As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Nintendo] thread is only for perverts now, apparently

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Okay apparently it may not be every card
    Build your Deck from over 9,000 cards and take on the most iconic Duelists from the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. Relive the stories from the original animated Yu-Gi-Oh! series through Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, and challenge the newest generation of Duelists from the virtual world of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS!

It just says 'over 9,000' cards which maybe implies it isn't every single thing.

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I feel that Mario would not be able to beat Sonic in a footrace without abusing performance-enhancing mushrooms or stars

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Sonic goes fast, yes. But what if he went... faster...

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Build your Deck from over 9,000 cards and take on the most iconic Duelists from the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe. Relive the stories from the original animated Yu-Gi-Oh! series through Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, and challenge the newest generation of Duelists from the virtual world of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS!

It just says 'over 9,000' cards which maybe implies it isn't every single thing.

what nine thousand

sig.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Don’t some old-ass cards get amazing support later?

Like, I once heard someone say that there was a legit, serious deck revolving around Thunder Dragon. Last I knew, Thunder Dragon was a pair of generic bad monsters and a generic bad fusion monster. The Hungry Burger of fusion monsters. So they must’ve gotten some amazing shit since then.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

There are A LOT of compeltely useless yugioh cards

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Luncheon Kingdom is by far the prettiest kingdom

bzkaCSG.jpg?1

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ccgs are pretty much designed to have useless cards, that's not just yu gi oh

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

Oh no you have no idea. Like the first 4 sets are all pretty much mulch

This is why, while I think Magic’s rotating sets are a treadmill that runs on money, it’s also a neat concept that lets them keep power from creeping too hard.

Remember when Summoned Skull was the best monster in the game?

• turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular

Eh well,

The bad commons in magic are still like, useable and in more for fun formats like pauper or commander or limited formats like draft can be good.

A LOT of the pack filler cards in Yugioh are so bad there is literally no use for them.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I love how much they fucked up by naming it Summon skull

Entire pages if the rulebook for just defining what it is supposed to be

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    wandering wrote: »

bzkaCSG.jpg?1

It's the most... visible one, for sure.

sig.gif
    Now I want to get that game just to try making a modern imagining of that Invincible Fortreess structure deck

Yeah, it was kinda crap even at the time, but I feel like there’s some potential with stuff like Guardian Sphinx and Golem Sentry along with more modern dudes like Block Dragon.

That or just do a wacky banish deck. That was fun in the old games.

Wait, I think I did have a game post GX. I distinctly remember a game that had Macrocosmos in it.

There was no planning involved in the early stages of yugioh even less in the translation

Competitive yugioh is at a point now a days where seeing turn 4 in any given game is a rarity.

First turn kill decks aren't even particularly uncommon.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I remember YGO promo cards being the goal of restaurant visits. Managed to nab a Millennium Wall, which being a 5* 3000 DEF card made it very funny to pull out against a Blue Eyes

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Vrains over vrawn, that's my motto

Crippl3 on
    edited August 2019

I think nowadays they just put a note on reprints saying (this monster is always treated as an “Archfiend”)

Like how they reprinted Harpies’ Brother as Sky Scout to say “fuck it” to all the “except Harpies’ Brother” exceptions.

Enlong on
    The weirdest thing about yugioh by far is the TCG and OCG split.

Basically, Japan, China, and Korea play what's called the Original Card Game, which is always at least one set ahead of the TCG everyone else plays. But also the OCG has a completely seperate and very different ban list and some cards just never make it to the TCG. Or cards come over, but like 5 years late. It's crazy.

X22wmuF.jpg
    SimBen wrote: »

bzkaCSG.jpg?1

It's the most... visible one, for sure.
    You got something to say about the color pink? *paws dirt with hoof*

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

what nine thousand

There's no way that can be right!

BahamutZERO.gif
    So I finished Luncheon and Ruined kingdoms.

There are two things this game does very well.

Aesthetic whiplash, and selling that the Mario series somehow has consistent, meaningful lore.

sig.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    SUPER

HOT

SUPER

HOT

Number one Mario Odyssey disappointment is that you can't, as far as I know, possess the dragon

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It's just so frustrating and depressing I just cannot seem to learn smash for some reason

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    It's just so frustrating and depressing I just cannot seem to learn smash for some reason

How are you going about trying to learn it? There's always the basics like finding tutorials (zero has a good series on ultimate fundamentals on youtube), but if you've already done that and grinded the training mode for a while asking around the local scene to find someone willing to sit down and beat you up for a few hours while explaining what they're doing might be the next step.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

How are you going about trying to learn it? There's always the basics like finding tutorials (zero has a good series on ultimate fundamentals on youtube), but if you've already done that and grinded the training mode for a while asking around the local scene to find someone willing to sit down and beat you up for a few hours while explaining what they're doing might be the next step.

I just go into smash and press my luck with samus the only one I can seem to semi learn

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

I tabbed across and thought this was the love thread for a second.

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular

bzkaCSG.jpg?1

Sand Kingdom was my favourite because you could just go, pick any direction and tear off and pretty soon you'll run into some cool stuff to do. Luncheon Kingdom, for all the bright friendly colours, actually felt the most restrictive because you always had to be so careful with how you navigated from one area to another.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Anyone else getting ~~~~yugioh~~~~~

It's me, the guy who has spent *checks notes* infinity hours with the previous games and is digging into the Switch version now. If you haven't played the Other Ocean YGO games, they're pretty solid if you want a virtual version of the TCG, if nothing flashy. With Legacy of the Duelist they finally made obtaining cards less insufferable - you get cards from your opponent's deck after beating them in the campaigns, and it's pretty generous with the points you get for the in-game boosters (tip: if a match is a wash, put the cursor over your deck and surrender so you still get said points). Six Samurai is in the first 5Ds pack, so that's what I'm dumping all my points into. In terms of the meta, each of the campaigns is roughly based around what was used then, so you'll totally find Pot of Greed or Graceful Charity being used in the OG campaign. It's novel to use the story decks to win as it becomes a semi-puzzle (with luck involved), but I end up just using my own creations, and I appreciate that they give you the option. You also unlock elite battles where duelists use a powerful archetype, those are a fun challenge.

As for other changes, they thankfully got rid of the obnoxious, unskipable PS2 era cutscene whenever a signature monster attacks, but now there are new ones for when they're summoned instead. I'll still take that trade. I don't like the crappy mobile game sfx they added when you receive rewards, but I'm also used to no sfx during that stuff. Oh, and cloud saving isn't supported.

Bottom line: It scratches the itch for me, which I am happy with.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i really wish they'd just make a dang yugioh hearthstone/mtg arena (duel links doesn't count)

though given that konami would be involved it'd probably be horrible microtransaction-wise

Number one Mario Odyssey disappointment is that you can't, as far as I know, possess the dragon

IT STAYS THERE, EVEN

I mean it's okay, at least I got to be meat.

sig.gif
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    i really wish they'd just make a dang yugioh hearthstone/mtg arena (duel links doesn't count)

though given that konami would be involved it'd probably be horrible microtransaction-wise

I'm surprised the Switch version doesn't have the purchasable decks on the eShop right now that the previous versions had, but touch wood and all that.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    DQ11 is such a great game.

Anyone find the Nintendo eshop website is just... broken sometimes? Like I try and load it and just get nothing.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    What is Nintendo?

A miserable pile of tablets.

edited August 2019

IT STAYS THERE, EVEN

I mean it's okay, at least I got to be meat.
    And it even has a hat (well, a crown), that it loses, which by the rules that have been established so far, def means it should be possessable!

wandering on
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    What is Nintendo?

A miserable pile of tablets.

Nintendo is what does not do what Sega does.

This discussion has been closed.