As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Nintendo] thread is only for perverts now, apparently

MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNBREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in Social Entropy++
Because you see, Super Hot is out now and well anyway

also I'm sorry Whippy I don't know if the Grandia collection is worth it. Personally I feel like $40 is a bit steep for some fairly old games but also I kinda want to play them?? I'm so deep into Fire Emblem and Forager right now though.

Moriveth on

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I bought that thing but haven’t booted it up yet.

Apparently from what little I’ve seen it is literally just those games but prettier with no other real features.

But I’ve wanted to go back and play grandia for a while now so I got it anyway.

• Options
    Also apparently in the German translation they accidentally made it say “fraulein” every time you miss.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    That's amazing.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I got the grandia 2 PC port awhile back and...I dunno, it's fine, but I'm just over JRPGs and I should have realized that one wouldn't be an exception

• Options
    It takes a certain kind of JRPG to appeal to me nowadays

and I really have to be in the mood for it, too. I'm itching to get back to Tales Of Vesperia but I want to finish this run in Fire Emblem first!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I’m still eagerly awaiting the Dragon Quest 11 port despite already putting 130+ hrs into it last year!

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I have acquired Super Hot
    What am I in for

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What am I in for

Super
    Hot
    Super
    Hot
    Super
    Hot

rhylith on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I got the grandia 2 PC port awhile back and...I dunno, it's fine, but I'm just over JRPGs and I should have realized that one wouldn't be an exception

Apparently the HD version is different than Grandia 2 Anniversary, and G2A will receive the HD update in a month or so.

• Options
    For real though you’re in for an experience.

• Options
    super hot is very fun

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting ~~~~yugioh~~~~~

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Super Hot is... super good!

But yeah it's a good time. The story kinda goes up its own ass but in a way I appreciate.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Hey everyone I'm playing Super Mario Odyssey and currently ass-deep into the Luncheon Kingdom and I like this game a lot

sig.gif
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i love super hot so much

i am also way too lazy to play through it again to unlock the neat endless modes after my ps4 died, eating my save file

it's a conundrum

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What is Nintendo?

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hey everyone I'm playing Super Mario Odyssey and currently ass-deep into the Luncheon Kingdom and I like this game a lot

What are your feelings wrt the corn

• Options
    I thought the plot in super hot was insufferable

• Options
    I mean it was

but something about it worked for me

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »

What are your feelings wrt the corn

I kinda wish one of these games would just snap you on top of one of those and let you just run backwards on it without needing to wiggle it loose and stuff first. It's not my favorite feature of that Kingdom, is what I'm saying, but at least there doesn't seem to be a lot of it.

Also not a big fan of how they want you to use those lava tomatoes to get around as a podobo, and there was one turnip I needed to bring back to a stew that was very annoying with how I had to clear the way using a frying pan bro first. I had to restart that one three times.

The bit with the meat was SO GOOD, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    What am I in for

good gameplay, kind of an eh story with a cool presentation

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFeNoTybjF8
    https://youtu.be/8IUVi3shDU0?t=663

The new Mario & Sonic also has a set of 2D events based on the 1964 Tokyo Summer Olympics, using classic sprites. It's pretty good.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i keep forgetting mario and sonic at the olympic games is a franchise

i am so glad that it is, though

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Super Hot via VR for the PS4 is addictive.

It's really fun

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I thought super hots story was cute

If the game was much longer it would have gotten irritating but I thought it worked well as a little short story

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular

Tell me more?

• Options
    Anyone else playing Forager? I'm approaching what I think is the endgame and man... some of these lategame things take a while to produce. Really need to shore up my production bullshit, I guess.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What is Nintendo?

It's for breakfast now! It's a cereal wow!

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I played through the new Doom on switch and that game is real good.

• Options
    Yeah, I’m still impressed by Doom

Especially after all the prerelease stuff was focused on multiplayer which didn’t look amazing!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Tell me more?

Its just a yugioh game that lets you go through most of the series

Seems decent

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I have about 2k in gold coins from Nintendo Club that expire at the end of the month I have been debating for about 3 weeks what to get. Torchlight II is 19.99 this is what I would pay for Diablo 3 {I even have the amiibo} But I feel this is what I am going to get as I enjoy it on steam

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

Tell me more?

Its just a yugioh game that lets you go through most of the series

Seems decent

Man it’s been forever and a day since I played a Yugioh game or followed the shows. But I kinda feel the desire to check it out again, just to see how crazy all the new rules and increased speed have made it.

I think the last one was one of the GBA titles. Sacred Cards? No, it was Stairway to the Destined Duel. Predated GX, so that’s about how long I’ve been out of the loop.

• Options
    That Yugioh game apparently has EVERY card released, which is somewhere in the range of 10,000 cards and that is both a) cool and b) terrifying

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Super Hot via VR for the PS4 is addictive.

It's really fun

I keep meaning to try it in VR but I've never got around to it. I always figure I can try to remedy it at PAX but I forget that VR Freeplay is basically always slammed.

• Options
    That Yugioh game apparently has EVERY card released, which is somewhere in the range of 10,000 cards and that is both a) cool and b) terrifying

I feel like you could safely keep the perma-banned ones out of the game, unless they’ve got a no-limits mode to fuck around with.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

I hope they've got something to balance out the early cards with the new ones, because powercreep has not been kind

• Options
    Really every card? Because I heard previous Yugioh games edit themselves into a mess because of certain cards or events

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I hope they've got something to balance out the early cards with the new ones, because powercreep has not been kind

You better not be shit talking mushroom man

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    What am I in for

The most innovative shooter I’ve played in years.
    I am absolutely a mark for this very good game.

This discussion has been closed.