As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Overwatch] Thread: June Joust Starts May 21

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Then all is well in Overwatchland!

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    huh, you can endorse people in arcade mode now

or in mystery heroes, at any rate

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I kinda don't like endorsements being in Mystery Heroes. It means I can't leave if I walk out of the attack spawn and see a broken comp on 2CP defence.

Like no offence but I have beaten my head against double Bastion Orisa Mercy Torb +1 before, I know how this ends. It'll be fine once QPC is in arcade, but for now, yuck.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I kinda don't like endorsements being in Mystery Heroes. It means I can't leave

Why not?

Perrsun on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

Why not?
    Leaving in a mode with endorsements usually drops me from 4 to 3. It doesn't really matter since it's not much of a reward but it still feels bad

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Oh. I didn’t know leaving matches had an effect on endorsement levels.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Endorsements in MH is. . . Weird. I rarely stick around long enough to participate, to the point that I forget that it's a thing in the other modes when I do actually play them. Normally I would be all "hurr hurr don't play mystery heroes then hurr hurr" like I do when people complain about our comp in-game, but this is odd.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Why not?
    Leaving in a mode with endorsements usually drops me from 4 to 3. It doesn't really matter since it's not much of a reward but it still feels bad

you'll end up dropping from 4 to 3 eventually anyway no matter what, the game forces it unless you're constantly playing and getting endorsements (and even then I'd bet it'll force a drop anyway to keep you in the ecosystem trying to chase it)

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I feel like the biggest thing to learn with Sigma for me is going to be remembering to dismiss the barrier when it’s not needed so it can recharge

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i personally notice the zarya change/buff/fix thing... its much easier now for me to left-click things to death in scrambly situations... particularly stuff like baby dva...

that's great, i like zarya and I badly need a roadhog alternative in my arsenel that i enjoy

but the bad news: she seems totally helpless against sigma, rip

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Yes the beam fix is substantial. Even Zarya's tickle beam is kinda reliable now and she melts evasive squishies. Sym too.

• Options

Why not?

you'll end up dropping from 4 to 3 eventually anyway no matter what, the game forces it unless you're constantly playing and getting endorsements (and even then I'd bet it'll force a drop anyway to keep you in the ecosystem trying to chase it)

I was consistently seeing people with level 5 while doing Lucioball comp matches, and I don’t think I’ve seen 5s anywhere else.

• Options
    OK Mystery Heroes is officially the mode to tank your endorsement rating. No one keeps track of who plays what so barely any are being handed out. What a stupid thing to do to the mode.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I feel like I'm starting to find my Lucio groove on the switch from PS4 to PC, but I am sadly super basic looking as I only have his classic skin

while I wait for enough gold to unlock the Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, who is the best Lucio in OWL?

edit: hm, according to this site Anamo has the most elims/min and the least deaths/min of anyone https://www.omnicmeta.com/owl/stats/hero/lucio.html

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Anamo, Slime, Masaa, Nus, Moth, in some sort of order.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Slime is the best lucio but i don't really like vancouver's colors

i would recommend IDK (hangzhou spark) or biggoose (los angeles biggeese)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I think Moth is probably one of the least flashy but most impactful Lucios in OWL though - in GOATS meta for sure he had a lot of big plays that went unnoticed

• Options
    Yeah I thought about it and style > all so I’m just going to spend my 300 tokens getting one Spark skin for a hero in each role (Lucio, Mei, still don’t know which tank I’ll main)

• Options
    Lucio is the only one who looks good in Titans colors, as a DJ he's supposed to dress weird

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    did i enter a timewarp???

https://youtu.be/INwXcBzqHz4

(later in the stream they had kephrii, redshell, and emongg to fill out the 6 stack)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    awww fuck, I really missed a Tim OW stream ;_;

(I'm one of the weirdos who doesn't like watching VoDs, which is why this is disappointing)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I caught a bit of Tim's stream when he was doing his tank placements, and saw him get completely carried by an Ana

• Options
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I'm a bit disappointed that they dropped stage 4 mini playoffs. I always assumed it was for things exactly like how Washington is suddenly decent due to the meta shift. Let them shine a little.

• Options

This is fucking outrageous

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    I think it's probably been covered but don't these usually take roughly 90 days to pay out anyway? I mean it's already past that but I don't think they are actually 105 days late as the tweet implies. 2 weeks is still too long.

Also it's season 1 of Contenders 2019, not season 1 of Contenders all time so that's a little misleading too.

• Options
    Soe needs to stop wearing her grandma's tablecloth

• Options
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Soe needs to stop wearing her grandma's tablecloth

Dis. A. Gree.

• Options
  • Options

Balrog'd!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I hate Sigma
    I hate everything about him

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I hate Sigma
    I hate everything about him

Annual Performance Analysis:

Naughty

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i also don't like sigma. also on several levels...

some i can explain some I can't. i feel he's needlessly complicated to play. the shield is awkward to use. his absorb feels like a mediocre tool. his damage seems like total crap. his ult... its powerful but i really don't like how it lifts people into the air for so long...

design wise.. i don't know why.... but for some reason I got like hannibal lecter vibes? i think one of his skins gives him the hannibal straight jacket mask which is a bit on the nose.... that seems like an odd theme to hand out

not feeling him at all

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    i also don't like sigma. also on several levels...

some i can explain some I can't. i feel he's needlessly complicated to play. the shield is awkward to use. his absorb feels like a mediocre tool. his damage seems like total crap. his ult... its powerful but i really don't like how it lifts people into the air for so long...

design wise.. i don't know why.... but for some reason I got like hannibal lecter vibes? i think one of his skins gives him the hannibal straight jacket mask which is a bit on the nose.... that seems like an odd theme to hand out

not feeling him at all

Ya I haven't liked him either, he's kinda a terrible tank? Like, there is no situation where he seems to be worth using over ANY other tank?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Y'all can just not play him at all and leave him to me then. He's mean as hell up close. Accretion is a totally badass ability. Ulting Genji? Boulder. Moira too slippery for everyone? Big Ass Rock. Hog trying to heal up again? Hit him with the planet.

• Options
    SixshotStrikerSixshotStriker Registered User regular
    Haven't played Sigma enough to get a solid handle on him, but I kinda like how he plays. I definitely won't say he's bad but seems to require a lot of teamwork. Accretion is very strong (having been stunned out of my ult as Moria multiple times while in the backline), I thought the spheres were low on damage but I was just missing a lot of shots. I'm going to have to get my timing down to get value out of kinetic grasp and gravitic flux*. The onlt ability I'm not crazy on is the barrier, it just feels weird and that it breaks easier than others. But that's probably just me.

*side note, if you're lifted into the air and move over a 2nd story platform, say the one in Oasis gardens, you take less damage.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So far whenever I get a competent Sigma on my team, I immediately fall in love. The way I play Orisa seems to couple very well for whatever reason. All dem shields I guess.

If there’s a decent Sigma and Baptiste on my team, that’s like 100% win rate right there.

On a side note, I enjoy role lock quite a bit. I guess I’m a Reaper/Soldier main right now? Reaper feels so good right now. Orisa is definitely my tank of choice personally, I still need to learn Sogma to play myself. And for support, I’m still mostly Lucio/Zen all of the time.

I’ve been out of the loop in playing much for a few months now, but I wanted to get in some role queue competitor, still need a game on dps but so far I have enjoyed my time. I placed fairly low on support and tank, went 1-4 and 2-3 and ended up mid silver. But the matches have been relatively pleasant compared to the ramping up of toxicity that was happening last year when I was playing more regularly. Happy to see this change, honestly.

Now to try to win one more dps match. I think I’ll get placed gold for sure if I win. Less sure on a loss. Who knew that dps would be my stronger role?

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Sigma, to me, seems to click best as making me want to do the things that a tank is responsible for; altering fights in your team's favor.

Like with Roadhog, Hammond, and D.Va I get very tempted to be a big does character, and with Orisa and Rein I get overly focused on shield placement.

Sigma feels like a good middle point for me between those two viewpoints such that I accomplish the overall job better.

• Options
    I... think I like Sigma. His barrier is super flexible in terms of use, When I've got an Orisa on my team I let them do the bulk of the standard front-line barrier stuff as theirs refreshes automatically on cooldown, while mine only recharges when not in use. Instead I use my barrier to cover gaps if Orisa's goes down before the cooldown is up, or to block flanking attacks/sneaky McCree ults, etc. Accretion can be tricky to land but you feel fantastic when you stun an ulting Reaper or Moira. Kinetic Grasp has been harder to get the hang of, my brain wanted to treat it like a Zarya bubble, but it really is directional so if you're taking fire from the back/sides you're still gonna die.

This discussion has been closed.