As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] - Katy Perry finally ending soon. Banner is a trap!

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    There is also the tried and true Nyx sacrifice with Rem MP refresh CD. It looks like KO is ok for the Hasiko trial. No item, No limit, Evoke an esper. The no limit combo with the esper mission will be annoying. Can't use Eiko to limit fill the evoke gauge. Otherwise, it could be a turn 1 KO with all missions. Now it will be a personal challenge to make it happen. Nyx (kill), Rem (MP fill CD), Eiko (Passion performance), and MS Nichol (CD x2) could recover MP and maybe fill the evoke gauge turn 1. Then I would need to evoke esper with a dps and have the last unit that can KO Hasiko by themselves. Maybe...

Have Rem KO turn 2 to fill the gauge.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    There is also the tried and true Nyx sacrifice with Rem MP refresh CD. It looks like KO is ok for the Hasiko trial. No item, No limit, Evoke an esper. The no limit combo with the esper mission will be annoying. Can't use Eiko to limit fill the evoke gauge. Otherwise, it could be a turn 1 KO with all missions. Now it will be a personal challenge to make it happen. Nyx (kill), Rem (MP fill CD), Eiko (Passion performance), and MS Nichol (CD x2) could recover MP and maybe fill the evoke gauge turn 1. Then I would need to evoke esper with a dps and have the last unit that can KO Hasiko by themselves. Maybe...

Have Rem KO turn 2 to fill the gauge.

My plan:
    0) Sylvie passive 50mp restore
    1) MS Nichol recover 120 mp (enhanced)
    2) Rem Summon Eidolon
    3) Sylvie break def/spr and buff atk/mag
    4) Shadow summons an esper
    5+6) Esthers 2xDemagnetizing Strike

• LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Folka also has a MP heal that burns LB meter so you could Eidolon with Rem instead. Assuming you have Folka mind you.

Or bring Ace or Queen or Machina for Eidolon duties.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Sylvie's start of turn MP recovery is 20 MP. However, she still has her single target MP recovery that costs HP. She just has to restore the MP of your breaker and tank or healer and you're good to go. Once broken, Hasiko's drain and damage become laughably easy to withstand.

Heck, considering how tanky Sylvie is and how much MP you can give her, she might be able to eat the start of fight drain and still have MP to break the boss herself with Hop to the Rescue and then ST recover MP on whoever needs it.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Ah, oops, I misremembered the amount. Still, 20MP can be helpful.

edited August 2019
    I overestimated Kain. I remember having some trouble with him, especially his damage. So I geared Wilhelm for HP and DEF and passive provoke, and ran Sylvie and Rena for damage reduction. Wilhelm defended and took very little damage. Esther OTKO'd him by herself after he landed, so I didn't get an LB kill. Don't really need Gil Snappers, though.

And that FF13 exploration lasted five or six rooms too many. It just dragged on and on.

Zomro on
    Cruor wrote: »
    Ah, oops, I misremembered the amount. Still, 20MP can be helpful.

MS Nichol’s mp restore costs 10, so you can still dc that if you have him.

Zomro wrote: »
    And that FF13 exploration lasted five or six rooms too many. It just dragged on and on.

At least it's faithful to the source material.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular

You're looking at the second Hasiko trial; this is a repeat of the first. The missions should be no LB, chain of 5+, and use white magic. No esper shenanigans required.

Lorek wrote: »

You're looking at the second Hasiko trial; this is a repeat of the first. The missions should be no LB, chain of 5+, and use white magic. No esper shenanigans required.

Oh

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Hasiko has been massively powercrept. Turn 1, everyone had MP over despite using regular gear. Nearly one-turn-killed her. Would have if I had planned for it. Turn 2. Killed her. Didn't really need Rem's ability. Could have done just fine with a regular AoE MP restore ability and a turbo ether.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I haven't changed anything from my team that I built for the first of the trials. Took me some time but I wasn't in any danger.

Looks like they're gonna be making changes to the Latent Ability system in September. Neat.

edited August 2019
    They determined that they've been too generous with their EP. Free daily reward is reduced to 50 EP. Will need to fight a special version of Hasiko for it. She does 100% mp drain each turn. You can only bring units with enlightenment abilities. She can only be hurt by a specific element, which goes through a rotation throughout the week. Each turn has a 25% chance of 100% AoE undodgeable death.

[edit] Oh, and she also have an HP lock every 20%. And a unit gets randomly snorted each turn.

[edit] And there will be a special banner where you can summon units that will make Hasiko auto-kill herself. The banner requires Hasiko coins, which you can get in a Hasiko coin banner, which requires Hasiko coin coins. Which you can get in a special banner. Which costs lapis.

Gumi, I'm available for work. I will move to Singapore for you. Just hire me. I have good ideas.

TeaSpoon on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    just to check, this week's fire door pot boss is the 4th one right?

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    just to check, this week's fire door pot boss is the 4th one right?

I believe so. It started on the 18th.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    No news on unit upgrades. Unless they drop news later it looks like we'll have to wait a bit more for them.

Gumi, please. I need those GLS and Reberta upgrades.

I doubt they'll be this week. We have new units and a raid. I'd imagine either next week or the last week of the month when they release the next nemesis challenge is when we'll see them.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    I suspect next week will be Sol Story event. And then Unit Upgrade week as its own thing with a dedicated Upgrade Banner

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    I'm pretty sure the last round of upgrades came with the Egg nemesis event. So whenever we get the next one of those is when I'd imagine seeing the upgrades. I'd be surprised if they do another week of nothing, while I know "different game" and all that, I'd imagine they don't want to fall too far behind in releasing new characters. Sol should definitely be this month, then it's just a question of if they want to move to the FF5 raid/mk event or do some end of anniversary GLEX event.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll be this week. We have new units and a raid. I'd imagine either next week or the last week of the month when they release the next nemesis challenge is when we'll see them.

But I want them nooooow.

• AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Haven't got a rare past 2 IW events. I even burned close to 50 pots. :(

Two weeks left and there's a small handful of what those weeks should be. Also, UoC ticket on the 30th so it's unlikely we'll be getting anymore dead event weeks:
    • Sol story update
    • Galuf/Exdeath/Krile raid
    • Octopath raid
    • Bartz/Lenna Mog King

AhiMahi wrote: »
    Haven't got a rare past 2 IW events. I even burned close to 50 pots. :(

I've had the worst rolls when they've opened all the bonus rare options. I think maybe I got 1 or 2 after using over 150 pots last time. This time, I've yet to see one. And I'm only running 2 weapons through, Longinus and Mediena's STMR.

Longinus IW runs will be the death of me. The rare I got on the Icebird gun was the one run break I took from Longinus. I spent over 100 IW pots on Longinus over the last IW and got nothing.

If I were Gumi I'd be trying to play the delay game as much as possible. I wouldn't want to have to explain Summon Fests to the Global audience ANY time soon

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I spent my anniversary tickets figure waiting isn't really a big deal when we're getting only 20 at a time.

• TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I gave up on Longinus since I do not have any strong spear users at 7*. I guess it could be strong on a DW unit that can also use spears, but I think I have pretty strong options on other weapon types with the rare ability on it. I'm running Quick Silver and Jakes STMR with nothing better than 15% ATK so far.

Finally got the rare on Astrea. Sitting at the Rare and 12% in MAG. Not the best run but goddamn IW can pissoff sometimes

With the EP system changing next month, should I grab the gold and silver key from the KM shop? I've been dumping all my energy into the MK event because I just can't be bothered to turn on the TMR macro. I don't need it sucking up my system resources.

I'd say pick them up, maybe they'll still be used. I hope part of the revamp is just turning the keys in to a permanent vendor as opposed to having to use them to unlock a useless battle. That or just getting rid of the keys entirely...in which case, they'll probaly give you something to use the keys for in the event they're phased out.

Who knows! I'm still gonna hoard keys anyway. Not like I have a lack of event macguffins

Yeah, Hasiko rerun was a breeze. Funnily enough, the only trial rerun I had a problem with was Shadow Bahamut, and it's not because it was hard, but because I forgot he HP locked at 30% and had to rerun it for the Esper kill.

I hope the EP change also removes the point cap. I havent done the daily in a week because Im close to hitting it from using all the keys

Yeah, the cap is why I'm just hoarding keys. I don't wanna hit the cap and be forced to use some.

lol I thought the trial was all of them back to back. So I geared out my group for that. Turns out it's one at a time, kind of disappointed, total cakewalk.

I didn't know there was a cap. I haven't used my keys because I can't be bothered to. The enlightenment system may as well not exist for me. It's not worth the effort.

The enlightenment system that JP has is the best iteration of it, since it just happens and makes units you may have never used more interesting.

The global system has the opportunity to allow for more units (GLEX units specifically) to get latent abilities. But...you have to spend limited resources to unlock the latent abilities, so unless you already use that unit/the latent abilities are good enough to make them meta, you may as well just skip them entirely.

What person in their right mind would unlock the latent abilities for Vagrant Rain? At least in the JP system he'd just have his abilities unlocked after the SBB and you'd have the opportunity to try out a new unit without an opportunity cost.

The enlightenment system that JP has is the best iteration of it, since it just happens and makes units you may have never used more interesting.

The global system has the opportunity to allow for more units (GLEX units specifically) to get latent abilities. But...you have to spend limited resources to unlock the latent abilities, so unless you already use that unit/the latent abilities are good enough to make them meta, you may as well just skip them entirely.

What person in their right mind would unlock the latent abilities for Vagrant Rain? At least in the JP system he'd just have his abilities unlocked after the SBB and you'd have the opportunity to try out a new unit without an opportunity cost.

The one thing it doesn't do, which is sort of what Gumi was aiming for, is unlock the abilities on the units before doing the boss battle. So you can use the actual themed units to defeat the boss without them being awful first and enhanced after already defeating it. I like that that is what they were going for, but yeah, the current implementation isn't great.

edited August 2019
    Lorek wrote: »

The one thing it doesn't do, which is sort of what Gumi was aiming for, is unlock the abilities on the units before doing the boss battle. So you can use the actual themed units to defeat the boss without them being awful first and enhanced after already defeating it. I like that that is what they were going for, but yeah, the current implementation isn't great.

Naive. I think the system does exactly what it's supposed to do. It's a nerf. They nerfed the upgrades old units got in JP and they did it in such a way that makes it more difficult for reddit to freak the fuck out. It's a nerf that forces players to log in daily, adds more grinding to the game, and the keys can be handed out in compensations or replace rewards. Sorry the servers were down for a few hours. Here's a bunch of keys. Look at how generous we are.

[edit] Also, they'll be able to sell those keys for cash money. JP gave away upgrades for free. Suckers.

TeaSpoon on
    Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they're naive. That's super goosey.

Are enlightenment keys the new 'lol beast meat compensation'? I find the excessive cynicism tiring, to say the least.