As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seteth Has A Request Of You, And It's That You Play [Fire Emblem Three Houses]

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Crimson Flower Chapter 12
    Hubert's line delivery when he announced that he had his father assassinated was hilarious.

Sometimes you just gotta kill your dad and gloat about it, ya know?

Whoa what
    Did I..... did I miss this somehow

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I looove how there's multiple instances where you can select an option that Edelgard chides you for but it raises her affection

Post Chapter 16
    I chose to tell Arundel that yes, it was our intention to kill Cornelia

Edelgard: Professor, don't joke about that.

(Affection up)

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Chapter 11 spoilers, all 3 routes.
    I kinda feel like the game does itself a pretty big disservice by insisting that the actual combat map is, from what I've seen, pretty much the same for all routes.

Like it looks like it works really well for the BL path, but it feels off that for the BE path Edelgard reveals herself, then you just go through the map normally, and only then at the end you get the choice to side with her? It feels like everything would make a lot more sense if that decision played out a bit earlier, and then you're on her side for the actual fight instead of just suddenly swapping over during a cutscene. And then on the GD path the big reveal is literally given no importance at all; it's just a portrait change from the Flame Emp to Edelgard at the end and Claude is like "huh, that's weird!" with no cutscene at all?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Crimson Flower Chapter 12
    Hubert's line delivery when he announced that he had his father assassinated was hilarious.

Sometimes you just gotta kill your dad and gloat about it, ya know?

Whoa what
    Did I..... did I miss this somehow
    Hubert wrote:
    Yes, there are other nobles who oppose the church. We will condemn those who deserve condemnation and forgive those who deserve forgiveness.

We have already purged some of the Imperial nobles who are morally rotten.

My father among them. How unfortunate.

His delivery and slight chuckle are amazing

edit: it's at 3:40 in this video

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Yup; absolutely agreed. It was a bizarre choice.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Blurrrgh, so many spoileeeers. I need to stop being so slow so I can read all of these. (I'm not going to stop being so slow.)

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I'm nearly done my first playthrough! I think. It took me... A lot of hours

signature.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower is just straight-up one of my favorite things.
    Edelgard hates The Twisted so much that she seizes an entire stronghold just so she has plausible deniability for murdering one of their major generals (though this is also a major boon in the war effort, allowing her a straight shot at the capital due to Rodrigue's involvement in the battle)

"Why no, uncle, of course I didn't mean to murder Cornelia, who is an ally of the Empire! But boy, she sure did get murdered, didn't she?"

I didn't see the dialogue she has if you have her attack Cornelia herself but I'm definitely going to have her do it next playthrough. Always have Edelgard attack The Twisted

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    The chapel questions are hilarious when you’ve learned everyone’s profiles and can pander to them with your answers.

BE Chapter 13, this route is rough
    Why’d I have to kill Judith? Why would Byleth so willingly invade the Alliance (especially since Byleth hasn’t been privy to the prior 5 years’ events). Why is Byleth just rolling over like a good little dog and accepting everything Edelgard is planning and saying?

It still doesn’t make a ton of sense that Byleth would have ever followed Edelgard to begin with; I guess this is my punishment.

At least the battle only took 5 mins because I’m a little overpowered at this point and didn’t have to strategize at all.
    Sometimes to make an omelette (crush the church) you have to break a few eggs (kill those who oppose the empire)

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower is just straight-up one of my favorite things.
    Edelgard hates The Twisted so much that she seizes an entire stronghold just so she has plausible deniability for murdering one of their major generals

"Why no, uncle, of course I didn't mean to murder Cornelia, who is an ally of the Empire! But boy, she sure did get murdered, didn't she?"

I didn't see the dialogue she has if you have her attack Cornelia herself but I'm definitely going to have her do it next playthrough. Always have Edelgard attack The Twisted
    You need to stop calling them that before it starts giving people Third Birthday flashbacks.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »
    crimson rose chapter 13
    mostly i just have a hard time believing that invading the alliance would ever be a good idea

like, invading a sovereign nation to kill the factions there that are against you seems like a good way to make more of the factions turn against you, not turn the country into an ally

if it had been styled more like a covert operation by the strike force that the rest of the alliance saw as a mysterious string of deaths then i still wouldn't like it but at least i'd understand it

Crimson Flower Chapter 13
    This assumes that you're going to change the minds of people who want to join your side in the war by facilitating their joining your side in the war

The Leicester Alliance isn't actually a sovereign nation, it's a collection of city-states that share a loose government headed by its five largest houses; what Edelgard is doing here is making it reasonable for the half of them that want to align with her to actually do so by tipping the balance of power that Claude has worked so hard to maintain
    the game doesn't spend much time here cuz it's interested in other things, but like

they're an alliance. even if the different houses disagree, they're still, y'know, allies. by invading and killing her political opponents even though they were maintaining neutrality, edelgard undermines the argument that her war is morally justified. moderates would be horrified by her actions, and anyone that was on her side because they thought she was in the right would be given pause, and a lot of them would probably abandon their previous stance. i'm just not convinced that attacking the alliance would do anything other than needlessly start a war on a second front. it's a plot contrivance that i just kind of have to not think about to keep enjoying the story.

Crimson Flower Chapter 13
    Part of what shapes this as plot contrivance or something else, is if you have recruited certain folk in this path I think.
    Like Lorenz is like,
    "Yo, the moment you roll over Claude, the Gloucester Family will rally the others who are waiting for the empire."
    You get the sense that the Gloucester House will be dealing whatever political pushback there might be,
    So there is this immediate idea of the lack of an unified alliance. You get a greater sense that these are rebels of imperial rebels (the kingdom), and that some of the houses are just waiting to join back up with the empire.
    There's also some less explicit but interesting bits found in dialog and things like the roster "notes" personal history log
    Where are other alliance houses that are stated to support the empire with the recruitment of golden deer members, that you can find in their time skip roster log. It's also just kinda heartbreaking to read about how some of the folk you recruit from the kingdom wind up disowning their children.

There's also a bit to it that comes up even if you don't recruit many folks at all!

Crimson Flower Chapter 13 and 14
    Namely that, even if you don't recruit them, Lorenz and Marianne never show up to do battle with you—House Gloucester and House Edmund are canonically in favor of the Empire and refuse to defend Alliance territory from the advancing army in every case

I like that little detail, though I... don't think it's true of any of the Kingdom houses represented by the Blue Lions, so it's not as explicit there

Ingrid being disowned by her father made me sad

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh my gosh I have to hurry and get on the other paths so I can click all these darn SPOILERS

I think it'll be Blue Lions next. From what y'all have said and what I've gleaned from the internet, I would probably like Black Eagles as the capstone.

Didgeridoo on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    Oh my gosh I have to hurry and get on the other paths so I can click all these darn SPOILERS

I think it'll be Blue Lions next. From what y'all have said and what I've gleaned from the internet, I would probably like Black Eagles as the capstone.

That sounds really fun! I do want to stress one minor thing
    Black Eagles has two paths

You can have a save before the decision point that will make dealing with it a lot easier, and they're different enough that the experience of them shouldn't overlap too much unless you start over from the beginning

I will be starting over from the beginning so I can keep all my Renown bonuses, so I'm going BE -> GD -> BE -> BL

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Post timeskip Raph
    Looks like Andre The Giant

• Options
    Some of the details are really quite nice (mild Dimitri spoilers)
    In his A-Support with Flayn only, you learn he has ageusia, as a result of either emotional or physical injuries from the tragedy of Duscur.

But you can also glean this in throwaway lines; if you dine with Dimitri and choose his favourite foods, he mentions that he remembers liking it ‘as a child’.

If you serve him his favourites alongside Felix, Felix remarks that Dimitri is eating it as if he hates it.

Dedue asks Byleth for advice; he says he wants to cook Dimtri’s favourites, but can’t work out what they are. The ‘best’ response is to say ‘perhaps he likes everything?’

Also, Dimitri likes chamomile tea. :P (Nah, chamomile is fine. But he mentions that it’s soothing because of its warmth rather than the taste).

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Some of the details are really quite nice (mild Dimitri spoilers)
    In his A-Support with Flayn only, you learn he has ageusia, as a result of either emotional or physical injuries from the tragedy of Duscur.

But you can also glean this in throwaway lines; if you dine with Dimitri and choose his favourite foods, he mentions that he remembers liking it ‘as a child’.

If you serve him his favourites alongside Felix, Felix remarks that Dimitri is eating it as if he hates it.

Dedue asks Byleth for advice; he says he wants to cook Dimtri’s favourites, but can’t work out what they are. The ‘best’ response is to say ‘perhaps he likes everything?’

Also, Dimitri likes chamomile tea. :P (Nah, chamomile is fine. But he mentions that it’s soothing because of its warmth rather than the taste).

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I kinda feel like the game does itself a pretty big disservice by insisting that the actual combat map is, from what I've seen, pretty much the same for all routes.

Like it looks like it works really well for the BL path, but it feels off that for the BE path Edelgard reveals herself, then you just go through the map normally, and only then at the end you get the choice to side with her? It feels like everything would make a lot more sense if that decision played out a bit earlier, and then you're on her side for the actual fight instead of just suddenly swapping over during a cutscene. And then on the GD path the big reveal is literally given no importance at all; it's just a portrait change from the Flame Emp to Edelgard at the end and Claude is like "huh, that's weird!" with no cutscene at all?

Yea one big issue with the game is: Spoilers for uh...I guess BL route really
    The first half of the game, feels like it's just for the BLs, and as someone who started with that route, I thought each part 1 would tailor itself to each group, since part 1 is all about the lions. (obviously this isn't the case as the part 1 route is mostly unchanged for each route). But the second half of the game ignores the hell out of all of the mysteries that the first half brings up on half the routes. The BL route doesn't explore A SINGLE mystery involving Byleth, Rhea, or Edlegarde. It's just Duscur and making Dimitri realize how to become a good King. NOTHING is explained about the cosmololgy, church, dragons, Edelgarde's actual goals, or ANYTHING about Byleth. It's just all dropped, which sucks.

Which route explains stuff about Byleth in real detail?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yea one big issue with the game is: Spoilers for uh...I guess BL route really
    The first half of the game, feels like it's just for the BLs, and as someone who started with that route, I thought each part 1 would tailor itself to each group, since part 1 is all about the lions. (obviously this isn't the case as the part 1 route is mostly unchanged for each route). But the second half of the game ignores the hell out of all of the mysteries that the first half brings up on half the routes. The BL route doesn't explore A SINGLE mystery involving Byleth, Rhea, or Edlegarde. It's just Duscur and making Dimitri realize how to become a good King. NOTHING is explained about the cosmololgy, church, dragons, Edelgarde's actual goals, or ANYTHING about Byleth. It's just all dropped, which sucks.

Which route explains stuff about Byleth in real detail?

Black Eagles: Church Route, and Golden Deer to a slightly lesser extent

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I got the little Three Houses sidecap displays we had at target, they're magnetic, I think I'm gonna put them on the door to the garage.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Well you better put the Claude one upside-down

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Golden Deer Chapter 17 Paralogue:
    gmcrttecdlf1.jpg

You and me both, Claude!

Edit: wow that was a real fucker of a fight on Hard/Classic! I had only one Divine Pulse left in the end.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay! Started this up on Normal Casual, picked the Golden Deer, really liking Claude, and got through the mock battle. Granted, I had to "retreat" several times because oops I miss at the worst time and get smacked to death. But apparently retreating to the beginning of the battle saves EXP so I guess that's intended? Ended the fight with my Byleth and Claude at Level 5, but not using these Beginner Seals until they master their current job. Didn't know they had a job but one of my other units mastered Noble so I guess it's their default and I'm not passing up +5 HP for free.

Put together a shortlist of who I want to eventually poach from other houses, which may get longer as I get to know the characters better. So far it consists of Bernadetta, Linhardt, Ashe, and Annette. Maybe Caspar.

I've been given the task to hunt down some bandits so that'll be tomorrow's thing. The story is pretty interesting thus far, not sure what to make of it yet but that's how it should be in the beginning. I'm sure there's been lots of stuff I'll look back on and say "Oh hey I know what that's about." Also Sothis is really nice for not being a 5000 year old little girl design for once.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Get yourself a Felix. He is a blender that blends other blenders.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Is there a limit/penalty for how many turns you take in a battle? I've been getting some pretty bad levels for spd and def, so most of my guys are getting doubled and shredded in short order. I can still win fights, but only by stopping after every fight of two or three guys and healing them up for the next one, which is slowing the battle down a lot.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Unless specified in the victory conditions, I believe the limit is 99 turns

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    The limit is very generous unless stated, and even the maps with turn count conditions generally still give you 25 turns.

BE:E Chapters 14 & 15
    I spared Claude. I watched the alternate decision on YouTube to see if there would be a cutscene for that - I was surprised there wasn’t! There has been a real dearth of cutscenes in this route.

Heading into the kingdom. Some of the Blue Lions have pretty upsetting reactions here. Sylvain was most vocal. He said he wished there was a way to compromise and followed this up with “but Edelgard and her idiot sidekick haven’t shown much desire to compromise, have they?”

A bunch of paralogues sprung up in chapter 15, so I took care of all of them:

Hubert’s really shows that Edelgard is cooperating with TWSITD, even if she and Hubert eventually mean to take them down.

Petra’s: Yeah! You go, girl! At least someone is making decent progress.

Marianne’s was different; tough and interesting.

Chapter 15: Managed to spare Seteth and Flayn, phew. Still a little strange how little exposition there is.

• Options
    Oh and Caspar continues to get stellar level-ups; perhaps the best in the squad. He’s definitely a front-liner at this point.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    So I love this game but

FUCK
    Chapel mission spoilers
    I fucking love Jeralt and Monica just killed him. I'm am fucking going to ruin every single one of the assholes involved in his death.

• Options
    My Caspar ended up with more strength than myself or Edelgard, both of whom had monstrous strength

Gonna start the final BE chapter in an hour! Woo staycations!

signature.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    So I love this game but

FUCK
    Chapel mission spoilers
    I fucking love Jeralt and Monica just killed him. I'm am fucking going to ruin every single one of the assholes involved in his death.

I also just did this one last night
    When the time-rewinding effect kicked in I was pleasantly surprised, because a lot of games would have forgotten about that

and then it gets blocked and I lost my shit

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I just did the first real mission after the mock battle
    I was worried about managing exp before but now my team is really taking off thanks to Kostas the exp pinata

Got everybody to 5 with their starting class mastered except Sylvain who I'm almost certainly gonna leave on the bench anyway once I start recruiting people

Now time to spend another 2 hours doing highschool monastery stuff to get ready for the next mission

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I have passed 50 hours played and still not hit the timeskip.

Excellent.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    bL
    So I love this game but

FUCK
    Chapel mission spoilers

I also just did this one last night
    When the time-rewinding effect kicked in I was pleasantly surprised, because a lot of games would have forgotten about that

and then it gets blocked and I lost my shit

Bl spoiler
    that you don’t save Rodrigue with it annoys me.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Hah, the 'most deployed' list has gone from 'all the Black Eagles' to 'all the Black Eagles but with Lysithea instead of Hubert'. Some folks just don't appreciate our cackling friend.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    For a hot minute it was Claude, but then Lysithea clawed her way up the list

The characters outranking Edelgard probably outrank her for a couple of reasons, but the biggest one might be that Petra, Dorothea, and Bernadetta are all very popular as recruits

Claude outranked Lysithea right up until the second that more people recruited her than actually played Golden Deer

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    The characters outranking Edelgard also get boosted from players on the default path.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Crimson Flower
    You're absolutely right, but I didn't want to put that outside of spoilers

Still worth noting that even with the Silver Snow/Crimson Flower split, Edelgard still gets fielded more than the less popular Black Eagles, which suggests that the Crimson Flower route is way more popular than Silver Snow

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Hah, the 'most deployed' list has gone from 'all the Black Eagles' to 'all the Black Eagles but with Lysithea instead of Hubert'. Some folks just don't appreciate our cackling friend.

He looks like Snape

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    So I love this game but

FUCK
    Chapel mission spoilers

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I played for a couple hours yesterday and got through a day. One.

Not a battle day, either. That's the next one. Just a regular monastery day.

Why am I like this?

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
This discussion has been closed.