As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    Can't figure out how the killing Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground thing is supposed to work. I killed about a dozen pilots while they were flying. None of the ones that warped in counted and only two of the four that I killed after getting their attention counted. After a half hour I just bailed because I was still only at 2/6 kills.

I'm pretty sure you need to blow up the Dargyn first, then kill the falling pilot.

...I hate that this is likely the case.

Here's a trick - as long as they're in the air, it counts. You can bring Nidus, tentacle the pilots into the air before they get into their ships, and shoot them while in the Larva.

Zephyr and Rhino also work good for that one.

steam_sig.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Ianator wrote: »
    Can't figure out how the killing Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground thing is supposed to work. I killed about a dozen pilots while they were flying. None of the ones that warped in counted and only two of the four that I killed after getting their attention counted. After a half hour I just bailed because I was still only at 2/6 kills.

I'm pretty sure you need to blow up the Dargyn first, then kill the falling pilot.

...I hate that this is likely the case.

Here's a trick - as long as they're in the air, it counts. You can bring Nidus, tentacle the pilots into the air before they get into their ships, and shoot them while in the Larva.

Loki with his Switch ability.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    So the Stalker jumped into a mission last night, got murdered and dropped a blueprint for the Smoking Body Ephemera. Unfortunately, it requires a Vitus Essence. Just how bad are Arbitrations, and is it possible to taxi someone in if they haven't completed the star chart? Based on what the wiki says, I don't need to win, just complete one rotation.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So the Stalker jumped into a mission last night, got murdered and dropped a blueprint for the Smoking Body Ephemera. Unfortunately, it requires a Vitus Essence. Just how bad are Arbitrations, and is it possible to taxi someone in if they haven't completed the star chart? Based on what the wiki says, I don't need to win, just complete one rotation.

Can't taxi AFAIK. Difficulty varies, it mostly takes time.

Infested are the easiest enemies, and extractions are the quickest mission type.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular

Just one Vitus Essence?

I am not sure if I can taxi someone in who hasn't completed the starchart, but I can try. I am very good at Arbitrations. I believe I have the skill to go for 50 or more rounds of Excavation, except that I find it extremely boring to do that.

However, I would not suggest Excavation if you just want the one Vitus Essence, because Excavaction is where the hardcore people go to do the long rounds (TL;DR -- because you can run multiple Excavators at once, a very talented group can halve or even quarter the time it would normally take). Thus, you run the risk of running into hardcore people who get annoyed at you. My suggestion is to run Defense or Interception.

For better info on Arbitrations, see this Discord:

https://discordapp.com/invite/ekR98w8

Since you don't actually have access to Arbitrations yet, that Discord will also tell you what the current Arbitration is, and where. If you are going for a casual run, you want to *avoid* Infested Excavation; that's the gold standard for hardcore runs.

Basically, if you are only doing one rotation (10 minutes of Defense, basically), it's not much harder than a Sortie. Just don't die. Inaros is not as good at this as he seems and his passive doesn't work in Arbitrations. Just pick whatever 'frame you die on the least, make lots of use of Operator mode to cheat death.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I really gotta do some more arbitrations, though I should probably find a group since the last one I popped in to, someone either died early on or just left the mission and it was for an interception mission so that became a fluster cluck.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
    Thanks guys. Back to the star chart it is.

Oh god, this means I have to do that awful Rush mission on Phobos, doesn't it?

Currently Playing:
  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    However, I would not suggest Excavation if you just want the one Vitus Essence, because Excavaction is where the hardcore people go to do the long rounds (TL;DR -- because you can run multiple Excavators at once, a very talented group can halve or even quarter the time it would normally take). Thus, you run the risk of running into hardcore people who get annoyed at you. My suggestion is to run Defense or Interception.

It's also where you run into people who think they're hardcore and tell people not to shoot enemies so that their Khora can snag them in their strangledome...except the enemies were Corpus who were more than happy to shoot the extractors from long range.

That one didn't last very long.

steam_sig.png
    Well looking over the EXTREME arbitrations guide, it looks like I have some new goals!

Thanks guys. Back to the star chart it is.

Oh god, this means I have to do that awful Rush mission on Phobos, doesn't it?

Having the Itzal Archwing helps a LOT with that nonsense. GOTTA GO FAST.

To the rest of you, any time you guys wanna do an EXTR33M Arby's, I'm down. Though I really can't stand going for longer than an hour (the people who do six to eight hour runs are out of their god damned minds)

But yeah my current goal is getting more Vazarin and Magus Lockdown.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Arbitrations aren't actually any more difficult than other high end stuff

You can revive and be revived now too, just have to pick off 5 arbitration drones or something

I just only bother doing them when there's a roll in a frame i find interesting because it's fairly dull at halved rewards endless missions

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I was in an infested excavation run where arbitration drones apparently just stopped spawning. The two surviving players lasted a few more rounds on their own. I'm actually not sure what ended it, I didn't recall them running for extraction. Usefully enough, since I was still technically in the game I continued to get the rewards.

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Some of these riven challenges...

Catch one fish, mine one gem and kill one enemy within 30 seconds?

How about fuck oooooooff :P

This one is actually easy. Go to the big lake. Find a site with fish and gems nearby. Fish, then fast pop the gems then quickly hurry off to the nearby grineer base and murder

Yeah, when I did this one, the timer seemed... generous. No complaints here.

"Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht

This one is actually easy. Go to the big lake. Find a site with fish and gems nearby. Fish, then fast pop the gems then quickly hurry off to the nearby grineer base and murder

what i do is i just aggro a grineer patrol as rhino and then fish and mine while they impotently shoot at me

I just finished the War Within ... and it sent me back to the Purge Precept. What the actual fuck.

Currently Playing:
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Didn't we used to be able to set a primary and secondary focus? or am I thinking of some other game... o_o

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    Sigh. Exiting a 40m long Infested Survival in Jupiter with a Nekros in the team and my computer hard-locks. Beaucoup Hexenon (at least 250) just... gone. Just... gagh.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
    ironsizide wrote: »
    Sigh. Exiting a 40m long Infested Survival in Jupiter with a Nekros in the team and my computer hard-locks. Beaucoup Hexenon (at least 250) just... gone. Just... gagh.

i guess that hexenon was more like hexenoff

Orphane wrote: »
    ironsizide wrote: »

i guess that hexenon was more like hexenoff
    Your avatar is so perfect for this post.

Currently Playing:
    Didn't we used to be able to set a primary and secondary focus? or am I thinking of some other game... o_o

It didn't actually do anything. Instead, your Way-Bound passives are always active once you turn them on (make sure you turn them on in all your Schools!)

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    So for months and months now I have been using Spy missions and the Dark Sectors to level up weapons. But spamming Equinox's 2 before trying to spin to win into a room full of sleeping mobs has added a new level to this.

I am finding it fun to bump into new ways to play this game the longer I play it.

Orphane wrote: »

what i do is i just aggro a grineer patrol as rhino and then fish and mine while they impotently shoot at me
    I got this riven requirement as reward for TWW, only mine also requires me to have an Extinguished Dragon key.

On the topic of War Within: I like the lore stuff and the new gameplay stuff it opens up, but oh my goodness I really did not appreciate that the advice you get during the (admittedly not terribly dangerous) climactic is just straight-up wrong.

And of course the Replay Half the Quest bug wasn't great either.

OTOH, Ordis is legit funny in that quest.

Currently Playing:
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The climax gives incorrect information? What'd they do, change something about spoiler mode and forget to update the quest that debuted it?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Something about the enemies, actually.
    The Kuva Guardians originally required you to use Void Blast to stun them then Void Dash to disarm them. Now just one or the other will disarm them.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    The climax gives incorrect information? What'd they do, change something about spoiler mode and forget to update the quest that debuted it?

Iirc from when I did it, the instructions you're given by the npc are close to what you're supposed to do, but the intuitive application of it just flat out does not work. I had to hit the wiki, and was like "i guess you could interpret it that way. "

steam_sig.png
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Warframe is terrible at explaining things" is practically part of the brand identity at this point, like Bethesda's bugginess and EA's soulless exploitation of absolutely everyone at all levels of the process.

"Warframe is terrible at explaining things" is practically part of the brand identity at this point, like Bethesda's bugginess and EA's soulless exploitation of absolutely everyone at all levels of the process.

In fairness, I'll happily take "kinda bad at explaining itself" over "gets a negative space wedgie and deletes your save file" or "HELLO INSERT 4 QUARTERS TO CONTINUE. THANK YOU! YOU HAVE TAKEN 4 STEPS, USER; THAT IS YOUR ALLOTTED STEPS. INSERT 4 QUARTERS TO CONTINUE. THANK YOU! YOU HAVE TAKEN FOUR STEPS AND ATTEMPTED TO FIRE A GUN. EACH STEP IS 25 CENTS, BUT BULLETS ARE $5 EACH. WHAT IS A 'STORYLINE.' REMEMBER: OUR DEVS HAVE LITERALLY NOT SEEN THEIR FAMILIES IN SEVEN YEARS, AND DO NOT SLEEP, SO THAT YOU CAN RECEIVE THIS CONTENT! THEY ARE PAID 0.00001% OF EACH TRANSACTION, SO SPEND MORE!"

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'm not saying I've played Nier: Automata, but if I had played Nier: Automata, the idea of Tenno sacrificing their rank/connection to the Void to save other players or the Origin system would be a perfect capstone to the whole experience.

I'm very much against character death for the sake of shock value or ratings boosts, but I think thematically it works since the Tenno/Warframes are functionally immortal.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Well, I finished the Second Dream quest and I need an opinion based on the screenshot in the box.
    JnpXJC4h.png

Does he look alright? I'm worried over potential douchebag vibes.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    It's OK unless he's named Chad or Owen.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    does Multishot do anything on beam weapons? I got a Multishot riven for the Gaze, but I don't think that's doing anything :(

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Noooooo?

Owenashi on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    does Multishot do anything on beam weapons? I got a Multishot riven for the Gaze, but I don't think that's doing anything :(

Increases critical chance and damage I think. It definitely does something.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    However, this behavior is not universal to all weapons. In continuous weapons, the additional "pellets" spawned by Multishot do not generate additional instances of damage, but instead merges into the main beam's damage ticks allowing each regular tick interval (based on the weapon's fire rate) a chance to roll bonus damage in multiples of itself, similar to how Critical Hits function with a 2.0x multiplier.

NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Iirc from when I did it, the instructions you're given by the npc are close to what you're supposed to do, but the intuitive application of it just flat out does not work. I had to hit the wiki, and was like "i guess you could interpret it that way. "
    To clarify:
    Teshin says, "Break her shield and use your void dash."
    But the shield cannot be broken. What you need to do is wait for it drop on it's own and then Dash. But I spent several minutes uselessly trying to use Blast and Beam to break the shield.
    You're not wrong - but the reason this sucked so bad is that the quest actually does a very good job of explaining the other mechanics it introduces. It clearly tells you how to do stuff, provides immediate feedback to help contextualize and even has a "let's recap" moment at the end.

Currently Playing:
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »

Noooooo?

Lol. Didn't even consciously notice your name. But now I have visions of your character tapping his/her glasses, leaning forward and going "wow"

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

Different game. The most we’ve ever been able to do, here, is spend a whole ton of focus to unlock waybound operator abilities for use by any focus school. Once you do, though, you can fly across those open-world maps in a way that makes Archwing look like snail-mailing your warframe to the objective.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
    Woo, this was quite the challenge!
    zszbf7v8lwuw.png

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

In fairness, I'll happily take "kinda bad at explaining itself" over "gets a negative space wedgie and deletes your save file" or "HELLO INSERT 4 QUARTERS TO CONTINUE. THANK YOU! YOU HAVE TAKEN 4 STEPS, USER; THAT IS YOUR ALLOTTED STEPS. INSERT 4 QUARTERS TO CONTINUE. THANK YOU! YOU HAVE TAKEN FOUR STEPS AND ATTEMPTED TO FIRE A GUN. EACH STEP IS 25 CENTS, BUT BULLETS ARE $5 EACH. WHAT IS A 'STORYLINE.' REMEMBER: OUR DEVS HAVE LITERALLY NOT SEEN THEIR FAMILIES IN SEVEN YEARS, AND DO NOT SLEEP, SO THAT YOU CAN RECEIVE THIS CONTENT! THEY ARE PAID 0.00001% OF EACH TRANSACTION, SO SPEND MORE!"

Though none now live who remember it, there was a time when revives costed platinum. It's the reason I originally bounced off the game.

Made me so angry that it was something like two years before I gave the game a second chance, in fact.

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

Though none now live who remember it, there was a time when revives costed platinum. It's the reason I originally bounced off the game.

Made me so angry that it was something like two years before I gave the game a second chance, in fact.

In the early days you didn't have revives per mission, you had revives per warframe per day. I liked it, and while I understand why the allowed more revives with plat, I wish they just had a hard cap.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
This discussion has been closed.