As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Fantasy of the Final Pirates Day Eight HELLO FELLOW HUMANS

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I mean, I understand there is an endgame moment here but Burnage's first on Obifett was just a normal thing? It seems like a small thing to confirm anything.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: Β»
    I mean, I understand there is an endgame moment here but Burnage's first on Obifett was just a normal thing? It seems like a small thing to confirm anything.

So far basically everyone is claiming anything other than a Light Warrior except Burnage, which is real weird. kime's death color and the confirmed punches do seem to validate his claim, unless his ability is a mafia one. It does feel kind of mafia.

Overall I'd rather believe him and see where it leads.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Retaba wrote: Β»
    It literally dosent confirm anything.

Furthermore theres no reason to put anything in one persons hands via PM when we can talk things out publicly.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    That's totally fair. There's still no reason for the other pirate not to reveal themselves to the group at this point.

Edit: I got back from my meeting and saw REVEAL and got all excited without thinking about things. Personally I think it fits with him knocking people in the skulls so I'm inclined to believe them, but all my info is public already so that doesn't actually mean much.

JPants on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    If Burnage were mafia, I think he'd be stringing me along more than he has.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I noticed 'Soul Harvested' wasn't in this result. Are all those 'kill' types flavors based on surviving Fiends?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Yeah vote goes first in order of actions so Obifett would be dead when his lich action came up.

• Options
    I noticed 'Soul Harvested' wasn't in this result. Are all those 'kill' types flavors based on surviving Fiends?

Since the Lich died i'm guessing yes.

• Options
    JPants wrote: Β»

What's weird is 'Slashed' was sometimes separate, and with the same coloring. So either there's a vigilante mafia, or they have two kills, or it's colored like the mafia for some reason.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options

What's weird is 'Slashed' was sometimes separate, and with the same coloring. So either there's a vigilante mafia, or they have two kills, or it's colored like the mafia for some reason.

Could be they don't all have to attack together but they get some bonus (or negate a penalty) when they do? That random separate slash worries me too.

• Options
    Well Kime was weaker from getting punched by Burnage, so that person basically handed them a second kill that day :rotate:

• Options
    So far everyone but Retaba, SirFab, and Bedlam have claimed something publicly. Retaba put Obi over the top so they get a pass for now (could still be SK) so eeny-meany-miney-mo, catch a Bedlam by his toe!
    Someone correct me if I just missed their claims.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    nvm

Bedlam on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Yeah, let's start by putting Bedlam under a lamp.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Bedlam is the only complete blank on my list. I've got other suspicions but they seem like the best place to start.

• Options
    I'm sad I missed the ninja edit fail, but !Bedlam

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Im a dwarf. I didn't publicly reveal because it seems like the baddies have been targeting us. I wasnt able to get into contact with any of the other dwarfs before they died.

I did talk to Egos a bunch before he died. I was hoping to get a network going that way but it wasnt meant to be. I also talked to BlueCyan a bunch over the weekend.

My power seems pretty weak, comparatively. I suspect we were supposed to find each other and work together to be strong :(

• Options
    I'm sad I missed the ninja edit fail, but !Bedlam
    I missed the "everyone but" and thought Jpants was accusing me of revealing publically. Misread due to tiredness.

• Options
    Well we don't want a whole day of everyone voting Bedlam so i say we put up SirFab for being the other side of that same coin.

Note: I think dwarf is a weak claim. So far we've had the same number of dwarves and elves, plus with 3 fiends, a warmech, 3 other Warriors of Light and suppose

• Options
    Im sorry the truth is so much less fantastical than your expectations?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    I actually meant to take that whole line out but missed it, and with the vote, can't edit.

I still think it's a weak claim, HOWEVER named roles can just as easily be cover roles and there for it isn't that weak after all.

Edit - The suppose was to point out the supposed "other pirate" that hasn't spoken up yet.

JPants on
  • Options
    I don't really know enough to think one way or the other about Bedlam's reveal, I still like JPants and Bluecyan for suspiciosness.

Also for the record I did say I was a human so that removes elf or dwarf from possibility on me.

• Options
    Its possible there were only two pirates and mason was their ability.

And being red counteracts their desire to speak up like one typically would if they were mason.

• Options
    Using red was, yeah, not the best idea to engender trust.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Id be surprised in the buckets of elf/dwarf/pirate/whatever the fuck else are at all symmetrical.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Sorry for missing the vote. I was tired and forgot >.<

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Oh also lol obi was mafia

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Bedlam for now

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Hey everyone, sorry I missed vote close excitement but also Wahoo! My random suspicions was actually right for once! So, a lot of strange stuff has been happening today, I haven't seen talked about.

First off, the tech level stopped moving! What the heck @KetBra ?! Was it just a forget about vote close moment? Not happy, from what I can gather it seems like a provillage play from both my and mrpakus role PMs.

Secondly, from PM circles burnage isn't one of the first, the other person that claimed was obi to Jdark, in a set of circumstances I found odd. On day 1 they seemed confused it was a final fantasy phalla.

Thirdly, probably obvious but we lost one of the adjectives on the mafia kill, so either Virgil or obi were part of the true mafia. It's also pretty darn obvious by description it was Lich. Though, I guess there is more than just pirates that are colored red.

Fourthly, on a sad note, it looks like discrider may have been out seer. The role description is similar to J4P except not death.

5th, Between egos and Jdark, there is evidence of a thief and belief the thief IS Thief. I honestly can't back it up, and my other thoughts were Fighter was Kime (Vig disappeared around when kime was getting punched) and J4P was white mage. These are obviously false through death records and new info on how face punching works. My original thought of 4 warriors of light coming together might be mistaken.

I see where everyone is coming from with Bedlam, I had the same blank spot on my sheet. I would suspect warmech over mafia though. Honestly it's Bedlam or Aura suggested from my notes, though obviously I could be missing something.

And I for one support our new robot overlord and hope that they grace me with only the mildest of laser cannoning.

Going to look over voting stuff before casting anything. @Burnage who are you mad at? Is that some RP or did you get your vote copted by the same ability as I did yesterday?

Edit: Also, whales are really cool yo!

Bluecyan on
  • Options
    JPants I find it suspicious that a claimed neutral and you have the same item request.

Considering how close the vote was yesterday I suspect those who did not vote but especially those who COULD not vote.

And finally, your votes all seem pretty cleanly in the middle/end of bandwagons. It especially looks odd when you now drop out of the wagon you created, seems like your trying not to be noticed.

• Options
    I didn't put in my order last night because I fell asleep because I climbed a mountain instead of sleeping the night before. Sorry!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Jpants

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Good Morning, 5 hours left to vote and order.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»
    JPants I find it suspicious that a claimed neutral and you have the same item request.

Considering how close the vote was yesterday I suspect those who did not vote but especially those who COULD not vote.

And finally, your votes all seem pretty cleanly in the middle/end of bandwagons. It especially looks odd when you now drop out of the wagon you created, seems like your trying not to be noticed.

To be clear, premium and I are searching for different items.

JPants on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I will say that Burnage is not the only Warrior of Light out in the wild.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Also a possibility, Obifett was mafia and sometimes mafia learn things about the SK but they can't reveal what they know cause it'll reveal they are mafia, do any of you think that is case with Obifett's obsession with KetBra?

• Options
    Yeah if we could get a designated rep from the mafia to comment that would be really useful

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    It really would clear up some things, super duper promise no votes!

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: Β»

To be clear, premium and I are searching for different items.

Huh, I guess I just assumed you and Premium were looking for the crystal. For what it's worth the other item seekers are competitive for the same item
    Two people going for the crown [One was Virgil]
    Two people competing for ore [One was AustinP]
    and then you and an premium.

In any event its the odd pair, also Premium is the only person to (consistently) claim neutral in a game with some very weird village coloring. Seems nearly certain there is an SK out there so maybe another non-aligned but something strange is going on there.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    1 Hour

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€