As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BattleTech] The Clan Wait-vasion

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Iolo wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    HydroSqueegee if there's actually a spare one, though, and you don't have anyone in mind, what was the name of the Oosik we lost last year? Nips you remember his handle?

Handgimp.

That is a very nice idea. <3

Ooh yeah I really really like that idea

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Man the fomo is getting strong

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @HydroSqueegee if there's actually a spare one, though, and you don't have anyone in mind, what was the name of the Oosik we lost last year? @Nips you remember his handle?
    Handgimp.

That is a very nice idea. <3

I literally can't endorse this enough.

Info from HG's celebration of life

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    So with all the stuff I'm getting in this, I'm really tempted to drop the $40 IS retaliation and just buy the two box sets for $60, since the boxes themselves will come in handy for storage space.

• Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    Matthew "Handgimp" Walker will receive a name in the hall of warriors. Canonized forever as an Oosik of the highest grade and honor. Immortalized in person and in soul. Gone, but not forgotten.

@Handgimp we salute you, brother.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    This is why the PA community is so awesome. Also why I will never leave this place, just too much class from top to bottom.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    This is why the PA community is so awesome. Also why I will never leave this place, just too much class from top to bottom.

So much class at the bottom even my butt has a monocle.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    That is fucking awesome. HydroSqueegee, will you be sure to let the other BT thread know too?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Aaaaand we're back in the gutter. 🤪

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    That is fucking awesome. HydroSqueegee, will you be sure to let the other BT thread know too?

I'm sure they'll trickle down into this thread at some point.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Y’all making it real dusty in here.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

Aaaaand we're back in the gutter. 🤪

60% of "class" is just "ass".
    That's math.

• Options
    There's going to be another "Social Media Mission" where if they can get at least 1000 clicks through to the Norse Foundry KS, then Norse Foundry (who is doing the challenge coins and has done a bunch of other stuff in the past) will increase the size of the coins by 20%, from 1.25" to 1.50"

• Options
    Tox wrote: »
    There's going to be another "Social Media Mission" where if they can get at least 1000 clicks through to the Norse Foundry KS, then Norse Foundry (who is doing the challenge coins and has done a bunch of other stuff in the past) will increase the size of the coins by 20%, from 1.25" to 1.50"

Yay?

This seems like a fairly pointless goal

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Yay?

Pfft, what're you, a light pilot? Bigger is always better.

• Options

Yay?

It's not the size of the mech, it's how you use it

kx3klFE.png
  • Options

Yay?

You literally have the phrase "More Dakka" in your signature

• Options

Yay?

Sure, but smaller bullets mean you can fit more of them into your cockpit.

• Options

Yay?

A locust shooting off lasers all day is better than an atlas blowing his ac20 load in 6 seconds

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Hey! A Locust can carry Dakka!

Or Urbanmech. Yes, the Urbanmech.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Hmm, Bloodnamed with:
    Clan Heavy Star (Stone Rhino is non-negotiable, but the rest are also really damn good)
    Clan Heavy Battle Star (Ebon Jaguar, see above)
    Comstar Command Level II (KGC and HGN? Easy choice)
    IS Command Lance (Gotta have a Marauder)

addon: IS Battle Lance (WHMs have been good to me in MWO)

• Options
    I'm weird and would swap the add-on from IS to one of your Clan Stars. That way you get one more mech for $5. Yeah it is random, but a mech for $5 is not bad.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    We seem to have crossed the 1.8 million barrier. Only 200k to go!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Hmm, Bloodnamed with:
    Clan Heavy Star (Stone Rhino is non-negotiable, but the rest are also really damn good)

FWIW, the Heavy Star has a Marauder IIC, which, like, you can use for a standard Marauder if you want.

• Options
    Hmm, Bloodnamed with:

FWIW, the Heavy Star has a Marauder IIC, which, like, you can use for a standard Marauder if you want.

It's got them sweet fins on the back too. So it gets +1 to movement.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Hmm, Bloodnamed with:

It's got them sweet fins on the back too. So it gets +1 to movement.

Kick that up to a +2 with a snazzy red paint job.

• Options
    I thought the Marauder II had the fins, not the IIC

Either way, I’m a fan of the old school MAD so it doesn’t bother me to add on for it

• Options

Either way, I’m a fan of the old school MAD so it doesn’t bother me to add on for it

Yeah the II has the fins while the IIc looks similar to the Marauder. At least in MWO that is.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Youre right. I saw the II and got all excited.

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    When HBS announced that this winter's DLC for BATTLETECH would be called Heavy Metal, there was a lot of speculation that it would include some of the unseen. As much as I love those early models and HBS' BATTLTECH, I was pretty blase about the news and could take it or leave it.

Now that I've seen some of these redesigned models, though, the unseen bloodlust is upon me and I will be sorely disappointment if Heavy Metal doesn't include a whole bunch of them!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Looks like another Top-Ten day, second in a row. Looks like it'll have a strong finish, wonder if we'll get anywhere past $2M

And another Top-Ten day Holy crap best day since opening weekend! Bodes well for a strong finish.

Also bringing this forward as well -

Oosik's trading post google doc

e: also per my brother-in-law the rank insignia in handgimps picture there looks like he was Petty Officer First Class, possibly job as electrician's mate. That combined with his service record snippet, I vote we make his character Oosik's chief nuke doc, sort of a Chief O'Brien type.

Tox on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Looks like another Top-Ten day, second in a row. Looks like it'll have a strong finish, wonder if we'll get anywhere past $2M

And another Top-Ten day Holy crap best day since opening weekend! Bodes well for a strong finish.

Also bringing this forward as well -

Oosik's trading post google doc

e: also per my brother-in-law the rank insignia in handgimps picture there looks like he was Petty Officer First Class, possibly job as electrician's mate. That combined with his service record snippet, I vote we make his character Oosik's chief nuke doc, sort of a Chief O'Brien type.

I thought this was supposed to be honor, not torture :P

• Options
    So, why not Scotty? I'm not a super Star Trek fan, but thought he was more awesome.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NoughtNought Registered User regular
    So, why not Scotty? I'm not a super Star Trek fan, but thought he was more awesome.

I would guess O'Brien is more 'our' generation, plus he feels more real. He saves everyones bacon more than once and gets yelled at regularly for his trouble.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Options
    Boom - Beard-off rematch unlocked.

Next stop: Free Urbie!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    Nought wrote: »

I would guess O'Brien is more 'our' generation, plus he feels more real. He saves everyones bacon more than once and gets yelled at regularly for his trouble.

Additionally, Scotty was a commissioned officer (like LaForge). O'Brien is an enlisted NCO. Like handgimp was.

• Options
    Gentlemen, we are getting close. Barely over 100k to go!

kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    Nought wrote: »

Additionally, Scotty was a commissioned officer (like LaForge). O'Brien is an enlisted NCO. Like handgimp was.

Cool that makes sense to me (again, not a ST fan so don't notice the little things like that).

>_> You youngin's and your Next Generation. Actually I'm in the in between generations I guess. Grew up watching some of the original Star Trek and then Next Generation.
    Gentlemen, we are getting close. Barely over 100k to go!

Ooooooh. Only 60 hours left!!! All those of us here who were on the fence can jump in now. The water nice and wet.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I'm already overcommitted, so have at it!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    You know, I feel like I'm watching one of those Public Television pledge drives. You know the one where they show some sort of special, ask for pledges and if you hit some sort of tier you get a tape, VHS, CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, etc. of the show you are watching. Then they have the dollar amount counter going in the background with all these people sitting around on the phones for the calls.

Of course this is only for those kids in the USA and watched Public Television...

oosik_betsuni.png