As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Giant Bomb] Lovitz or Leave It

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    One day, Dan will give me a brain aneurysm with questions like "does butter come from an animal"

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I really want to believe some of it is an act but Jeff B insists it is not.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

He's a product of his father and very selective interests

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, whenever you go oh Dan, do remember that his father is even worse. We're getting the filtered version.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Yup. Like at least Dan shows some interest in learning - his dad seems to actively avoid that and disdains anything he doesn't already know.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    omg I made the same dumb joke I made here in the youtube comments and Jeff replied!
    qmb5zwwm76mf.png

amazing

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Dan just revealed he doesn't know where butter comes from and it broke everyone so hard the stream died.

All of us are Abby, and Abby is all of us.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Abby is a very good stand-in for the void Austin filled and I won't hear nothing otherwise.

That said, *silently takes off glasses, pinches bridge of nose*

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Stuff like that seems like stuff you know because as a kid you ask a million questions to your parents every day. I’m just curious if he didn’t do that, or never got an answer on the subject he asked about, or what.

Possible to just forget I guess, if we’re being fair it probably doesn’t hinder day to day living.

Just odd

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    that's it. I can't handle it anymore. Dan is a fucking idiot.

edit - I'm flummoxed at the lack of common sense he has about general day to day stuff when he can be so incredibly smart about other stuff. It just, it makes no dang sense.

edit 2 - this is a guy who has put hundreds? of hours into Stardew, a farming simulator, where you can make butter (and eggs) AND who just last week on the beastcast was talking about how he could have been a farmer and most of his family is farmers. His latest story about not knowing how to cook the kansas bbq he loves (ie reheat it) while his wife was out of town was also brutal on that same beastcast. COME ON DAN.

edit 3 - i'm going to bed, I have become abby from that stream.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    dan's one redeeming feature is that he mostly means well

he's a 12 year old in an adult's body, but he's generally kind and thoughtful toward the people around him (ignoring his whole heel video game persona) so I'm able to forgive him for all of the really truly incredibly dumb things he says and thinks

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’ll take a dummy over a jackass any day

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Dan just revealed he doesn't know where butter comes from and it broke everyone so hard the stream died.

Okay but we can't put this all on Dan

Chat was talking about how eggs are dairy and

Fucking what

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    You can't make butter in Stardew Valley. Milk makes cheese in that game.

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah while the whole "Dan doesn't know how butter is made" thing is hysterical, I find it silly that education has somehow taught people to assume eggs are in the same class/source of food as dairy products, which goes to show that the failure to educate someone on the simple things is not wholly restricted to Dan being a Ryckert

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah while the whole "Dan doesn't know how butter is made" thing is hysterical, I find it silly that education has somehow taught people to assume eggs are in the same class/source of food as dairy products, which goes to show that the failure to educate someone on the simple things is not wholly restricted to Dan being a Ryckert

They are kept in the dairy case with milk, cheese, yogurt, and butter. It's really not a far leap to think eggs are dairy when they're in the dairy section of the grocery store.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    It's the USA grocery stores and markets placing eggs in the same aisles as dairy products that is to blame.

Those of us planning to have kids, please use Dan as an example of what happens when you do not nurture your child's curiosity and act accordingly.

Edit:
    grammar

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    That is definitely a US thing. I live in Central America and have gone to a LOT of Walmarts over here and none of them had eggs near the dairy section.

Also, again I point at Dan's dad. I bet Dan had a million questions as a kid and you can guess what was probably Papa Ryckert's answers seeing the result.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

Chat was talking about how eggs are dairy and

Fucking what

I wonder if they think that because of the section of the grocery store they are found in?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I can and I will!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Orange juice was always in the same section as eggs and dairy where I grew up. Sometimes bacon too. Also... they're called dairy cows? And dairy products? People know those don't have anything to do with eggs, right?
    ALSO THE FOOD PYRAMID THING IS LABELED "EGGS <AND> DAIRY"!
    No excuse!

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    I mean, I don't know how it's taught in the Americas but down here the frozen pizzas, seafood and ice cream are kept in the same freezers next to each other adjacent to the yoghurt and cheese and we're not confusing those for dairy either :P

• Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    I feel like growing up here, the Canada Food Guide always had eggs under "Meat and meat alternatives".

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    What, all of your cows don't lay eggs full of milk? That's how it's always been up here.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    This is why i love GB, you learn so much. Up until now I thought that eggs only came from rabbits and were full of cream.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TBH, I haven't bought Real Butter in a long time. I've gone with the fake "light" alternative or (for cooking purposes) that butter spray thing.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular

He's a product of his father and very selective interests

My hypotheses proves true

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    "everyone is pretending" => me and my dad don't know things

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Yup. Dan's just like his dad. At least Dan is willing to go the extra mile when asked about it, but seriously Paul Ryckert is the real culprit here.

• Options
    Twitch Partner and friend of the Site Gary Whitta is the Keynote Speaker for PAX West.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Twitch Partner and friend of the Site Gary Whitta is the Keynote Speaker for PAX West.

Cool!

He's also buddies with Mike Krahulik.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    That is definitely a US thing. I live in Central America and have gone to a LOT of Walmarts over here and none of them had eggs near the dairy section.

Also, again I point at Dan's dad. I bet Dan had a million questions as a kid and you can guess what was probably Papa Ryckert's answers seeing the result.

yeah the US is weird because we require (commercial) eggs to be washed in a machine that removes a layer of protective material that keeps them from rotting off the surface of the egg, hypothetically this slightly reduces the risk of salmonella contamination but it also means that we have to refrigerate eggs, so they're kept with the dairy products in stores here. I think everywhere else in the world doesn't think this process is worth it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    "everyone is pretending" => me and my dad don't know things

Yes it's definitely that and not sarcasm

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My only issue with Dan is I wish he was just a bit more curious, and look stuff up on his own. He is more than willing to be taught, for example. I would love to hear him say he at least tried to look something up.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Dan is the best one.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Dan is the best one.

Jeff G and Vinny are the best for sure.

Ryan, Austin, and Drew for legacy picks, too.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular

yeah the US is weird because we require (commercial) eggs to be washed in a machine that removes a layer of protective material that keeps them from rotting off the surface of the egg, hypothetically this slightly reduces the risk of salmonella contamination but it also means that we have to refrigerate eggs, so they're kept with the dairy products in stores here. I think everywhere else in the world doesn't think this process is worth it.
    Oh, NOW it makes more sense. Yeah, while I refrigerate eggs at home they're not refrigerated at the store.

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    Dan is the best one.

Jeff G and Vinny are the best for sure.

Ryan, Austin, and Drew for legacy picks, too.
    Dan is the best one.

• Options
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Damn. :( I remember when I listened to the Tested podcasts, she would inevitably bark at something and Will would just casually say something like "Quiet, Chloe" and continue on with his thoughts. Always a bummer to lose a pet.

This discussion has been closed.