As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I don't remember any music at all. I only heard gun noises.

install earworm.exe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnJ9NmK3Pc

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    That's cheating. It was a quest.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    The pre-sequel gave me kind of an alternate use for the shift key chest since you could grind up purples together to try and potentially make legendaries. So if I had a couple of purples I found, I could use up a shift key and ideally grind up something nice.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Apparently the PC version of BL3 will not be pre-loaded. Have not heard anything about the digital purchase on the consoles.

sig.gif
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Apparently the PC version of BL3 will not be pre-loaded. Have not heard anything about the digital purchase on the consoles.

Epic hasnt ever supported this to the best of my knowledge but Randy said theyd have to for 3 given its gonna have a surge of people rush the store front. I take this as meaning Epic promised it but couldn't make it happen

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I think the main reason keys get stockpiled is you tend to only use them when you really need them and after you open up three shitty shields in a row you give up until the next time you really need a new gun.

Yeah it's worse than the Megalixer problem in RPGs. Every time you think about using it that little voice in your head tells you to level a bit more so it's not a waste. And then you ultimately forget about them.

I used 80 to to try and get a ward class mod for Maya so I could go kill haderax super easy.

Nothing

The keys are supposed to work differently in BL3, right? I seem to remember Randy Pitchford saying something about no lootboxes in BL3. So now they'll only contain skins and stuff, right?

edited August 2019
    The chest isnt really a lootbox but theyve implied it'll drop legendaries now . I have to assume thats gated to post game or just so rare as to be pointless though

They have said you can buy Skins and decorative stuff for guns as microtransactions but they wont be random

King Riptor on
    The chest isnt really a lootbox but theyve implied it'll drop legendaries now . I have to ssume thats gated to post game or just so rare as to be pointless though

They have said you can buy Skins and decorative stuff for guns as microtransactions but they wont be random

Ah so they are kinda lootboxes in that a random item spits out (gun or otherwise) but the keys themselves you don't actually buy or pay for?

I like the idea of being able to buy skins instead of relying on RNG.

Basically yeah.
    Eridium also is now solely for skins and the like now. Marcus sells ammo/Bag capacity upgrades again which is nice.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

Epic hasnt ever supported this to the best of my knowledge but Randy said theyd have to for 3 given its gonna have a surge of people rush the store front. I take this as meaning Epic promised it but couldn't make it happen

See to me this is a legit issue, not being able to preload is going to cause a huge clusterfuck on release.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    It's embarrassing for sure. Even Nintendo offers pre loading now.

I hope on consoles you can, I imagine you will be able to since consoles support it and both microsoft and sony would rather avoid that kind of bullshit on release.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I hope on consoles you can, I imagine you will be able to since consoles support it and both microsoft and sony would rather avoid that kind of bullshit on release.

They will. It's specifically an Epic thing so it would have nothing to do with the console releases.

They will. It's specifically an Epic thing so it would have nothing to do with the console releases.

That is still mega shit though. Like not being able to preload is just insane.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

That is still mega shit though. Like not being able to preload is just insane.

Oh I totally agree! It's one of the features people talk about being missing when discussing how the EGS is lacking. But I'd be going console anyway so bullet dodged!

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'll pour one out for my PC homies at 11PM on 9/12 as my XboneX loads up BL3.

Epic really is trying to out EA, EA aren't they?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Pretty sure Origin has always had preloading, I have no idea about uplay because f that bs.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

Season 3 is up. The Ogre is available.

Also if for some reason you want level 10 purples for 3 they're up too.
    Unfortunately there's TPS crap on the free roll and I got a flanker so boo

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure Origin has always had preloading, I have no idea about uplay because f that bs.

Was going for more generic horrible, rather than Origin doing the same thing. Though I know on some of the EA Sports stuff they've had strange loading windows for PC before.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPBCK50enU4

New trailer is up and it seems to have a couple of story moments near the end that don't bode well for those involved. Screenshots of them in the box.
    Zcv2h6g.png

The first is what looks to be Aurelia having some issue with her Cryo trinket as she slams what she's holding down onto the ground, causing some sort of ice-explosion.

w60ejlg.png

The more dire one however shows a Maliwan-ed Zero going after Rhys. Hard to tell if it's due to brainwashing or not but Zero could end up being the sacrificial lamb for the BL2 Hunters much like Roland was for the first team.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    I don't know why, but Claptrap's eternal battle with stairs never ceases to crack me up.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Epic apparently "has" pre-loading, but don't think it can handle a huge hit like Borderlands 3. Which is still pretty lame.

Why does bl3skills.com have everyone but Fl4K? It's a conspiracy.

Xeddicus on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Saw I had enough points for a head so I got Zane’s .

Xeddicus wrote: »
    Epic apparently "has" pre-loading apparently, but don't think it can handle a huge hit like Borderlands 3. Which is still pretty lame.

Because for the guy that made it's a hobby and a way to show his coding skills.

Source code is here: https://github.com/seigler/bl3skills.com

XBL - ArchSilversmith

Xeddicus wrote: »
    Epic apparently "has" pre-loading, but don't think it can handle a huge hit like Borderlands 3. Which is still pretty lame.

FL4K has his skills on the regular BL3 website with a character builder and everything!

Yeah, but the official one is a bit clunky. I want all 3 trees displayed at once etc etc.

Ohhh.

I gotcha.

It's weird they haven't pulled it over to that other site yet.

Spoilery! A look at a class mod for FL4K.

https://i.redd.it/36z497cm8hg31.jpg

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I'm gonna need to see that UI in action. Not sure I like it.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
    Lot of games have been using console-ised UI's and will probably continue to, so yeah, good chance it's not going to the best it can be. Hopefully the biggest issue.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Do we know if we can name Fl4k's pets?

These are the important questions we need to be asking.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

The skag at least is named Mr.Chew

I'd almost want to go Fl4k for that because my corgi was named Chewie and we called him mr chew. But I'm an amara main I got the multi armed tattoo and everything.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'm still going to be maining Zane, but F14K and his menagerie are definitely neck and neck with Amara in my reroll sweepstakes.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Gold help them if Salvador and Krieg aren't NPCs in this one at least.

If I can't gunzerk or throw melee weapons, atleast let me know if my boys are alright.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

I'd almost want to go Fl4k for that because my corgi was named Chewie and we called him mr chew. But I'm an amara main I got the multi armed tattoo and everything.

Not a true corgi owner then, how dare you.

Karoz on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Gold help them if Salvador and Krieg aren't NPCs in this one at least.

If I can't gunzerk or throw melee weapons, atleast let me know if my boys are alright.

I don't know why, but I just had the mental image of Krieg being the Borderlands version of the Mysterious Stranger from Fallout.

You get downed, it doesn't look like you're going to get a second wind in time... and a axe just comes flying out of nowhere and pops a enemy for you.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
This discussion has been closed.