As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Just lost to a Druid doing the Malygos OTK. I mean fine whatever, but you don't need to emote the entire final turn, rope, and then play all the Moonfires at the last second. Then to send me a friend request and gloat? Strange world we live in.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Just lost to a Druid doing the Malygos OTK. I mean fine whatever, but you don't need to emote the entire final turn, rope, and then play all the Moonfires at the last second. Then to send me a friend request and gloat? Strange world we live in.

Yeah, you just pause for a second to take a screenshot of your winning hand and then post it on your favorite webforum. Common courtesy!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Extending game duration just lowers your rate of star accrual.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    But seriously, ropers can burn in hell.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Extending game duration just lowers your rate of star accrual.

This isn't factorio!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I will sometimes delay with wild quest mage to see if I can kill just from flamewaker pings without attacks

Phyphor on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    I don't ever get rage adds these days

They are usually quite fun when they do happen

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    Beasteh wrote: »
    that quest druid is madness, i love it

if only i weren't so dust poor after crafting highlander mage

I'm trying out that quest drud... only had to craft 2 cards.

I'm testing it out by swapping out that solo 2-man with zephyr...

so the win-con is basically making it to the late game and just flooding the board, ya?

You either keep playing stuff and hope they run out of removal or you run a Malygos package and try to chip them down to 20ish and then combo.

I was talking about this one. No malygos.
    Big spells and Big Bois.
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    And finally the deck that Abar went on a 14-0 run to hit 43:

4BxAaaCMaGA6miA6+iA8iiA++iA9mpAwA=.png

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    It's quite fun the handful of games I've played it so far.
    not pictured: the first king Phaoris already on the board.

utc168fc537g.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    https://hsreplay.net/replay/dEy6fhvHKXnwASx8rq6RmM

Yo, this deck is just RUDE sometimes. In this one, I got to

- Wipe out 6 enemy Lucentbarks with a Plague of Death and then a second Tess PoD
    - Play 5 of my own Lucentbarks due to Togwaggle Scheme putting 9+ into my deck
    - Revive those Lucentbarks with Spectral Cutlass healing
    - Take the Druid past their Archivist and force a quit

I get some kind of weird satisfaction out of using people's own shit against them and this is hitting all those buttons. Its scratching the same kind of itch I get playing blue in MTG and I love it.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

- Wipe out 6 enemy Lucentbarks with a Plague of Death and then a second Tess PoD

I get some kind of weird satisfaction out of using people's own shit against them and this is hitting all those buttons. Its scratching the same kind of itch I get playing blue in MTG and I love it.

i don't quite understand why you're running spectral cutlass if you've got rogue quest?

the two conflict with each other pretty hard!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Dibby wrote: »

i don't quite understand why you're running spectral cutlass if you've got rogue quest?

Its given me the ability to get my health back up once I have control of the board. They've won me plenty of games by being able to heal me back out of lethal range.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Cutlass has been a pretty decent tourniquet for those games where you bleeding out and need to stop losing health for just a turn or two.

It's a fun deck. I don't have Tess, but I swapped in a Shadow of Death and dropping that on their Colossus of the Moon is all kinds of WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited August 2019
    The Judge wrote: »
    Cutlass has been a pretty decent tourniquet for those games where you bleeding out and need to stop losing health for just a turn or two.

It's a fun deck. I don't have Tess, but I swapped in a Shadow of Death and dropping that on their Colossus of the Moon is all kinds of WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I feel like Tess is pretty critical. She's the primary target for Togwaggle's Scheme. In one game I had her casting Time Out every time I dropped her. It was a bit ridiculous.

edit: also, I'm not saying this has a chance at Legend, either. Its just a really really fun deck

ObiFett on
    This was the messages the guy sent me after the mass emote, rope OTK.

d94pm4edox1x.png

I was thinking of something witty to write when he peaced out. Such a strange thing. I've never had a brag invite before.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited August 2019
    I dont even know how I'd respond to that.

I can't even tell if he's mad or just generally annoyed that you aren't playing an aggro deck

ObiFett on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Saw a Malygos hunter in standard. I mean sure, you expect kill command, but now they have the twinspell 1 damage cards that go well with it to.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    azith28 wrote: »
    Saw a Malygos hunter in standard. I mean sure, you expect kill command, but now they have the twinspell 1 damage cards that go well with it to.

There are a lot of damage spells in my build of that, you use what you draw. I've baited arrowed the face before

My deck used: twinspell, arcane shot, kill command, bomb toss, baited arrow

Phyphor on
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    This was the messages the guy sent me after the mass emote, rope OTK.

d94pm4edox1x.png

I was thinking of something witty to write when he peaced out. Such a strange thing. I've never had a brag invite before.
    I think I'm not high enough in the rankings because I never get any messages to gloat or make excuses, nobody friend requests me ever.

It's a hard knock life for us.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Taunt Warrior gets you hate invites. I've gotten some spicy ones

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how much dust I can get to make a few more legends/epics. Would you dust these legendaries?

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia
    Hack the System (warrior quest)

I have those, plus a bunch of wild epics and gold cards. Most cards that are wild and I've kept, I've kept because I just like the look, but if I can fill out newer decks, meh. Right now, I am liking:

Murloc Pally (don't have Finley)
    Highlander Mage (don't have Siamat, Luna's Pocket Galaxy, King Phaoris)
    Midrange Hunter (no new cards from current set in this deck)
    Murloc Shaman (no new cards from current set in this deck)

What I have:

I've been thinking about crafting:
    -Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Tortollan Pilgrim/Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron (2nd copies of each)
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

From the new set, I have:
    -Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Thoughts? I'm just over here calculating how much potential dust I can have to use. Just thinking outloud.

edit: So, I have estimated around 6485+ dust I could get. I might just bite the bullet, but not sure what else I NEED to craft. Like, I want Luna's, but that rotates next year! I feel like Siamat needs that for Highlander, no?

So, I am sitting at about 7k or so dust, with more to be had. I wound up dusting most of my wild cards (commons, rares, etc).

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Every time I get a post-game friend request, I just look at my "X/200 Online" friends and think "sorry bro, don't have room for your rage."

I watched a streamer play Zephrys for lethal this morning where he had 1 mana left and his opponent had 2 health. The game offered Soulfire, Arcane Shot, and Lightning Bolt. I feel like not having Holy Smite in place of Arcane Shot is a disservice to the legacy of Dennis.

edited August 2019

Its given me the ability to get my health back up once I have control of the board. They've won me plenty of games by being able to heal me back out of lethal range.

Hmm, I feel like if you need healing though there's better options in general.... Zilliax ofc, Lifedrinkers (great with Shadowstep)...

Khartut Defender even but that's more vulnerable to Silence/Sap/Transforms.

All of those come with a body as well and provide more upfront healing, which is better than negating your very strong HP

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

spectral cutlass is better than the rogue quest weapons by a wide margin and currently nobody plays removal. in long games it's rogue's only reliable healing. with even a single deadly poison, it can swing a game very quickly

i'm not inclined to play the quest at all, but i can see how it'd be powerful anti-aggro - being easy to fulfil in your first three or so turns - and reduce your worry about drawing a cutlass early

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    edited August 2019
    Playing as Highlander Hunter earlier, and I had my Mage opponent down to 12hp on turn 9 w/Zephyrs in hand. I knew that if I played out all my mana, he'd more than likely give me a Pyroblast. So I dumped my hand to get to 4 mana, hero powered, and Zephyr granted me my wish. Made me feel a bit smart! :)

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    bsjezz wrote: »

spectral cutlass is better than the rogue quest weapons by a wide margin and currently nobody plays removal. in long games it's rogue's only reliable healing. with even a single deadly poison, it can swing a game very quickly

i'm not inclined to play the quest at all, but i can see how it'd be powerful anti-aggro - being easy to fulfil in your first three or so turns - and reduce your worry about drawing a cutlass early

sure, but if that's your gameplan, then just run a spectral cutlass deck, not rogue quest?

i just honestly don't see the point of running rogue quest, completing it, getting a 3/2 immune weapon for 2 mana every turn, and then deciding to turn that off. the upgraded HP is the entire point of the deck, right. literally the whole reason you have rogue quest in to begin with!

DNiDlnb.png
    edited August 2019

sure, but if that's your gameplan, then just run a spectral cutlass deck, not rogue quest?

i just honestly don't see the point of running rogue quest, completing it, getting a 3/2 immune weapon for 2 mana every turn, and then deciding to turn that off. the upgraded HP is the entire point of the deck, right. literally the whole reason you have rogue quest in to begin with!

Once I've got board control, hitting face with Spectral is often the right play to get back health.

Basically, its good to get out of lethal range once I've survived the initial onslaught or aggro or midrange.

ObiFett on
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular

i'm not sure that's how the current quests are designed. most of them will naturally fulfill very quickly, maybe with a couple of archetype variables speeding it along if you really want that hero power early. i think it's increasingly going to be less a case of "i'm building a quest deck" and more "i'm using a lot of this synergy - why not chuck the quest in?"

sC4Q4nq.jpg
    i've been getting DESTROYED in legend tonight

just an endless fucking clown car of tip the scales paladins hitting their perfect double prismatic lens double scales deck out into nomi zephrys savage roar

even with my full mulliganing for aoe and getting it its just entirely too much bullshit to deal with, especially vs smart players who check for flame ward with bluegill hunter before they flood

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Sounds like it's time to go hogwild and counter the meta.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    what deck is equivalent to 30-50 feral hogs

what deck is equivalent to 30-50 feral hogs

Concede Mage w/ the hogriders

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    J2SoWGi.png

hooray

"Win 500 Ranked games with Jaina Proudmoore." What if you got a bunch of mage wins with, say, Medivh??

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    "Win 500 Ranked games with Jaina Proudmoore." What if you got a bunch of mage wins with, say, Medivh??

Doesn't count because Jaina is the one true mage!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I've used Medivh exclusively since I got the skin

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I've used Medivh exclusively since I got the skin

Fake mage over here

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Anduin hasn’t seen play since Tyrande came to town.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page