As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Thx

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Thx

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I have all my fingers crossed for a podcast for this one.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Song choice in the eCard seems somehow appropriate.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    E3 2020 swag: Free credit monitoring and an extra hour in the ball pit.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    John MatrixJohn Matrix Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »

Are the podcasts even a thing anymore? I thought they ended in 2018

• Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    They live on in the ClubPA Patreon offering. Given increased managerial duties they had to justify a way to keep doing them because of time commits, I believe is the rationale I heard. So, they're now offered via subscription to the Patreon pledge levels, among many other things

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular

Vladimer wrote: »
    They live on in the ClubPA Patreon offering. Given increased managerial duties they had to justify a way to keep doing them because of time commits, I believe is the rationale I heard. So, they're now offered via subscription to the Patreon pledge levels, among many other things

They've just done an AWFUL job of letting people know. I just don't understand how they can't take a few minutes to put maybe two lines on https://www.penny-arcade.com/podcasts/show/dlc to let people know that.

I didn't know for like six months and assumed they had been abandoned as well. Then I happened to get a message through to Jerry on a stream and that's when I found out. Subscribed to Club PA right away. They're letting money just run down the drain for want of a couple of lines on a website.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    ClubPA is pretty cool now yall. Lots of additional content like the podcasts to enjoy. I suppose I should also point out that there is also a 1USD "forumer" tier if you just want a way to support the forums and don't care much for the rest of the PA franchise.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    dennis wrote: »

They've just done an AWFUL job of letting people know. I just don't understand how they can't take a few minutes to put maybe two lines on https://www.penny-arcade.com/podcasts/show/dlc to let people know that.

I didn't know for like six months and assumed they had been abandoned as well. Then I happened to get a message through to Jerry on a stream and that's when I found out. Subscribed to Club PA right away. They're letting money just run down the drain for want of a couple of lines on a website.

huh, TIL [edit] I guess the lack of website update corresponds with the main pages' "new comics every weekday" when two of those strips haven't been updated in 2 and 3 years.

John Matrix on
  • Options

huh, TIL [edit] I guess the lack of website update corresponds with the main pages' "new comics every weekday" when two of those strips haven't been updated in 2 and 3 years.

Yeah, I love the folks at PA and love all the work they put into what they make. But they give short shrift to the actual website that most people see as their public face and point of entry. Shows that haven't been on for years (literally, years) being treated as "current" (tune in every Monday to First 15!), comics that aren't updated anymore, linkage between stuff like the AI video series from 2016 and the rest of the AI content, etc. And that's leaving out actually putting front and center all the twitch content and games like Thornwatch, AI Clank, and books they produce these days. If you didn't already know it is in the shop and you're not already plugged into the PA culture, you may never notice it all.

I know keeping a website updated isn't a trivial job, and finding good help is really tricky. But it's their public face, and it's just getting more and more out of date as the years go by.

• Options
    Exactly. I certainly don't expect them to remove content from the site that they co-created or helped support, but there's a limit to presenting it as new content.

I think that PAX in all its guises takes up so much time and is probably the main source of the company's profit that the website isn't a major priority.

I think Levin created the new layout? I don't know if he just rented space or worked for PA, but I don't know who runs anything now. With Khoo and now Fehlauer leaving I don't know who is driving the boat.

I miss PATV for many reasons, but having a clue who works there doing what was a nice benefit.

• Options
    I miss PATV for many reasons, but having a clue who works there doing what was a nice benefit.

To some degree, the stream has stood in for that function. But it has to be someone who works there and likes playing games on camera (or hanging with those who are).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gabe just committing casual murder in panel 1.

• Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

To some degree, the stream has stood in for that function. But it has to be someone who works there and likes playing games on camera (or hanging with those who are).

I was stoked to see Checkpoint return on LRR’s site and YouTube. But I still miss Blams and other updates from K-Straub & Kurtz.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options

Just noticed something else that's rather startling. There are two main in-house ads below every comic. They are the same size, and as large as the third-party ad to the right of them. One is for the C-Team, the other is for
    TEMP_dlc.jpg

New episodes. Even though there have been none for over a year now.

• Options
    The dump trucks dropping off the PAX cash are very distracting; give them a break.