As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Trying to figure out how much dust I can get to make a few more legends/epics. Would you dust these legendaries?

Gonk
    Chameleos
    Krag'wa
    Griftah
    Harbinger Celestia
    Hack the System (warrior quest)

I have those, plus a bunch of wild epics and gold cards. Most cards that are wild and I've kept, I've kept because I just like the look, but if I can fill out newer decks, meh. Right now, I am liking:

Murloc Pally (don't have Finley)
    Highlander Mage (don't have Siamat, Luna's Pocket Galaxy, King Phaoris)
    Midrange Hunter (no new cards from current set in this deck)
    Murloc Shaman (no new cards from current set in this deck)

What I have:

I've been thinking about crafting:
    -Siamat
    -King Phaoris
    -Dinotamer Brann
    -Armagedillo
    -Wild Bloodstinger
    -Tortollan Pilgrim/Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron (2nd copies of each)
    -Livewire Lance
    -Vulpera Scoundrel

From the new set, I have:
    -Druid Quest
    -Warrior Quest
    -Reno
    -Zephrys the Great

Thoughts? I'm just over here calculating how much potential dust I can have to use. Just thinking outloud.

edit: So, I have estimated around 6485+ dust I could get. I might just bite the bullet, but not sure what else I NEED to craft. Like, I want Luna's, but that rotates next year! I feel like Siamat needs that for Highlander, no?

So, I am sitting at about 7k or so dust, with more to be had. I wound up dusting most of my wild cards (commons, rares, etc).

Crafted Luna's, Siamat, and Phaoris. And then I went and dusted a shit ton of stuff from previous sets (wild) and I am at like 11k dust now. Haha.

I need like 2-3 legends (subject 9, brann, something else), 1-2 epics (rat trap and lucha trap guy) to play secret/highlander hunter. I need 2 legends for warrior (armadillo and "pick 5 cards").

Should I go craft crazy? I have a bomb warrior deck already made. That makes me want to configure a shaman deck, but I feel like shaman isn't great right now?
    So the quest shaman is super fun, but warrior is amazing. It's just so good.

Warrior with the armadillo/taunts? Like, that armadillo card just looks cool. I don't even care what it does or if it is good. Ha.

I have murloc shaman and paladin (no legend pally mulroc) already made.
    I mean pretty much everytime I see an armadillo deck it's tough to beat. It's like a regular warrior deck only with Armadillo, Frightened flunky, and tomb warden. And I either get lucky and they can't curve well, or I get lucky and they don't have a clear in their hand when I flood the board...That's it.

I guess I'll craft those two then.

Should I forget secret/highlander hunter for now? I felt guilty crafting Luna's when it is rotating next year. I feel the same way about Subject 9. But I do like hunter. I don't know if I see Brann lasting in future expansions.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I always find Arena a bit tougher right around an expansion release. My guess is that "casuals" are too busy blowing their resources on packs and playing with new decks to bother with it till constructed settles down and gets boring again. So I wouldn't get too demoralized about performing bad right around now.

Either that or I'm just slower to learn how to Arena new sets.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I'm also heavily considering just dropping the game since I haven't had any fun since the expac dropped. And investing time into getting gud so that I can enjoy the game again isn't enticing to me.

It's also a good thing to be able to recognize this and step away! This game sucks and it's good to take as much time as you can off before relapsing.

Yeah the game isn’t going anywhere. I still lurk and post here occasionally but I’ve played maybe a handful of times in the past 4 months and rarely for longer than 20 minutes. The game just isn’t doing it for me right now, and I’ve also gotten heavily into magic so other stuff is scratching the tcg itch.

But if/when the game looks cool again, I’ll come back.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Has anyone had the joy of seeing the animation interaction of new reno VS Frothing Berserker? I grew old and died while it was happening.

They just keep doing these things.

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Arena does feel way bombier than it used to. A lot of games ended via one person dropping an epic or legend that instantly blew the game wide open.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    ...I didn't know you could get a draw.

It's like 45 turns deep the game just auto-ends.

3clipse wrote: »
    this is hell.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    yvz0oz8496pz.png

Brann showing up right on time.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

this is hell.

my sig already made this joke!!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    yvz0oz8496pz.png

Brann showing up right on time.

I feel like this sold me to craft the remaining 2x legends, 2x epics I need to play this. Haha.

I went 2-0 with Tauntdillo Warrior. Liking it!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Honestly, I used to say wait until crafting or dusting until the meta shakes out, but lately the discovery process of new expansions is literally the best part of the Hearthstone ladder bar none... not playing the best most refined meta decks that come out afterwards.

So really, just craft and play what you want IMO. Enjoy your time playing decks that feel interesting to you in an uneasy meta, and the game will be vastly more interesting than playing the same handful of decks against each other again and again.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    yo this is the SECOND TIME i've unpacked a golden dark pharaoh tekahn

• Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    Honestly, I used to say wait until crafting or dusting until the meta shakes out, but lately the discovery process of new expansions is literally the best part of the Hearthstone ladder bar none... not playing the best most refined meta decks that come out afterwards.

So really, just craft and play what you want IMO. Enjoy your time playing decks that feel interesting to you in an uneasy meta, and the game will be vastly more interesting than playing the same handful of decks against each other again and again.

This is good advice.

Like, I'm seeing lots of warriors, so I'm playing quest paladin when I want to rank up (and sometimes quest paladin is boring as, but other times super fun), but often going to plot twist warlock or big paladin or various other kinda janky but fun decks. Cause it's fun.

Maybe in a few weeks the sweet sweet food for quest paladin that is warrior will disappear and I won't be able to play it anymore and win. Or maybe it'll become a tier 1 meta deck and I won't like it that much cause I see it everywhere and everyone techs 8 million silences and board clears. I don't know.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm already seeing people running Owl in Warrior again.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SerpentSerpent Sometimes Vancouver, BC, sometimes Brisbane, QLDRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I'm already seeing people running Owl in Warrior again.

If quest paladin becomes popular i wonder if they'll run 2x owl 2x spellbreaker.

• Options

this is hell.

WHAT WHEN DID YOU REPLACE ME

hmph i see how it is

HMPHHH

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

this is hell.

WHAT WHEN DID YOU REPLACE ME

hmph i see how it is

HMPHHH

My tastes are fickle. Ephemeral. Transient.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I can't decide whether I wanna craft the rogue quest

it seems like the thief/quest rogue is pretty good, but I've been burned by quest rogue before

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'm missing a lot of crucial Warlock cards, both for Zoo and Quest (although I do have the Quest card, blegh), so I let Brode take the wheel and the autocomplete gave me a Highlander Zoo deck.

I played 6 games (2-4) and didn't get to play Zephrys once. The only game I drew him I was against Bomb Warrior so he was disabled. :|

forty on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    PSA: Tune in to Twitch this weekend for a couple free SoU packs. Looks like it actually starts Thursday night in U.S. time.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    BSoB wrote: »
    Has anyone had the joy of seeing the animation interaction of new reno VS Frothing Berserker? I grew old and died while it was happening.

They just keep doing these things.

I made this mistake but in addition to the berserker there was an armour smith as well.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options

it seems like the thief/quest rogue is pretty good, but I've been burned by quest rogue before

Here's quest winrates at all ranks as of yesterday (sourced from a r/hearthstone mod):
    d6lw7Ne.jpg
    and at 5-Legend:
    dOB8AwX.jpg

First VS report of the expac will be out in 4-6 hours as well. General gist is if you aren't copying eggs then your deck probably doesn't have enough value to beat Mage and Warrior though.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Here's quest winrates at all ranks as of yesterday (sourced from a r/hearthstone mod):
    d6lw7Ne.jpg
    and at 5-Legend:
    dOB8AwX.jpg

First VS report of the expac will be out in 4-6 hours as well. General gist is if you aren't copying eggs then your deck probably doesn't have enough value to beat Mage and Warrior though.
    ...so your saying I shouldn’t have disenchanted making mummy’s.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Secret no dupe hunter is really strong. had a nice run (still unbroken) since yesterday when i started laddering with it. few times zephas has saved me early or given me a king krush late for finish.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular

d6lw7Ne.jpg
    and at 5-Legend:
    dOB8AwX.jpg

Nice, the two quests I popped are in the bottom three.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

d6lw7Ne.jpg
    and at 5-Legend:
    dOB8AwX.jpg

Oh man, absolutely not. That hero power is crazy good in mech paladin. Giant Eggs attached with Zilliax getting copied every turn is crazy value.

• Options
    i'm still curious about how hunter quest would perform in mech hunter

i feel like that deck has enough tokens that it could maybe work. you'd have to run double UTH and probably the 7 rush scarab spell? but i think it could work. would be one hell of an activator for flark...

but i don't have the quest and i ain't crafting it

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    ShadowofVTShadowofVT Robot Overlord Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

d6lw7Ne.jpg
    and at 5-Legend:
    dOB8AwX.jpg

Nice, the two quests I popped are in the bottom three.

I feel you, I literally have the bottom 3 and that's it. The only other lenegdary I've gotten was finley.

• Options
    i'm still curious about how hunter quest would perform in mech hunter

i feel like that deck has enough tokens that it could maybe work. you'd have to run double UTH and probably the 7 rush scarab spell? but i think it could work. would be one hell of an activator for flark...

but i don't have the quest and i ain't crafting it

Playing a magnetized mech isn't summoning a minion so your primary means of pushing damage doesn't progress your quest.

• Options
    VS Report #137

Class Populations (4-1):
    XB98l47.jpg?1

Matchups (4-Legend):
    pyyC7sF.jpg

Meta Rankings (4-1):
    XoDGlTg.jpg

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Well shit, that's gonna jump up the Combo Priest frequency, for sure.

I guess if it shifts the meta from Control Warrior to Aggro Warrior that's not entirely a bad thing, but jeez.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    I beat a dillo deck with zeph.

God that was amazing, he had a dillo with 2 other super beafy taunts up. and what do you know mass dispel (silence all enemies). I also had options for blood lust and black knight.

That card is so good. And with murlock Paladin it has gotten me to lethal a few times.

• Options
    edited August 2019

d6lw7Ne.jpg
    and at 5-Legend:
    dOB8AwX.jpg

Oh man, absolutely not. That hero power is crazy good in mech paladin. Giant Eggs attached with Zilliax getting copied every turn is crazy value.
    Good news, I apparently didn't. I guess I disenchanted the priest quest. And I made zeph with that a black knight and a bunch of epics that weren't in meta.

zepherin on
  • Options
    I was waiting for that VS report and 100% agree that combo priest is the best deck in the game currently

Cheap too

• Options
    About to lose to a quest priest as taunt warrior. This is....frustrating.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Wow yeah, Priest is about to jump in frequency. I'm really really surprised that Mage is almost 20% played.

• Options
    That just means now is the perfect time to run a counter deck and feed on all the inexperienced people picking it up.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    That just means now is the perfect time to run a counter deck and feed on all the inexperienced people picking it up.

Aggro Warrior and Highlander Hunter!

Oh hey, my two decks

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    yeah highlander hunter is one to buy stocks in this coming week

• Options
    Highlander decks are just so expensive.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Here's a new type of Pally deck that Jambre was using:

2nAwA=.png

AAECAaToAgKvBKCAAw7PBq8H4QeNCMXsAtn+At3+AsidA7WfA8ikA/2lA5WmA5amA/2nAwA=

I like the concept of getting the Glowstone and then just jamming down 1 cost with the Carpet buff.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy