As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    So Valkyria Chronicles for $11.99 - go for it?

woah, where!?

The eShop in the US.

Can't tell on my Switch since I own it, but it's showing as $19.99 here

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/valkyria-chronicles-switch/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I have a bit of buyer's remorse for buying MAU3, it's a cool game but I haven't wanted to return to it. Been slacking on my games lately.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I got all the way to the Deadpool section and had to quit thanks to FE. I think I'm on the FE final battle so I will be returning to finish it up.

• Options
    RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I'm in a similar boat - wasn't able to finish it before FE came out, and have been so sucked into FE that I haven't gone back. But I intend to. I like it well enough, just too many good games out at the same time.

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

woah, where!?

The eShop in the US.

Showing up as 11.99 for me.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

woah, where!?

The eShop in the US.

That's really odd, I bought it earlier today for $11.99.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

woah, where!?

The eShop in the US.

My guess is the fine print:
    *If eligible for a Just for You offer, the final price reflects the combined Sale and Just for You offers. The Just for You offer is discounted from the sale price.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options

woah, where!?

The eShop in the US.

It's possible that it only shows as the sale price for someone who doesn't already own the game.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    That makes sense. I don't own it and it's showing up fine for me. 3lgayaua6hrz.png

Not even logged in actually, as you can see there.

Nitsua on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Played through the first chapter of Hard West. It has a few changes on the New XCOM formula that I immediately appreciate: if you're at point-blank range, your chance to hit is set to 100%. If your calculated chance to hit is 80% or better, it gets bumped up to 100%. And on the flip side, if your calculated chance to hit is 20% or worse, it gets set to 0%.

Full and partial cover provide a smallish modifier to hit chance, but more importantly they also offer damage reduction. Partial cover is usually half damage, and full cover is usually one-quarter damage. I found a scoped rifle that dealt full damage through partial cover though, and was using it to dunk on some bad dudes.

So far I am not impressed with enemy behavior at all: they've mostly been running around like headless chickens. Maybe that's intentional to make the beginning of the game easy, especially since thus far all of the missions have required all of my party members to survive. Maybe the enemies will get smarter in later chapters or on a harder difficulty.

I've now played through three chapters (there are seven or eight in total, I think). Updated opinion: a reasonable XCOM-type game for five bucks, but I would feel a little ripped off if I had paid much more than that. There's a little something missing in the individual battles, I'm not sure what. The "strategy layer" definitely could have used some more love. The third chapter's strategy layer was essentially a very bad "buy low, sell high" minigame where there was a cost to going to other locations to look at prices and none of the stores ever restocked on either goods or money. Barf.

Allegedly there's some amount of "your decisions will influence things that happen later," but I haven't seen any yet that carries over between chapters - each chapter seems to be its own sandbox. You're pretty much starting from scratch every time. There's not even much character progression within a given chapter, I think I would like the game better if there was some form of levelling up or getting better skills.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Both my Joycons (got them on launch day) are starting to malfunction, so I'm considering either getting some new ones or sending them off for repair. I'm not sure what the price of repair would be in the UK though.

In the meantime, I'm considering taking the plunge and buying a Pro Controller. A store near me has a good deal for the official one, but are there any good third party wireless controllers I should consider?

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Both my Joycons (got them on launch day) are starting to malfunction, so I'm considering either getting some new ones or sending them off for repair. I'm not sure what the price of repair would be in the UK though.

In the meantime, I'm considering taking the plunge and buying a Pro Controller. A store near me has a good deal for the official one, but are there any good third party wireless controllers I should consider?

The Pro Controller is great except the D-pad is total garbage. For third party everyone seems to love the 8bitdo SN30 Pro+.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    i wonder how the spyro trilogy is going to look on switch. It was stunning on the other consoles, I really enjoyed it

• Options
    Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    My left joy con has stopped charging. Has anyone else had this problem?

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Ear3nd1l wrote: »

Is it actually attached? I have a right joycon that's a bit loose sometimes.

• Options

You might try updating the joy con firmware under settings.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    It's possible that it only shows as the sale price for someone who doesn't already own the game.

This is how it is. I have heard about Switch sales for lots of games I already own and when I click to the site as me it shows full price, but when I visit in incognito (being logged out) it shows the sale.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

I had no idea you could do that.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

Is it actually attached? I have a right joycon that's a bit loose sometimes.

The rail thing does actually feel a bit loose.

• Options
    edited August 2019

I had no idea you could do that.

I just tried that myself, and it seems my Joycons are working properly. At the moment, I haven't noticed any more drift in the left Joycon at least. Some of the buttons on my right ones feel like they keep cutting out though.

T-Danger on
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Some image Nintendo sent to the FCC has surfaced recently. Reminding a lot of people of an SNES controller, which would go pretty well with SNES games, just like they did for the NES.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    In about a week this has become my favourite way to game. It’s just so easy to dock, undock, slide on joycons or play with it free standing depending on where I’m playing it.

Also I didn’t know VC1 and 4 were on it. Awesome, time to rejoin Squad 7.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I picked up revelations 2 on a whim.

This game was not designed with somebody who has a lot of amiibo's in mind

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hahaha my 5 year old and I decided to spend a token on Mario Kart 8, and she got addicted immediately. Got tired of it today though, so thankfully is willingly doing other activities, but her controller coordination is improving daily and I fear my reign as console master of the house is numbered.

• Options
    Hahaha my 5 year old and I decided to spend a token on Mario Kart 8, and she got addicted immediately. Got tired of it today though, so thankfully is willingly doing other activities, but her controller coordination is improving daily and I fear my reign as console master of the house is numbered.

My daughter is the Queen of Mario Kart in our house...

• Options
    I'm not normally the type to plunk down extra cash for a limited edition of a game, but I really want the model mech that comes with Daemon x Machina's edition. Plus, I quite enjoyed the demo.

I might have to give it another go if its still working.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    I'm not normally the type to plunk down extra cash for a limited edition of a game, but I really want the model mech that comes with Daemon x Machina's edition. Plus, I quite enjoyed the demo.

Wow I looked it up and that's really cool.

And its Europe and Australia only. Alright, this is getting rediculous now.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

Mine too. My daughter destroys me in Mario Kart in my son destroys me in Super Smash Brothers. My skills have left me. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »

Mine too. My daughter destroys me in Mario Kart in my son destroys me in Super Smash Brothers. My skills have left me. :(

Or you passed them on

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    E3 Nintendo Treehouse Daemon x Machina gameplay, and a rundown of some changes they've made based on demo feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrATQXifIVs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqMjI5U6gWw

giev nao

Donnicton on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Mario Tennis Aces has been on my wishlist for a while... until the free trial last weekend. That was just very uninspiring, it didn't seem to improve on the 3ds Mario Tennis at all, and now I have no interest in picking it up.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

I enjoyed the Daemon X Machina demo enough that I was definitely going to get it even before the team announced they've been polishing it. But I'm not sure I enjoyed it enough that I want to shell out the money for the limited edition.

But that is a very nice mech. So I'll probably be going back and forth on this until the choice is taken from me by the limited edition selling out.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

"Spend a token"?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Fire Emblem last Month, Astral Chain this month and Daemon X Machina next month.

What a time!

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular

"Spend a token"?

Probably meant spend a voucher.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Who won when your daughter played mine? I'll have to ask. I'm sure they would like a rematch.

And I've always sucked at Smash. I can't keep track of my character in the chaos and finally find myself when I'm falling to my death.

Ear3nd1l on
  • Options
    Looks like the final title of Game Freak’s Town is going to be ‘Little Town Hero’.

https://nintendoeverything.com/game-freak-trademarks-little-town-hero/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    Fire Emblem last Month, Astral Chain this month and Daemon X Machina next month.

What a time!

And then Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI. I have no idea how to prioritize my time.

Thinking of skipping Astral Chain for now as I think I'm too old to enjoy those spectacle fighter games anymore. I'm too slow at them, the mechanics increasingly confuse me, and my wife doesn't like when I cuss at video games. And really fast paced games always get me cussing.

Plus, I've never really gotten a Platinum game. Bayonetta consistently felt like I was playing it "wrong" and I don't have any clue how to adjust my playstyle towards "right". Wonderful 101 I tried the demo for, and also couldn't figure out what I was doing.

I donno, maybe if they release an Astral Chain demo I'll give it a try. But the risk reward ratio to me, as well as the avalanche of other things coming out, is putting it on the bottom of my list.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Namrok wrote: »

What a time!

And then Link's Awakening and Dragon Quest XI. I have no idea how to prioritize my time.

Thinking of skipping Astral Chain for now as I think I'm too old to enjoy those spectacle fighter games anymore. I'm too slow at them, the mechanics increasingly confuse me, and my wife doesn't like when I cuss at video games. And really fast paced games always get me cussing.

Plus, I've never really gotten a Platinum game. Bayonetta consistently felt like I was playing it "wrong" and I don't have any clue how to adjust my playstyle towards "right". Wonderful 101 I tried the demo for, and also couldn't figure out what I was doing.

I donno, maybe if they release an Astral Chain demo I'll give it a try. But the risk reward ratio to me, as well as the avalanche of other things coming out, is putting it on the bottom of my list.

Yea that makes sense. They might do a demo!

And I don't do remakes(no Link's Awakanening or DQXI for me) or indie games so prior to Fire Emblem I hadn't turned on my Switch in almost a full year.

So just having these 3 games over 3 months is pretty huge for me.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular

Who won when your daughter played mine? I'll have to ask. I'm sure they would like a rematch.

And so Child FIght Club begins.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.