As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I have opened Dover's (Schrödinger's) Gift.

<snip>

Someone had to take the bullet! Thanks @MNC Dover , for the extreme gifting.

Star Wars episode 1 Racer. That's a game I've not heard in a long time.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Crosscode NG+ is coming September 13th.
    newgame-plus-dialogs-2-600x338.png

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I had Bad Rats gifted in my hopper for over a year.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I had Bad Rats gifted in my hopper for over a year.
    That would not be possible on Steam any more .
    Nowadays if a Steam gift is not redeemed in 14 days it is automatically cancelled and refunded.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    ok wow. Newegg has Vermintide 2 for under $7 US.
    @Karoz @destroyah87
    It's even cheaper on AllYouPlay and 2Game. Both are listed on IsTherAnyDeal so they should be legit sites:
    https://isthereanydeal.com/game/warhammervermintideii/info/

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    McMoogle wrote: »
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Oh, are we gifting people again? That never happens here...

I believe right now we're in quantum state of gifting. Technically Koopah has both been gifted and not gifted at the same time. Until they open their e-mail thereby collapsing the state.

You or your various familiars should be adequately acquainted with this postulate.

Wait.

So if we just never open our emails, we're never actually gifted?

I approve of this loophole you've discovered!

At the same time, though, you are never not gifted.

... and how is that different from my current situation?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Gifting Pixie will reset things to normal.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    ok wow. Newegg has Vermintide 2 for under $7 US.
    Karoz destroyah87
    It's even cheaper on AllYouPlay and 2Game. Both are listed on IsTherAnyDeal so they should be legit sites:
    https://isthereanydeal.com/game/warhammervermintideii/info/

Why does it at us, precious? We returns to schools soon.

No moneys here!

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    And I already have Vermintide 2.

steam_sig.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    jhtrjh27dbfa.png

@JaysonFour is up to shenanigans again, you see.

Shenanigans.

Thanks! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Yes, Shenanigans are Afoot.
    8dkpem85ifb0.jpg
    kdddln1axb6a.jpg
    Thank you @JaysonFour

steam_sig.png
  • DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    See, gift Pixie and gifting is back to normal.

2b6.png

Dirtyboy on
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m very tempted by Ion Fury, I love duke and shadow warrior and such but I’m not sure how much of that is just specific nostalgia that might not translate to a brand new game

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Oh man, GUN has a crazy cast - I thought I recognized Brad Dourif, but Ron Perlman is in it, too! And Lance Henriksen! And...Kris Kristofferson, with the sleepiest performance.

Don't forget Tom Jane.

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Oh man, GUN has a crazy cast - I thought I recognized Brad Dourif, but Ron Perlman is in it, too! And Lance Henriksen! And...Kris Kristofferson, with the sleepiest performance.

Don't forget Tom Jane.
    Sir Thomas of Jane needs to be in everything.

steam_sig.png
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I think it was someone on these very forums who made a post once about the situation of finding yourself with so many games that you could never play them all - "My childhood dream has become my adult nightmare".

• TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Oh nice, Ion Fury is out! I'm still sampling DUSK (game really rewards playing a mission at a time and taking time to digest it as they're really distinctly creative) but very keen to reinstall that. Wait your turn, Amid Evil!

steam_sig.png
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    RIP Ion Maiden, long live Ion Fury.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Don't forget Tom Jane.

That must have been in that weird period of his career when he wanted to be known as Tom Jane instead of Thomas.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Oh yeah, thanks to HiT BiT for taking over the steam thread.

Trying to think up clever titles is far too stressful.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    God the final boss battle in Wolfenstein Youngblood is obnoxious dogshit solo. I am so fucking tired of games with supposedly optional co-op that clearly haven't bothered balancing their single player. Don't design a boss fight that needs flanking and then give me an AI companion that doesn't flank.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    God the final boss battle in Wolfenstein Youngblood is obnoxious dogshit solo. I am so fucking tired of games with supposedly optional co-op that clearly haven't bothered balancing their single player. Don't design a boss fight that needs flanking and then give me an AI companion that doesn't flank.

At the very least, the ai should put on a grass skirt and do the hula

Oh hai Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

Oh hai Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Happily 100%-ed Peace Walker in solo, never felt it was a problem. Hell, I've been fine with the AI for most of Youngblood, it's just that if you were deliberately trying to design a boss fight that exposed the weaknesses of the AI companion and all the related systems like the revive mechanic, this is what you'd come up with.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    I predict a single player patch where the AI companion starts singing broadway hits

https://youtu.be/4-L6rEm0rnY

Because if this song needed anything, its dead nazis

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »

Don't forget Tom Jane.
    Sir Thomas of Jane needs to be in everything.

I just finished watching his part of the Expanse series and he knocked it out of the damn park

• MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    My game collection problem is that I keep falling in love with games that don't technically end unless I just...stop...playing. And we all know that makes no sense, so the next conundrum is playing the right games when I take a break from whatever endless game has my attention.

So naturally this time around I took a break from one game without end to play...a different game...without end.

I'm so good at this!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    That's better than forcing yourself to play games you don't enjoy though

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

That's better than forcing yourself to play games you don't enjoy though

That reminds me, I'm uninstalling how to survive because I stopped having fun

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I am pleased to report that everything in the Jackbox Humble Bundle works just perfectly on Linux.

Also that Surviving Mars is amazing. Like, it's surprisingly easy to get into and play, but has so much depth. And time just vanishes when you're playing it. I'm probably going to hammer away at this for the next week or so, maybe sprinkle some HoF 2 in there as well.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Mudzgut wrote: »
    My game collection problem is that I keep falling in love with games that don't technically end unless I just...stop...playing.

RfAMDG2.jpg

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Oddly, I've found the number of games that interest me has really gone down in the last 10 years or so. Hell, I'm replaying Hollow Knight right now, which in itself isnt abnormal i guess, but The recent steam sale I bought at least a half dozen things and havent brought myself to touch most of them. I use to buy something from the gamestop on a weekly rate or so. Very little interests me these days. Looking forward to Code Vein, and the next From software game...Luigi's mansion, animal crossing, Links awakening. thats about it this year thats got my eye.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    My game collection problem is that I keep falling in love with games that don't technically end unless I just...stop...playing. And we all know that makes no sense, so the next conundrum is playing the right games when I take a break from whatever endless game has my attention.

So naturally this time around I took a break from one game without end to play...a different game...without end.

I'm so good at this!

I'm having that issue. I'm going back and forth between GTA Online and Red Dead Online at the moment (both on the Xbox). I can't get into a headspace to play something with a story (and, relatedly, an ending) at the moment for some reason, and "futz around in an open world just doing whatever" is hitting the spot.

I don't know why, and although I'm enjoying those - despite the chores and busywork they involve - I'm slightly troubled by this because I can't think why. (And by the thought of "I don't think I can focus on a story for any length of time... so I'll play something where a session can easily be three hours". Makes no sense when I think about it.

Conversely, I did replay Splinter Cell Blacklist a few weeks ago, though, and that was like slipping on a comfy old pair of jeans or something.

So I dunno. Anyone been through similar?

Huh, I actually did beat it on solo because when I was with a teammate we both just get melted.

Still a slog fight though.

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I still like playing through Super Mario World every couple years.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

I'm so good at this!

I'm having that issue. I'm going back and forth between GTA Online and Red Dead Online at the moment (both on the Xbox). I can't get into a headspace to play something with a story (and, relatedly, an ending) at the moment for some reason, and "futz around in an open world just doing whatever" is hitting the spot.

I don't know why, and although I'm enjoying those - despite the chores and busywork they involve - I'm slightly troubled by this because I can't think why. (And by the thought of "I don't think I can focus on a story for any length of time... so I'll play something where a session can easily be three hours". Makes no sense when I think about it.

Conversely, I did replay Splinter Cell Blacklist a few weeks ago, though, and that was like slipping on a comfy old pair of jeans or something.

*Looks up from the WoW Classic countdown timer*

Hmm? Oh, no. That sounds awful. First rule of thumb is to just not get into games like that.

*Brings eyes back to the timer*

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular

I'm so good at this!

I tend to rotate through gaming moods. Sometimes I'll be really down for some sort of competitive multiplayer of the moment, so CS:S, CS:GO, Rainbow Six Siege, PUBG, Red Orchestra 2, Rising Storm 2, etc. Sometimes I'll be down for single player games, like a JRPG or something. Sometimes I'll be down for an MMO, so some FFXIV. And sometimes I'll be down for an open world action game (Yakuza, Assassin's Creed, Spider-man, etc). And this'll usually last for a few months.

And then sometimes I just get tired of games for a bit and spend a couple months just watching anime or Netflix or whatever and bingeing like 7 season long shows.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I mentioned it earlier in the thread or late last thread, but I've been struggling to make time for games lately, and when I do it is an 'endless' game like Hearthstone, or Auto Chess, or Apex. I have a huge backlog of games that I would love to play at least try out, but sometimes after a long day of work I just want to play something a bit mindless and not jump into a huge narrative.

I honestly can't wait to play Cross Code and Gato Roboto though, both of those look awesome.

KoopahTroopah on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I mentioned it earlier in the thread or late last thread, but I've been struggling to make time for games lately, and when I do it is an 'endless' game like Hearthstone, or Auto Chess, or Apex. I have a huge backlog of games that I would love to play at least try out, but sometimes after a long day of work I just want to play something a bit mindless and not jump into a huge narrative.

I just sent you a bunch of perfect games to fill that void in your life. Into the Breach is perfect for burst gameplay without getting slogged into a story. Episode 1 Racer is woo-hoo, old-school fast racing (and surprisingly good!). Can't speak on the cat game, but it looked like a metroid game, so take that for what it is.

My recommendation would be to stream some Into the Breach. I'd tune in and offer up advice if you're stuck.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
This discussion has been closed.