As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Armor 2.0: Stats All, Folks! Shadowkeep Drops Oct. 1

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Finishers are gonna get tiresome pretty fast if there's just one per class.

Don't worry there's more.

In the Eververse store.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular

Finishers are going to be a new cosmetic-type, so guaranteed there will be some in the Eververse at release and probably some acquired via activities (i.e. the Raid).

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Specifically, from what they've said, there's mods gained through gameplay that make them do different things (different buffs and effects and such) and there's new animations for the finishers that make them look different that you buy through Eververse.

shryke on
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

It will just depend on how badly you want what they have to offer through mods and the like. One teased from the artifact was
    spend half your super on a finisher to guarantee a heavy brick drops for your whole team.
    So it isn't just a neat visual flourish to kill a weak enemy.

Also as mentioned above - if it is the visual you are worried about - Eververse has your answer.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    Forgive me if I’m asking answered things already but I have a hard time keeping up with the latest for this game. I know all equipment is getting a bump to 750 power with Shadowkeep, but have we heard anything definitive about:

What happens to characters below level 50? Do they get a bump or is it one per account like with Forsaken?

Will there be a way to unlock subclasses that doesn’t involve playing the Forsaken campaign on each character? Is there already that I just don’t know?

Thanks y’all.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Croaker wrote: »
    Forgive me if I’m asking answered things already but I have a hard time keeping up with the latest for this game. I know all equipment is getting a bump to 750 power with Shadowkeep, but have we heard anything definitive about:

What happens to characters below level 50? Do they get a bump or is it one per account like with Forsaken?

Will there be a way to unlock subclasses that doesn’t involve playing the Forsaken campaign on each character? Is there already that I just don’t know?

Thanks y’all.

I believe you can unlock the other subclasses through the Blind Well.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I still haven't unlocked everything on the new Arcstrider subclass. I guess I should do that at some point, but the most efficient way I know (Blind Well) I just don't care about anymore. Though I guess I need to do that still to get Lumina. Bleh.

Just run around doing whatever you would normally be doing with the new subclass equipped. There's really no point in explicitly grinding for any of them beyond the Well of Radiance one (and that because you don't really have a good source of ability kills at first).

I really wish it were easier to change character appearance than starting over from fucking scratch.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

Brody wrote: »
    I really wish it were easier to change character appearance than starting over from fucking scratch.

That's why I leave my helmet on all the time. I made some mistakes when this game launched.

shryke wrote: »

That's why I leave my helmet on all the time. I made some mistakes when this game launched.

Yeah, I think I'll have to go back to that. And also find a nicer looking helmet... Or finally get around to leveling my hunter... which will never actually happen.

I've redone my Warlock twice and my Titan once. Now they look like matching emo space elves. Specifically made my Awoken Female look like Raven from Teen Titans.

Hunter's been the same since D1 launch, he's my boy.
    89kb00ett35r.png

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

Some of these updates are really looking nice, hopefully it delivers.
    And "Nightmare Hunt" sounds amazing, whatever it is.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    I made my Warlock before really knowing anything about the lore, and so I picked Exo because they looked super cool and mysterious, not realizing how straight up DOPE the Awoken lore is.

• taco543taco543 Loser CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I made my Warlock before really knowing anything about the lore, and so I picked Exo because they looked super cool and mysterious, not realizing how straight up DOPE the Awoken lore is.

Every single character that Ive ever made from Destiny Alpha is a awoken. Awoken warlock Master Race

taco543 on
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    All of my guardians look exactly the same, pouty lipped female bald Awoken w/ orange eyes.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Thanks y’all.

Per character, you get 1 new subclass through the Forsaken campaign where you pickup those light feathers or whatever

After that, to get the other 2 subclasses per class, you can:
    - Do a Tier 2+ Blind Well. Tier 2 I think only has a chance still, 3 and 4 are guaranteed
    - Beat the first Last Wish boss
    - Visit Mara's space room on full curse week

As far as I know, they haven't said anything about if this will function differently once Shadowkeep launches.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    That was a huge nothing bit for D2 at Opening Night Live. Awesome looking Vex cinematic, some voiceover from Ikora, and ... that's it. Bleh. I was expecting more than that, but maybe that's on me.

Just a quick aside, I'm almost done with my titans Blue set for solstice and then I can finally start on my hunter. While doing all this still working on getting a full notorious set with my warlock, and dear god do I really just loathe the entire process. It's so stupid. Play Gambit prime to get at max, 2 of the synths that you need, do drifter bounties for a little more synths that you're grinding then gamble 3 in the hopes you get the piece you need.... I hate. I hate so much

Exo still pretty cool.
    eg - https://www.ishtar-collective.net/cards/ghost-fragment-legends#deep-stone-crypt

In terms of interesting playable race it goes:

Awoken
    Exo
    Gnome
    Damp Sponge
    Human

I thought they're going to part of stadias presence too, maybe theres more

taco543 wrote: »
    Just a quick aside, I'm almost done with my titans Blue set for solstice and then I can finally start on my hunter. While doing all this still working on getting a full notorious set with my warlock, and dear god do I really just loathe the entire process. It's so stupid. Play Gambit prime to get at max, 2 of the synths that you need, do drifter bounties for a little more synths that you're grinding then gamble 3 in the hopes you get the piece you need.... I hate. I hate so much

There's a reason everyone hates the entire Reckoning ... cycle and why so few people have the armour.

Just do your best just grinding out T3 reckoning. If you need synths, do the bounties every day. Even the non-gambit ones, they will give them too. Hopefully you can get enough to get the armour in time.

Thankfully I had somehow acquired everything but the head for my warlock before giving up on the Reckoning completely, so I only had to do the weekly quest for the head.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I did that yesterday. I think it took me six T3 reckoning runs to get the complete Notorious Collector set?

Feel free to hate me.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular

I did that yesterday. I think it took me six T3 reckoning runs to get the complete Notorious Collector set?

Feel free to hate me.

Hope I'll have that kind of luck when I grind my notorious armor.

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

Thanks y’all.

Per character, you get 1 new subclass through the Forsaken campaign where you pickup those light feathers or whatever

- Do a Tier 2+ Blind Well. Tier 2 I think only has a chance still, 3 and 4 are guaranteed

As far as I know, they haven't said anything about if this will function differently once Shadowkeep launches.

is there a good resource that can explain wtf is going on in the dreaming city and how to engage with the mechanics there? Like...what is full curse week? When is it? What is the blind well? How do I do it?

I liked the forsaken campaign a lot, and then dreaming city opened up and I had zero direction on what to do there. i would like to open up my other subclasses but really don't know how.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    cursedking wrote: »

Thanks y’all.

is there a good resource that can explain wtf is going on in the dreaming city and how to engage with the mechanics there? Like...what is full curse week? When is it? What is the blind well? How do I do it?

I liked the forsaken campaign a lot, and then dreaming city opened up and I had zero direction on what to do there. i would like to open up my other subclasses but really don't know how.

There are three zone in the Dreaming City. I'll call them the Right One, The Left One, and the Top One. You load into the Left One, the Right One has the new PE with the arc generator shield thingy. If Petra is in the Right One it is low curse week. If Petra is in the Left One it is mid curse week. If Petra is in the Top One then it is high curse week. The Curse level is shown by how taken looking the landscape is. What enemies you face in Blind Well is based on the curse power, Shattered Throne is only available on High Curse Weeks, a bunch of minor stuff changes that I'm not 100% clear on.

Story wise Riven, the Wish Dragon, cursed the Dreaming City to keep playing out the same events for reasons that aren't 100% clear though seem to be maybe tied into Hive Sword Logic Shenanigans.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

Thanks y’all.

There are three zone in the Dreaming City. I'll call them the Right One, The Left One, and the Top One. You load into the Left One, the Right One has the new PE with the arc generator shield thingy. If Petra is in the Right One it is low curse week. If Petra is in the Left One it is mid curse week. If Petra is in the Top One then it is high curse week. The Curse level is shown by how taken looking the landscape is. What enemies you face in Blind Well is based on the curse power, Shattered Throne is only available on High Curse Weeks, a bunch of minor stuff changes that I'm not 100% clear on.

Story wise Riven, the Wish Dragon, cursed the Dreaming City to keep playing out the same events for reasons that aren't 100% clear though seem to be maybe tied into Hive Sword Logic Shenanigans.

ok this helps very very much. but how do you do the blind well? Like, what even is it? Also there's some sort of bounty for challenges that takes an item i don't know how to get???????????

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular

Thanks y’all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9_X587GX18

Something, something, the guardians who defeated Riven were tricked into wishing for protection for the DC, and because of Quaria(sp?) & Dul Incantu with the granting of the wish, the 3 week time loop is set up..... lore, lore, lore, space magic.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

Thanks y’all.

ok this helps very very much. but how do you do the blind well? Like, what even is it? Also there's some sort of bounty for challenges that takes an item i don't know how to get???????????

The Blind Well is always available. You enter it from the Left Area. When you first spawn into the Dreaming City, it's basically the cave straight and a bit to the left. When you start to enter, you'll see it's actually a building, go up the stairs and eventually you'll walk right into the Blind Well area. It takes charges, which there is Tier 1, II, III, and Unstable. You probably have some in your Consumables already. You have to beat a Tier III to be able to then slot an Unstable Charge into the middle pillar. This gives you a Powerful Drop once a week and gives you 50% per completion for the Gateway Between Worlds bounty you can get from Petra. Completing that bounty gives you a... purple crystal, I forget what it's called, that you can bring to the Oracle Engine. Using it on a Full Curse week is more special.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    shryke wrote: »

There's a reason everyone hates the entire Reckoning ... cycle and why so few people have the armour.

Just do your best just grinding out T3 reckoning. If you need synths, do the bounties every day. Even the non-gambit ones, they will give them too. Hopefully you can get enough to get the armour in time.

Thankfully I had somehow acquired everything but the head for my warlock before giving up on the Reckoning completely, so I only had to do the weekly quest for the head.

Yeah this is pretty much my life right now and its fucking driving me to lunacy. Funnily enough the invader set is the one I get the most synths for and am only missing the boots to have an entire set.

Feel free to hate me.

19 runs and still only missing boots. So, yeah.... I hate you. lol

This gives you a Powerful Drop once a week and gives you 50% per completion for the Gateway Between Worlds bounty you can get from Petra. Completing that bounty gives you a... purple crystal, I forget what it's called, that you can bring to the Oracle Engine. Using it on a Full Curse week is more special.

I believe it's called an "Offering"

The oracle engine is found in the left area, by traveling north/up (direction is based on map screen orientation) when you zone in to the DC. When you hit the cliff, turn left/west and head through the cave. Jump across some pits and that's where the Oracle Engine is. To actually use the offering, head inside and climb the stairs to the platform that the techeun is on.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Am... am I the only one that refers to all the locations by name?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Vagabond wrote: »

I was just continuing with DevoutlyApathetic's nomenclature to keep consistent with the quote tree and not confuse cursedking

I do normally use all the proper names: Mistland, Nissan Silvia, and Stephen King's The Strand

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »

I was just continuing with DevoutlyApathetic's nomenclature to keep consistent with the quote tree and not confuse cursedking

I do normally use all the proper names: Mistland, Nissan Silvia, and Stephen King's The Strand

Don't forget the sub-areas Spina Bifida, Lowes Garden Center, and Secluded 3 Bed/2 Bath Cozy Cabin

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Tbh I feel the same way about Dreaming City, it's very cool and well written lore... But obnoxious to actually engage in the content. I never have a Tincture when I need one, with no easy way to buy one without picking up space trash off the ground till I have 50 Baryon.

It's a shame, when it hit was absolutely among the best content in Destiny, but it over time those mechanics kind of hinder new player's experience.

As for the subclass upgrades, I would like to be able to chose to bypass everything by doing New Light on any character. I've never done the Y1 DLCs on either of my alts, and I don't really want to. I ran both characters through Forsaken long enough to get their first subclass unlock, and even got my second unlock for my Warlock. I just don't wanna bother doing the rest to get the remainder unlocked.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I had multiple stacks of purple bush by the time I stopped going there weekly, so I'm set for tincture for a good while.

The place is very symmetrical. There's three main zones, each attached to a side zone and a lost sector. Each of the three side zones have a doorway into the underground area which leads to the dungeon on high curse weeks. It's basically a triangle on top of a triangle.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Oh here's the trailer for the Season btw, different from the other trailers already posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8mC5GaDoyQ

spooky vex milk

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Wait oh shit, the season trailer was leaked TWO YEARS AGO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1XOgzPGKU

So I guess the new season content is based on the old canceled Vex expansion that got leaked from an internal presentation.

Somebody stitched together the moon maps from the trailer into a still image:
    McpH4G5.jpg

Oh wow, 3/4ths of that map is direct from D1. I...want to be happy they'll be bringing old places back but at the same time it is kinda :| for a big yearly expansion.