty creepy. It doesn't do a great job of drawing any conclusions but does roll out some pretty interesting scenarios.