As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] Launching on August 27th.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Whitemane is the incel 4chan server.

do what now

There's a meme now(and given the current internet political climate I expect to become unironic in short order) that Whitemane is the server that racists go to, because... Whitemane.

Donnicton on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    So i wanna play with people
    what server do I go to

There's a bunch of us on pagle doing alliance pve

another guild from the PAA also doing alliance pve I think (not sure which server)

there's a few talking about putting together a horde guild but I haven't seen anything definitive on that yet

I'm making a Horde guild on the PvP server Fairbanks. We are gonna be the Ded Boyz cause my friend, brother, and I are rolling undead. Not exclusive to undead or boyz, anyone can join.

Not going super serious but we do want to kick some asses in PvP and will put in some effort to form raids.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'd almost be tempted to give this a try if I was confident my laptop could run it

If it's a Pentium Core Duo or better it probably can.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

do what now

Herod is the reddit server, whitemane was claimed by 4chan, and theres just been some sketchy stuff posted about it. It doesnt look like it will be a positive community.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    My live guild of past 7 years on pve server is rolling on Pagle (pve(, and includes some well known streamers so there will definitely be groups and population to play with.

My vanilla guild i was with for half of vanilla and a bit into TBC on a pvp server is rolling on Herod (pvp). I count a half dozen or so people interested.

On the one hand it would be interesting to catch up with some of those folks, especially given we meet up irl at one point and it's been like 14 goddamn years. On the other hand, pvp at this point is just ugh and the whole grouping situation. Reserved names on both just in case. Chances are I'll mostly just keep playing live anyway.

steam_sig.png
    Can I already make the guild?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

No because making a guild requires your character to buy a think from a vendor, and you can't log in yet, just make characters.

steam_sig.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Donnicton wrote: »

do what now

There's a meme now(and given the current internet political climate I expect to become unironic in short order) that Whitemane is the server that racists go to, because... Whitemane.
    She’s a scantily-clad fascist lady. Of course the chans are gonna go there.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I'd almost be tempted to give this a try if I was confident my laptop could run it

Hot ham on rye

Sterica wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »

do what now

She’s a scantily-clad fascist lady. Of course the chans are gonna go there.

f0az9fqdvre5.jpg

Smrtnik wrote: »

No because making a guild requires your character to buy a think from a vendor, and you can't log in yet, just make characters.

It's 40g to get a guild charter fyi

edited August 2019

Yea, I think you need to be level 10, pay 10 gold, and get 10 signatures.

Just the way people were talking it seemed like the guild setup was already active.

I have created Buttchette the Undead Warrior on Fairbanks. All shall fear me!

Stragint on

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    It's 10 silver for a guild.

OrokosPA.png
    Infidel wrote: »

I realized that after I posted I think it's 40g to create a tabard

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

I realized that after I posted I think it's 40g to create a tabard

10g to create the tabard, 1g to buy the tabard IIRC

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Just the way people were talking it seemed like the guild setup was already active.

I'll try not to MC you off too many ledges :biggrin:

Got my Dohaeris/Morghulis/Sniperguy reserved on Fairbanks alliance. The old Dark Iron PAA people are rolling over there, looking forward to it!

Weird, that's not pagle.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Hot ham on rye

could probably also run it, yes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Man, so I played a Troll Shaman in Vanilla, and although I was Resto because I was pretty heavily involved in our server's PvE progression raid, I spent a ridiculous amount of time really, genuinely trying to make Elemental and Enhancement "work". This time around, for Classic, I've been super committed to simply playing a class that's just naturally strong at its "intended" roles. So I've been planning to play a Warrior. And I've been ALL ABOUT IT.

But then I made my characters the other day, and I reserved my Shaman's old name, just in case. And like, I dunno man, seeing him standing there at the character creation screen, looking just exactly the way he did on the day the game launched ... just fucking brings me back so hard.

milk ducks on
    SniperGuy wrote: »

Got my Dohaeris/Morghulis/Sniperguy reserved on Fairbanks alliance. The old Dark Iron PAA people are rolling over there, looking forward to it!

Bring it! I don't have a brain anyway!

Does the shadow reflect trinket in engineering reflect mind control or just damage stuff?

Bring it! I don't have a brain anyway!

Does the shadow reflect trinket in engineering reflect mind control or just damage stuff?

I'm fairly positive any spell reflect, if timed right, can reflect MC to the point where a warrior can MC a priest if they did it.

I'm going Engineering, so I'll MC the Priest off a cliff while they're MCing a Warrior off a cliff, and declare myself the win-nopestabbedbyarogue!

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Welp. Resubbed with the wife to reserve on Pagel.

Same charnames, races, and classes as our first toons from 2004.

We’ll see if we actually play, but wanted to have them reserved just in case we do and 30 bucks is nothing.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I probably didn't need to reserve my name as there have only been a handful of servers which ever had my name, but I had enough gold left to get a month so why not?

I saved my warlock's name because though it was random back in vanilla I grew to love it and was paranoid

This is the first time I've had Bowen without appealing the name for 10 years and hoping the person who got it got bored and gave it up.

I'm going Engineering, so I'll MC the Priest off a cliff while they're MCing a Warrior off a cliff, and declare myself the win-nopestabbedbyarogue!

I was thinking of doing Gnomish engi for all the cool stuff but Goblin also has a bunch of cool stuff and better stuff for PvP.

I was thinking of doing Gnomish engi for all the cool stuff but Goblin also has a bunch of cool stuff and better stuff for PvP.

I'm playing a Hunter so for me it's about creating space between me and casters. I'm not sure which is better for that, honestly. Rocket boots vs. Net is a hard call.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Hey just throwing it out there: if anybody here originally played on Feathermoon, most of the OG crew I know are rolling together on the RP-PvP server, Grobbulus. Honestly, if you came from RP or RP-PvP in general, just hit me up or roll on Grobb and we can get some stuff going!

milk ducks on
    bowen wrote: »
    This is the first time I've had Bowen without appealing the name for 10 years and hoping the person who got it got bored and gave it up.

Long ago I wanted Nagash but the person who had it was a real silly goose even after he quit the name passed to someone one else so this is why I was meh about the name of my lock Katherissi but grew to love it

I realized something as well it's return of bank toons

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Do we know what sort of addons are going to work/be available?

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    If someone gets grid working I might even raid.

Not sure otherwise, healing without grid and mouseover macros was hell.

• StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Reserved 3 of my OG names on the RP realm.

I really don't know why.

• exisexis Registered User regular
    Do we know what sort of addons are going to work/be available?
    There are a couple of places that have attempted to compile lists of working add-ons.

https://willitclassic.com/addons
    https://legacy-wow.com/classic-addons/

I set a few up during the stress test. I seemed to have more luck with stuff from legacy-wow but not everything worked.

I used Questie during the stress test and it worked great.

Probably will use Aux or Auctionator, and probably OmniCC and an attack timer before I'm done.

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Yeah, there isn't a good manager client out there that I've seen, but addons have been working very well for me during tests.

It is really nice that they have the modern addon/macro system.

OrokosPA.png
    Yeah, there isn't a good manager client out there that I've seen, but addons have been working very well for me during tests.

It is really nice that they have the modern addon/macro system.

I was surprised about that
    Now to relearn C++/LUA

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I've been trying a project 60 run in retail to kill time until release.

Juxtaposed against my time on the test server, it's really driven home how incredibly toothless the leveling experience has become. Even without heirlooms I never run out of resources, everything dies in just a few hits, and I'm never in any real danger of dying.

The whole thing just feels very unrewarding and kinda pointless.

RT800 on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »

Juxtaposed against my time on the test server, it's really driven home how incredibly toothless the leveling experience has become. Even without heirlooms I never run out of resources, everything dies in just a few hits, and I'm never in any real danger of dying.

Yeah, that's exactly the experience I had rolling a fresh 20. After 10 levels it felt like... why bother? Yeah you get new spells but there's no noticeable power increase. I wanted to heal dungeons but spent all of my time DPS'ing because nobody takes any real damage. It just feels like all of the edges have been smoothed off to the point where there's just nothing of substance there.

RT800 wrote: »

Well, and the core problem with this, as I've said in dozens of other threads dozens of other times, is that the retail WoW leveling experience doesn't prepare you at all for M+ and Heroic/Mythic raids. They're completely different games. There are 2-5 skills/spells in your repertoire that you'll never ever use until then, and it'll feel odd and uncomfortable and stressful because you've spent months leveling and not paying attention to that stuff.

Interrupts, for example, are largely ignored until you get into a m+ dungeon. The game should be teaching you more and more about how your class and character work as you play the game, but it just...doesn't.

This discussion has been closed.