As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Updated the list, but I won't have an idea of what clan mechs to put up on the block till the salvage packs come in.

kx3klFE.png
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I'll need to actually decide which Lances I'm getting to fill in those fields but won't the Salvage Boxes change everything? People will either have more mechs they don't want or luckily receive the odd one they've been wanting.

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I'll have to take a look and fill it in when I get home. I'm basically after the mechs I used the most in MechWarrior 4, because nostalgia. And mainly the SCat. Because that's my kink.

And I guess I'll make sure I get a Dragon in @DaMoonRulz's name.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Updated the list, but I won't have an idea of what clan mechs to put up on the block till the salvage packs come in.
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I'll need to actually decide which Lances I'm getting to fill in those fields but won't the Salvage Boxes change everything? People will either have more mechs they don't want or luckily receive the odd one they've been wanting.

I was about to say both of these. Plus I'm not sure if I'm going to sit where I am and hope that I can do a good trade with someone here, or move up and have a ton more mechs for the trade block.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Betsuni wrote: »

I was about to say both of these. Plus I'm not sure if I'm going to sit where I am and hope that I can do a good trade with someone here, or move up and have a ton more mechs for the trade block.

I'm making sure I get all the mechs I want in the packs. There will be some I don't want 2 of, but not many. Once I get the clan mechs in I'll have at least a few to trade for other dupes I want.

kx3klFE.png
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Nips wrote: »
    Lol. Just...lol.

ALSO for those of you interested in getting in on some hot-swaps of your hardware, you friendly neighborhood paper pusher has you covered.

Here's a link to a sheet where we can start populating our potential WANTS and TRADES.

I think the idea right now is, for instance, I might say, "Oh hey Hydro wants these 'mechs from these two packs, and I want all the others! We can coordinate and one buy one pack and the other buy the other, then just swap mechs once we get them all."

Obviously Salvage boxes are going to be a game changer, and hell it's entirely possible someone who doesn't want a given mech will actually get it and go, "oh damn actually I really like this sculpt, I think I wanna keep it."

We're just in alpha phase, to raise awareness that this is a thing that some folks are interested in doing.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Yea I'll definitely be interested, I think I'd basically trade away every clan mech other than the Mad Cat and Shadow Cat, just saying I don't think I'll really know what I want and what I have to trade until March next year.

@Nips can we get a line for elementals? I'll need 1 more. :/

kx3klFE.png
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Yeah, this whole trade post thing is a long-term project, specifically because the Salvage Packs will hold their secrets until they're in our grubby mitts. This is just groundwork, since I was already coordinating something similar for my IRL friends.

For me, the question will be how many blind boxes I'll end up with. I'm thinking it won't be too many.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Fuselage wrote: »
    I'll have to take a look and fill it in when I get home. I'm basically after the mechs I used the most in MechWarrior 4, because nostalgia. And mainly the SCat. Because that's my kink.

I just realized that I shortened Shadowcat to SCat and said that's my kink.

I want to clarify, the Shadowcat battlemech is my kink.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Nips can we get a line for elementals? I'll need 1 more. :/

fix'd

I just realized that I shortened Shadowcat to SCat and said that's my kink.

I want to clarify, the Shadowcat battlemech is my kink.

Hey, man. I'm not here to judge you SCat fetish. But this is why we call your kind a dirty clanner scum.

kx3klFE.png
    Please, nobody tell my sibkin.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Please, nobody tell my sibkin.

They all know. They've always known.

So my Bravo Assault lance I've decided is underweight (King Crab, Stalker, Archer, Dragon). I've decided to do some rotation. Gonna add a Longbow, then move the Dragon to Bravo Fire (Centurion, Hunchback, Bushwhacker, Trebuchet). That's the lance I currently am least likely to be able to get all the members of (Bushwhacker is the only one I'm definitely getting), so the Trebuchet can just stay in there for now.

It also makes Bravo Fire lance a mixed autocannon lance accented with LRMs.

Dangit, now you made me want to make a Macross Destroid Lance. Archer, Rifleman, Warhammer, Longbow.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Kickstarter just hit 1.75 million.

see317 wrote: »
    Kickstarter just hit 1.75 million.

CamoSpec PDF unlock!

Dangit, now you made me want to make a Macross Destroid Lance. Archer, Rifleman, Warhammer, Longbow.

Then you can pit them against a company of wasps and stinger LAMs

kx3klFE.png

Meanwhile, the Marauder watches in glee.
    Or hops in and starts slapping a stinger around for a while.

Actually could put them against the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie and Phoenix Hawk... Dangit, now I have to rethink my sets I want now.

oosik_betsuni.png

Actually could put them against the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie and Phoenix Hawk... Dangit, now I have to rethink my sets I want now.

That would be Alpha Scout lance. On purpose.

Although honestly I vastly prefer Bravo Scout lance. Sentinel -3KA (LL, SL, SRM-2), Raven -2X (LL variant), and 2 Griffin -1NS (LL, LRM-10) It's a scout lance with enough range that it can operate a bit further from its company and still contribute effectively (which is good, because Bravo Assault and Fire lances have a lot of LRMs).

You guys talking about these well-coordinated Lances, and I'm over here looking at the Oosiks ToE and going hrrmmmmmmm......

We are never very well coordinated, is all I'm saying.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    You guys talking about these well-coordinated Lances, and I'm over here looking at the Oosiks ToE and going hrrmmmmmmm......

The lance you ran in the Battletech Backer Beta with Blitz and Padre was about as well designed as you could hope for

When we swarm in numbers, we were pretty effective.

kx3klFE.png
    After cancelling a Miniature Market pre-order that I didn't need anymore, I've decided to ensure @DaMoonRulz does get his canon character. God help me.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Looks like another Top-Ten day, second in a row. Looks like it'll have a strong finish, wonder if we'll get anywhere past $2M

• NoughtNought Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I always put these things off to the last minute, so just backed for $340 so I don't forget it.

But some quick napkin math tells me I want more Stars/Lances than the 12 I have now.

Gosh darned it. There's not a million miles to $600. Six Stars/Lances is $150, Dropship is $45 and I had planned for a few extra challenge coins so that covers $30 more. If only you could choose the Elemental pack instead of a Star, as I have been debating myself on whether I need more tiny tin mans.

I guess the final question is if I want the world to see my ugly mug re-imagined in mechwarrior form.

Nought on
    On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
    Nought wrote: »
    I always put these things off to the last minute, so just backed for $340 so I don't forget it.

But some quick napkin math tells me I want more Stars/Lances than the 12 I have now.

Gosh darned it. There's not a million miles to $600. Six Stars/Lances is $150, Dropship is $45 and I had planned for a few extra challenge coins so that covers $30 more. If only you could choose the Elemental pack instead of a Star, as I have been debating myself on whether I need more tiny tin mans.

I guess the final question is if I want the world to see my ugly mug re-imagined in mechwarrior form.

Of course it would.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Thanks for your dumb sheet and forcing me to realize I needed to up my pledge to Bloodnamed or I was gonna regret it. Dangitt.

And I know darn well now it's going to eat at me that if I just, you know, double that I could put my character in. The only thing stopping me from putting my old character in is I don't think there's going to be any reasonable room for more Kerensky bloodnames in the fiction, it's just unnecessary to have my self insert.

What is this I don't even.
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Thanks for your dumb sheet and forcing me to realize I needed to up my pledge to Bloodnamed or I was gonna regret it. Dangitt.

And I know darn well now it's going to eat at me that if I just, you know, double that I could put my character in. The only thing stopping me from putting my old character in is I don't think there's going to be any reasonable room for more Kerensky bloodnames in the fiction, it's just unnecessary to have my self insert.

You're welcome!

Re: Canon Characters: And that's why I'm going in as Tom "CapnNips" Knipple, Principle Paper-Pusher for the Oosik Irregulars....and occasional Light Scout Pilot.

Actually, saying that makes me wonder how many self-insert characters CGL's going to have to deal with...

All of them.

There is a part of me that wishes to immortalize myself into Battletech forever... But then I decide I've backed enough.

I do want to get the AGoAC so that adds $50 to any level I choose. So that always adds into my decision.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I realized I needed one more star, and if I was going to do that I might as well bump.

I'm thinking we're about 50/50 on the Urbie getting in. I think if it's close they should just do the camo book and the Urbie and call it even. Hell do the Urbie as an add-on only and plenty of people will buy it.

After cancelling a Miniature Market pre-order that I didn't need anymore, I've decided to ensure @DaMoonRulz does get his canon character. God help me.

Welp... Now we gotta fight for the honor.

kx3klFE.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Tox wrote: »
    I'm thinking we're about 50/50 on the Urbie getting in. I think if it's close they should just do the camo book and the Urbie and call it even. Hell do the Urbie as an add-on only and plenty of people will buy it.

We're 95% to hit 2 million. The shape of the line of most (all?) comparable kickstarters has an upward tail at the end as the fence-sitters and remind-me backers get in on the action. I'd say the over/under is around 2.125. And if I allow my withered soul some hope, it could be quite a bit higher. Some of the successful physical piece kickstarters like the Dark Souls board game and the Dwarven Forge sets add 50% or more of their 28 day total in the last two days. Catalyst should announce attractive stretch goals for 2.125 and 2.25 before the remind-me folks get their emails from KS.

Average backing is still going up, and is now over $226. I do expect that to go down at the end, as a higher volume of less committed backers get in, and if we hit 2 million and a bunch of folks come in for Comstar + 1 IS lance to get a free Urbie.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

Welp... Now we gotta fight for the honor.

To the death!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @HydroSqueegee if there's actually a spare one, though, and you don't have anyone in mind, what was the name of the Oosik we lost last year? @Nips you remember his handle?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Handgimp.

That is a very nice idea. <3

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2