As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Awesome Moments] Is My Business – NSF56K

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Deadpool can't beat Captain America but Deadpool can run circles around him.

nvretxx4hl0g.jpg
    jdlo54qbq84l.jpg
    9e07oz52fwgm.jpg
    yfv1pccqxtc6.jpg
    vv4ew4s6mjx5.jpg
    apa989umsy0v.jpg

• Options
    IL1vgw6.jpg

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Forced perspective is best perspective. :biggrin:

• Options
    Wonder Woman and Conan the Barbarian had a crossover recently.
    ffvi3wh84e0e.jpg

It was your usual Conan story with some cliches (Wonder Woman has amnesia oh no!) but I liked one bit where Conan teaches WW how to Conan.

3rk7zgp90o84.jpg
    3dpu6z2fw4i1.jpg
    ohmkbu3xqj26.jpg

• Options
    RoooooOOOM
    klpckwn0mxfc.jpg

• Options
    hz843affbas0.jpg
    3djqwy05qjz5.jpg

• Options
    zxnf0em4ih3m.jpg
    gehnkcd0hovt.jpg
    ipq90uulporz.jpg
    7iph7payvv6g.jpg
    w8k88avdnhp8.jpg
    n1z06kg975gd.jpg
    yybumjaeoid1.jpg

• Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    It's still too fresh to post the caps but it seems that The Walking Dead finally did the thing.

• Options
    Go for the nose, Boo! Go for the nose! RAAAAGH!
    lwp3nfmo4dpk.jpg
    djq2l810tzjl.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Boo missed the eyes...

• Options
    pmm8zdyq4wu9.jpg
    6zgxd5ptsd9j.jpg

• Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl continues to have just so much awesome in it; Ryan North's footnotes are laser-targeted to exactly the types of joke I like:

PHbT6bd.jpg

and then we get this sort of glimpse into alternative continuities:

s1ElbKP.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I want that Ghost Rider!

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Sort of an...aquaman of the dead?

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I was hyped about Uncanny X-Men 6 months ago because Cyclops was coming back, and the annual he came back in was really good. Uncanny X-Men proper, however, became a rushed mess of a book that came across like a bad story also written by someone with ADHD and they knew it would all be reset basically when Hickman took over. People were being killed left and right, characters just disappear, and the art went from Sal Larocca to someone who wasn't even drawing backgrounds, very weak and poor stuff for a flagship book. But the last issue of the series did have this nice moment which had been building for years (ignoring whatever The Return of Jean Grey was):

eKg0TX7.jpg

1faRuwE.jpg

Sorry, Emma-Chan, you're still #1 in my heart, but lol get rekt Wolverine go pout in a Tim Hortons or whatever.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Who is the woman in the bottom frame of the first image? Is that supposed to be Emma being temporarily half bald and black lipstick?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Who is the woman in the bottom frame of the first image? Is that supposed to be Emma being temporarily half bald and black lipstick?

It's Emma, the story up to then was she and the Hellfire Club were forced to work for ONE and capture other mutants and they stuck a bomb in her head to make her comply but then she had it removed but they had bombs in other members of the Club to force her in line. Larocca in other pages and issues showed her with the scar but she hid it with her hair. Those are actually the pages back to back by different artists because editorial seems to just not care anymore, not getting characters the same in the same scene was the least of the book's issues these past few months.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    That's...not great. I mean, it definitely looks like Emma and I would have assumed that except that the next page shows her looking different and she's so clearly Emma there. Geez.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    If you wanted to know how the story of Hellboy ended, it's pretty damn great.
    061_013.jpg
    3lLJq38fQEs4GgQRd25SIDLH0r5n0kTwVLDviVjhsrq8tYunPZ1CetfsNtrNGqqfydkstAiELPrgRctP1P8aypAmymMj5QOlEcfome50Dyl0wv0gdsQf5a23IldFuHs0Cpbr54PSGw=s0
    bprd15c.jpg
    tumblr_pq3zcwDEZT1sq4537o7_540.jpg

In the final run up to the climax, ending spoilers.
    Rasputin returns as the new incarnation of the Odgru Jahad, the Cthulu space gods stand-ins, and the demon Vavara leads the armies of hell on Earth.
    Hellboy kills a resurrected Rasputin, and the Osiris Society destroys what was left of the Dragon. He retakes the Right Hand of Doom from them, ending their plans to rule the new world.
    Abe is killed fighting Rasputin, but his children become the new race of man.
    Liz obliterates the Ogdru Hem, burning the entire world with holy Vril fire. She ends up in a crystal hibernating, becoming a "goddess" of sorts for the new world.
    The world as we know it is destroyed, but the B.P.R.D.'s last stand evacuates enough humans to restart civilization again, in the hollow Earth. Humanity becomes the new legends of history.
    Hellboy is ultimately killed, again, by Hecate, but his blood is the catalyst for the new world.

In short, it's a crazy mashup of myths and legends, and is pretty much what I wanted out of such a long running, quality series. Even if it was a bit rushed.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Rereading Saga and God, so many good moments.de559zf1ddls.jpg

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

.........well. Fuck.

And BBT called it the breast feeding comic.....

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

.........well. Fuck.

And BBT called it the breast feeding comic.....

To be fair, there are a substantially more exposed breasts and breast feeding than the average comic.
    Regardless of that, Lying Cat is one of the best comic book characters, especially considering it only ever says one thing.

• Options
    This bit set in space court is cheesy but I still chuckled.

2kq30j2i652f.jpg
    8ufsi3cebzj6.jpg
    24ln67y6dcua.jpg

Rocket lost that case.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    That's so dumb. I love it.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Al Ewing is an incredible writer.

• Options
    Almost got 'im.
    qvq5mnuvflz2.jpg
    b5c6pg8cjbqi.jpg

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Moments like these remind me of what keep Luthor and Doom from being heroes.

• Options
    t0wku5irbg4c.jpg
    wz8rqw2oap43.jpg

• Options
    4nEynco.jpg

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Lawgiver to Amour Piercing!

• Options
    Probably the best Superman diss I've seen in years that justifies his beliefs without making him look weak.
    Superman-Ultraman-fight.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370

• Options
    eqx460gprtu3.jpg

• Options
    Spoiler for The Boys and gore.
    Colossus has the strength to lift 18-wheelers. This logically should have happened every time he pitched Wolverine for a Fastball Special.
    xdhs2k4xie5j.jpg
    fakebbw01lnf.jpg

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Spoiler for The Boys and gore.
    Colossus has the strength to lift 18-wheelers. This logically should have happened every time he pitched Wolverine for a Fastball Special.
    xdhs2k4xie5j.jpg
    fakebbw01lnf.jpg

oVSL5rU.jpg

• Options
    My God. They did it. The maniacs did it.
    Dark-Nights-Death-Metal-Comic-Preview-Batmen.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=1137

• Options
    I have to say, I really though Dinosaur Batman would be cool enough.
    But then I saw Robot Dinosaur Batman.

• Options
    pepnmgbifq5f.jpeg

• Options
    idkopxfsd5xi.jpg

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Think of all the blood and teeth that thing is covered in

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Think of all the blood and teeth that thing is covered in

Vibranium, in addition to all it's other amazing properties, is also naturally self sterilizing.