As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Math Trade / Online Flea Market

calvinbjddcalvinbjdd Registered User regular
Last year we had both at PAX Unplugged, but I was late to the BGG game. Anyone know when these typically fire up for conventions?

• Options
    bubba0077bubba0077 College Park, MDRegistered User regular
    I just checked, and last year the thread was posted in mid-late Sept. Keep an eye on the trades forum and the PAX 2019 thread. The math trade will likely be announced in both locations.

GGw8Z6o.png
  • Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    They're community run, so anyone could start the thread at any time

• Options
    Gundabad wrote: »
    They're community run, so anyone could start the thread at any time

Gundabad... I think you helped organize the Math Trade last year. Are people waiting for the schedule to iron out the details do you think? I would rather put games in the trade than in the flea market (because I don't like having to price games) but I have several that I know can move on from my collection.

• Options
    JackONeillJackONeill Registered User new member
    There is a Virtual Game Market on Board Game Geek. I have not been with these Pax Forums long enough to post the link.

• Options
    GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    The Virtual Flea Market is here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/262007/pax-unplugged-2019-virtual-game-market

I didn't run the math trade either year. Here is last year's math trade thread if someone wants to poke him and make it happen or take it over: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2063808/pax-unplugged-2018-no-ship-math-trade

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    I asked the guy over there who ran it last year, he responded: "Maybe, I'll know for sure by Thursday."

So, others don't need to spam him over on bgg :)

• Options
  • Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Yay! Everyone who has games they would like to trade away without a ton of effort should DEFINITELY check this out. It's great!

• Options
    matth06matth06 Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    matth06 was warned for this.
    removed links

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2019
    Please do not make attempts to disguise your auctions as official on **any** media, nor make a claim that your auctions are anything but just that, your own.

An addendum: This forum is not any sort of general marketplace. While sometimes there's stuff organized on here that involves money, please do not post to advertise your own sales of stuff.

The BGG link from Gundabad above is a good place to go to do that, as the person running that link is organizing and listing other people's personal auctions, along with other resources that tend to go down at tabletop cons regarding trades, personal sales, etc.

These are all community run resources, not official.

If you think you need to make a sales post of some sort that isn't covered above, you should read the forum rules first, and then PM me or Tube to get permission. Chances are very high the answer is no, however.

Thanks!

zerzhul on