As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tom Clancy's [The Division] 2: The Division x Resident Evil Crossover Feb 2 - 15

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Yeah to be fair the key here is the gap between expeditions, if it's only like 1 or 2 weeks then great, if it's a month or more then that's less great.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Yeah, they don't have an ETA of its return that I could find. Apparently there was also supposed to be some kind of mastery system tied into it too that didn't happen?

In-game there were timers, but they definitely need to get that messaging out better.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Imagine it’s like the black tusk invasions. A repeating semi-random thing.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Any timers I've seen seemed to be "Next weekly reset in - XX" even the raid has this.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Here's the timers, as seen on the map:

hyb7zo4vvplh.png

The first timer is "Available for," which was the overall duration and then the location timer is "Next Available:"

Edit: They will definitely need to be clearer about it. When you were on the campus, the "Available for" timer said "Closes in" or something too, on the overlay with the locations.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I am not a fan of the “seasonal” type content except maybe actual seasonal stuff like Halloween/Xmas. Time gating content just seems to be a waste unless it pops back up frequently. More so when the content is like the campus which is a massive map. So what it will be inaccessible until the next event?

darkmayo on
    Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah they didn't really fully explain how the expedition was going to work, and worse because they want to "fix it" it's going away longer than they originally intended. They want to make the encounters more random which is good. But killing the content entirely while they do it feels shitty.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    So, the RNG gave me the ratty (blue quality) green sweatpants from a cache instead of repeats and I've been rocking those, the Hyena boots, the dingy grey/white wife beater and the ghost hunter mask (think that's the grey one), and now I am a murderhobo.

• Options
    I kind of think that instead of selling early access as an exclusive feature, they should sell extended access to a feature if that would be of more benefit.

like, expedition week one early was wasted. an extra week with all the locations open though? that would have been much better.

• Options
    I kind of think that instead of selling early access as an exclusive feature, they should sell extended access to a feature if that would be of more benefit.

like, expedition week one early was wasted. an extra week with all the locations open though? that would have been much better.

That would have royally pissed people off. Honestly the year one pass giving you the instant unlock on the extra specialization is the bigger value add at this point.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

That would have royally pissed people off. Honestly the year one pass giving you the instant unlock on the extra specialization is the bigger value add at this point.

yeah, that's probably why they don't offer extra access in that form.

I got the scuba suit and now I have abandoned immersion. Kinda miss the spacesuit. Used to wear the hat all the time.

For Lullaby/Sweet Dreams, to get it to 500 GS I'd need another Lullaby/Sweet Dreams? Which ever one is the preorder one, how would I even go about getting the other?

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »

yeah, that's probably why they don't offer extra access in that form.

I got the scuba suit and now I have abandoned immersion. Kinda miss the spacesuit. Used to wear the hat all the time.

For Lullaby/Sweet Dreams, to get it to 500 GS I'd need another Lullaby/Sweet Dreams? Which ever one is the preorder one, how would I even go about getting the other?

I believe the outcast boss exotic drop is that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SaarSaar Registered User regular

You’ll need the 500GS blueprint, whatever the odd pieces of steel, titanium, receivers, etc. and an exotic shard.

The easiest way to get an exotic to deconstruct is to farm for the chatterbox or exotic pistol. I find the pistol the easiest as it’s guaranteed drop if you follow the order and can be completed on story / hard so it’s a cakewalk while solo.

• Options
    oh, I already completed both of those, and have the BP and other mats, the only thing missing is the a) 250+ Score Lullaby or b) the exotic shard.

As I've yet to see any of the pieces for the quest exotics drop again post building them, I don't want to dismantle those and I haven't seen repeats the drop ones again yet either.

• Options
    SaarSaar Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Put the pistol in storage and then do the capitol on story mode. Look for the exotic part to drop. If you get it then do the rest of the pistol quest on hard. You don’t have to do the fourth part as you already have the pistol blueprint.

I’ve done this multiple times (although I usually store my extra exotics on an alt) to upgrade exotics pre guaranteed max 500GS drops.

Saar on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Ah, Ill have to give that a try then

edit: of course capital is invasion this week...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    aw... the animu The Division 2 opening was taken down with a copyright claim. OP updated. *sigh*

• Options
    Got the exotic gloves drop. Not quite sure what to make of them, have a high skill/explosive damage build I am using. Likely will use with seeker mine flame thrower turret

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Got the exotic gloves drop. Not quite sure what to make of them, have a high skill/explosive damage build I am using. Likely will use with seeker mine flame thrower turret

which mission did you farm? or did you get it naturally?

• Options
    darkmayo wrote: »

which mission did you farm? or did you get it naturally?

Drops from camp white oak off the last boss (at least I think it only drops from him) wasnt really farming just doing a daily challenging on it. I’ve certainly done the mission a few times but nowhere like when I was trying to farm the hyena rifle.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Today, Manning National Zoo is all of my dailies...

• Options
    was a minor patch released during this maint.
    Maintenance notes:
    • Added a fix that should improve issues with audio degradation, audio cutting out and audio distortion.
    • Fixed an issue where Razorback would not count as destroyed when defeated in Operation Dark Hours.
    • Fixed an issue that could reset raid progression when the raid leader left the group.
    • Fixed several Collectibles showing on the map even if players had already collected them.
    • Fixed an issue which prevented Year 1 pass owners from accessing further Classified Assignments when completing Nelson Theatre Hostages while in a group.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    SOTG returns and has deets on the itemization/gathering changes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WQel_ZYes

Key points:
    Brand Sets will have an item for all 6 slots for better flexibility
    Gear Sets will only require 4 items to max out
    Gear Sets will have a talent added to chest and backpack (unknown if this will be retroactive)
    Re-calibration will allow you to put a talent onto an item that can't roll it, provided the base item matches (eg some chests can't roll Unstoppable Force but you could put it on via recal)
    Zones and Missions will have a gaurenteed/higher chance of dropping a specific class of item (eg ARs) on a daily rotation, there's enough locations to allow for a targetted farming of an item type.
    Named items are being improved, also Named armour is being added, should be a halfstep between High End and Exotic.

Stash Space increasing to 300.

Good stuff imo, the 4 piece gear set change in particular sounds ace.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Very nice indeed, I really disliked how the gearsets where setup cause they out right sucked ass compared to what you could assemble yourself.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    wow, they floated a tweet about reducing set requirements to 4 many months ago. good to see they decided to make it so.

not as enthused about recal change because it doesn't really address the core limitation with recal though.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Just tweeted out a text version as well for better reference

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/355223/the-division-2-state-of-the-game-recap-etf-echo-feedback-tu6-gear-and-loot-updates-pts-build-soon

I'm wondering if the 6 piece versions will make a return in a Classified-type ultra set down the line, but for now it's a good change I think. Also missed that the raid-exclusive sets will no longer be raid only, but the head/holster/gloves/knees are being added to the general pool, the chest/back are apparently the "best" bits now with the extra talent so they are remaining raid only.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    oh wow, were they putting up summaries of their own all this time? I'd just been checking the reddit vs my notes if I watched.

• Options
    I don't know if it's new but I think it's more likely that loot tweaks are a big enough deal that they needed addressing like this

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Apparel Event 4 went live yesterday, and runs from Sept 24 - Oct 15.

The reward for it all spaecsuit!:

4v5mpxhznobq.png

Really want the helmet. More info here.

Important detail because they are making time spent on the events more meaningful and trying to wrangle in that loot dilution:
    INTRODUCING CHANGES IN OUR CACHE SYSTEM

Starting with this update, we are introducing a few changes to our Apparel Caches system.

First, as mentioned above, the Event items will no longer be going into the Standard Apparel Cache pool right after the event. This should give more meaning to the items for players who were active and participated during the event.

The Standard Apparel Cache is also undergoing a few changes. For context, at the release of the game, Standard pool contained a high number of cosmetic items. Each subsequent Apparel Event also increased the number of items in the Standard Apparel Cache, to a point where that high number created a situation where it has been increasingly difficult for players to chase and target specific items in this ever-expanding pool of items.

With that in mind, we will be reducing the number of items in the Standard Apparel Cache to around 100 items. This change will happen at the very end of the Explorers Apparel Event (October 15). We are planning to communicate the list of items that will be leaving the Standard Apparel Cache pool a week earlier – stay tuned!

Removing items from Standard Apparel Cache does not mean they will never again be available to be earned through gameplay activities. The Standard Apparel Cache pool will go through periodic rotations, and the items that at some point are not in it, will return at a later date.

Perhaps they could also add more free variations in the world too at some point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Removing duplicates would be nice.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    looks like ill take a break from Borderlands 3 and fire this back up again for the update.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    SOTG has some pretty big stuff in it, expansion 2 will have some fairly significant weapon changes, notably shotguns are getting changed to have armour damage rather than melee damage. Weapon archetypes are planned to be brought a lot more in line as well, so say most LMGS should have roughly similar damage over an engagement

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/356565/the-division-2-state-of-the-game-recap-apparel-event-pts-feedback-and-an-overview-of-tu6

Also no more stacking talents like hard hitting (and I guess the hazard protection one etc), you'll only get the benefit from one.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    Logged in, opened the free cache and then it said it was expired?

• Options
    Really wish they kept fixed amounts of mod slots for all gear in. So annoying getting gloves without any slot in the brand I like.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    Really wish they kept fixed amounts of mod slots for all gear in. So annoying getting gloves without any slot in the brand I like.

If you're talking about Division 2, your expired Free cache could have been from the apparel event from a few months back. There have been 2 so far and if you haven't logged in since then those caches are now expired.

Also, in terms of mod slots for your gear. Some equipment never spawns with more mod slots. They are going to clarify this in Title Update 6, Episode 2 where you can look at the map and hunt for very specific gear. So that's going to be addressed soon.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    I've done all the events so far, the new one let me open the free caches then said it was expired after. but subsequently began to function normally. though I guess popping ranks has a lower chance of getting the boxes, given there are only 30 this go?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Update is Oct 15, expeditions will be returning (will be open for 2 weeks then, then go on a down two weeks, up one week cycle), diamondback will return every time.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    So it looks like the event drop rate for keys has been lowered. People are only seeing 1 key for every 10+ prestige levels. Not sure I will be able to complete the whole set.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    BitTWist wrote: »
    So it looks like the event drop rate for keys has been lowered. People are only seeing 1 key for every 10+ prestige levels. Not sure I will be able to complete the whole set.

here are others saying they got 0 on one character and 5 on the other, through the course of their play too.

The best way seems to be to complete the project on multiple characters, not that I am doing that.

In the SToG they said they'd say more about the drops Friday.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Yea not sure I quite get this event.

"HOW ARE KEYS EARNED?
    Keys for the Apparel Caches can be earned from the following sources:

Weekly Apparel Projects: three keys each
    Chance to drop when reaching Field Proficiency upon each level after 30
    Chance to drop when reaching Dark Zone Proficiency
    Direct purchase with Premium Credits"

PHASES
    Here is a detailed breakdown and availability for Explorers:

Event Live—September 24th to October 8th. During this period, Event keys can be earned from the sources listed above.
    Event Closing—October 8th to October 15th. If you have leftover keys available, be sure to use them now, as the event uniform can only be obtained until this period ends! You can use your unspent keys, as well as purchase additional ones to get all the Explorers event apparel. Please note that Explorers items will not be available in the Standard Cache pool at the event's close, but rather return at a later date.
    Post Event—October 15th onward. The Explorers items will not be available in the Standard Cache Pool but rather return at a later date.
    Remember, Event Caches do not contain duplicates and all items yet to be collected can be viewed in the Apparel section in-game. For more information on Apparel Caches and Event Caches, visit our Year One Update blog.

So... the event closing part.. it makes it sound like you cant get more keys during this phase by playing the game, only by buying them. That is pretty fucking seedy and I was likely going to buy some credits to get any bits I was missing but I now I dont want to reward Ubisoft with cash if that is how they are going to do these events now.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041