As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

twitter embedding not working? (resolved)

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
Not seeing any tweets embedding today, and this time I'm pretty sure it's not just me leaving a tracking blocker on as I have seen at least one other person mention it. I am not sure if it's affecting everyone or just some people.

They just leave empty space in the post like when a tweet gets deleted or you otherwise put a twitter link in to a tweet that doesn't exist.

example tweet:
Absalon wrote: »

and yes I definitely made sure the tracking protection thing that did this to me last time was off. Firefox 63.0 in windows 10.

BahamutZERO.gif
BahamutZERO on

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It's not affecting everyone, at least, I see the tweet just fine on desktop and mobile Chrome. I think I maybe had this issue briefly on mobile this morning? It's also fine now though.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    they just now popped back into proper embedding for me
    complaining: works every time

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    are these not working for anyone else on firefox mobile?

would ad block interfere in any way? that’s the only thing i am using other than just a vanilla firefox install

e: whitelisting forums.penny-arcade.com didn’t seem to make a difference

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    disabling tracking protection fixed it hmm

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Firefox's tracking protection breaks embedded twitter posts because they have tracking stuff in them, I presume.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm having this problem again. Chrome on a Galaxy s9.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I'm having this problem again. Chrome on a Galaxy s9.

I'm also having the exact same problem with the exact same browser on a Galaxy s8.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Same problem with twitter embeds not working with Samsung Internet on a S6.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Twitter embeds stopped working for me all of the sudden. Just see the link.

Firefox Quantum 67.0 (64 bit). Tried killing all content blocking and add-ons/extensions and they're still not loading.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Same here on Chrome 74 on Windows 10

It IS working on the mobile site, however on Chrome 75 on Android

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Twitter embeds stopped working for me all of the sudden. Just see the link.

Firefox Quantum 67.0 (64 bit). Tried killing all content blocking and add-ons/extensions and they're still not loading.

I have the exact same problem. And browser.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Seems to be working now. I had upgraded to 67.0.1 after that post, but that didn't fix it. Started working in the last hour or so.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    And mine stopped working today, Android Chrome

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Mine stopped working a few days ago. Chrome 76, Windows 10.

Edit: And now it works. Complaining really does work.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Mine stopped working a few days ago too, so like, there's no fix other than posting here?

Here's hoping that works.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I'm not seeing twitter embeds on Firefox on my desktop, but I'm seeing it on my iPhone's Safari. Refreshing a page I see the twitter link real quick that would be the embed itself but then nothing, not even a link or some blank space it would occupy.

• Options
    if you're using Firefox, click the information/shield/padlock area on the left side of the address bar and see if there's a button that says "turn off blocking for this site" and if it does, click that to add a tracking blocking exception for forums.penny-arcade.com. Then reload and see if tweets embed again. Twitter embeds are full of tracking thingies that send twitter information if you load them, so they're blocked by firefox's strict-level tracking protection option which may have been turned on by default at some point recently. If that doesn't fix it I dunno what the problem is.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Fixed it, it wasn't Firefox, it was the DuckDuckGo privacy essentials blocking it. Same sort of thing Firefox has but I guess DDG is more strict.

TexiKen on