As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I hate you, Geth. A [chat].

ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster ApocalypseThe Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
What is a robot

Allegedly a voice of reason.

I hate you, Geth. A [chat]. 85 votes

Robots are stupid.
0%
Robots are dumb.
1%
spool32 1 vote
Robots are idiots.
1%
Invectivus 1 vote
Robots are morons.
1%
davidsdurions 1 vote
I like robots.
55%
nexuscrawlerDevoutlyApatheticAimKane Red RobeRchanenElendilDarkPrimustyrannusTTODewbackKid PresentableBroloShadowfireVishNubTetraRayP10JamesNovember FifthwanderingAegisBrody 47 votes
Robots are cretins.
5%
GarthorRear Admiral ChocoPeter EbelJeep-EepDr. Flamingo 5 votes
Robot is actually an Old Slavic word for "Fucking dipshit".
35%
MulysaSemproniusRedTideMrMistersyndalistynicbowenAthenorDoodmannHappylilElfjammujungleroomxPhoenix-Doverride367TcheldorBurnage-Loki-AbdhyiusHonkKruitePowerpuppies 30 votes

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    It loves you Chanus.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Geth needs its chat-assigning programming double checked, IMHO

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Actually robots are traffic lights.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Robot is slavic for worker, more or less. But also, I like robots

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    Everybody needs a robobuddy to lean on when times get tough

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    Geth needs its chat-assigning programming double checked, IMHO
    random_number.png

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I wish one of the Minecraft-but-better games like Ark, Conan Exiles, etc was actually

Y'know

Good

But they're all jank in some idiosyncratic way

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    Tumin wrote: »
    Everybody needs a robobuddy to lean on fuck when times get tough

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2019
    I’ve certified twice today that I wasn’t a robot, but only because I failed the first try.

Make you think

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Whoops, I finished Heaven's Vault. 20 hours according to Steam. A few hours right when I started, then I had a long break and then picked it up again yesterday. Been staring at a lot of symbols these two days. . .

Anyway, time to jump into new game+ right away to do some more complex translations and maybe take some different narrative paths (I don't get tehe impression there's that many significant ones, but there are some)

jakobagger on
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    chanus is backup

backup to his old tricks that is!!

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Conan Exiles: sometimes your building pieces don't snap together cleanly, making it look like there are cracks in your walls.

Also, there are only three texture sets for buildings

Also, you need to chop down approximately 692 trees to make one fucking chair

Ark: we're going to be incredibly unforgiving with where your stuff can be placed, which means you'll get halfway through building a fortress and then discover that you can't finish it because there's a small curvature to the ground

Also, you need to chop down approximately 693 trees to make one fucking chair

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    I'm eating sunflower seeds and putting the shells in an empty can of seltzer water
    and drinking a different can of seltzer water

guess what happened

But don't worry, we have fully fleshed out slavery/pooping systems, respectively

Who cares about that whole building stuff anyway

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the pooping system in Ark was indeed first rate unrivaled

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Lionelhutzbusinesscard.jpg

Functional building system?

No, boob physics!

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    Hmmmm I am impulsively exploring homeownership and it feels scary and also exhilarating

I like robots.
    What if I, a milennial, did own land?

Arch wrote: »

You get a free hype man to follow you around and tell "the dude owns property!"

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I’m coming up on 48 hours without food. Someone swaddle me and feed me with egg yolk from a dropper or something.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

I do?

Where's my fucking hype man then??!?!?!

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

Achewood is omnipresent.

Also I'd fight a robot, fuck robots.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    There is something deeply satisfying to me about the blockiness of Minecraft, though I do wish they had managed to make the Super Duper Graphics Pack work (which I learned was cancelled today as I was trying to find the video of it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC8rY9czR_c

Starts at the 1:00 mark.

There used to be shaders that accomplished similar effects but they broke all that during the big bedrock update and nobody has gotten the good ones up and running again yet.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Dragon Quest Builders 2 scratches that same itch, but also with a buncha people who do the manual labor for you and look for any excuse to circle around and clap at you.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Suspension of disbelief has its limits

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My people

I have stumbled upon, and henceforth procured, four bottles of Weller bourbon

The queue for tributes is to the left

Atomika on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I like robots.
    Why did Microsoft cancel that graphics pack? There's a million free mods that do the same and they've managed to solve the technical issues.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Why did Microsoft cancel that graphics pack? There's a million free mods that do the same and they've managed to solve the technical issues.
    It was hard.

(Presumably getting it to work on everything and not just PC was a problem.)

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    What is a robot

A miserable pile of C scripts

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I can't win in Underlords anymore.

It's become illegal for me to get good rolls.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    I had an impossible whopper today, it was pretty good!

Bk’s fries are pretty dire tho

I like robots.
    I had an impossible whopper today, it was pretty good!

Bk’s fries are pretty dire tho

I have already eaten two of them since they were announced

Its....its bad for my health

I like robots.
    I went out of my way driving home to collect specimens this weekend to go to a Burger king for an impossible burger and it was amazing

I like robots.
    I also could only awesome your post, Eddy, because you're wrong and BK fries rule

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I like robots.
    See, we go back to letting the robot choose, and it's like, "what was wrong with chanus? Here, have two."

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I also could only awesome your post, Eddy, because you're wrong and BK fries rule

Are... are awesomes better than agrees now

Have I had the order wrong this whole time

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

Well, the ones I had weren’t great

I am prepared to acknowledge a variance in quality between franchises of a chain

I like robots.
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Hmmmm I am impulsively exploring homeownership and it feels scary and also exhilarating

yes, hello, me too.

although i guess not impulsively, since my gf and I have been talking about it

I mean, my wife and I have been discussing it for a year, but we were idly browsing and found a place that seems too good to be true and now i set up a meeting with an agent and started a mortgage pre application???

Aaaaaaa

I like robots.
    I expect this not to work out, but also it might?

This discussion has been closed.