As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NSFDATA] Look at my dog, and other people's dogs, and their cats and stuff [pets]

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They're a pretty good calcium source for most omnivores. Don't know that I had ever thought to use them as a snack before, though

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Interesting!

Yeah, I'd think the shells would cut up their insides?

Cooked egg shell is pretty fragile, I really doubt it. Most dogs swallow raw bone chunks on the reg.

And Zig once ate a head-sized ziplock bag of pizza dough in a single gulp, egg shells definitely aren't gonna phase her innards. (That one did give her some pause on the way out, mind you).

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    How much pause

Like, she’s already got four of ‘em

and all of them were on the go trying to get that monster out.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    While growing up we had a very lovely retriever/collie/spaniel mutt, and one day my parents came home with a whole costco chicken for supper.
    My mum went to call us in for supper, was out of the kitchen for maybe 30 seconds, and that chicken was never seen again.
    Only thing which worried us was that we never found the bones anywhere in the house or the yard, and those could do damage to her innards. But she reappeared in less than two minutes so we can only guess she had a couple bites then abandoned it/some other animal stole it before she could get back to it.

edited August 2019
    yikes that's scary
    Growing up we had a normally very well-behaved ridgeback/dane cross whose critical weakness was chicken carcass. We ended up having to immediately toss any roast chicken remains into the outside trash, because there was no way we could put it into the regular kitchen bin and not find the whole thing knocked over and scattered around the kitchen an hour later. She figured out how to open cupboards just for chicken-sourcing purposes.

Then she'd spend the next twenty minutes trying to hide under the piano out of shame, it was fairly pitiful all round.

edit: Weirdest thing that dog ever ate was a cricket ball. Biggest thing she ever ate was the leg of a picnic table, while we were picnicking. It brought an abrupt end to the festivities.

tynic on
  • KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I know this is Facebooky, but I'm posting it.

Fu4hxqp.jpg

Chicken Quesadilla. Probably call him/her "Chicky" or "Casey" for short.

Coconut.

Good name.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    mushroom? that would work

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Hobnob or Balti, both excellent dog names

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dried apricot is a bit wordy but honestly apricot wouldn't be a bad name for a very small or very big dog.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Last thing I ate was a rockit apple.

Either one of those words would work pretty well for a pet.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ritz.

Gotta get me a fancy dog.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Honey BBQ Bacon Breakfeast Sammich. The Third.* Sammich for short.

* Note: not my third sammich. Just that such a magnanimous name requires a suitable suffix.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    biscuit

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Cheezit. Alright, yeah.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    "Drop it!"

Could be a confusing dogs name.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Bagel

Meh

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Snickers Bites.

"your dog bites?"

No not at all, I just named it after the tiny little chunks of Snickers you can get.

I know a Bernese called Camembert. Still one of my favourite dog names.

• DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    nmw4m616dqrv.jpg
    This is Cosmo. He's seven weeks old. He's an Australian Labradoodle (I've been quite allergic to dogs and other pets most of my life). He's moving in with us on Thursday. I've never had a pet before. I am equal amounts excited and stressed out :D

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Banana.

Also, god-damn, that is a cute dog! I wish you the very best with him!

There's 3 rules for dogs to keep in mind
    Rainbows turn them evil
    Holy water turns them good
    A second rainbow will make more evil than before

DrCongo wrote: »
    nmw4m616dqrv.jpg
    This is Cosmo. He's seven weeks old. He's an Australian Labradoodle (I've been quite allergic to dogs and other pets most of my life). He's moving in with us on Thursday. I've never had a pet before. I am equal amounts excited and stressed out :D

I have an appealing offer for you:

Gimme.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    WE HAVE NEW PUPPIES

7 of them to be precise and they’re all absolutely perfect. 11 days old now, if my math is good?

y86i8i4jn6sp.jpeg

Here’s one of them trying to walk, despite being rather top-heavy and his eyes not being open yet

https://youtu.be/nFkc2wisV14

edited August 2019
    Them's collies? If so, @Anialos

Kaplar on
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Them's sure is!

Anialos and I are long time collie bros

UnbrokenEva on
  • DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    nmw4m616dqrv.jpg

Gimme.

Tell you what: if it turns out my allergy gets real bad, I'll

... probably go live in our garage so the doggo can stay

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    collies are good and all, but they ain't shelties

also oh god tiny herding dog toebeans!!!

PiptheFair wrote: »
    also oh god tiny herding dog toebeans!!!

rdnfymr5s2js.png

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Last thing I ate was a waffle.

A great doggo name, if I say so myself.

• SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Last thing I ate was a waffle.

A great doggo name, if I say so myself.

Cbeebies agrees with you

My 5 year old will occasionally burst into song with "waaaaaaaaffffllllee doggy!"

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

I had a sheltie growing up

I almost want to get one

but maybe I'll go collie instead

I don't know so many choices!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    bowen wrote: »

I almost want to get one

Adopt a mutt. You'll never have any idea what they are at all but sometimes they have floppy ears that want to be stand up ears

edited August 2019

I almost want to get one

I'm not here to say anything bad about shelties, herding dogs as a whole are pretty excellent

but

dzy0zb7rkn6c.png

UnbrokenEva on
    in a few hours we will have a lab dog
    well technically a grad student is currently picking up her puppy at the airport and will have to fill in a bunch of paperwork and then probably take the puppy home and let her acclimatize and get comfortable for a few days but SOME TIME SOON WE WILL HAVE A DOG IN THE LAB

I almost want to get one

both shelties and collies require a LOT of energy, but they're both wonderful breeds

shelties are smaller and eat less

they're both pretty queal in terms of intelligence, affection, and general grooming requirements

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    nmw4m616dqrv.jpg

Gimme.

Tell you what: if it turns out my allergy gets real bad, I'll

... probably go live in our garage so the doggo can stay

Zyrtec does wonders for my pet allergies. It doesn't help with any of the other ones but at least on bad days I can keep the dog in the house.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist