As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] how do I apply to join Team Yell

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Madican wrote: »
    What size memory card should i be looking to get? I know the Switch downloads everything, so 256GB probably wouldn't suffice
    do they make 1 TB microSD cards yet

alternate post:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtJUHGjVm0E

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I was anticipating the hunt to take a little bit of time, but nope walked into Walmart as the first stop and there in the case is an all-red box amongst the original designs. Picked it up along with Fire Emblem, parents will kick in for half, and now I officially own a Switch.

So, before I get this all set up, is there anything I need prior? Can I just swap in a memory card at a later point if I only have Fire Emblem for now or do I need to go for the biggest one I think I'll use because they're semi-permanent?

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    are you planning to buy all of your games digital or something

if not you probably won't need the hugest SD card on the market or anything? I think mine is 120something gb and I buy physical when available because collector

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
    are you planning to buy all of your games digital or something

if not you probably won't need the hugest SD card on the market or anything? I think mine is 120something gb and I buy physical when available because collector

I prefer physical so I can add it to my library (it's just nice to look through game cases sometimes), but I know there's some stuff on the shop I might want that's digital-only

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    What size memory card should i be looking to get? I know the Switch downloads everything, so 256GB probably wouldn't suffice

If you’re just starting out, and you’ll have less than a handful of games, you’ll probably be fine with the built in memory, especially if you’re getting physical cartridges.

9ilscwmdx284.jpeg

Here’s an example of some file sizes, and these are all downloaded (no cartridge).

But if/when you do get a memory card, get one on sale. Never pay full price for SD Cards.

Perrsun on
    you can swap SD cards yeah, it puts save files on the internal memory and installs on the swappable memory if it can.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I have a 128 or whatever card and have zero space issues with regular upkeep. No reason to keep games downloaded I am done with and don't want to replay and most games are like 20-25, gigs at largest

CYpGAPn.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I snagged a 256gb one on a Christmas sale. Plenty of space. They next sale will probably be labor day I bet.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Switch games are way smaller than you’d think. It's nice.

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Amazing what happens when you don't gotta download 4k textures

X22wmuF.jpg
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I picked up Katana Zero last week and just had my second play session with it tonight. It's a fun game, but I'm not very good at it! It's twitchy and difficult like a lot of Devolver Digital-published titles seem to be (I've also been playing Ape Out a lot and they both rely on learning enemies' patterns and dying a lot), and I don't feel quite as accomplished as I'd like to be when I finish a level. I think part of that stems from finishing a level, watching the replay, and seeing all the ways you sorta brute-forced your way through it when the game encourages more finesse. It doesn't really reward you for that finesse, though?

It's also got all this weird branching dialogue in the story parts. I'm curious to see where that goes.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I spent way too long playing Forager last night. I'm pretty deep now, but I think things are going to slow down with oil/plastic production.

I also have so much shit going on that when I took a double production speed boon I got some noticeable slowdown.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Forager is definitely one of those games, yeah.

If you haven't yet, try stacking lighthouses and see what happens

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm finally playing FE3H some more but I'm too far behind the curve to risk going into the thread for it

Its real fun so far though

2x39jD4.jpg
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, the Fire Emblem thread is pretty good about its spoiler tags and not talking around spoilers

dN0T6ur.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    If you haven't yet, try stacking lighthouses and see what happens

I don't even know what lighthouses do!

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    For what it's worth, the Fire Emblem thread is pretty good about its spoiler tags and not talking around spoilers

The multiple routes thing is helping a ton with this.

None of us want to spoil the other routes for others.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »

this is the real one btw, the one that uploads high quality rips, not the other one that uploads High Quality Rips

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    rip

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I think nintendo is extremely capable of writing emulators for the switch if it was a priority for them, which it is not

It can run android, which can run emulators

I think the main thing is Nintendo wants to preserve games as they ran originally, with slowdown and such, vs just running it through an emulator on modern hardware that doesn't have those issues

Any decent emulator will also accurately emulate slowdown.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    oh hey my switch purchase has finally been justified

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Fight Crab is really shaping up to be what I wanted NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans to be

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Please tell me fight crab has local multiplayer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

my only goal in life is to become the world's best fightcrab player

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    darunia106 wrote: »

this is the real one btw, the one that uploads high quality rips, not the other one that uploads High Quality Rips

Are you saying High Quality Rips aren't real?

how can high quality rips be real if your eyes aren't real

BahamutZERO.gif
    how can high quality rips be real if your eyes aren't real

Special eyes

my only goal in life is to become the world's best fightcrab player

Please check out Nussoft's previous works so you can start practicing:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/450500/Ace_of_Seafood/
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/355240/NEO_AQUARIUM__The_King_of_Crustaceans/

As found on ResetEra, Nintendo just filed for new FCC IDs for new devices. Most of the info is classified until next year, however there is one image that is uncensored right now:

0t4S2GQ.png

There's your SNES controller for the SNES Online games.

Because I am very curious, and a bit of a dumbass, I had to taste-test a Switch cartridge because there's all this stuff about not tasting Switch cartridges.

I fully regret this decision and am now in search of something to get this vile flavor off the tip of my tongue.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Do not trust anyone who has a switch but hasn't licked a switch cartridge

2x39jD4.jpg
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    People shouldn't trust me yes.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Do not trust anyone who has a switch but hasn't licked a switch cartridge

I've done it twice
    Just to be sure

You should do it again. I mean, third time’s the charm, right?

are we talking about candy where some of them taste bad in here too

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Current Mario Maker project: A "Shadow of the Colossus" level where the colossus is a Skinny Mario that takes up 10 screens.

This discussion has been closed.