As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Anduin hasn’t seen play since Tyrande came to town.
    Wow...

Beasteh wrote: »
    I've used Medivh exclusively since I got the skin
    Looks like you shouldn't have been awarded that Golden Jaina portrait then!

• zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Can I stop misplaying these secret highlander mages?

Apparently no.

• SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    One very well fed crab.

ADc7NbI.png

Sated Crab
    9/10

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    i was really confused about what fucking rogue deck was playing murlocs until i looked in the sidebar and saw amalgam

and i guess now i'm confused about what fucking rogue deck is playing amalgam

edit: WAIT A MINUTE IS A THAT A FUCKING TIDECALLER TOO???

WHAT FUCKING ROGUE DECK IS PLAYING MURLOCS??????????

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    got it from dragon's roar [4:1]
    summoned it from an exotic mountseller [9.25:1]
    played it natively [75:1]
    sensational flung it at him with a fish flinger [117:1]

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
    i'll take "wackadoo decks at rank 3" for 500, please

DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    in arena I fishflung myself a fishflinger that gave me the discover a murloc murloc that gave me another discover a murloc murloc

later, my opponent played a fishflinger I'd flung at them

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    in arena I fishflung myself a fishflinger that gave me the discover a murloc murloc that gave me another discover a murloc murloc

later, my opponent played a fishflinger I'd flung at them

how many fish would a fishflinger fling if a fishflinger could fling fish

DNiDlnb.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    oh yeah I forgot I was live screenshotting it, and that it ended with an activated Finley
    vt5fd42lucd4.jpg
    gbjnylqjtb8v.jpg
    yik1af33o6me.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    so the other night when i opened high priest amet, i think i'd had a few beers, and i was thinking of ideas for cohesion in a highlander priest

logically i thought i might be able to get extra value by discovering highlander cards, so i kinda impulsively crafted madame lazul

i think i'm starting to regret that

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Going 1-3 in the brawl is just a dingleberry on top of the shit sundae that is my week.

• TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    Finally put together a deck for the brawl, and went 5-3 with a tempo rogue running Myra's and Zephrys.

Losses were to a mech paladin that ran 2 Rusty Recyclers, a zoo deck that had a good draw against my terrible one, and a quest Shaman that ran Walking Fountain (and also saw me draw nothing under 4 mana until turn 3)

Most satisfying win was definitely against a control warrior that dropped Boom on 8, who decided not to kill my 1-health Zephrys with his Supercollider. While I had up a 1 durability Waggle Pick.

Allowing me to backstab his little taunt, sap his big one, attack for 3, attack for 5 bouncing the Zephrys, play a Lifedrinker, and replay Zephrys giving me Fireball for exact lethal.

Almost felt bad.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    wrapped golem is carrying hard for me in arena, i have learned to snap pick it

7 mana 7/5 reborn that summons a scarab with taunt at the end of your turn is super strong and sticky

Beasteh wrote: »
    wrapped golem is carrying hard for me in arena, i have learned to snap pick it

7 mana 7/5 reborn that summons a scarab with taunt at the end of your turn is super strong and sticky

that and pit crocolisk honestly

got a run going right now with two of each

it's disgusting how good those cards are

DNiDlnb.png
    Pit Crocolisk's greatest weakness is that it doesn't kill Pit Crocolisk.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    What's better than one Zephrys in a non-highlander deck?

not shown: the one played earlier
    ki7eo3msk7gb.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Did anyone get aggro/tempo warrior up and running? I was interested in trying it, but it's probably not going to hold a candle to Pirate Warrior.

Seems like Kripp hit up that well too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr11aZ6pqOE
    Face Warrior deck code: AAECAQceFhydArAC0gKRA/8DrwThBI4FlgbvB9QIuuwCze8CnfACm/MCs/wC+v4CoIADiIcDhJ8Dn6ED/KMDg6cDhKcD9KcD9agD3KkDn7cDAAA=

KoopahTroopah on
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Man I am just having no luck in arena right now. To a large extent my decks are just fucking garbage.

Like, I just built a Druid deck and got zero board-wide buffs at all. I'm rocking Stormwind Champions and Frostwolf Commanders because that's the best I could come up with. Ugh!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Just need to accept that sometimes the game is going to offer you shit, not every draft can do well

You're providing wins for the 12-0 god drafts, all part of the arena ecosystem

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    The "expected" arena run is 3-3

Thawmus wrote: »
    Man I am just having no luck in arena right now. To a large extent my decks are just fucking garbage.

Like, I just built a Druid deck and got zero board-wide buffs at all. I'm rocking Stormwind Champions and Frostwolf Commanders because that's the best I could come up with. Ugh!

That's gonna happen a lot. I think one of the key rules to Arena drafting is never go in thinking you're going to be making X kind of deck. Always be open and versatile with your drafting, realize what the draft is offering you, and think of how to best leverage that into a deck.

Like for example if you pick Mage and go "I'm not getting any board clears! I can't possibly make anything good out of this!", maybe instead you should look at what you already have and try to compliment that with your picks. If you've been offered a lot of low cost weenies, say fuck it and build an aggro deck. Pick all the 1/2/3 drops even if they're kinda shit. If you've got more of a bell curve, try and fill out into a midrange tempo deck.

Granted, without seeing how the draft went, I can't actually offer advice beyond that. Sometimes yeah, you do just end up with a shit deck that's gonna go like, anywhere from 0-3 wins, if that. Even the top arena streamers have those kinds of decks sometimes!

But I also think sometimes you can salvage a draft into something that's like, decent, at bare minimum.

DNiDlnb.png
    Yikes, I'm 0-11 for my last 11 Arena matches!

Yeah that definitely signals to me that there's something a bit deeper beneath the surface going on there. It could definitely be draft related but I think the more likely answer is that it might also be play related.

Something I like to do is watch Arena streamers and play a guessing game when they start drafting a deck. See if you can guess which card they'll pick out of the three before they pick it. That alone can definitely help improve drafting. Also like, watching Arena streamers in general will lead to some better understanding of general lines of play you should be making.

For example I learned that I have a tendency to overtrade when instead I should just be hitting fucking face a lot of the time and putting pressure on them. If all I'm doing is trading, I'm not pressuring their life total and I'm giving them more options to stay in the game.

Or, yknow. If you really want to, just say fuck it and use one of the various arena drafting sites/apps floating around.

DNiDlnb.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Since I forgot to do this earlier, here's my Legendary haul off the 80-card pre-order:
    • Preorder Golden: Activate the Obelisk (ACTUALLY THE ONE I WANTED! WOO!)
    • Free: Hack the System (I think?)
    • Raid the Sky Temple
    • High Priest Amet
    • Supreme Archeology
    • Armagedillo
    • Colossus of the Moon

So, slightly above average expectation of 4, I guess?

Epics:
    • Crystal Merchant
    • Wild Bloodstinger
    • Micro Mummy
    • Golden Tip the Scales
    • Psychopomp
    • Whirlkick Master
    • Shadow of Death x2
    • Plague of Murlocs x2
    • Bloodsworn Mercenary
    • Dwarven Archeologist
    • Mischief Maker
    • Body Wrapper
    • Desert Obelisk

15 vs. expected 8, right? So that's pretty good. Unless the pity floor for epics is 10, in which case the expected is probably 5, which makes it slightly below average.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    EV for epics is one per 5 packs, so you were slightly under
    EV for legendaries for first 80 is ~4.5

Dibby wrote: »

Yeah that definitely signals to me that there's something a bit deeper beneath the surface going on there. It could definitely be draft related but I think the more likely answer is that it might also be play related.

Something I like to do is watch Arena streamers and play a guessing game when they start drafting a deck. See if you can guess which card they'll pick out of the three before they pick it. That alone can definitely help improve drafting. Also like, watching Arena streamers in general will lead to some better understanding of general lines of play you should be making.

For example I learned that I have a tendency to overtrade when instead I should just be hitting fucking face a lot of the time and putting pressure on them. If all I'm doing is trading, I'm not pressuring their life total and I'm giving them more options to stay in the game.

Or, yknow. If you really want to, just say fuck it and use one of the various arena drafting sites/apps floating around.

I'm also heavily considering just dropping the game since I haven't had any fun since the expac dropped. And investing time into getting gud so that I can enjoy the game again isn't enticing to me.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how much dust I can get to make a few more legends/epics. Would you dust these legendaries?

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia
    Hack the System (warrior quest)

I have those, plus a bunch of wild epics and gold cards. Most cards that are wild and I've kept, I've kept because I just like the look, but if I can fill out newer decks, meh. Right now, I am liking:

Murloc Pally (don't have Finley)
    Highlander Mage (don't have Siamat, Luna's Pocket Galaxy, King Phaoris)
    Midrange Hunter (no new cards from current set in this deck)
    Murloc Shaman (no new cards from current set in this deck)

What I have:

I've been thinking about crafting:
    -Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Tortollan Pilgrim/Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron (2nd copies of each)
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

From the new set, I have:
    -Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Thoughts? I'm just over here calculating how much potential dust I can have to use. Just thinking outloud.

edit: So, I have estimated around 6485+ dust I could get. I might just bite the bullet, but not sure what else I NEED to craft. Like, I want Luna's, but that rotates next year! I feel like Siamat needs that for Highlander, no?

So, I am sitting at about 7k or so dust, with more to be had. I wound up dusting most of my wild cards (commons, rares, etc).

Crafted Luna's, Siamat, and Phaoris. And then I went and dusted a shit ton of stuff from previous sets (wild) and I am at like 11k dust now. Haha.

I need like 2-3 legends (subject 9, brann, something else), 1-2 epics (rat trap and lucha trap guy) to play secret/highlander hunter. I need 2 legends for warrior (armadillo and "pick 5 cards").

Should I go craft crazy? I have a bomb warrior deck already made. That makes me want to configure a shaman deck, but I feel like shaman isn't great right now?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Also the pity floor for epics is 9.

Trying to figure out how much dust I can get to make a few more legends/epics. Would you dust these legendaries?

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia

I have those, plus a bunch of wild epics and gold cards. Most cards that are wild and I've kept, I've kept because I just like the look, but if I can fill out newer decks, meh. Right now, I am liking:

What I have:

-Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

-Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Thoughts? I'm just over here calculating how much potential dust I can have to use. Just thinking outloud.

edit: So, I have estimated around 6485+ dust I could get. I might just bite the bullet, but not sure what else I NEED to craft. Like, I want Luna's, but that rotates next year! I feel like Siamat needs that for Highlander, no?

So, I am sitting at about 7k or so dust, with more to be had. I wound up dusting most of my wild cards (commons, rares, etc).

Crafted Luna's, Siamat, and Phaoris. And then I went and dusted a shit ton of stuff from previous sets (wild) and I am at like 11k dust now. Haha.

I need like 2-3 legends (subject 9, brann, something else), 1-2 epics (rat trap and lucha trap guy) to play secret/highlander hunter. I need 2 legends for warrior (armadillo and "pick 5 cards").

Should I go craft crazy? I have a bomb warrior deck already made. That makes me want to configure a shaman deck, but I feel like shaman isn't great right now?
    Murloc Shaman is still pretty good, but it barely plays anything new.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Just had a Warrior mirror go to a draw. He got Elysianas off his Elysiana and then I stole one with Drakkari Trickster.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia

What I have:

-Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

-Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

So the quest shaman is super fun, but warrior is amazing. It's just so good.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Just had a Warrior mirror go to a draw. He got Elysianas off his Elysiana and then I stole one with Drakkari Trickster.

this is hell.

I'm also heavily considering just dropping the game since I haven't had any fun since the expac dropped. And investing time into getting gud so that I can enjoy the game again isn't enticing to me.

That's fair too, honestly. If you're not having fun it's totally cool to just dip.

I'm having fun personally, though, and I've been trying to make an effort to do more Arena in general. Especially since I was super fond of the whole rotating Arena "seasons" thing but never actually really put much time into it since the start of it!

But yeah, yknow, don't force yourself to play if you really just aren't feelin' it.

DNiDlnb.png

If you're actively trying for, like, Power of the Wild or the twinspell buff I think you might have your draft priorities mixed up. Those cards can be blowouts but are dead enough often enough that it's not worth bothering. (PotW is fine because it's also just a bloodfen raptor, and if you have it it should be used for the 3/2 like 90% of the time.) I don't know what the state of draft companion apps is right now but there's no shame in dipping into those if you need some help (or if you're capable of streaming, doing that and getting a few of us to help you with the draft process).

It's also a good thing to be able to recognize this and step away! This game sucks and it's good to take as much time as you can off before relapsing.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    ...I didn't know you could get a draw.

zepherin wrote: »
    ...I didn't know you could get a draw.

It's like 45 turns deep the game just auto-ends.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia

What I have:

-Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

-Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Warrior with the armadillo/taunts? Like, that armadillo card just looks cool. I don't even care what it does or if it is good. Ha.

I have murloc shaman and paladin (no legend pally mulroc) already made.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia

What I have:

-Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

-Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Warrior with the armadillo/taunts? Like, that armadillo card just looks cool. I don't even care what it does or if it is good. Ha.

I have murloc shaman and paladin (no legend pally mulroc) already made.
    I mean pretty much everytime I see an armadillo deck it's tough to beat. It's like a regular warrior deck only with Armadillo, Frightened flunky, and tomb warden. And I either get lucky and they can't curve well, or I get lucky and they don't have a clear in their hand when I flood the board...That's it.