As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    When Corbin wins I hope they bring the king gimmick back for him.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am sure WWE will find a way to fuck it up but the KotR tourney line-up is pretty fuckin stacked:
    Miz
    Ali
    Baron Corbin
    Samoa Joe
    Kevin Owens
    Sami Zayn
    Cesaro
    Chad Gable
    Cedric Alexander
    Buddy Murphy
    Ricochet
    Andrade
    Drew McIntyre
    Shelton Benjamin
    Apollo Crews

Course they will fuck it up they will have Corbin win

They need to ad one more person to that bracket and make it a goddamn G1 style tounament.
    https://youtu.be/HMuYfScGpbE
    but seriously, Elias is missing from that list it seems

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Its true, I forgot the international music mega star

CYpGAPn.png
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I agree Corbin will probably win, unless Heyman/the other guy have enough sway now to push someone proper.

The only true way to fuck it up is give the winner a King gimmick instead of guaranteeing them a title show at the next big PPV.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    He looks so unconcerned about that man flying at his face.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    TNA's taping in Mexico this week, already announced is Tenille Dashwood debuting against Kiera Hogan

and Dr Wagner Jr's going to show up, which I'm happy about

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    so "Rorshach Kringle" ‘s boy corbin is 100% winning king of the ring right

smdh at this revisionist history over here

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    no no this is the correct history

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    The KotR would be a great way to give Ali a big push. I'd be fine with most of the field winning though.

Magell on
    i would just like mustafa ali to get any sustained push

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    He got a pretty good push off that ladder at Money in the Bank.

uyvfOQy.png

I think the "push" he gets out of this is losing a hard fought second round match against one of the big guys like Joe, Corbin, or Elias.

i can't believe you'd all betray me like this, but i can actually

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I got McIntyre winning KOTR

then he walks around with a crown and a uhh claymore

Xehalus wrote: »
    I got McIntyre winning KOTR

then he walks around with a crown and a uhh claymore

That seems most likely and very uninteresting.

Radius wrote: »
    i can't believe you'd all betray me like this, but i can actually

lookit this jamoke here

straight up an nwo sting trying to pretend they steve borden

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    McIntyre and HHH have a king feud where HHH gets a mace and they gimmick their weapons to pyro on contact

Xehalus on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

He's going to get pushed out of KOTR so Shane can win it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    i've got all these knives in my back, so I feel i'm doing a pretty good job

wait i have a true test

hey wanna help me move

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

Well, Spears already lost in the battle of the jackets here.

Hopefully he does better in the match.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Roman and Buddy Murphy just had a real banger on Smackdown.

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    wait i have a true test

hey wanna help me move

I got a really tiny car so I can help move like one box of action figures at a time

i was gonna do the ultimate betrayal i am not really moving

you ruined it by being helpful

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    I feel like I got a lotta red in the ledger, you know, karmically

's'allright dogg.

we cool as carlito

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

Unsurprising. Both are good at what they do.

Remember when people still hated Roman and ignored the fact that many of his earlier singles matches (like him vs. Bryan at Fastlane 2015) weren't pretty darn good?

Ah, the good ol' days.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Wanting anybody you like to win king of the ring is foolish. Winning a king of the ring tournament in WWE turns you into a jobber for at least a year.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I am sure WWE will find a way to fuck it up but the KotR tourney line-up is pretty fuckin stacked:
    Miz
    Ali
    Baron Corbin
    Samoa Joe
    Kevin Owens
    Sami Zayn
    Cesaro
    Chad Gable
    Cedric Alexander
    Buddy Murphy
    Ricochet
    Andrade
    Drew McIntyre
    Shelton Benjamin
    Apollo Crews

Hm, more often than not, a heel wins KotR. With that said, the REAL field probably reads more like this:

Baron Corbin
    Samoa Joe
    Sami Zayn
    Cesaro
    Chad Gable
    Buddy Murphy
    Andrade
    Drew McIntyre
    Shelton Benjamin

I'm not sure where Gable sits right now. In fact, I thought he was on 205 Live now, and this was Raw/SD.

Anyway, besides heels, KotR... well, it USED to be a tool to elevate someone to that next level, sort of legitimize them. I don't know if they still have any intent to use it that way, but if so, we can probably cross a few more names off:

Baron Corbin
    Samoa Joe
    Sami Zayn
    Cesaro
    Andrade
    Drew McIntyre

Crossed off a few whose characters don't quite feel established enough to me just yet, or feel too low on the totem pole.

Of those remaining, I don't see Zayn taking it unless they tweak his character, and Cesaro... is Cesaro. I'm not saying he can't or won't win it, but I feel like WWE is comfortable keeping him as an experienced midcard hand.

That leaves:

Baron Corbin
    Samoa Joe
    Andrade
    Drew McIntyre

Baron Corbin and Samoa Joe have been to the top of the card, and if rumors of an impending Joe face turn are true, that might take him out of it.

If they really want to elevate someone, seems like Drew and Andrade are the best bets. Andrade is the Up-and-comer (and if WWE wants to play off their real-life relationship, that makes him and Charlotte "king and queen"), while Drew has been hanging out near the top of the card for some time now, but has yet to break on through to the main event scene.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think that considering who it would be easiest to slap a king gimmick on is the main thing to focus on. So replace Joe with Ricochet. If they ever mention the King of Swing gimmick or bring that shirt back, replace Corbin with Cesaro.

uyvfOQy.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Have Andrade win, and he can be Rey Andrade.

Then he can have a winner keeps the name against Rey Mysterio.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Cesaro makes it to the finals, wins with the help of a debuting Kassius Ohno.

They go around calling themselves the Kings, perhaps of Wrestling or something.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Andrade is the Up-and-comer (and if WWE wants to play off their real-life relationship, that makes him and Charlotte "king and queen")

Yeah Andrade's my pick here too but this comment leaves me wondering if they'll pull the trigger on Queen of the Ring later this year... Are they doing Evolution again?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Wrestling with that mask has got to be exhausting

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I still don't like The Fiend mask

Like I appreciate it is well made and I like the rest of the gimmick but I can't see it without thinking of that time Joker cut off his own face and then stapled it back on

CYpGAPn.png
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »

Unsurprising. Both are good at what they do.

Remember when people still hated Roman and ignored the fact that many of his earlier singles matches (like him vs. Bryan at Fastlane 2015) weren't pretty darn good?

Ah, the good ol' days.

His early single matches were... fine I suppose. He was the triple H of the mid teens. He never detracted from a match but he didn't add anything to it either. Put him in the ring with a great wrestler and there would be a match exactly as good as the wrestler he faced. His move set was incredibly shallow - being focused on being the Shield Clean Up Guy. Stuff that flowed naturally in a tag team match became incredibly forced in a singles match. In fact everything about his pacing became forced in a singles match.

He was fine.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Roman, like Brock, is a singles guy who seems to work best against someone either normal-sized or smaller than him, with Braun being the one guy bigger than him who he works well with.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I still don't like The Fiend mask

Like I appreciate it is well made and I like the rest of the gimmick but I can't see it without thinking of that time Joker cut off his own face and then stapled it back on

I mean I would be very surprised if someone involved in its creation said that they didn't rip it off from that version of the Joker. He's wearing pinstripe pants too.

This discussion has been closed.