As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Join the Clan!:
We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mtgw9ynhy72p.jpg

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    New thread. Post in it. Or don't. I'm not your Class Vanguard.

My class vanguard is DEAD! *sobs*

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    New thread. Post in it. Or don't. I'm not your Class Vanguard.

My class vanguard is DEAD! *sobs*

https://youtu.be/qYS0EeaAUMw

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Everyone else when Cayde died:
    mz6eh65hjw7u.gif

Me when Cayde died:
    https://youtu.be/MYuPrdCvndM

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    My favorite taunt for hunters is “where’s your vanguard bro??”. Then I pet the colonel.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    My favorite taunt for hunters is “where’s your vanguard bro??”. Then I pet the colonel.

I wonder if the search for a new Hunter vanguard will be resolved in a future expansion, or if they’ll leave it for a Destiny 3.

Or just never address it again.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I knew what was gonna happen before I hit play. Absolutely hilarious.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    What the actual fuck?

I fully upgraded my Prime synth last week. This week I took a helmet weekly (reaper) and finished it with all T3 level 3 motes and it gave me a god damned illicit version, not notorious.

What the fuck is that shit? And that weekly is greyed out now, so I guess fuck me? I spent all fucking day farming the rest of the god damned set because it gave me 5 class items, 4 chests and 3 boots before finally giving me arms.

EDIT: if this is how it works that's some next level stupid bullshit, and it should actually say on the stupid fucking bounties.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

What the actual fuck?

I fully upgraded my Prime synth last week. This week I took a helmet weekly (reaper) and finished it with all T3 level 3 motes and it gave me a god damned illicit version, not notorious.

What the fuck is that shit? And that weekly is greyed out now, so I guess fuck me? I spent all fucking day farming the rest of the god damned set because it gave me 5 class items, 4 chests and 3 boots before finally giving me arms.

EDIT: if this is how it works that's some next level stupid bullshit, and it should actually say on the stupid fucking bounties.

Yeah, sorta. A bounty gives you the next tier up of helmet you can get. So if you never got any reaper helmets before, you’ll get an illicit. If you got the illicit, it’ll give you an outlawed, etc.

But if you have an upgraded synth, you can get the illicit and outlawed helmets as random drops, without doing the bounty, by wagering weak and middling motes.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »

I wonder if the search for a new Hunter vanguard will be resolved in a future expansion, or if they’ll leave it for a Destiny 3.

Or just never address it again.

The new lore from Vanguard turn-ins last season (I think it was last season) talk a bit about the Vanguard situation, so there might be something there eventually.

Although the lore indicates there's a good chance the Vanguard simply collapses.

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Ground out nearly all of the rare armor today.

7 bounties, 2 Gambit matches, and 9 chests EAZ cheats are all that’s left. So probably 2 EAZ runs the gambits, and a strike or two to finish up.

Would have been done with the bounties already if I could be bothered to remember that all the planetary vendors have them

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

New Shadowkeep info and footage tomorrow.

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Finished my purple armor. My space-hat is off to folks who did it before the EAZ boss adjustment. And on 3 classes? Pure madness.

Cheesing the super kills on Shuro-Chi and the solar strike orbs in a Nightfall are, I think, the only things which preserved my sanity.

Not that I'm ever playing it again but what is the deal with .the Hive Brood Mother boss in the EAZ? That one seems to take for fucking ever.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Finished my purple armor. My space-hat is off to folks who did it before the EAZ boss adjustment. And on 3 classes? Pure madness.

Cheesing the super kills on Shuro-Chi and the solar strike orbs in a Nightfall are, I think, the only things which preserved my sanity.

Not that I'm ever playing it again but what is the deal with .the Hive Brood Mother boss in the EAZ? That one seems to take for fucking ever.

Just in case anyone else needs it - besides Shuro Chi you can do that one adventure on Io where you get infinite super basically. I think it is called " Modern Prometheus"? Double check that.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    squall99x wrote: »

Just in case anyone else needs it - besides Shuro Chi you can do that one adventure on Io where you get infinite super basically. I think it is called " Modern Prometheus"? Double check that.

Yeah, something like that. Maybe Postmodern Prometheus?
    I suspect Shuro Chi is faster. Once I finished putting in the wish code I got, I think, 70ish kills each run. I was at like 20 of the 200 and finished it in less than 3, even accounting for accidentally tossing a pulse grenade into the initial thrall horde on the second run.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    As a psa- solstice boxes drop re-rolled purple solstice armor once you have it.

I had no idea till I stumbled across that. It’s honestly really fucking annoying how little the game tells you about critical stuff like that.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    And finished up Hunter for all three done. Weirdly I actually came up 300-400 short on the 1500 orbs at the end which was a new one on me. Aside from running a story mission with Grenadier I didn't actually bother to sweat those kills. The real bear was the stupid void weapon kills in Crucible. All the exotics to abuse are heavies and the game was aggressively pairing me with folks NOT using void weapons. Well, at least until the last game which was glorious and was like 25+ of the kills.

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    And finished up Hunter for all three done. Weirdly I actually came up 300-400 short on the 1500 orbs at the end which was a new one on me. Aside from running a story mission with Grenadier I didn't actually bother to sweat those kills. The real bear was the stupid void weapon kills in Crucible. All the exotics to abuse are heavies and the game was aggressively pairing me with folks NOT using void weapons. Well, at least until the last game which was glorious and was like 25+ of the kills.

I actually got like 80% of that done this time in Gambit. People invading with Truth etc. Then I just went in with Recluse and got the rest in a single game. Although even without Recluse a Telesto or Erentil would probably get you plenty as long as you get value out of the ammo you spawn with each time.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    squall99x wrote: »

I actually got like 80% of that done this time in Gambit. People invading with Truth etc. Then I just went in with Recluse and got the rest in a single game. Although even without Recluse a Telesto or Erentil would probably get you plenty as long as you get value out of the ammo you spawn with each time.

Yeah, I was trying that whole Erentil life and it was just going nowhere. I suspect it was sorta that map/teams/match but it ended up with like 3 or 4 kills for the match and me super frustrated. Switched over to the Last Perdition and things went much smoother. Still only a total of 4 crucible matches.

Because I was curious about the timing I played with Destiny Tracker a bit and for my hunter blue armor:
    Total Time: Just shy of 8 hours of in session play, not counting frictional load times which would be a good bit and are tracked differently.
    Gambit: 27%
    Crucible: 9%
    Strike: 12.5%
    EDZ Aerial Zone: 21%
    Misc (Patrol/other Story): 28%

Stuff's rounded there. Big caveat that I had about 30 bounties sitting and waiting for as soon as the blue armor dropped so I didn't spend any considerable time chasing any bounties to hit the 50 needed.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    As a psa- solstice boxes drop re-rolled purple solstice armor once you have it.

I had no idea till I stumbled across that. It’s honestly really fucking annoying how little the game tells you about critical stuff like that.

It's really not gonna matter in a month when Armor 2.0 rolls out

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    DIz6NYt.png

We got this done basically first try.

After a couple attempts we completed Fast and Unwieldy (complete sparrow race with a full fireteam without deaths) but it didn't actually trigger. Anyone know of any issues with it?

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    DIz6NYt.png

We got this done basically first try.

After a couple attempts we completed Fast and Unwieldy (complete sparrow race with a full fireteam without deaths) but it didn't actually trigger. Anyone know of any issues with it?

It doesn't list it, but you have to do it while getting the chest

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Do we know if the Triumph Hall and Bad Juju will still be available post-Shadowkeep? I've been holding off on buying triumphs until I get to 80% but I'm only around 30 and am tempted to take a break until launch after the armor grind.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Do we know if the Triumph Hall and Bad Juju will still be available post-Shadowkeep? I've been holding off on buying triumphs until I get to 80% but I'm only around 30 and am tempted to take a break until launch after the armor grind.

Yes, they should be afaik.

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Yes, they should be afaik.

On the subject of the Triumph Hall, I hope they keep expanding it, or carry it over to D3, when it appears.

I really like having my own space, filled with things I’ve earned.

They could add sections for each Season.

Or add a wall, where you can mount all the Exotic weapons and Ghosts you’ve unlocked.

And a parking bay for your ship.

1 flawless raid = 1 key fragment

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Its really fun to see "RandomGuardian has a 5 kill streak!" when 2 of those kills are you. Edit: In the same roaming super because striker is fucking broken

cannot wait for them to nerf super chains into the fucking ground in Shadowkeep

ronzo on
  • CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    ronzo wrote: »
    Its really fun to see "RandomGuardian has a 5 kill streak!" when 2 of those kills are you. Edit: In the same roaming super because striker is fucking broken

Striker and Dawnblade are straight busted. Heal on kill means besides lasting forever they just won’t die

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Very productive weekend for me this time. I'm 3 Gambit rounds from Purple armor on my Lock. Both Titan and Hunter are still on Green but I've made significant progress with both of them. I also got past the tough Gambit step on Rose and got Bad Juju while I was at it. Hopefully I can manage to steal 3 enemy motes and get away with it one of these rounds, as I think that would get me the Chronicler title.

Besides getting the seal which is not going to happen, I can just work on my discount at a non-insane pace to get the Bad Juju catalyst, right? I'm in the 40% range right now.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Catalase wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »

Striker and Dawnblade are straight busted. Heal on kill means besides lasting forever they just won’t die

I didn't think Dawnblade kills cause health regen?

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Some cool stuff being shown off today.

For folks worried about the Elemental-alignment of mods and whatnot, what I saw suggested that the mods granted by progressing a "Seasonal Artifact" are non-elemental (and include reloaders and other fancy shit); so while grinding for Void Arms (or whatever) could get frustrating, you might be able to circumvent that by leveling your Artifact.

More info/footage supposedly coming around 2PM EST.

There are some absolutely spicy leaks for Shadowkeep out and about so be wary on YouTube and the like, guardians

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I saw them, really hoping the
    Crota's End strike
    Is real.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Crota's End strike
    Is real.

There have been no denials, just various Bungie folk saying "that's not being shown today". The map of the moon seemed to confirm some of the details though. Seems like maybe the leak was based on what would have been shown had Shadowkeep not been delayed.

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Crota's End strike
    Is real.
    I hope so too. Crota's End was my favorite strike in the first game!

Arteen on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Man, for all that they seem to stumble with integrating story with actual in game delivery and interaction, they have certainly created a number of story lines in the background/grimoire/item descriptions that paint such an amazing story. I just wish they had people who could write as well on their in game shit as they have writing all these blurbs.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    We talking story spoilers, item spoilers, or mechanic spoilers? Wondering if it is a day off from the internet (story) or a day to hype on internet (everything else).

What I saw was story related

Mostly story from what I've seen so far. I actually think most of the concept has been leaked so far but there is one big thing that I didn't see before:

Story:
    Shadowkeep apparently kicks off with Eris finding a Pyramid Ship long ago crashed in the moon and fucking around with it. Cause she has excellent judgement you see.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Finishers are gonna get tiresome pretty fast if there's just one per class.