As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Fantasy of the Final Pirates Day Eight HELLO FELLOW HUMANS

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Votes:
    JPants 2 (Bluecyan, Bedlam)
    Sir Fab 1 (JPants)
    Bedlam 4 (Aura, Burnage, CJ, KetBra)

As of Bedlams vote on JPants

@premium @Retaba @Sir Fabulous

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Bedlam

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Yeah I am at a friends trailer today sorry for the late vote. I’m okay with tightening the net around Bedlam

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    JPants although to be honest, I'm kinda ok with Bedlam too...

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Bedlam for manip security

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    nvm

Bedlam on
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Seven: Warriors of Light?

Dwarf society was collapsing, and with its fall, the licensed guild workers were eliminated leaving room for a highly educated multi-talented dwarf to arrive and attain the rank of Legendary Dwarf. Sadly with great accomplishment comes great detractors and just as his masterpiece was nearing completion Bedlam was killed.

The time for the world to come together is now. That was the motto of the Warriors of Light. Only by combining the ambition of the elves, the technology of the dwarves and the legions of the humans could a victory against the forces of chaos be won. Although people doubted Burnage’s claim to be a Warrior of Light, his threats to listen or get punched in the face motivated people. Right up until the laser cannon atomized him. After all, shouldn’t a warrior of light be able to stand up to a laser?

One of the philosophers. Well any who are still alive..

2/4 points to the next technology level.

The Dead:
    Bedlam - Legendary Dwarf - Democracy
    Burnage - Black Belt - LASER CANNON

PMs are going out but feel free to play. Everyone voted as it should be.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    ... What?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    See because LASER stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    So, possibilities I see for no mafia kill.

1. It was guarded against. Seems a little unlikely given how many people are down.

2. It was against the SK who has some sort of auto-guard.

3. Burnage punched the mafia in the face and blocked a kill.

Does anyone have an idea who Burnage was targeting last night?

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906

1. It was guarded against. Seems a little unlikely given how many people are down.

I suggested a target but no idea if he took my suggestion. Is it bad that I'm hoping it's number 2? Then again, if SK and mafia connect up that does not bode well for the village...

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

This is my guess. Look at Stuns in the order of actions. He must have got one.

wVEsyIc.png
    I'd say it could be either 2 or 3, no real way to tell right now unless Burnage mentioned anything to anyone.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Punches cause loss of vote and slurring of speech, no idea if they can also prevent kills. In any event the mafia kills sounds like a group kill so I doubt stunning one person would block it.

Apoogies to Bedlam for being wrong. I really thought I had something with that Obi switch.

edited August 2019
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Punches cause loss of vote and slurring of speech, no idea if they can also prevent kills. In any event the mafia kills sounds like a group kill so I doubt stunning one person would block it.

It didn't to kime. Me being a lowly human I suspect that is why I was so impaired while, say, kime, was not. Fiends may not also.

That's how it tends to work from my recollection.

JPants on
    Let’s get some discussion going.
    JPants wrote: »
    So far everyone but Retaba, SirFab, and Bedlam have claimed something publicly. Retaba put Obi over the top so they get a pass for now (could still be SK) so eeny-meany-miney-mo, catch a Bedlam by his toe!
    Someone correct me if I just missed their claims.

While I was wrong about Bedlam (and missed BlueCyan on this list) I still think this is a worthwhile line of inquiry. We have more expected roles left than people so those without claims are super suspect.

I’m actually going to suggest Retaba pulled off the mafia sacrifice play when they saw people weren’t going to let go of Obi.

I’m down to look into BlueCyan or Sir Fab as well, for the record

Unclaimed roles seems a rather constructed set of criteria to hit who you want to hit. Obi claimed Black Mage and was mafia so that doesn't really prove anything. I have claimed to a few networks, and I imagine a few people know my role. I'm fairly certain the mafia does too.

The fact you left me off your list while not being part of those networks suggest it might have been more than forgetfulness.

Might as well reveal for the whole thread now though. I can heel as well as any Cleric, spell "caste" as well as any Wizard, figit as well as any Warrior. I am RED MAGE!

JPants

While I can't say anything about Sir Fab (so little records from the first few days), Retaba has been affected by and victim to Anger. Taking aside that two of the people on the list had the audacity to call you out yesterday, I'm not exactly brimming with optimism for your 'calls'.

I find it rather suspicious how quickly you, Aura and CJ jumped on only for you to jump off shortly after the train was set. Were you concerned about it looking too much like a coordinated mafia attack? I'm guessing you went after Bedlam because you were afraid of the SK and thought (with good reason since they seemed a complete blank slate record wise) it was Bedlam.

For that, where is the proof you are who you say you are? Looking for items seems like a good excuse to lay low.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'll join the Retaba pressure game.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So, my interpretation of what is going on is as follows:

being slashed, burned, maimed whatever is the mafia kill. It's shown up most (all?) nights until now, which means that either obi was responsible for the mafia kill, or whoever was is stunned tonight (I think I'm reading the order of operations ok on this?). I lean towards the latter.

The laser cannon is a village kill of some sort which was unlocked with a certain tech level. Either the operator of the cannon is not the brightest, it got driven into burnage, or it got reflected in some way, possibly through an SK.

Assuming there is a busdriver, you've got three broad options:
    1. It's a village busdriver who was not in communication with anyone
    2. It's a neutral/SK reflection/busdriver/something
    3. The mafia have a busdriver

If it's 1 I would suggest that the person driving the bus speak up, because there's a guaranteed mafia kill right there. 2 & 3 are harder to parse, unless someone actually knew who burnage was most suspicious of.

Now that we're getting closer to the end, it is usually a better idea to start mercilessly murdering the quiet people.

Looking through the vote records, Auralynx seems most suspect to me? Not terribly active, parking votes on mafia when they aren't going to be voted out that turn, and bandwagoning, etc..

I'm not terribly wedded to the vote though so I'd be glad to be proven wrong

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited August 2019
    KetBra wrote: »
    So, my interpretation of what is going on is as follows:

being slashed, burned, maimed whatever is the mafia kill. It's shown up most (all?) nights until now, which means that either obi was responsible for the mafia kill, or whoever was is stunned tonight (I think I'm reading the order of operations ok on this?). I lean towards the latter.

The laser cannon is a village kill of some sort which was unlocked with a certain tech level. Either the operator of the cannon is not the brightest, it got driven into burnage, or it got reflected in some way, possibly through an SK.

Assuming there is a busdriver, you've got three broad options:
    1. It's a village busdriver who was not in communication with anyone
    2. It's a neutral/SK reflection/busdriver/something
    3. The mafia have a busdriver

If it's 1 I would suggest that the person driving the bus speak up, because there's a guaranteed mafia kill right there. 2 & 3 are harder to parse, unless someone actually knew who burnage was most suspicious of.

Now that we're getting closer to the end, it is usually a better idea to start mercilessly murdering the quiet people.

Looking through the vote records, Auralynx seems most suspect to me? Not terribly active, parking votes on mafia when they aren't going to be voted out that turn, and bandwagoning, etc..

I'm not terribly wedded to the vote though so I'd be glad to be proven wrong

Apart from Obi, which mafia is it you think I'm parking votes on? I've spent virtually the entire game following JPants or jdark's lead.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

It's the day 2 lostninja vote that stands out

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    It's the day 2 lostninja vote that stands out

... the village pirate?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

look this may betray the amount of attention I've been playing to this game, but has it been established that pirates are good?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Btw I’m going to die a red pirate but my wincon is to eliminate all threats to the village. I have a masoned partner that I won’t name in case you don’t believe me. That’s why I was worried about a conversion mechanic that would turn us both mafia.
    I'm my investigation, I, Pluto Elven Death Investigator, have discovered Lost Ninja was indeed a Pirate Captian, but was the cool kind of pirate who only stole for evil people to give to orphans.

Aka he was village

Your theory doesn't hold up, KetBra.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

this is why you don't use three red colors in games, they confuse the dumb people

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    Heck, while I'm at it, you want to believe the space laser is a Village kill when it's killed what may have been a guard (Assuran), the probable actual vig (Egos), Burnage (village), Locus (village), Austin (village), and J4P (village!)?

Nah.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

So what is it? SK kill? Another mafia kill?

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited August 2019
    So what is it? SK kill? Another mafia kill?

It is very definitely the SK. I believe it is Warmech. Conceivably it is somehow Garland / Chaos.

So we are in a situation with probably-3 mafia, 1 SK, and 4 others left. I would like to vote out Warmech tonight except that basically it gives the Mafia a night to get ahead on the vote numbers-wise, which is problematic.

Unless, you know, there's yet another mini-faction left.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I'm fine with tugging on the !JPants thread for now.

wVEsyIc.png
    I don't really have any big incriminating evidence, but I'm basically good with JPants, BlueCyan and Auralynx for votes. KetBra's recent SK love is a bit odd though. Did anyone talk to Burnage? I mean I know he's village now but still kinda hoping came from him asking for info.

I went to him with my info, but he stopped talking with me days ago. I don't think he fully trusted me, if at all.

wVEsyIc.png
    4 hours for votes and orders

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I have a riddle.
    What is blue and cyan and not actually a mage but is sorta red and has just way too many arms

premium wrote: »
    I have a riddle.
    What is blue and cyan and not actually a mage but is sorta red and has just way too many arms

Kali.

wVEsyIc.png
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I have a riddle.

Kali.

Incorrect. Looking for something a bit more... Fiendish

cj iwakura wrote: »
    I have a riddle.

Kali.

Incorrect. Looking for something a bit more... Fiendish

hqdefault.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
    Oh, uh, more watery?

edited August 2019
    Oh also has anyone else been hit by some sort of electric shock roleblock at some point in the game?

premium on