As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Like, I can pick locks! I can escape handcuffs! Ask me about those dumb talents!

I also found it weird that the wisdom questions didn't have much about one's awareness/senses, as that is generally something that falls within that domain. Like, if we're just calling wisdom common sense, mine should be a lot lower probably - I'm fine with the thirteen because I'll take that as a high visual perception and ability to tell when someone is lying, which is where I actually have some talent.

Yeah but can you punch a football to death??!

I can transfer a folding pocket knife to my hand and open it without being notice, so kind of?

Ah, so less Hercules and more Hercules 2014

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Like, I can pick locks! I can escape handcuffs! Ask me about those dumb talents!

I also found it weird that the wisdom questions didn't have much about one's awareness/senses, as that is generally something that falls within that domain. Like, if we're just calling wisdom common sense, mine should be a lot lower probably - I'm fine with the thirteen because I'll take that as a high visual perception and ability to tell when someone is lying, which is where I actually have some talent.

Yeah but can you punch a football to death??!

I can transfer a folding pocket knife to my hand and open it without being notice, so kind of?

Ah, so less Hercules and more Hercules 2014

You wound me, but I suppose you're not wrong

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I've been using that mood tracker, Daylio, for 35 straight days now. Thanks, @Cello , I think, for suggesting it

My current job frustrates me
    My hobbies, friends, family and my girlfriend make me happy

I didn't realize how big of an impact a bad day at work had, or having to say fuck it and wash my hands of things has day after day

I guess I should get more serious about finding a new job

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Str 15
    Int 13
    Wis 14
    Dex 9
    Con 11
    Chr 12

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Str 17
    Int 13
    Wis 15
    Dex 9
    Con 10
    Chr 10

I'm fat, but can pick up really heavy shit, so apparently that all balances out for strength con and dex.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    The question for strength of 'have you ever broken a rubber ball by striking it' so so dumb. I have, but only because it was a fucking tattered ruin and anyone could have, at that point. Also the constitution questions are whacked out because getting fucking giardia has nothing to do with your constitution, you should have the wisdom to not drink water where animals are pooping. Duh!

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I guess the best constitution question would be a complicated spreadsheet plotting the number of times you had dodgy gas station food and the number of times it made you violently nightmarishly ill.

I'm going to go ahead and put down my weekly gas station sushi habit from 2014-15 as the 18 on that scale.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I've been using that mood tracker, Daylio, for 35 straight days now. Thanks, @Cello , I think, for suggesting it

I didn't realize how big of an impact a bad day at work had, or having to say fuck it and wash my hands of things has day after day

The original credit goes to @pooka, who got me into it!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Jedoc wrote: »
    I guess the best constitution question would be a complicated spreadsheet plotting the number of times you had dodgy gas station food and the number of times it made you violently nightmarishly ill.

I'm going to go ahead and put down my weekly gas station sushi habit from 2014-15 as the 18 on that scale.

Yeah I get sick about once a month but I ate 4 pounds of all-you-can-eat shrimp at Red Lobster once and I'm pretty sure that gets me an 18 by itself.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    my favorite hangover food was buffet sushi

i never got sick from it!
    Cello wrote: »

The original credit goes to pooka, who got me into it!
    476 days baybee

glad for the ability to add previous days

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

What is this moodtracker thing?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm not very good at using daylio still

I never mark activities

And my mood is almost always meh or bad

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

it's an app called Daylio. once a day it prompts you to rate the quality of your day on a scale and select what activities you did that day, as well as add any relevant notes about your mood or experience

over time it can hopefully help you get a picture of what patterns of life lead to you feeling good and what do not

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

it's an app called Daylio. once a day it prompts you to rate the quality of your day on a scale and select what activities you did that day, as well as add any relevant notes about your mood or experience

over time it can hopefully help you get a picture of what patterns of life lead to you feeling good and what do not

Hmm... I might check that out.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular

You can also set it to remind you multiple times per day, so you could for example set it for when you wake up, when you get to work, when you get off work, then maybe like 3 hours after work and bedtime and see how your mood tracks through it all.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Hmm... I might check that out.

It was unquestionably a plus for me as it helped to identify a bit of a parabolic arc to my depression days which I would not have realized otherwise. Since starting birth control targeting PMDD I've only had 3 or 4 Very Sad Face days over 3 months compared to 3 or 4 each month prior

But the activity tracking can also be great to identify specific stressors, and things that you do that relieve that stress, too!

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you all! That could be very helpful for me.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I stopped using it recently, but it was also really interesting to see how my mood cycled throughout the weeks, and what caused sad/angry-face days. It was also a good reminder that all the things I wrote down about "things I'm nervous about" or "things that made me anxious today" always ended up as total non-issues, and made me realize that I have been in a cycle of assuming something about a situation (i.e. "what if this person doesn't like me", "what if this thing is going to happen as a result of this", "what if this person doesn't think I'm good enough") without actually having any real evidence that this would be the case. So now there's a note on my whiteboard on my fridge that reminds me - "hey, do you KNOW something is true, or are you just assuming it is?" to remind myself to stop every now and then and actually consciously think about that.

It's good stuff! I should start it up again.

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    STR:9
    INT:13
    WIS:13
    DEX:11
    CON:12
    CHR:16

I might figure the dexterity higher, personally - I felt like the question set it gave me was focused on the side of dexterity that I'm bad at, but such is the way of things. And then, y'know, everything else can probably be reduced by 1 because I'm a narcissist so clearly my answers are skewed.

yeah having multiple questions focused on juggling, just like having multiple questions focused on natural languages spoken, kinda screwed me over

That’s how I scored so high.

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I scored low on Strength (SHOCKING! I have zero upper-body strength. Why are all the questions about upper-body strength. #sexist)
    I scored low on Constitution (allergic to all of the things, I've gotten sick at least once in my life like a typical human)
    Decently in Dex
    Amazing in the rest :cool:

NightDragon on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I looked at those dex questions and felt really bad for all the clumsy people in the world.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Surely someone has made a better one of these quizzes in the past 15 years.

This is literally a barely modified version of one I used back in high school.

• Options
    TaskmanTaskman Registered User regular
    STR:14
    INT:17
    WIS:16
    DEX:13
    CON:10
    CHR:16

High INT, but here I am doing online quizzes that attempt to apply single numerical reference points to complex, poorly-mapped dynamic characteristics so that's probably a lie. Also there's no way I'm that charismatic either.

uGn5f.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm actually surprised my Charisma was 3. I was expecting negatives with how many no's I put in that column

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised my Charisma was 3. I was expecting negatives with how many no's I put in that column

i'm not sure normal scores can drop below 3 in standard D&D creation

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I cheated and lied like a motherfucker trying to get the maximum score and I still only got:

STR: 20
    INT: 18
    WIS: 17
    DEX: 19
    CON: 18
    CHR: 18

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It's funny seeing an actual super model on a dating app. Especially one that doesn't set off normal red flags. It's like, "HA...well fuck it, maybe she's into adreniline junkie goblins like me"

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    It's funny seeing an actual super model on a dating app. Especially one that doesn't set off normal red flags. It's like, "HA...well fuck it, maybe she's into adreniline junkie goblins like me"

50/50 bot or maybe she's getting the kind of attention she doesn't want and wants someone more down to earth?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    One of my exes ended up becoming a model for wedding dresses, and when my mom found out she straight up didn't believe me.

Ah, to be young again.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Daylio didn’t reveal any patterns, which frustrated me, beyond that when I was in the UK spending time with family and pushing work out of mind that I was very happy

Also that I get 1-2 happy days per month which isn’t too great, and more than half are meh or below

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I too hope that I can wind up dating a supermodel who wants a super low-key dude who doesn't in any way remind her about the glamorous and stressful world she lives in 80% of the time

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i just wanna crush beers with rebecca romijn

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I too hope that I can wind up dating a supermodel who wants a super low-key dude who doesn't in any way remind her about the glamorous and stressful world she lives in 80% of the time

It's you, you're the supermodel. You have to find yourself a low-key dude to keep you grounded.

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I took the longer quiz and got lawful good human wizard.
    Str 12
    Dex 14
    Con 11
    Int 15
    Wis 17
    Cha 13

I then started sending it around work so soon we will all be classified.

Longer one: http://easydamus.com/character.html

Einzel on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    True Neutral Human Wizard

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 10
    Dexterity- 10
    Constitution- 12
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 13
    Charisma- 8

Yeah I’ll take it

• Options
    Neutral Good Human Paladin (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 13
    Dexterity- 14
    Constitution- 11
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 16
    Charisma- 12

The ol' 12 Charisma Paladin.

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

It's you, you're the supermodel. You have to find yourself a low-key dude to keep you grounded.

He'll be charmed by GGs lackadaisical lifestyle and wonder of the world while GG is delighted by a strong and calming presence in his life.

A summer romcom coming soon to cinemas near you.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    There goes GG, stealing my girl yet again.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I got true neutral ranger with all low stats. Pretty fuckin accurate if I'm honest.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Chaotic Neutral Human Paladin

STR 10
    DEX 13
    CON 12
    INT 13
    WIS 11
    CHA 9

Huh, wasn't expecting that alignment with that class

This discussion has been closed.