As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Visiting the Hawk's Nest - Seahawks vs. Raiders

ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
edited August 2019 in PAX West
The last preseason game is Thursday, August 29th at 7pm. Plenty of tickets still available, especially in the 'Hawk's Nest'. Anyone interested in going as a group?

Forgot to mention the tickets start at like $50...and they go up...but I will be in the cheap seats =)

and there is a promo for no fees through ticketmaster until the end of this week - SEA19 for access to tickets with no fees

ClannMorgan on

• Options
    AshrackAshrack Enforcer Deputy Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The stadium is great, definitely worth the trek! I'd go but got too many things going on Thursday evening. Go Hawks!

• Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Enjoy the game!

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    anettie76anettie76 OregonRegistered User regular
    Dang! That would be fun. I'll have no mode of transportation while in Seattle. Does the bus or rail go there? I would think it would, but just don't know much about it.

5fac6ex5bpmi.jpg

• Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    anettie76 wrote: »
    Dang! That would be fun. I'll have no mode of transportation while in Seattle. Does the bus or rail go there? I would think it would, but just don't know much about it.

There is a Stadium stop on the Lightrail.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular

I plan on taking a Uber/Lyft, as I'm not familiar at all with the public transportation system their.

I'll be getting my tickets either today or tomorrow so if anyone wants to join us...and sit in the same section lets try to coordinate.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I plan on taking a Uber/Lyft, as I'm not familiar at all with the public transportation system their.

I'll be getting my tickets either today or tomorrow so if anyone wants to join us...and sit in the same section lets try to coordinate.

FYI, you literally cannot miss it on the light rail, and it's going to be about 10% of the price of a Lyft at game time.

Get on downtown/at Westlake (closest stop to convention center) and aim South/towards airport/Angle Lake. (There are also route maps all over, but there's only one route, so it's not too bad.)

Get off at EITHER:

- Stadium station, which is closest to the baseball stadium OR
    - The stop right before it (International District/Chinatown Station), which is closest to CenturyLink.

Either stop will have roughly a bazillion people headed stadiumward, and the latter is literally across the street/train tracks from the CLink parking lot.

• Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    He speaks truth. @JobiwanKenobi and I went to a Sounders game over PAX weekend a few years ago. The Lyft probably can't get you any closer to the Stadium than the light rail.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    WuShock wrote: »
    He speaks truth. @JobiwanKenobi and I went to a Sounders game over PAX weekend a few years ago. The Lyft probably can't get you any closer to the Stadium than the light rail.

This. So much this. Get off at Chinatown, as mentioned it’s the closer stop to CenturyLink Field (the Stadium station is better for Safeco/T-Mobile Park). But do *not* try to get there in a car (Uber/Lyft). It will take longer, and you will wind up walking farther.

And it will only be *worse* on the way back.

The light rail is super easy, depending where you are just walk to University Street or Westlake station. Take it toward Airport/Angle Lake. Get off at Chinatown 2-3 stops later. That’s all there is to it. Not sure if it’s changed, but at one point the light rail was also free with a ticket to a game.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »
    WuShock wrote: »

This. So much this. Get off at Chinatown, as mentioned it’s the closer stop to CenturyLink Field (the Stadium station is better for Safeco/T-Mobile Park). But do *not* try to get there in a car (Uber/Lyft). It will take longer, and you will wind up walking farther.

And it will only be *worse* on the way back.

The light rail is super easy, depending where you are just walk to University Street or Westlake station. Take it toward Airport/Angle Lake. Get off at Chinatown 2-3 stops later. That’s all there is to it. Not sure if it’s changed, but at one point the light rail was also free with a ticket to a game.

I can verify that at the last M's game I went to (month or so ago), I ran into a couple people with that exact package. I don't know how that works though, or how to buy it, but can confirm it still exists.