As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW Classic] launches Aug 27 <Sixteen Daggers> Alliance PVE -> Pagle

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    I cannot believe that we're talking about Classic and a shortage of Rogues at the same time.

evidently they are all on herod... too bad, I would love to retaliation them to death

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    One of my friends irl is likely joining us and going warlock so we probably have an extra there

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    I'm doing my part as a selfish rogue.

borb_sig.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Saeris wrote: »

It's a trap, they didn't mention hunters because there's an abundance and they're all gonna take your weapons

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Saeris wrote: »

It's a trap, they didn't mention hunters because there's an abundance and they're all gonna take your weapons

Every. Weapon. Is. A. Hunter. Weapon!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Shirls will do much betrayal with vanish

I was gonna ask why you wouldn't pally for the DI then I remembered DI blows your self up

icGJy2C.png
    Fact: Hunters are to blame for 87% of all mid-dungeon group failures. 63% from dropping into the UBRS arena without dismissing their pet first

Fact: Hunters are to blame for 87% of all mid-dungeon group failures. 63% from dropping into the UBRS arena without dismissing their pet first

Not me though, I'll never be a fuck-up at any of this at all!

(Will constantly forget to turn off Aspect of the Pack)

wowhead made a really great tool to exactly plan out your gear/talents/enchants, customizable by phase

https://classic.wowhead.com/news=294307/classic-gear-planner-updates-talents-enchants-gear-filters-including-phases?webhook

I've never seen anything that quite covers all the bases like that. Really cool! Let me exactly plan out my pre-raid warrior

What did I learn? There's shockingly few pre-raid blues for any given slot, particularly the armor slots

I also learned that warriors are frikken STACKED. 27% crit, hit capped, and almost 4k EHP before setting a single toe in Molten Core. heck yeah!

That's including all the fire resist gear?

• JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I went ahead and resubbed just to reserve Jimbob on Pagle. Going with hunter to start this time around.

no just a pvp gear set.... fire resist??? psh, boring

but you can make a fire resist gear set if you want, the tool has everything

edited August 2019
    Jasconius wrote: »

Molten Core requires Fire Resist is what I'm saying. The stuff inside has it on along with good okay passable stats but you'll need it prior to then or else you're gonna melt.

Madican on

Molten Core requires Fire Resist is what I'm saying. The stuff inside has it on along with good okay passable stats but you'll need it prior to then or else you're gonna melt.

yeah.............................. i know

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The new meta is 0 FR for non tanks in MC.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

you can probably get away with it now that everyone isn't playing on a baked potato and dialup

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    No FR for me, thanks, I'm trying to get a tan.

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    I think I remember my PvP guild doing Molten Core all the way up to Ragnaros without using FR gear. We were idiots, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    i was offering an example of stats for a character that never raided... but since I have been RUTHLESSLY pulled into this subject against my will, I really only remember using FR gear for Rag himself and a select few highly onerous packs of trash... and Vael, until we grew up and just burned him down like manly men

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    i was offering an example of stats for a character that never raided... but since I have been RUTHLESSLY pulled into this subject against my will, I really only remember using FR gear for Rag himself and a select few highly onerous packs of trash... and Vael, until we grew up and just burned him down like manly men

FR pots were probably enough for rag, in retrospect

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I popped on my FR neck, trinkets, cloak, etc. and used a fire prot pot as a healer on Rag.

OrokosPA.png
  • FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    I haven't read up on all the Classic bits but I do recall at one point in classic, crowd control was for real. (nightmares of I think both LBRS and UBRS?, as a rogue trying my damnedest to sap) Has anybody seen anything about that in any of the testing?

I have to admit I'm excited to pick and go gnome Rogue like I did so long ago. I played him for a good year before even trying an alt, though dwarf Paladin is sounding pretty appealing.

Huh...
    Sap doesnt restealth without a talent and even then its 90%

gonna be a LOT of dead rogues

icGJy2C.png
  • FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    I remember a lot of sap left, sheep right, oh god who AoE'd?!

Huh...
    Rando: "Hey mage can we get food and water."

Me: *flips double birds*

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Sap doesnt restealth without a talent and even then its 90%

gonna be a LOT of dead rogues

I took the talent because there was something else mixed in with it I just forgot what
    Rando: "Hey mage can we get food and water."

Me: *flips double birds*

On my mage I used to tables are for earners

We didn't get tables until BC. In Classic we had to conjure it ourselves then trade it with everyone

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    We didn't get tables until BC. In Classic we had to conjure it ourselves then trade it with everyone

I know but I got my mage to 60 toward the end of vanilla just as naxx came out

FF wrote: »
    I haven't read up on all the Classic bits but I do recall at one point in classic, crowd control was for real.

that's pretty much all points of classic until you have gear... dungeons should be pretty methodical for a while

bowen wrote: »

FR pots were probably enough for rag, in retrospect

Yeah, the new theory is basically that the FR gear lessens your dps by 30-50%, and the fight lasting that much less time reduces the damage dealt by at least that much. Especially when sons spawn, it's way better to just burn them all down ASAP than anything else. Sapphiron is the same way with FrR, but you ain't doing Huhuran without your 18 NR soaks.

so I guess I was wrong about shamans its not the dual wield tree I coulda swore that was in at the same time as droods getting boomkin

anyways I still have no idea what to play, aim for the dream UNTAMED BLADE FURY WARRIOR? druids are bonkers, shadow priests are dope, mages call to me

poor warlocks do not have their good trees when did they get UA musta been the tbc patch?

icGJy2C.png
    Warlocks were absurd DPS at various times in Classic, second only to rolling ignite mage stacking in AQ and Hemo rogues, depending on how you counted Hemo's damage.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Unstable affliction was definitely tbc

7yh4xczljsym.png
    Biggest problem with Warlocks in raids was I think the eight debuff limit on bosses

Warlocks were absurd DPS at various times in Classic, second only to rolling ignite mage stacking in AQ and Hemo rogues, depending on how you counted Hemo's damage.

Yeah but their trees are boring!!

icGJy2C.png
    so I guess I was wrong about shamans its not the dual wield tree I coulda swore that was in at the same time as droods getting boomkin

anyways I still have no idea what to play, aim for the dream UNTAMED BLADE FURY WARRIOR? druids are bonkers, shadow priests are dope, mages call to me

poor warlocks do not have their good trees when did they get UA musta been the tbc patch?

blizzard didn't decide to make Warlock its own class until TBC

memes aside, Destro was plausible, but there were some roadblocks. One, most of your damage is fire damage, which was occasionally worthless in MC. Two, destro gets very little/no threat reduction, so when you finally do start pumping out mad damage, you'll be limited by threat

i have seen a destro warlock completely and totally own in vanilla... but he had full BWL level gear

But the Doomguard ritual!

You can kill a member of your own party!

Nothing is that much fun!

Soul stones threat reduction and yeah I know warlocks where good

I'm deffo remembering when we got the 41 point trees tho that was hilarity

icGJy2C.png

blizzard didn't decide to make Warlock its own class until TBC

memes aside, Destro was plausible, but there were some roadblocks. One, most of your damage is fire damage, which was occasionally worthless in MC. Two, destro gets very little/no threat reduction, so when you finally do start pumping out mad damage, you'll be limited by threat

i have seen a destro warlock completely and totally own in vanilla... but he had full BWL level gear

Nightfall/Ruin is a perfectly serviceable build right up until TBC. On some raid fights it's better than pure fire Destro (so many insta shadowbolts on C'thun, holy shit).

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

you can probably get away with it now that everyone isn't playing on a baked potato and dialup

no you cannot

the damage taken combined with the absolute garbage healing packages classes had make it numerically not possible

it can probably be done with less FR