As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PSA: Peel off those evil PAX XP stickers ASAP!

every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
Due to some otherworldly, malign influence, PAX badges now come with infernal PAX XP stickers that appear to have been welded onto them with some sort of adamantium superglue forged in the fires of Mount Doom.

Be sure to peel them off ASAP before they become a permanent -1 CHA debuff.

You have been warned.

• every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    p.s. Lest you think this an idle threat, last year I waited too long and two of these monstrosities managed to evolve an immunity to all forms of removal short of fusion lasers and superheated plasma from the center of the sun.

every day's great on
  • SweetCosmicPopeSweetCosmicPope Just Some Dude Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Last year I waited until the day before PAX to remove mine. It took soap and hot water. Good luck fellas.

• LuthyrMagnusLuthyrMagnus Registered User regular
    Olive Oil is supposed to be one of the best things for removing stickers...

• MrSaucyPastaMrSaucyPasta Registered User regular
    I took mine off the day they arrived, and they came off with almost no tearing

• Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Why would they suggest to take them off AFTER activating PAX XP, when the website is closed until just before the show? That really is evil.

Just peeled mine off, which wasn't bad, but it did tear a little and leave behind a line of adhesive residue that looks terrible on my otherwise pristine badge.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • FaylynneFaylynne Portland, ORRegistered User new member
    Due to some otherworldly, malign influence, PAX badges now come with infernal PAX XP stickers that appear to have been welded onto them with some sort of adamantium superglue forged in the fires of Mount Doom.

Be sure to peel them off ASAP before they become a permanent -1 CHA debuff.

You have been warned.

Thank you, kind and decent person, for the reminder. I will have to use some goo gone due to being out if town when the badges arrived, but it is not as horrible as last year because of this post.

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I thought they listened to the feedback from before... guess not. Bummer that these terrible stickers are back.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    While I found the stickers tenacious, I was able to get them off all my badges last year. They're just stickers.
    • Go slow
    • If it starts to tear, use the edge of credit card to evenly work the edges back into pullable shape
    • Wash with soapy water when finished.

• Soniku RaharuSoniku Raharu Registered User new member
    Amateurs. You breathe on the sticker/use a hair dryer to melt the adhesive. Pull up a corner, then keep breathing on that edge/exposed corner as you continue pulling slowly. You've never removed a price sicker form a CD jewel case, game box or other valuable treasure? Come on.

So, hey, I'm also an amateur: what's this sticker you're talking about? I don't have my badge yet/this is my first. Is this something I need? Are you trying to trick me into doing something I'm not supposed to do? Where have all the cowboys gone?

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Amateurs. You breathe on the sticker/use a hair dryer to melt the adhesive. Pull up a corner, then keep breathing on that edge/exposed corner as you continue pulling slowly. You've never removed a price sicker form a CD jewel case, game box or other valuable treasure? Come on.

So, hey, I'm also an amateur: what's this sticker you're talking about? I don't have my badge yet/this is my first. Is this something I need? Are you trying to trick me into doing something I'm not supposed to do? Where have all the cowboys gone?

Let me tell you that the adhesive used for these stickers is no ordinary glue. It is a foul concoction brewed in the depths of the Underdark and sealed to your badge with sorcery and witchcraft.

I've heard that removing the stickers may release the vile spirits imprisoned in the Tomb of the Evergeist.

Probably just a rumor, though.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.