As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Girls' Frontline [GFL]: Longitudinal Strain Story event is live

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    So far I've put off leveling M16A1, because I'm no where close to even getting the map that her unique equips drop from.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    So far I've put off leveling M16A1, because I'm no where close to even getting the map that her unique equips drop from.

you don't actually need her unique equip to drag 0-2

she'll take slightly more damage since iirc the highest enemies hit for is 14-15 dmg on that map which a +10 armor plate will reduce by 11 as opposed to her unique equip just flat out reducing all incoming damage in 0-2 to 1 but it's still going to massively reduce the damage she takes when she doesn't evade

• RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I was wanting to do her next since I ran out of free 3*s worth leveling in a group with people I actually care about, but I don't even have better than 3* exos and armor plates :|

Ranlin wrote: »
    I was wanting to do her next since I ran out of free 3*s worth leveling in a group with people I actually care about, but I don't even have better than 3* exos and armor plates :|

Thats just a matter of keeping your build orders running.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    M16A1 is still the best for corpse dragging 0-2 even with ordinary armor. Her unique gear just improves efficiency. It was months before that specific night battle was added to the client.

I can understand the allure of pulling the waifu crafting lever, but you might want to be careful with those shotgun productions. It's a big drain on your resources. Priority one is arguably completing the event story and farming copies of Sei/Stella to complete your collection before the event ends. If your teams aren't strong enough yet, then those cores go a long way towards giving them the extra link that they need to succeed. Then there is the upcoming release of AN-94 and AK-12, who are both top tier and it will be prudent to have a big pile of resources and a fat stack of crafting contracts during their short crafting rate up period.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
    M16A1 is still the best for corpse dragging 0-2 even with ordinary armor. Her unique gear just improves efficiency. It was months before that specific night battle was added to the client.

I can understand the allure of pulling the waifu crafting lever, but you might want to be careful with those shotgun productions. It's a big drain on your resources. Priority one is arguably completing the event story and farming copies of Sei/Stella to complete your collection before the event ends. If your teams aren't strong enough yet, then those cores go a long way towards giving them the extra link that they need to succeed. Then there is the upcoming release of AN-94 and AK-12, who are both top tier and it will be prudent to have a big pile of resources and a fat stack of crafting contracts during their short crafting rate up period.

Yeah, I've been doing just 1 a week usually. Tilted a little bit this morning, cause I really wanted SPAS-12, I've got one of her costumes. The cores I'm not super worried about because I have most of my main team at x5.

Just so long as you keep tabs on it. I forget who all needs to still clear out "the last rain in the world" to complete the story and unlock Jill. If one were worried about their prospects of clearing the event, then splurging on heavy productions would be one of the last things that you'd want to do right now.

3DS Friend Code:
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Whoever decided to put unique cross-over dolls behind the atrocious random map drop-rates should get a very stern talking to. Way to suck all the fun out of the event and make it an anxiety-inducing mess about farming for completionist's sake instead. Closing in on a hundred attemps at Sei, and still no bloody sign of her. But I did get UMP-45. Again.

MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Whoever decided to put unique cross-over dolls behind the atrocious random map drop-rates should get a very stern talking to. Way to suck all the fun out of the event and make it an anxiety-inducing mess about farming for completionist's sake instead. Closing in on a hundred attemps at Sei, and still no bloody sign of her. But I did get UMP-45. Again.

Prepare yourself. It took me ~230 attempts.

edited August 2019
    Double post, sorry.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    edited August 2019

I agree and reccomend sending negative feedback about that. I haven't sent my feedback yet. I want to compose something more eloquent than what would get me banned here if I were to type it in an open forum :P

I'm also upset about the cosmetics being tied to the furniture gacha. Especially since they'll never be in the black card exchange, and I can't use my existing black cards to pick up any pieces.

Reading around, it sounds like most people get the characters after ~200 dice rolls. Which is 200 runs for Sei and 100 for Stella.

At least the characters themselves aren't behind a premium currency gacha. *shudder*

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:

I agree and reccomend sending negative feedback about that. I haven't sent my feedback yet. I want to compose something more eloquent than what would get me banned here if I were to type it in an open forum :P

I'm also upset about the cosmetics being tied to the furniture gacha. Especially since they'll never be in the black card exchange, and I can't use my existing black cards to pick up any pieces.

Reading around, it sounds like most people get the characters after ~200 dice rolls. Which is 200 runs for Sei and 100 for Stella.

At least the characters themselves aren't behind a premium currency gacha. *shudder*

Yeah, that sounds like a bit of a disaster to be honest. What is the best avenue for giving them feedback? I've not really interacted much with the game and its meta beyond the game itself, this thread and GFL corner.

edited August 2019
    I'm not sure what's best. There's a customer service link in the game under one of the options menus near where you'd clear the cache or download the voice packs. IIRC one of the options there is suggestions/feedback, and I'm presently intending to send my feedback through that channel if I don't hear about a better one first.

Edit:
    Speaking of that cache clearing button, don't press it if you're using a guest account. I hope that everyone has linked their account to a sunborn ID so that it can be recovered if your phone's local files ever get wiped. Should I put something about that in the OP? It seems like common sense but I really don't want to hear more stories about people losing all of their progress due to a slip up.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    I had no idea about any of that, but I've registered an account now. Since I was poking around in those menus, I looked at the contact support feature in-game, and it looks to be more about bugs and similar issues. However, they do have a support e-mail, which came along with registering an account, which might be more appropriate for feedback.
    support@sunborngame.com

edited August 2019
    I'll type something up for the OP later then. It's GUEST accounts that are at risk. Logging in with Facebook or a Google account should be as safe as logging in via a sunborn ID IIRC. It's because your account info is all self contained in your install with a guest account, and there's no good way to tie that account to you. So if you phone is lost, stolen, damaged, or replaced with an upgraded model, then your game account goes with the old phone and you don't have a claim to it anymore. Sometimes tech support can help you out if your guest account is lost, particularly if you had made a purchase so that your financial information can be used to identify the old account and grant you an argument to claim ownership of it.

I think that a lot of players got burned last winter when we got a big client update that enabled multi-turn planning among other things. The update involved doing a fresh download and install from the play store, and I think that torpedoed a lot of guest accounts. Or at least there was a fear of account trouble. They may have had a system of some sort in place to try to preserve guest accounts through the major upgrade, but I think some phones might have handled some of the data differently and wiped it or something.

Long story short is that guest accounts are fragile things.

This is something that plays out again and again with every phone game that lets you play as a guest without registering. Guest accounts keep persisting since so many players like re-rolling when they start, but the idea is that you register the guest account once you are content with it.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • HadesHades Registered User regular
    After 205 runs I finally got Sei. Now on to Stella...

Man it's really obnoxious that maintenance is always right when a Data Day begins. I constantly time it so I have 6 energy right before it rolls over then Whoooooops >:(

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Man it's really obnoxious that maintenance is always right when a Data Day begins. I constantly time it so I have 6 energy right before it rolls over then Whoooooops >:(

On the plus side, every day is data day for the next week?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    unknown.png

unknown.png?

now to see how many runs until a dupe

I haven't even tried to level up any of the collab characters yet. How many cores do they take?

Also, woooo! Got WA2000, my first top end rifle!

No Stella yet.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    I haven't even tried to level up any of the collab characters yet. How many cores do they take?

No Stella yet.

Do you see the little easter egg in "The Last Rain in the World?" You gotta see the forest through the trees.

weerpim91b4w.png
    tqtru4qva5i4.png

3DS Friend Code:

No Stella yet.

Boooo. :(

Speaking of Easter Eggs on that map
    Can anyone give me a hint about that enemy that says you need to defeat the "drunken" units on two different maps. I've gone back to those maps several times, and tried to kill as many enemies as I could, and none of them looked particularly drunk. Also, is it something that is particularly worth it to figure out?

No Stella yet.

Can anyone give me a hint about that enemy that says you need to defeat the "drunken" units on two different maps. I've gone back to those maps several times, and tried to kill as many enemies as I could, and none of them looked particularly drunk. Also, is it something that is particularly worth it to figure out?
    I believe you need Jill in the group fighting them. I think it opens a new map if you do.

edited August 2019

No Stella yet.

I believe you need Jill in the group fighting them. I think it opens a new map if you do.
    It's worth doing, and the one on uhh...e1-3?, the end turn end turn, win, supply line mission, only spawns from the heliport just west of your command post...after turn 7. The other one is on one of the random/ambush tiles, there are 3 of them all in a line near the enemy HQ. If you didn't kill the one on that last map it has a little white hint marker on the spot it's at.

edit: also yes I'm preeeetty sure you need Jill in the kill party for them, though I didn't personally test that.

Ranlin on
    117 attempts for Sei.

Stellaaaaaaaaa!!!

40 attempts, and I tried to clear the majority of them, so it was probably about 100-110ish rolls, so roughly average, assuming its a 1% drop rate. Not sure quite what to work for collab-wise (other than keep farming shards). I guess I can see if I can get anywhere on the EX levels, my team has been getting better slowly, but steady through running The Last Rain a lot.

Also got Grizzly in production (after I got WA2000, I figure I'm ok with rifles for awhile, since I have M14, G28, SVD, and WA2000), so I've been producing HGs for the last few days. Today has been a good day from the RNG for me. :)

Also, thanks for the hints on the last level. I guess I can work on that too.

What is the farm route for Stella? Just a regular clear?

If you're doing the fast route/low mats, you kill the two mobs with the little mechs, one near the lower right and one near the upper right heliports and then extract. The third drop is the boss herself.

edited August 2019

Deploy a dummy echelon to the northwest. Deploy budget combat echelons in the northeast and southeast. Plan a route where the first six actions are the combat echelons advancing three tiles west to engage the waiting enemies that can drop Stella. The subsequent six actions are withdrawing the combat echelons to the airfields again. Retreat the combat echelons from the airfields to conserve resources, then restart the mission.

If you have strong enough ARs, a single AR backed up by two handguns can clean sweep the fighting for budget operating costs. I'm using Groza and G11 for the farming.

You can restart immediately after the battles to save more time at the expense of higher operating costs.

Edit:
    And by "dummy echelon" I mean an echelon with a single handgun in it. Preferably a single unlinked handgun such as a a random level one 2* doll that you rescued. You can pinch more pennies by disabling auto-resupply, but the tax of 1 handgun's ration/ammo supply is what I pay to save on a few more clicks per run.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • CrimsonJazzCrimsonJazz Registered User regular
    Ok I finally level up and tuned up my squad, once I get out of work, I will try to finish this event once and for all!

BTW: Do anyone knows if story event can happen again? (like Deep Dive or Cube+) I know they give dolls, but I also want to play them for the lore. I´m only aware that Artic Warfare is permanent.

Deploy a dummy echelon to the northwest. Deploy budget combat echelons in the northeast and southeast. Plan a route where the first six actions are the combat echelons advancing three tiles west to engage the waiting enemies that can drop Stella. The subsequent six actions are withdrawing the combat echelons to the airfields again. Retreat the combat echelons from the airfields to conserve resources, then restart the mission.

If you have strong enough ARs, a single AR backed up by two handguns can clean sweep the fighting for budget operating costs. I'm using Groza and G11 for the farming.

You can restart immediately after the battles to save more time at the expense of higher operating costs.

Edit:
    And by "dummy echelon" I mean an echelon with a single handgun in it. Preferably a single unlinked handgun such as a a random level one 2* doll that you rescued. You can pinch more pennies by disabling auto-resupply, but the tax of 1 handgun's ration/ammo supply is what I pay to save on a few more clicks per run.

If you're doing the fast route/low mats, you kill the two mobs with the little mechs, one near the lower right and one near the upper right heliports and then extract. The third drop is the boss herself.

Cheers. Time to get the final doll of the event.

@CrimsonJazz
    The story components of the other story events will eventually be added alongside Arctic warfare as permanently playable content.

They may re-run the competitive ranking maps from those events again.

3DS Friend Code:
    wnoge1d62zze.png

mlrx6d9tl711.png

: )

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I have been hella busy these past two weeks and am probably just going to miss the drop exclusive dolls altogether. I'm struggling just to get auto-farms in.

What is this I don't even.
    It doesn't sound like either of them are super important for anything. I think Jill and maybe Dorothy are way better in general.

Also, how ridiculous would

Some AR/Shrimp
    Jill/Dorothy
    Ar/Blank

be? Dorothy would be providing Shrimp a massive Acc buff, plus Jill getting everyone buzzed...

dorothy and jill providing shrimp huge accuracy buffs would probably be sufficient to roll with like g11/g36 /416 for pure damage buff and for Shrimp to run an EOT instead of a Red Dot

and eventually an AR who can buff 8 from 1 but we don't get our first one until Singularity happens in AK-12 i think

416/shrimp
    jill/Dorothy
    FAL/blank?

It doesn't sound like either of them are super important for anything. I think Jill and maybe Dorothy are way better in general.

Also, how ridiculous would

Some AR/Shrimp
    Jill/Dorothy
    Ar/Blank

be? Dorothy would be providing Shrimp a massive Acc buff, plus Jill getting everyone buzzed...
    Sei has some value since she's one of the few ways to provide shields to your dolls, which provides some niche value since it significantly mitigates damage from AOE attacks. I'm going to try to farm a duplicate once I get Stella.

Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I have been hella busy these past two weeks and am probably just going to miss the drop exclusive dolls altogether. I'm struggling just to get auto-farms in.

Try to get a few runs in every day. Maybe Orphane will send some good luck vibes your way. It's like we've got a leprechaun in the thread.

3DS Friend Code: