As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    Um, does anybody have a Target RedCard so they can buy Transformers Generations Selects Redwing for me?

: )

I know there are people offering it as a service on transformers forums and it’s being done through eBay. It’s also available through some (outside US) online distributors.

My hope is that Target just decides to sell them normally at some point.

Same here. I think a previous one was sold regularly last time... But my memory is not that great on this.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Um, does anybody have a Target RedCard so they can buy Transformers Generations Selects Redwing for me?

: )

I know there are people offering it as a service on transformers forums and it’s being done through eBay. It’s also available through some (outside US) online distributors.

Any particular forums you'd recommend? All of the ebay listings I'm currently seeing are overpriced. I was hoping I could get it for regular price plus shipping and a few extra bucks for the trouble.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Tfw2005.com is my standby.

This thread gets brought up in redwing discussions there. Have not used it myself though so cannot vouch for the poster.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/calabask’s-redwing-delivery-service.1178914/

Nobody on
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Anyone have one of the fansproject dinobots? Big sale over at tfsource

https://tfsource.com/fansproject/lost-exo-realm/

Some look cool but I'm not familiar with them

Only 3P Dino I have is the one of Paddles. Forgot who made it, but I think you got her too.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah I have paddles. He was planet X though.

These are such a deep discount I'm simultaneously concerned and interested

edited August 2019
    Yeah I'm not really looking at 3P anymore thanks to what I already have. The Skids was not bad, Powerglide too, Hot Rod from TLK isn't bad, but not super cool to me (oddly I think the Hasbro cheaper one is cooler). Paddles sort of bummed me out and the tiny Apeface and Highbrow were eh. Oh and my tiny G1 Barricade was good. But I am going to stay away from cheaper "deals" on 3P stuff due to Paddles. Plus it seems that Hasbro is bringing out stuff that I actually want now (Siege Barricade, Apeface and a real Astrotrain).

No sooner do I say this and saw this on TFW. 3P Bumblebee from the new movie.

https://news.tfw2005.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2019/08/Transform-Element-TE-02-Bumblebee-Movie-Bumblebee.jpg

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Got a chance to take some pics.

RIP people on 56k

Siege Jetfire

rxex5oB.jpg
    BZHs8jk.jpg
    qBowI2M.jpg
    Rsp2v1u.jpg

W0aN5lb.jpg
    bnJUsa2.jpg
    W3CbrBv.jpg
    LfNmnrg.jpg
    uvObH6o.jpg
    JGN8kMQ.jpg
    pmlF4OM.jpg
    q2nRtHk.jpg
    K8jzFRW.jpg
    5lRqeAC.jpg
    qYlHZhl.jpg
    U2F8ORb.jpg
    K8HzoJr.jpg
    e6qK1dH.jpg
    8aVoBjz.jpg
    lvBB589.jpg
    uDSr12J.jpg

Figma Kazuma
    gfOAggz.jpg
    0i5uI82.jpg
    IWQ6KBp.jpg

Figma D.Va
    e5TY46T.jpg
    VfDGPJh.jpg
    s8eck61.jpg
    RQPbtEh.jpg

Figma Saber Alter Causal
    jHJTyGD.jpg
    rKYU7sq.jpg
    POZP5zA.jpg
    cYR5FVu.jpg
    fbziRcI.jpg
    lA8fAC5.jpg
    SFUAsnc.jpg
    jTJjQpc.jpg

I'm not going to wax poetic here.

They're all great figures.

Jetfire can pull off some real neat poses and looks and feels great. Well, aside from the limp gun handle. Also his mini drone still looks like a robot chest.

Kazuma was a necessity, given how I love Konosuba, and already own Aqua and Megumin. Just need Darkness to complete this group of idiots.

After the disappointment that was Figma Reaper, I was hesitant to keep my other Overwatch figma orders. Luckily D.va is awesome. I'm annoyed at myself though because I put the sticker on the drink can upside down.

Figma Saber Alter Casual outfit is also great and has a super cute doggo! Can't wait for the causal version of Mordred to go up for pre-order as I really think they'll look great side by side.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Glad you took photos of Jetfire since I forgot to. I really love him, and gladly paid full price for him. Probably the only one I have felt it was more than worth the price. You forgot to show a photo of Decpticon Jetfire though (I love that gimmick).

Those figures look really cool. D.Va looks hilarious. I especially love the dog one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Finally managed to source an Ectotron.

The main problem, as I see it, is that the nostalgic packaging makes it really difficult to want to take it out of the packaging and transform/pose it.

Other half has already okayed buying a second one down the line for that purpose.

Finally managed to source an Ectotron.

The main problem, as I see it, is that the nostalgic packaging makes it really difficult to want to take it out of the packaging and transform/pose it.

Other half has already okayed buying a second one down the line for that purpose.

Yeah, in the end I left it in the box just because of that. Plus I know once I take it out of the box I'll want to buy the Ghostbusters Optimus Prime to go with it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have no mouth, and yet I must move my lips

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Glad you took photos of Jetfire since I forgot to. I really love him, and gladly paid full price for him. Probably the only one I have felt it was more than worth the price. You forgot to show a photo of Decpticon Jetfire though (I love that gimmick).

Those figures look really cool. D.Va looks hilarious. I especially love the dog one.

Yeah looking back I did forget to try out the Symbol changing gimmick. Too lazy to try it out and take a photo though :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    But you did play with it right?

I also have to try out the Gerwalk mode that fans made up for him.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I currently have his chest armor on, but on the weekend I'll take it off to try the gimmick.

part of why I don't really feel like testing the gimmick is I already have him in a nice pose and also the purple Decepticon symbol would look off compared to the other colours. The red autobot symbol at least goes with his red colours. If the Deception symbol was blue then at least it'd match his blue eyes and jetmode windows.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Yeah, there are times I wish he did not come with the extra armor and weapons. I know they put the armor in there as a sort of dig at Harmony Gold (they should have gone full circle and allow you to put the smaller lasers on the head, but not show it), but I just leave it off. I was tempted to put him with his Decepticon logo on my Decepticon shelf just for laughs. But I'm the only one who would get it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

I'll be interested in seeing how they'll display toys in packaging now.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Cellophane is made of plant material, they can easily use that for display windows. I'm sure a lot of toys already do. It's biodegradable.

So TF Source had the Masterpiece Shiny Toy Megatron (MP-36+) on sale for their Customer Appreciation Week that tempted me. I had immediate buyer's regret since I wasn't planning on spending more money this month, but the sale price was too good of a deal. He came today and man I love it! The chrome all over the plastic is so awesome and he looks perfect to me. I have yet to transform him, and not sure I ever will. But he will be on my desk to fiddle with if I ever get the urge to play with him.

I took a quick shot of him to share.

MP-36%2B.png

oosik_betsuni.png
    Awesome!

I wanted to get g1 mp megatron, but gun laws in my area made it too much of a hassle with ongoing fees.

Still hoping out hope for a mp size silver tank megatron . Hopefully a third party like Mmc makes one, though doubtful given they already have the voyager size idw megatron.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Yeah that sucks that you could not get this version or the other. What I found interesting is that mine did not come with the orange plug/tip to make it legal. Guessing since he was in robot mode it did not flag any scanner. Part of me wonders if Takara did that on purpose for both versions in order to ship it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Well, BBTS still has ED-209 as due to release in August. There's a week left in August - wonder what month it'll get delayed to this time.

Donnicton wrote: »
    Well, BBTS still has ED-209 as due to release in August. There's a week left in August - wonder what month it'll get delayed to this time.

Man, what is with all the delays in toys these days? Some hit the estimated release dates and others are slipping like a month or so.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I think BBTS is just over-confident on release dates and is very hesitant to push them back. Probably afraid of getting hit with cancellations.

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    BBTS is probably just following the dates given to them by the manufacturer. Manufacturers have slippages, supply issues, or quality issues that aren't communicated typically until very late (if at all).

i know for the stuff i had ordered through bbts the companies themselves had delays but they also are overseas so presumably they are leaving "august" until they can't legitimately say it's possible.

i know for the stuff i had ordered through bbts the companies themselves had delays but they also are overseas so presumably they are leaving "august" until they can't legitimately say it's possible.

And I'd bet they haven't been given a realistic new date from their supplier. Like, they could say delayed, but delayed to when?

After ordering some more PC parts, by build is almost at completion.

Which means I need to spend less on action figures.

Thankfully nothing else recently announced has me interested.

But I still have the 8 figures to save up funds over the next 5 months.

Which shouldn't be an issue. Except MP Optimus Prime V3 is supposed to release soon and SOC Vehicle Voltron releases in October!

These hobbies are killing me :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Look at this glorious motherfucker

I mean I'm not going to buy it. But that toy is spectacular

Look at this glorious motherfucker

I mean I'm not going to buy it. But that toy is spectacular
    Now there’s a bit with his life sorted

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Oh look, another Chromia repaint. Yawn.

Heffling wrote: »
    Oh look, another Chromia repaint. Yawn.

Technically that's the first Chromia repaint.

Chromia, while visually similar, is a different mold from the Female Audobots. (She's shorter, doesn't have the weird windows on her feet, her leg kibble rotates and she can't combine)

Nightbird is such a strange character. I remember the episode but I don't know why people are so attached to her.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Nightbird is such a strange character. I remember the episode but I don't know why people are so attached to her.

I would say because 1. Female, 2. Ninja

It’s just a cool design

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL

I would say because 1. Female, 2. Ninja

It’s just a cool design

that's probably true. i never really liked the design. this new iteration doesn't really do it for me either. i do wonder how much impact 3rd party crazes influence hasbro design. nightbird was getting a few releases i think? otherwise i can't imagine that's the character they reach for

There wasn't a lot of female characters in G1.

I think she's the closest thing to a female Decepticon the cartoon ever got.

This discussion has been closed.