As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Safe Budgeting App

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
Does anyone have a recommendation for a safe, not recently hacked, budget tracking app?

I have a droid phone.

There was an Intuit app, which I nearly put all of my bank data into. I'm glad I did not, as they were hacked.

I'm looking for something to help me track some expenses. I have made a budget with monthly expenses, but I could benefit from something easy to keep me honest with my "fun money."

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I mean mint/intuit is good but this is the first time I've heard of intuit customer data getting hacked?

There's also YNAB (now a SaaS platform), GnuCash, HomeBank, and a whole bunch of others

I personally just use a google doc spreadsheet myself.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I mean mint/intuit is good but this is the first time I've heard of intuit customer data getting hacked?

There's also YNAB (now a SaaS platform), GnuCash, HomeBank, and a whole bunch of others

I personally just use a google doc spreadsheet myself.
    I second using a google doc spreadsheet.

I also have one of my bank accounts with the ability to view and transfer money to all of my others as well as all of my credit cards.

• Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    I second YNAB, it's pretty great and as far as I know it's not been hacked.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    I thought mint was part of Intuit, which was part of quicken. I might be mistaken

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Mint is part of Intuit, yes. Quicken was part of Intuit until 2016

• Options
    Getting mint set up, thank you for the reassurance

Something is not quite right yet, as it shows me at -900 for the month of August, but I'll getting it figured out

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Getting mint set up, thank you for the reassurance

Something is not quite right yet, as it shows me at -900 for the month of August, but I'll getting it figured out

yeah the +/- of their budget stuff is a little wonky until you've been using it for 3-4 months

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I don't recall the specifics, but I had similar numbers issues when I first started using Mint. I believe they can't pull back data, or can only pull a limited time period.