As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Whoops I forgot to post that here :3

Reaaaaaal surprised the first non-lord banner has Hubert on it. I didn't think anyone but me liked him? :P (while we're getting characters only I like, can we get Linhardt too? :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Hubert is cool in an evil vampire sort of way. I think his voice actor is really good, though that goes for most of the Three Houses cast.

No surprise they are adding more 3H characters. I'm looking forward to death Knight's art and skills though, he might be worthy of my next grail project now that Naesala is +10.

edited August 2019
    I'm surprised it's Three Houses if only for the leak of the Legendary Hero. I'm guessing that hero's game is coming next month instead (next month's new banner is close enough to the legendary one at the end of the month that they can tie together).
    Which is, of course, Geneaology, probably specifically the children if it's Julia (and frankly we have barely any Geneaology second gen in the game as it is... it's like, Seliph, Julia, Ares, Lene... technically Leif, Nanna and Finn but they are counted as Thracia...

I was trying to guess at the lineup but it's a bit difficult given most of the popular choices are sword users and IS likes to spread out the colors now. I think Altena is 100% a sure thing though (you can't go wrong with a Wyvern Rider :P). Shannan and Tine seem like possible choices (though Tine is a bit tricky if Altena is a lance user, since I feel like you can't have her using a different tome color than her mother... Plus thunder tomes are always blue in Heroes...). Larcei would be a sure thing, but she's a sword which conflicts with Shannan, so I don't know (I mean, she's literally Ayra Jr.). They like to balance out the male/female ratio at least a little (that is, they aren't gonna have a banner with 4 women). Though I guess Shannan is teeeeeecccccchnically not a "child" unit so maybe he doesn't fit their criteria here (it depends on if it's "second gen characters" or "children of first gen characters"). Maybe Ced works though. I feel like it will be some combo of those five. With maybe one being a TT reward.

Edit: Actually, I think that might work.
    -Larcei (red)
    -Altena (blue)
    -Tine (second blue, they do this sometimes...)
    -Ced (green - I mean, of course he's gonna have Forsetti)

Then Shannan could be the TT hero. Orrrrrr if we're not counting Shannan, throw Patty in as a colorless dagger. Then you could make Altena or Tine the free hero and you'd have a balanced color selection..

Edit:

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are they blowing their 3H wad awfully fast? Two consecutive GHBs AND two straight forging bonds with not much gap?

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    edited August 2019
    Durinia wrote: »
    Is it just me or are they blowing their 3H wad awfully fast? Two consecutive GHBs AND two straight forging bonds with not much gap?

Eh, they did the same thing with Echoes. They ran Alm and Celica banners simultaneously (Alm/Lukas/Clair/Faye & Celica/Mae/Boey/Genny) and then did two more next month with Delthea, Grey, Mathilda and Sonya, Leon, Saber. Then Berkut GHB, Tobin and Clive TT rewards and an Alm/Celica BHB :P (edit: Looking back at this, damn, this spammed this way more than I remember them doing at the time... and yet VALBAR STILL ISN'T IN THE GAME)

They're just trying to promote the game. Besides, there's sooooo many characters to add they might as well spam them while the game is new :P

Warlock82 on
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    That's not the same VA for Petra, is it? Her attack special in particular sounds nothing like her in 3H.

edited August 2019
    Delzhand wrote: »
    That's not the same VA for Petra, is it? Her attack special in particular sounds nothing like her in 3H.

It is definitely her, but yeah, it sounded really off to me too. I wonder if they rushed her through the lines or something.

Fun fact, she also voices Lene in Heroes :3 Also, Hubert is freaking Tobin, I still can't believe that (also friggin' Professor Willow from Pokemon Go and Prompto in FF15.. jeez)... IS looooooves its stable of VAs :P

(also for the love of god avoid Behind the Voice Actors if you don't want Three Houses spoilers T_T I made this mistake and am now sad because I saw the VA of someone and it spoiled a thing...)

Warlock82 on
    Close counter Raven tome refine for Boey? Wooohooo... Excludes dragons, which sucks, because he could wreck the infinite +10 Nowis patrolling Arena Assault.

I managed to somehow get +ATK Petra on my free pull and then +ATK Mercedes immediately afterwards o_O Hilda came pretty quickly too, but then Hubert was a jackass and refused to pull for a bit. All of them had pretty great IVs tho so I'm happy about that (Hilda was +SPD/-DEF and Hubert was +ATK/-SPD.. the -SPD is so-so but he's kinda slow anyways and it'll be gone if I get another copy)

I got female adrift Corrin with a ticket. Blah, not exciting fodder. Atk spd rally+ I guess?

Hero fest has been very cruel to me. Instead of Tibarn, all my efforts have yielded a Nah and a Celica. I still hadn't figured out how to fodder my first Nah! At least I like Celica and it made her +2 and bumped up Attack.

Wow, so Petra's stats are really bad, huh? 32 attack is terrible. Her speed is amazing, but the only units with SPD-based specials are L!Alm, L!Marth, Sothis, and Ayra, and I don't even think any of those are inheritable.

What a shame.

Yeah she doesn't impress me much either. Unless she is fighting a beast she won't be that strong. Particularly don't like that A skill. I'd rather have Swift Sparrow 3 or attack speed solo.

• ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I decided to only use the free summon and tickets on this banner. Ended up getting a -spd flying Nino! I already have one with the same bane, so will probably merge them as all of her skills can be found elsewhere.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Yeah she doesn't impress me much either. Unless she is fighting a beast she won't be that strong. Particularly don't like that A skill. I'd rather have Swift Sparrow 3 or attack speed solo.

yea but the point of her skillset is stick her near people with higher stats and she gets crazy buffed

camo_sig.png
    edited August 2019

Edit: whoa, no seasonal banner this month? They must be trying to push more Three Houses (or else it's related to the leaked legendary)

Warlock82 on
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    My free 5-star luck continued yesterday with a 5-star... Nowi. :P Well, it could be worse.

Also, about no seasonal.... isn't Brave Heroes this month?

If so, I wonder who the TT reward could be...

Dr. Flamingo on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I’m tempted by summer Micaiah. Hopefully I can get what I want from CYL 3 and have some orbs to go after her.

CYL on the 16th?

Getting my second Eir seems to have made a huge difference. Getting 161 points for a flawless and even 141 if I lose someone... I'm ranked 299 right now and still have 70 aether.

Of course it can all go to shit at the last minute, but so far I still haven't used a single ladder either. I have three main tanks, and all of them are insane now with the double stat boost from Eir. Null C Hawkeye for all those firesweeps and Yunes and dazzling, steady stance 4 Caineghis, and special spiral Ike (love Earth season). Tibarn galeforce with Velouria cooldown reduction if it seems untankable.

Would be cool to finally get a golden throne, so we'll see!

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Well the free pull luck strikes again! I really am pulling quite well, even if it is hard to get excited about -sigh- an extra Siegbert.

yea my free pull today was a +atk/-res arya. alright game.

camo_sig.png
    Free pull was a 5*... Quan?

I guess it checks another box in the Catalog of Heroes. Could be worse.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Wonder which units are gonna get Blarfox and Gronnfox. Annette and Lysithea, maybe?

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Wonder which units are gonna get Blarfox and Gronnfox. Annette and Lysithea, maybe?

is there another 3 houses banner coming?

camo_sig.png
    I'm sure they will fill out the fox tomes just as soon as someone gets red serpent :P

mts wrote: »
    Andy Joe wrote: »

is there another 3 houses banner coming?

I wonder honestly. I think they might not, but it's hard to say, they may want to spam them while the game is new

N9w4fivk5q2ax.png
    Not bad for my first week with 2 Eirs! Just missed top 1k and tier 27, but the incremental rewards aren't much. Just good to finally have a golden throne.

I consistently do terrible in Aether Raids now. I'd like to improve but it's also a pain in the ass so I dunno how.

Lost Lore is kinda a nothingburger of a mode, isn't it?

Lost Lore is kinda a nothingburger of a mode, isn't it?

I'm a bit disappointed literally the first thing you do is "wait 20 hours" :/

• RoyallyFlushedRoyallyFlushed Registered User regular
    It's literally just a little side mode where you ship off units for some meager free rewards. I don't mind it being added but it's definitely nothing to get excited about.
    On the other hand, I am kind of ready for the CYL3 banner. Going to try to pull either of the ladies then use the freebie on the other one.

edited August 2019
    It's literally just a little side mode where you ship off units for some meager free rewards. I don't mind it being added but it's definitely nothing to get excited about.
    On the other hand, I am kind of ready for the CYL3 banner. Going to try to pull either of the ladies then use the freebie on the other one.

Yeah. It's just, it feels *super* passive. I think they should have found at least some way to make it more interactive. Even if that just means having a pre-canned little cutscene that you catch watch the characters searching (i.e. like the dumb hotspring one at the end of tap battle). Also 20 hours for the first step seems super long. They should at least have *some* that are short (30 min - 1 hour) to make it more involving and so stuff actually happens.

Warlock82 on
    edited August 2019
    https://youtu.be/27i7dXdoX3I

Wow Alm's C skill seems busted

Warlock82 on
    edited August 2019
    And also Sigrun as the TT reward! The non-bridal version! ...She's got a lance with a Fierce Stance 3 effect, and her skills are Swap, Def/Res Link, and Hone Fliers. Glad to see Hone Fliers again.

Also, today was Myrrh Day so I pulled for Myrrh! Got none! I did get a bunch of other 5-stars, tho. Horse Chrom, who I already had at +1, Amelia, who I also had at +1 but I'm a huuuge fan of her so that was good. Bow Hinoka, who is -Atk but I didn't have her, and my first Eldigan... oh god his yaoi fingers.

I'd reeeeeally like to +10 my Myrrh so... I should start saving I guess. She's at +5 currently.

Dr. Flamingo on
    Hallelujah, a non seasonal TT! I like Sigrun, but already have a +10 Clair.

The real story is sturdy blow seal. A way to get +4 attack on initiation? That's new... Might go to my Klein.

edited August 2019
    Sturdy Blow, you say? That's pretty worthwhile. Death Blow 2, without the option of 3, is a perfectly acceptable seal on its own, so the defense boost is just icing.

Oh, and I cleared a few Chain Challenges to keep pulling on the Myrrh banner! I finally got one, so I'll stop for now, even if I still have 4 to go... That being said, I got quite a few 5-stars for under 300 orbs:

-Bow Hinoka
    -Horse Chrom
    -Amelia
    -Eldigan
    -Brave Ephraim
    -Horse Chrom again
    -Myrrh, finally

Only one Reyson tho. My quest continues!

Dr. Flamingo on
    edited August 2019
    For some reason was not expecting another TT so soon. I haven't been paying close enough attention to the calendar :P

Sigrun feels like such a random choice. Not that I am complaining, except for the fact that it's yet ANOTHER lance flier... it's like, come on game... But Tellius? So random given who we know the legendary hero is... (edit: Oh right, Brave Micaiah... still, that's 1 out of the 4 :P)

The seals are ok but kinda meh. Nothing stand out amazing but nothing super duper bad either

Edit: Also, if we're repping Micaiah Sigrun is a weird choice. I'm real surprised it wasn't someone from the Dawn Brigade
    "Is it the Dawn Brigade? No, it's just a bird" :3

Warlock82 on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Managed to pull a Myrrh from the daily banner without spending too many orbs. Got nothing else to say about that.

"This way!" "That way!" "This way!" "That way!"

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    edited August 2019
    Random thought - why on earth did they start with Mystery of the Emblem for Lost Lore? I feel like this is just going to confuse the shit out of people more than anything since it features 99% of the same characters as FE1...

(also I have come to the realization I hate their weird naming of places like "The World of Mystery" - no, it's god damn Archanea, get it right! Edit: The only place this is acceptable is in Fates because they never bothered to name their world... either that or call it "Google Maps")

Edit: Wait, I am reading through the pages I unlocked... this is the fucking story of Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light.... (aka FE1) -_- IS... what are you doing? Look, I know Mystery of the Emblem is a confusing mess of like 4 different remakes of FE1 paired with FE3 in Japan but come on....

It's also not very well organized TBH. I'm not quite sure what they're actually doing with this - it reads more like a backstory for Camus than anything...

Warlock82 on
    edited August 2019
    I noticed this morning that one of my LL teams got distracted and didn't finish scouting, resulting in a reduced result. One of my teams this morning has been running for about 7 hours with no progress. Should I cancel and send someone else out? Is that the "game" of this mode, knowing when to abort a mission?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It only updates when they report back. I forgot that the teams have progress shown because they were running yesterday.

Delzhand on
    I noticed this morning that one of my LL teams got distracted and didn't finish scouting, resulting in a reduced result. One of my teams this morning has been running for about 7 hours with no progress. Should I cancel and send someone else out? Is that the "game" of this mode, knowing when to abort a mission?

Edit: Oh, nevermind. It only updates when they report back. I forgot that the teams have progress shown because they were running yesterday.

Are you sure? I had one that had just a tiiiiiiny bit left after 20 hours. I ended up sending them on 4 hours to finish it off.