As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I've got Edelgard toting around an Iron Axe, Steel Axe+, Killer Axe, Devil Axe, some legendary armor-crushing axe I've never used, and I still have her use the Iron Axe most of the time because it always does the most damage due to the extra attack. And this is in chapter 14. Honestly it feels like the numbers really needed more tweaking, it doesn't seem like this should be the case.

Also, Crimson Flower route continues to have some really bad storytelling.
    I got a dialogue choice from a character whose allegiance I didn't really know, asking if I meant to kill a specific character in the last battle. That character was a commander, and the objective was to defeat the commanders, so out-of-game? Absolutely. But given that I wasn't clear on the relationship between these two characters (the commander had only been introduced, fought, and defeated this month), I said no.

Then the events of the next scene happen, and I had no idea what was going on.

I'm hoping on Hard the weapons will have more meaning. I'm in the same boat, right now basic magic, melee, bow attacks are always the strongest because they can hit twice. Using an ability always cuts into the damage since they only hit once. I'm guessing I won't have quite the speed advantage on Hard, making specialized weapons and abilities more impactful.

Crimson Flower (ch 14-ish):
    I had the same issue. Except I answered "yes" since that was the mission. Then crap happens and it seemed like everyone knew the boss worked for this character before we even attacked. The whole Death Knight thing confused me as well, as in Part 1, it seems to work for the Flame Emperor (FE mentions he can borrow the DK). Yet in Part 2, the DK seems to work for the person "borrowing" it.

I think they really needed a bit more content for Part 2. They could have added a couple main missions with the sub plot, to slowly build up those characters and the threat they possess. It's understandable though, since they 4 different paths with content that Part 2 would be lacking.

Crimson Flower's story is very good, actually, but nothing is spoon fed to you. It really requires a lot of work on the player's part as a lot of the details are in small, non-plot required conversations that the game expects the player to piece together. I personally love that about the story as I found it super rewarding as things I learned in Part 1 came to light and became important in Part 2. I totally understand how it would frustrate and annoy others, though.

Spoilers for the same chapter in the previous spoilers (Chapter 14 or so, I don't know the exact number either), also including some stuff that's in Part 1...
    The character you meet in that mission is Edelgard's uncle. In Part 1, he's mentioned a couple of times by name (Volkhard), and also his deeds, which include being the one who kidnapped Edelgard and took her to the Kingdom, led the experiments on giving people second crests (including Edelgard), and has been acting as the evil vizier behind the throne of Edelgard's father. He is one of the people she most wants to kill, but can't because he's so entwined that it would trigger a civil war, something she can't deal with on top of fighting the Church.

The General you kill is one of his agents, something you're suppose to get a hint of and then realize in the chapter when at first she says "they're here to kill me" and then put the pieces together during that end conversation with Volkhard. You learn some details about the general in part 1 when Sylvain tells you about a plague that was stopped in the Kingdom years before by that woman.

So, the story for Aranhold (did I spell that right?) is that many years ago there was a plague. This plague was created by Lord Volkhard, Edelgard's evil uncle. He then sent one of his agents to cure it. She did so, and in turn became a court mage for the Kingdom, inserting one of his agent into the Kingdom's power structure. Then, years later and knowing this, Edelgard leads her forces to attack Aranhold in order to kill Volkhard's agent. Since the war is wrapping up, she feels she can start striking at Volkhard, who she sees as her enemy. Volkhard confronts her over this, and in retaliation he uses a super weapon he got a hold of to destroy Aranhold, in an attempt to put Edelgard back in her place.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    If Steel weapons are frowned upon due to weight, are Iron+ weapons the better general purpose type to outfit one's class?

Yeah, for sure. They're pretty decent for just dealing with basic enemies.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    If Steel weapons are frowned upon due to weight, are Iron+ weapons the better general purpose type to outfit one's class?

Iron+ until you get to silver, basically

I'm on hard/classic Chapter 17 and I'm still using Iron+ on basically everyone

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    It's almost impressive how in a game that stars both Hubert and Ferdinand, Lorenz still manages to be The Absolute Worst.

I've heard he gets better eventually, but I'm not sure I'll be able to stand him long enough to get there.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Counterpoint: Hubert and Ferdinand are both great!

I legit don't know how I'm going to handle later runs of this game when I want to try non-BEs. I love all my little eaglets.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    Roses are red
    A peg knight is a flyer
    Edelgard may be great, but
    I AM FERDINAND VON AEGIR

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    It's almost impressive how in a game that stars both Hubert and Ferdinand, Lorenz still manages to be The Absolute Worst.

I've heard he gets better eventually, but I'm not sure I'll be able to stand him long enough to get there.

I can just echo that he has some really good interactions later, his A ranks are pretty much all great, especially the one with Claude.

Honestly, there isn't a character I have gotten more than a few supports with that wasn't great so far. Setheth seemed kinda boring, but his supports are all him being really supportive and helping people deal with their issues. Really wondering how they will make Sylvain/Hubert into characters I will care about, since they on the surface are awful and boring respectively.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    flayn silvyn have some awesome support convos.

camo_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Frozenzen wrote: »

I can just echo that he has some really good interactions later, his A ranks are pretty much all great, especially the one with Claude.

Honestly, there isn't a character I have gotten more than a few supports with that wasn't great so far. Setheth seemed kinda boring, but his supports are all him being really supportive and helping people deal with their issues. Really wondering how they will make Sylvain/Hubert into characters I will care about, since they on the surface are awful and boring respectively.

Hubert x Bernie.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hubert x Petra A support is also pretty nice

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The weight of Iron makes it good, but Steel can still be better in many situations

If you don't get double hits either way, then Steel is better

If you do get double hits either way, then Steel is also better

For Combat Arts, speed doesn't matter, so Steel is better

Steel also has higher durability

Early game, I carry both an Iron and a Steel weapon on my martial characters, using whicher fits the situation

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    So, I'm on my third run, beat the Golden Deer and Blue Lions paths. I just got past the time jump on Black Eagles and spoilery stuff.
    I sided with Edelgard and have been disappointed. After the big fight at the monastery in the Golden Deer and Blue Lion paths you get a fully animated cut scene that clearly shows you falling to your apparent death or at least explains why you'd be severely injured. The Edelgard path you get a few sound effects, still pictures, and some chat bubbles and no real obvious reason why you'd be laid out for 5 years. Maybe I missed something, but I was expecting similar production values. Was I wrong to expect that?

Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yea the above fits way more with my experience. Mostly why I was so confused especially if one is talking about normal. Iron should not just flat out be better than Steel all the time unless something really weird happened with your stats.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Yathrin wrote: »
    So, I'm on my third run, beat the Golden Deer and Blue Lions paths. I just got past the time jump on Black Eagles and spoilery stuff.
    I sided with Edelgard and have been disappointed. After the big fight at the monastery in the Golden Deer and Blue Lion paths you get a fully animated cut scene that clearly shows you falling to your apparent death or at least explains why you'd be severely injured. The Edelgard path you get a few sound effects, still pictures, and some chat bubbles and no real obvious reason why you'd be laid out for 5 years. Maybe I missed something, but I was expecting similar production values. Was I wrong to expect that?
    Ok, this explains a lot. I wonder if this is a bug (that the cutscene does not play). Because yeah, it's confusing as fuck why it's suddenly 5 years later and apparently you've been asleep? This was my first route and I had no idea what was going on.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I just discovered the vocal track songs for Echoes and Fates.
    Holy crap those songs are gorgeous.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Yathrin wrote: »
    Ok, this explains a lot. I wonder if this is a bug (that the cutscene does not play). Because yeah, it's confusing as fuck why it's suddenly 5 years later and apparently you've been asleep? This was my first route and I had no idea what was going on.
    It kinda feels like they didn't expect people to pick that route first, which I mean if that's their intention then maybe they shouldn't have made Rhea so fucking shady?

Cause between Crazy Eyes McBurnTheHeretics and the main Lord character with a completely fucked up backstory, uh, well, I certainly know who I picked!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Speaking of, is my brain broken, or do all of the female characters have a serious case of crazy eyes? As far as I can tell, the eyes on everyone have the same style of design to them, but I'm not getting that read from the male characters at all.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    I've got Edelgard toting around an Iron Axe, Steel Axe+, Killer Axe, Devil Axe, some legendary armor-crushing axe I've never used, and I still have her use the Iron Axe most of the time because it always does the most damage due to the extra attack. And this is in chapter 14. Honestly it feels like the numbers really needed more tweaking, it doesn't seem like this should be the case.

I got a dialogue choice from a character whose allegiance I didn't really know, asking if I meant to kill a specific character in the last battle. That character was a commander, and the objective was to defeat the commanders, so out-of-game? Absolutely. But given that I wasn't clear on the relationship between these two characters (the commander had only been introduced, fought, and defeated this month), I said no.

I'm hoping on Hard the weapons will have more meaning. I'm in the same boat, right now basic magic, melee, bow attacks are always the strongest because they can hit twice. Using an ability always cuts into the damage since they only hit once. I'm guessing I won't have quite the speed advantage on Hard, making specialized weapons and abilities more impactful.

I had the same issue. Except I answered "yes" since that was the mission. Then crap happens and it seemed like everyone knew the boss worked for this character before we even attacked. The whole Death Knight thing confused me as well, as in Part 1, it seems to work for the Flame Emperor (FE mentions he can borrow the DK). Yet in Part 2, the DK seems to work for the person "borrowing" it.

I think they really needed a bit more content for Part 2. They could have added a couple main missions with the sub plot, to slowly build up those characters and the threat they possess. It's understandable though, since they 4 different paths with content that Part 2 would be lacking.

Crimson Flower's story is very good, actually, but nothing is spoon fed to you. It really requires a lot of work on the player's part as a lot of the details are in small, non-plot required conversations that the game expects the player to piece together. I personally love that about the story as I found it super rewarding as things I learned in Part 1 came to light and became important in Part 2. I totally understand how it would frustrate and annoy others, though.

Spoilers for the same chapter in the previous spoilers (Chapter 14 or so, I don't know the exact number either), also including some stuff that's in Part 1...
    The character you meet in that mission is Edelgard's uncle. In Part 1, he's mentioned a couple of times by name (Volkhard), and also his deeds, which include being the one who kidnapped Edelgard and took her to the Kingdom, led the experiments on giving people second crests (including Edelgard), and has been acting as the evil vizier behind the throne of Edelgard's father. He is one of the people she most wants to kill, but can't because he's so entwined that it would trigger a civil war, something she can't deal with on top of fighting the Church.

The General you kill is one of his agents, something you're suppose to get a hint of and then realize in the chapter when at first she says "they're here to kill me" and then put the pieces together during that end conversation with Volkhard. You learn some details about the general in part 1 when Sylvain tells you about a plague that was stopped in the Kingdom years before by that woman.

So, the story for Aranhold (did I spell that right?) is that many years ago there was a plague. This plague was created by Lord Volkhard, Edelgard's evil uncle. He then sent one of his agents to cure it. She did so, and in turn became a court mage for the Kingdom, inserting one of his agent into the Kingdom's power structure. Then, years later and knowing this, Edelgard leads her forces to attack Aranhold in order to kill Volkhard's agent. Since the war is wrapping up, she feels she can start striking at Volkhard, who she sees as her enemy. Volkhard confronts her over this, and in retaliation he uses a super weapon he got a hold of to destroy Aranhold, in an attempt to put Edelgard back in her place.

Some slight clarification on what youv'e posted here:
    In the English localization, the name of Edelgard's uncle is Arundel, rather than Volkhard

Realizing that Edelgard took Arianrhod specifically (solely) to kill one of her uncle's generals was a great moment; by that point in the story she'd been personally involved in killing 75% of the most important members of that organization

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    I can never remember which is r and which is zr, but one of those will toggle enemy threat ranges and is extremely useful for baiting.

It's the Battle of the Eagle and Lion and I've already managed to recruit all the other House's students to my House.

Kinda robs this battle of its impact since I basically stole its most important gimmick.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Finally got Byleth's skills close enough to take the Assassin test. Passed on the 1st try with 44%!

Cyril also passed his Wyvern Rider test on the 2nd try with 75%, so I have another flyer and can focus on making Leonie a Paladin instead of a Pegasus Knight for 20 to 30, while she gets ready for Falcon Knight.

That makes 10 Advanced units, so I'm going to raise a backbench via adjutants, but I can take my time with them.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Do the Supports not offer any gameplay based benefits anymore?

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »

Supports blocking hits does not seem to be a thing in Three Houses. I think the most readable benefit is that they boost Gambits?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

They offer boosted stats when nearby. You can see the amount right on the support screen if I am not mistaken.

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

In the English localization, the name of Edelgard's uncle is Arundel, rather than Volkhard

Realizing that Edelgard took Arianrhod specifically (solely) to kill one of her uncle's generals was a great moment; by that point in the story she'd been personally involved in killing 75% of the most important members of that organization

Thanks, I was writing all that while on lunch at work, and I'm bad at remembering names, so I used the internet, who gave me the Japanese name instead.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

Supports blocking hits does not seem to be a thing in Three Houses. I think the most readable benefit is that they boost Gambits?

The old pair up type benefits are adjutants now.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/miscellaneous/linked-attacks-gambit-boost/

The benefits they give are more in keeping with the GBA era games, though they're more generalized than those were

Get people with supports together and the efficacy of regular attacks really jumps, but the accuracy and power of Gambits skyrockets

dN0T6ur.png
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Finished the Crimson Flower route, some general ending thoughts:

1) The anime Edelgard still picture at the end looked terrible. Her face was really weirdly bloated and just kind of creepy. I literally made a startled shout when it jumped on screen. Not sure who approved that on the dev side.

2) Loved the end credits, I'm sure at some point after all the play-through's I'll hit youtube up to catch all the permutations I didn't get. I was able to get Bernie and Lin to marry as well as Ferd and Mercedes which was great, since I wasn't sure you could do it inter-house.

3) The final battle was pretty great. They pulled in more mechanic's that I would have liked to seen earlier, like immune to magic and such. Also their healers started healing their units, which only showed up in the last 2 battles. I wonder if that happens more on Hard.

4) Maybe it's bad translation but why do some of the characters that are romantically interested in another, refer to them as family or friend? This was in multiple conversations through the game, but the ending with Edelgard, she refers to you as her "dear friend". I thought maybe I did something wrong, as being called a "friend" or "like my brother" usually has never lead to a romantic relationship. It seems to have worked out though.

Overall I had a blast and I can't wait to jump back in with a different house. I'm going to need a bit of a break as there are so many support conversations, I started to speed through some by the end.

Not sure how I feel about the overall story structure. On one hand, it leaves you wanting to jump in with another house to fill in some of the blanks which is great. Also you don't really want to play the same missions against the same enemies on all 4 routes, so breaking up the "villains" makes sense. But on the other hand, my PC and Edelgard's story is over and it feels half finished. My hope is that maybe some DLC will add more complete paths for each of the routes.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    edited August 2019
    Wyborn wrote: »

CF path (chapter 16+ending):
    I don't mind the small bits that play into the greater whole. Post battle choice, I gathered Cornelia worked for Arundel give what happened and comments from Edel and Hubert. But I was given 3 options before that and had know idea what was going on or how to respond. Cornelia talking about killing Kingdom troops could have just been her on a power trip wanting to take control of Arianrhod. The stuff about the plague, I'm not sure where that was from as I don't remember that coming up pre-mission or in any conversations. Was it in part 1?

My bigger issue is not being able to play the resolution around Arundel, learn more about what happened with Edelgard, figure out who Thales is, etc, leaves that path just feeling a bit hollow. Given that it sounds like that stuff may be explained in one of the other 3 paths, that's fine, and I do like that it pushes you to play all 4, but still leaves this "multiverse" version of my PC and Edelgard feeling unfulfilled.

Trajan45 on
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I've also just finished Crimson Flower. Non-spoiler thoughts are that while I loved the gameplay, map design, and the characters, the story definitely... left something to be desired. It was never bad in the way Fates was, and didn't have a giant lull like Awakening's second act, but it felt very sparse and... simple? And left a lot of dangling plot threads. The world itself that they've created is great, and that's lead to a depth to everyone and everything which makes me excited to try the other routes (which, from the sounds of it, do much more interesting things with those building blocks).

edited August 2019
    Finished the Crimson Flower route, some general ending thoughts:

1) The anime Edelgard still picture at the end looked terrible. Her face was really weirdly bloated and just kind of creepy. I literally made a startled shout when it jumped on screen. Not sure who approved that on the dev side.

2) Loved the end credits, I'm sure at some point after all the play-through's I'll hit youtube up to catch all the permutations I didn't get. I was able to get Bernie and Lin to marry as well as Ferd and Mercedes which was great, since I wasn't sure you could do it inter-house.

3) The final battle was pretty great. They pulled in more mechanic's that I would have liked to seen earlier, like immune to magic and such. Also their healers started healing their units, which only showed up in the last 2 battles. I wonder if that happens more on Hard.

4) Maybe it's bad translation but why do some of the characters that are romantically interested in another, refer to them as family or friend? This was in multiple conversations through the game, but the ending with Edelgard, she refers to you as her "dear friend". I thought maybe I did something wrong, as being called a "friend" or "like my brother" usually has never lead to a romantic relationship. It seems to have worked out though.

Overall I had a blast and I can't wait to jump back in with a different house. I'm going to need a bit of a break as there are so many support conversations, I started to speed through some by the end.

Not sure how I feel about the overall story structure. On one hand, it leaves you wanting to jump in with another house to fill in some of the blanks which is great. Also you don't really want to play the same missions against the same enemies on all 4 routes, so breaking up the "villains" makes sense. But on the other hand, my PC and Edelgard's story is over and it feels half finished. My hope is that maybe some DLC will add more complete paths for each of the routes.

On your 4th point in the spoiler.
    According to a thread on Reddit, which, I know, not the greatest source but it's the best I have, the JP version of the Edelgard/Byleth s support and ending is much more explicit about it being a romantic love, and the end card actually mentions they were married. They also mentioned that the French translation also didn't lack any ambiguity.

Best guess is that whoever translated that scene into English went for a more literal, word for word translation that lost some of the cultural subtext.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I've also just finished Crimson Flower. Non-spoiler thoughts are that while I loved the gameplay, map design, and the characters, the story definitely... left something to be desired. It was never bad in the way Fates was, and didn't have a giant lull like Awakening's second act, but it felt very sparse and... simple? And left a lot of dangling plot threads. The world itself that they've created is great, and that's lead to a depth to everyone and everything which makes me excited to try the other routes (which, from the sounds of it, do much more interesting things with those building blocks).

I'm sure if there isn't one now, there will be something soon about what order is best to play the paths in to make the most sense. I'm guessing CF isn't going to be 1st haha.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I've seen a Gambit Boost happen once or twice but I'm near the end of my first play through and I've never seen a Link Attack. I guess I'm spreading people out too much.

I've seen a Gambit Boost happen once or twice but I'm near the end of my first play through and I've never seen a Link Attack. I guess I'm spreading people out too much.

I think the issue you are running into here is that there isn't an animation. It will just show they faces of whoever is adding stat boosts on the little combat numbers screen. And you will receive the boosts that those members give you for your attack.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Unless you are feeding all of your stat boosts to Byleth and marching them solo down the map you definitely see it.

Taken from Serenes Forest:

Linked Attacks
    This is a slightly modified version of the “support bonus” system that has appeared in most Fire Emblem games to date.

When a character engages an enemy, if there are allies that can target the same enemy from their current position, a linked attack will occur. This will boost the character’s Hit, Avoid and occasionally Might depending on the number of available allies (up to three) and their support levels.

If a linked attack is possible, you will be able to tell during the combat forecast. Next to the character’s portrait, there will be up to three smaller portraits for the supporting allies. Also, the character’s Might, Hit and/or the enemy’s Hit values may be highlighted to indicate an increase/decrease.

If there are multiple allies, simply add up the boosts.

Notes:
    • If the character has an Adjutant deployed, the Adjutant will count as an additional supporting ally, for a maximum number of four.
    • If there are more than 3 allies that can target the same enemy, the game will prioritise the allies who are higher up the unit list (according to the battle preparations screen). Even if those allies have a lower support level.

For example, if there are four allies available, the maximum Hit and Avoid boost would be +40.

Despite the name, when a linked attack occurs, the supporting allies will not physically appear during the battle.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

I think the issue you are running into here is that there isn't an animation. It will just show they faces of whoever is adding stat boosts on the little combat numbers screen. And you will receive the boosts that those members give you for your attack.

^ Link attacks are subtle as hell. There will be an icon showing off who you are linked to in the battle forecast. I think it's a fancy name for support boosts.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Beat chapter 17 of Crimson Flower last night. That was easily the most difficult battle yet, I had to use up nearly all of my Divine Pulse charges.
    When Rhea and her reinforcements showed up, I truly thought I was fucked. The four characters I had on the eastern side of the map were essentially completely surrounded. However, it turned out that I had coincidentally sent exactly the right units to that side that I need to resolve the situation. Ferdinand was able to take care of all the mounted units by himself thanks to his crest weapon, and Ingrid was able to both take out the Bolting guy in the lower right corner as well as lure in the Holy Knights that spawned next to Rhea. A couple turns later I also used Ingrid to lure in Rhea herself and eventually defeat her. Bernie was also an extremely important factor in the battle since she could dispatch several targets from a long range before they became a problem, including that group of mages north of the river and basically all of the transforming soldiers, including Dedue. Edelgard didn't fight much, she mostly spent the latter half of the fight running away from the golem that spawned on the left side. I never ended up killing him, but he essentially wasn't a threat since he was never in range of anybody. Dimitri was kind of a pain; thankfully I had Windsweep equipped on Byleth, which weakened Dimitri to the point where Dorothea could kill him in one hit. Unfortunately I missed out on one of the chests since I accidentally ended the map too early and only noticed my mistake after I had already saved.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Maz- wrote: »
    Beat chapter 17 of Crimson Flower last night. That was easily the most difficult battle yet, I had to use up nearly all of my Divine Pulse charges.
    When Rhea and her reinforcements showed up, I truly thought I was fucked. The four characters I had on the eastern side of the map were essentially completely surrounded. However, it turned out that I had coincidentally sent exactly the right units to that side that I need to resolve the situation. Ferdinand was able to take care of all the mounted units by himself thanks to his crest weapon, and Ingrid was able to both take out the Bolting guy in the lower right corner as well as lure in the Holy Knights that spawned next to Rhea. A couple turns later I also used Ingrid to lure in Rhea herself and eventually defeat her. Bernie was also an extremely important factor in the battle since she could dispatch several targets from a long range before they became a problem, including that group of mages north of the river and basically all of the transforming soldiers, including Dedue. Edelgard didn't fight much, she mostly spent the latter half of the fight running away from the golem that spawned on the left side. I never ended up killing him, but he essentially wasn't a threat since he was never in range of anybody. Dimitri was kind of a pain; thankfully I had Windsweep equipped on Byleth, which weakened Dimitri to the point where Dorothea could kill him in one hit. Unfortunately I missed out on one of the chests since I accidentally ended the map too early and only noticed my mistake after I had already saved.
    I was lucky, I had Ingrid and Shamir right near the forest when she showed up. So I was able to defeat Rhea right off the bat and all her forces retreated except the golem.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    I was lucky, I had Ingrid and Shamir right near the forest when she showed up. So I was able to defeat Rhea right off the bat and all her forces retreated except the golem.
    I left linhardt to die as I had all the wrong units on that side of the map and missed rushing down rhea by on turn.

I was really expecting just a little more fanfare when you actually let a character die, really seems like they are planning for you to roll it back when it happens.

PSN SeGaTai
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I'm in the same place (about), I made a try on Chapter 18 of Crimson Flower last night.

It sucks!

I think I need to go back to my save before the 17 battle.
    I did not realize that you can't do Supports on the pre battle screen, and you don't return to the monastery between those fights. So all my kiddos are still at B Rank because I wanted to wait until the last chapter to decide who to pair off.

I hope the B -> A change gives a huge boost because seriously Ch 18 is a massive pain. Those reinforcement peg knights have to all be taken down in 1 turn somehow because they double every character I have and they can one-shot all but the tankiest few. Maybe I can buy some Brave Bows and stuff to murderize them better.

This discussion has been closed.