As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    A game of thrones

the thrones are the drivers seats

excuse me but I must hereby inform you that you have infringed upon my trademark for a competitive pooping game which I effected by writing it down on a postcard and mailing to myself

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Was the game where it was San Francisco, but you were actually in a coma Need for Speed?

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    On the one hand I'm disappointed that Spelunky 2 won't be out this year, but on the other hand there's a walrus in a cocktail dress in one of those screenshots and he can take all the time he needs.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Was the game where it was San Francisco, but you were actually in a coma Need for Speed?

Nah, that was Driver: San Francisco.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »

Which fuckin ruled, by the way

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Ubik wrote: »
    A game of thrones

the thrones are the drivers seats

excuse me but I must hereby inform you that you have infringed upon my trademark for a competitive pooping game which I effected by writing it down on a postcard and mailing to myself

that checks out, my humblest apologies

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I hope Indie devs all band together for a class action lawsuit
    Surely it affects the AAA companies too?

Yeah, but I don't feel sorry for them.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »

Which fuckin ruled, by the way

There was a significant lack of exceptional arcade racers between Burnout: Paradise and Forza Horizon 3, but it was probably the best to appear in that gap.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing opinions from folks here, because Austin’s opinions on RGO kinda dampened my enthusiasm for the game a little, but I feel he probably went into it looking for something different to what I probably am.

It's a Rebel Galaxy-ass Rebel Galaxy game. It's got similar flight control to No-Man's Sky, but a little tighter and less floaty, maybe? The first ship you get is a real clunker so the first couple fights are not very exciting, and it doesn't have broadsides at all so I'm not even sure if they're a thing anymore (I've done zero research)
    Anyway, if you liked the first one, you're probably going to like this one too.
    Also this has a much more solidified story. Before I recall it being very, "Read this screen, now read this one" and at least this game has actual voice actors that tell you what's up.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    I hope Indie devs all band together for a class action lawsuit
    Surely it affects the AAA companies too?

Yeah, but I don't feel sorry for them.
    I was jes thinking about the weight that a big AAA company could put on G2A.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing opinions from folks here, because Austin’s opinions on RGO kinda dampened my enthusiasm for the game a little, but I feel he probably went into it looking for something different to what I probably am.

It's a Rebel Galaxy-ass Rebel Galaxy game. It's got similar flight control to No-Man's Sky, but a little tighter and less floaty, maybe? The first ship you get is a real clunker so the first couple fights are not very exciting, and it doesn't have broadsides at all so I'm not even sure if they're a thing anymore (I've done zero research)
    Also this has a much more solidified story. Before I recall it being very, "Read this screen, now read this one" and at least this game has actual voice actors that tell you what's up.

It's fighters this time, not cap ships, so no broadside volleys.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Karoz move to the Omnipresent Owlbears in exchange for Ranger/Paladin Brolo, a deal that most thought benefited both agencies.

I can't be mad joining a team name like that.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Goddamn the keyboard/mouse controls for RGO are dogshit. I just thought I'd dip in for a quick taste before dinner and I could barely fly. I'm also flying on veteran for that old school feel, so no assists. Thankfully I made sure to have a gamepad before buying the game.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Goddamn the keyboard/mouse controls for RGO are dogshit. I just thought I'd dip in for a quick taste before dinner and I could barely fly. I'm also flying on veteran for that old school feel, so no assists. Thankfully I made sure to have a gamepad before buying the game.

Didn't you read the FAQ?
    Q: Can I use mouse/keyboard?

A: Yes and it's remappable and it's fine but please god just use a gamepad

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »

Didn't you read the FAQ?
    Q: Can I use mouse/keyboard?

A: Yes and it's remappable and it's fine but please god just use a gamepad

Yes, that's why I made sure I had a game pad. I didn't think they'd be THAT bad though. I didn't want to go scrounge it up from the living room and the switch for a quick pop in. Lesson learned!

webguy20 on
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    A Call to Haul [Ass]
    A Wish to Whiz
    A Use for Whoosh
    An Urge to Surge
    A Charge to Charge
    An Obligation for Acceleration
    Gotta Go Fast

An Urge to Surge is great. I just want to acknowledge that.

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Did you know that GNOG is available for free on the Epic Store?

Did you know that it is pretty effed up how good GNOG is?

• Options
    GNOG?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    GNOG!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqughBp0S4w

It is a series of amazing little puzzle boxes/heads.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »

It's fighters this time, not cap ships, so no broadside volleys.

Ah, that's the term I was looking for. Thanks!

Also, I tried this last night with the Steam controller and it just refused to recognize the input, so I had to dig the good ol' XBOX One controller out of the cabinet

• Options
    I was gifted Hotline Miami back in... uh... 2012. I can't remember if it was my brother or someone here, but I finally pulled it out of the backlog and picked it up to play and I'm kinda enjoying it more than I thought I would? I was kinda intimidated because I heard it was quite twitch-skillful in the pre-Dark Souls era. But so far I'm coping alright and this game is kinda good, huh?

I vaguely remember conversations from 5 years ago when everyone talked about subtle differences between the masks, but the finer points are lost on me so far. Interested to see where this neon rainbow nightmare leads as well. Somehow I've either avoided or forgotten any spoilers expect 'the violence is supposed to disturb you', and that's about all I remember.

Rubber masks!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    dang

i picked up Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, but turns out my old xbox 360 controller has got a hell of a lot of stick drift, and i'm just spinning

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    ok, i seemed to fix it in other places, but in rebel galaxy itself, it's like the stick doesn't recentre itself in any direction, so i'll start turning in one direction and then never stop

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    "If you catch fire, run. You'll burn faster."

Good lord I am so down for NFS's brand of raceboi bullshit. Plus, it looks like maybe it's in Miami and I can't turn that down.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    More pre-Gamescom trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvAv5YBbco&feature=youtu.be
    The Eternal Cylinder trailer ( open-world survival adventure )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6h4lLEpp0
    King's Bounty 2 ( turn-based medieval fantasy strategy/tactics )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0s4YnKomoQ
    Curse of the Sea Rats (hand-drawn ratoidvania sidescroller)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDA5iYi_TAU
    Rock of Ages 3 (funny couch co-op racing sandbox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kod8VNj69A
    Atrio: The Dark Wild (Indie, Singleplayer, Dark, Survival, Open )

Brolo on
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The Eternal Cylinder appears to be set on the fake fraud planet from the No Mans Sky trailer

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Out today!

Aug 15 - Shortest Trip to Earth (FTL-like, Simulation, Strategy, Adventure)

Aug 15 - Ion Fury ( Retro, FPS, Female Protagonist )

Brolo on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I quite enjoyed Kings Bounty. Didn't even realize there was a sequel in the works. Excellent.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    It's funny that they're naming it King's Bounty 2, even though there have been...what, 5? More? games in the series

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I've played a lot of King's Bounty, across the various games. I really, really like them. Basic HOMM framework with realtime overworld movement (incl. blessed Pegasus flight to cheat long distances), satisfying turn-based combat, great feedback loop on building power through leveling, gear, and new troop acquisition and all in a charming, cheerful Euro-jank wrapper.

The trailer for KB2 is the most generic of generic bland fantasy nothingness. Obviously, the game could retain its humor and charm, but going by that trailer there's cause for concern that they didn't understand the appeal of the humor and weirdness the first one had.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    I assume that the trailer is made to rope in audiences who are into dat fantasy. I would be very surprised if they abandoned the tone and humor of the series

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

Damn, I guess Superhot did pretty well if they’re getting into publishing.

Fake edit:
    Here’s a press release.
    https://superhotgame.com/superhot-presents/

• Options
    If that means even more Frog Detective, I am on board!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options

uh

gamer rubber ducks?

here's some gamer rubber ducks

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Gonna take a gamer bath with my xbox gamer soap and you can’t forget the gamer duckies

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

uh

gamer rubber ducks?

here's some gamer rubber ducks

Just in time for all this gamer girl bathwater I bought!

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Alright after some initial issues with the HOTAS controls in Outlaw I've set up Voice Attack for the bindings and now I can say LOCK TARGET and POWER TO ENGINES and my life is now 100% easier

• Options
    I can't decide if the rubber ducks are better or worse than Funko Pops

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Feels like something that'd be an april fools' joke aimed at funko pops if it weren't real.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
This discussion has been closed.