As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Shadowkeep Launching October 1!

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Weapons of light (in the back) returning is really something. Titans becoming the new Warlocks, which used to be the new Titans.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Weapons of light (in the back) returning is really something. Titans becoming the new Warlocks, which used to be the new Titans.

For some reason I feel like that means a potential nerf for Well

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    They should have created Universal Ornaments for the Trials and Faction Rally armor like they did with Eververse. I think it would have been a fair compromise.

Or have Shaxx sell the old Trials armor and the faction people their old armor. They're still around, after all.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

Same, my first thought when I saw that on screen is that well is getting tuned down hard.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Man I don't get some of their decision making.

Having mods now won't unlock the new ones in shadowkeep. You won't get mods from dismantled armor that have those mods already. You'll have to earn/unlock all mods from scratch.

They just fucking did this same thing last year. There isn't any reason they had to do it again this time, but they did anyway.

So, literally, nothing you've earned this past year as far as armor and mods go will carry over at all. Why are they making the exact same fucking mistake again? They have to know, so it has to be intentional. And that is shitty.

Also dodging the question, therefore effectively answering it; can't pull armor from collections to make them even the weak 2.0. so you have to reacquire everything, again. And yet another year where they made collections entirely pointless. Who fucking cares if there's a big list of things you've gotten if you can't do anything with it? I already had a list, I don't need a whole section in the UI showing me what I have and then telling me I can't get it again. So now, as we go into year three, the only purpose of the collections of armor/weapons is to get y1 things that neither have random rolls or 2.0 perks.

Stupid stupid stupid.

I am completely blown away how they are doing the same start from scratch, undermining what they, and players, have already done; yet again. It is so blatant it is almost insulting. Oh, gee, thanks, I can keep my mods and use them on gear that will be drastically weaker (considerably more so than even y1-y2) and serve no function likely within minutes of playing shadowkeep (particularly since I have majestic), but have zero head start on collecting the exact same fucking things for the third year in a row.

Oh yeah! And everyone totally should aim for those expert perks in the extra iron banner! Because that will totally be a great use of time once that armor is useless and those perks won't carry over or let you unlock anything!

Jesus Christ Bungie.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Same, my first thought when I saw that on screen is that well is getting tuned down hard.

The best way to balance this was always, imo, to reduce the power of the buff and then spread it around so more subclasses can bring it.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    It's pretty frustrating when they retire stuff, but atleast they only did it once I'm D1. This is the second reset button they've hit on D2.

shryke wrote: »
    But what about gear you can't get again, like my Trials stuff? A bit bummed if it's left behind

Definitely left behind.
    dmg wrote:
    Y1 Crucible and Vanguard will be available at Shadowkeep launch to earn from their respective vendors. The ornaments you earned in Y1 will also be available to apply!

As for Faction Rallies and Trials of the Nine- those activities are not available. As such, neither will the armor as 2.0.

Right, so collection still useless.

Sigh.

"Alright so we've completely rebuilt our armor system to get rid of the random roll stuff and let folks assign the perks they want!"

"Great, so anybody can pull their favorite armor right out of Collections!"

"......"

It seems like armour still has random rolls. It's just it's the stats that are random now. The perks you select via the new mod system.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    But what about gear you can't get again, like my Trials stuff? A bit bummed if it's left behind

Definitely left behind.
    dmg wrote:
    Y1 Crucible and Vanguard will be available at Shadowkeep launch to earn from their respective vendors. The ornaments you earned in Y1 will also be available to apply!

As for Faction Rallies and Trials of the Nine- those activities are not available. As such, neither will the armor as 2.0.

Sigh.

"Alright so we've completely rebuilt our armor system to get rid of the random roll stuff and let folks assign the perks they want!"

"......"

It seems like armour still has random rolls. It's just it's the stats that are random now. The perks you select via the new mod system.

I'm actually way more okay with that than perks. Mainly because that "Is this shit?" calculation doesn't have to think about synergies and inventory and what not. Just "This armor is 89% of max!" or whatever your current high water mark is. I guess you do have to keep track of various stats and your inventory of great super regen armors or whatever.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I'm so fucking irritated right now. I know I'm just repeating myself but it is profoundly stupid that the armor/weapons collections are completely useless.

Great, I can reearn every single fucking thing I already fucking earned and use it in y3. Would I like to use EP gear? Sure? Am I going to collect it again over another 5 weeks, after I already had, to do so? No. And it is shitty to make players do that. In fact, once you already have it in your collection, there is not set drop order, so, 5 more weeks if you are absurdly luck and don't end up getting the same slot every week.

It's such a shitty and wholly unnecessary thing to do. They even pointed out in the stream that you could buy the vendor version of old armor and have lower stats, so clearly that have a system to create said lower stat variants from a method that is no different than grabbing from collections. So again they made this decision deliberately, and knew how shitty it was.

Making players reacquire all their shit every year isn't content, and it sure as shit isn't going to garner any good will at a time when they need it, and only yesterday annoyed players by saying that cosmetic stuff will not be coming from gameplay much if at all going forward.

They we're fortunate with Forsaken to have some shitty changes to gear necessitating a lot of starting over, paired with some really good content. Shadowkeep better be Forsaken levels of good if they have much hope of not pushing away vets due to undermining again their time invested.

And I'm really not sure they can achieve that. I think they're holding back on content info to not have it be so much already know before launch like Forsaken, but it also seems like this will be a considerably smaller expansion, and if they're banking on players reacquiring gear they likely already reacquired at y2, to keep people logging in...I sincerely hope players don't let that slide. Not by attacking anyone or anything but by just, I guess, voting with their wallets. Not buying extra shit, not actually grinding the same shit yet again to mask lack of new content, not buying on multiple platforms...yeah.

This shit shouldn't be rewarded. I'm seriously debating refunding my preorder. I hadn't played since the beginning of of the year until two weeks ago, I think I could go back to not playing again if Bungie is this intent on completely disrespecting my time.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

... I was expecting a Well nerf ever since Luke Smith called it “Like holding all 6 Infinity Stones” in his wall of text earlier this week.

Sirialis on
    edited August 2019

Definitely left behind.
    dmg wrote:

Sigh.

"......"

I'm actually way more okay with that than perks. Mainly because that "Is this shit?" calculation doesn't have to think about synergies and inventory and what not. Just "This armor is 89% of max!" or whatever your current high water mark is. I guess you do have to keep track of various stats and your inventory of great super regen armors or whatever.

Random perks was super annoying and inventory clogging. We'll see how it works out with stats. Maybe they will matter less overall and so it won't be as big a deal. Overall it definitely looks way better.

shryke on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    WOOO VAULT PURGE TIME!!!

Definitely wasn’t a dozen slots away from the cap again or anything.....

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm like 95% sure they said your mods carry over to the new system.

Its funny that they bent over backwards to make sure all Eververse armor got a 2.0 version, and none of that armor holds any meaning to me. Meanwhile, the armor sets I actually earned and put effort into getting is being left behind for ??? Reasons.

I'm not that salty, just disappointed

Crippl3 wrote: »

They said your mods still work on old armour. I think they said mod components will still be used to buy shit from Banshee, like mod unlocks too.

Basically they are just phasing out the old armour and armour mod system. It's still there and still usable, but it won't drop anymore. So if you don't need it, just dismantle it for parts.

And I think weapon mods will still be a thing? I don't think they got mentioned at all.

Crippl3 wrote: »

They're just totally outdated.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    In non-Armor-2.0 news, I got my first Army Of One medal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XZCDuuRuds

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    A write-up of what was revealed was posted over here for those interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1PSkU7L63I

And here's the video of the stream itself.

EDIT:

Owenashi on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    wow, I guess I picked a inopportune moment to think "I wonder what's going on in Destiny 2," lol

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited August 2019
    Honestly the vast majority of the changes are good, the just continue to fumble at the last second by not fully delivering on what they promised. That's why when they said Transmog is coming, I knew it had a big fat asterisk next to it.

I mean does anyone get enjoyment out of having to recollect armor they already own? They knew it would drive people up a wall if they did that with exotics too, so they gave us those

Local H Jay on
    edited August 2019
    yeah, inventory management and deprecation were like the leading reasons for me not playing this game. collections not working the way I hoped they would really, really, really, let me down.

have they collapsed on the "not selling inventory" space front yet?

tastydonuts on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    So there is basically no reason to NOT slot my raid mods now, right? I was saving them for a rainy day / Shadowkeep, but seems like they will just dismantle like a anything else.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    yeah, inventory management and deprecation were like the leading reasons for me not playing this game. collections not working the way I hoped they would really, really, really, let me down.

have they collapsed on the "not selling inventory" space front yet?

Nope, still fixed alotments of space regardless of how fat your wallet.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    Eververse armour as ornaments makes sense because they cost real money so getting another drop hoping for a better role is a system that just completely fails for them. But that doesn't apply to other armour, hence there's no need for them to be ornaments. Instead we farm them trying to get better rolls.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Really should just give us proper transmog unless the plan is to add all armors as ornaments. You know, if you had the complete set in your COLLECTION you get the ornaments for it.

Nosf on
    Eververse armour as ornaments makes sense because they cost real money so getting another drop hoping for a better role is a system that just completely fails for them. But that doesn't apply to other armour, hence there's no need for them to be ornaments. Instead we farm them trying to get better rolls.

Transmog being applicable to paid armors is a step forward. did hey at least do that? sitting on a paid armor because it didn't have things you found useful, or needing dupes was annoying.

Transmog being applicable to paid armors is a step forward. did hey at least do that? sitting on a paid armor because it didn't have things you found useful, or needing dupes was annoying.

All eververse armour come Shadowkeep will be ornaments you can apply to any armour piece. (except exotics obviously)

All eververse armour come Shadowkeep will be ornaments you can apply to any armour piece. (except exotics obviously)

Did ornaments take up space in storage? I forget...

No.

No.

So when they convert the armors to ornaments are you getting silver dust for dupes?

I believe you won't be gettin' but two things, jack and shit!

You need to dust them now.

Definitely before Oct 1st, which is the (new) deadline they gave. Until then former eververse stuff turns into dust. Afterwards they'll just be shards/glimmer so get scavenging while the getting is good.

I'm conflicted if I should destroy my set of Cosmos shells. I almost have one for every location!

I haven't logged into Destiny in ages... it'd take forever to shard all that stuff...

even old shaders are going to turn un-dustable?

I haven't logged into Destiny in ages... it'd take forever to shard all that stuff...

even old shaders are going to turn un-dustable?

Shard literally everything that gives bright dust. They've been super clear that everyone should do this.

Fire up dim, type source:eververse and nuke everything that highlights unless you actually use it day to day.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Definitely before Oct 1st, which is the (new) deadline they gave. Until then former eververse stuff turns into dust. Afterwards they'll just be shards/glimmer so get scavenging while the getting is good.

I'm conflicted if I should destroy my set of Cosmos shells. I almost have one for every location!

I’m hoping we get Ghosts 2.0 at some point.

Pick your favourite shell, then slot in the planet mods you want.

Or, ideally, change the region specific ones, like ‘Mars Resources’ to a general resource finder.

I love my rabbit ear ghost, and the beach ball one, and hate swapping them when, saying, doing crucible or gambit for those ghosts.

I’m assuming Weapons 2.0 is next, though.

Really looking forward to Shadowkeep now, and more story and lore to unlock.

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I haven't played this since around Osiris came out but I'm feeling an itch and a buddy is itch-adjacent enough that I'm on the fence of getting back in. Question.

Battlenet is trying to tell me I should pick up Forsaken, which they totes want me to know is an amazing deal at $40 marked down from $100. Uh-huh. But then it says "Playable on Battle.net only until September, then you have to migrate to a new platform". My platform of choice would be steam, and doing a quick search on that brings up the store page for Shadowkeep, which is $35 and seems to imply that it's the full game as well, when it comes out.

Right now I'm drawing the conclusion that unless I REALLY REALLY want to play from right now until late Septermber-October, I'm probably better off just waiting until Shadowkeep comes out, and I'd just be wasting money buying Forsaken if I'm only going to get in like 10 or so hours of playtime in the next month and a half. Anyone feel like clarifying?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    For what it's worth, I've only been playing on PC since it was free on bnet, and just my shaders gave me thousands of bright dust...and I still have a bunch left to nuke. Be sure to use Rahool to zap them 5 at a time, then your inventory to kill the sub 4 per stack stragglers.

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I haven't played this since around Osiris came out but I'm feeling an itch and a buddy is itch-adjacent enough that I'm on the fence of getting back in. Question.

Battlenet is trying to tell me I should pick up Forsaken, which they totes want me to know is an amazing deal at $40 marked down from $100. Uh-huh. But then it says "Playable on Battle.net only until September, then you have to migrate to a new platform". My platform of choice would be steam, and doing a quick search on that brings up the store page for Shadowkeep, which is $35 and seems to imply that it's the full game as well, when it comes out.

Right now I'm drawing the conclusion that unless I REALLY REALLY want to play from right now until late Septermber-October, I'm probably better off just waiting until Shadowkeep comes out, and I'd just be wasting money buying Forsaken if I'm only going to get in like 10 or so hours of playtime in the next month and a half. Anyone feel like clarifying?

Forsaken is a fun campaign where you earn new powers for every class. If you want to play the game now, buy Forsaken and enjoy it. Or wait for Shadowkeep if you want the newest stuff instead.