As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Bad News Gone Right]: 40% chance of "where's the gone right?".

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Before the settlers came the plains would be covered with herds of free-roaming mattresses as far as the eye could see. Now we only have these small protected groups in captivity. Sad, really.

Don't Google wild mattress tag removal, it's very cruel.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    I don't know why anyone's surprised. Those aren't ground dwelling mattresses, they're airbeds.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    I was assured that all mattresses are thoroughly killed before removal from the swamp. The Sqornshellous Zeta hunters' guild is going to be getting one HELL of a letter from me!

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Better than porta potties

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    I don't know why anyone's surprised. Those aren't ground dwelling mattresses, they're airbeds.

My reaction basically went "HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW WINDY oh they're air beds"

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    A woman in Brisbane, Australia, was lucky enough to get 50k-60k bees in her house.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-australia-49431167/huge-beehive-discovered-inside-ceiling
    5ga2y127d2t0.png
    A giant hive was removed from a woman's house in Brisbane, Australia.

The ten-month-old hive weighed 50kg and was holding 60,000 bees.
    The guy says they had 50kg of honeycomb in the hive, which is a delicious amount of honeycomb that might even sate Winnie the Pooh or President Xi.

If you are wondering if 60k bees is a lot for a hive, the answer is it is a pretty good amount.

https://www.quora.com/How-many-bees-are-there-in-a-hive
    A healthy honeybee hive usually has around 20,000-50,000 bees during summer. Almost all of these will be female workers, along with a queen and a few hundred male drones. The queen's egg laying rate peaks around May-June up to 1,500 a day - at this time she lays more than her own body weight in eggs each day!

Going into autumn the queen will start laying fewer eggs and stop laying completely in winter, so the number of bees in the hive drops to about 10-15,000. As the winter bees do not have to feed young or forage for food they are able to live longer, allowing them to survive the winter months long enough to rear new brood when the queen starts laying again in early spring.
    A Hive = a tree , cave , lava tube[here in Hawaii] , a unmaintained home ,that has a hole in it outer wall that you can slide a pencil into , a cliff over hang . These locations will be used almost completely un-noticed until they get very big . most ‘working hives ‘ have 30,000–40,000 bees in them . But I have removed some as large as 100,000 with just one very busy queen caring for the egg laying duties . Some hives will briefly have sometimes the old queen and her young daughter working in the same hive before Mom dies
    Honey bees are social insects that live in colonies. Honey bee colonies consist of a single queen, hundreds of male drones and 20,000 to 80,000 female worker bees. Each honey bee colony also consists of developing eggs, larvae and pupae.

The number of individuals within a honey bee colony depends largely upon seasonal changes. A colony could reach up to 80,000 individuals during the active season, when workers forage for food, store honey for winter and build combs. However, this population will decrease dramatically during colder seasons.
    It is currently late winter in Brisbane.

Bee whisperer is apparently a job title now.
    n3kuel8j422y.png

Couscous on
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Hey man, you don't spend that many years studying dance at a prestigious academy and walk away without no title.

shryke on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Strangely the honey melting and running out the ceiling/down the walls etc is likely to be more of a problem than the actual bees, which is a bit counter intuitive but hey

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Strangely the honey melting and running out the ceiling/down the walls etc is likely to be more of a problem than the actual bees, which is a bit counter intuitive but hey

A delicious, delicious problem.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Of course, the honey itself pales in comparison when put up against the difficulties in dealing with President Xi, who is inevitably drawn to the sweet bee vom that he can neither resist or spell.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

Ants aren't delicious

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Honeypot ants are.

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    shryke wrote: »
    Hey man, you don't spend that many years studying dance at a prestigious academy and walk away without no title.

Though for a 50kg Hive I think you should be pointing wildly whilst shouting "BEEEEES!", purely as a public safety concern.
    Those smaller hives in out of the way places, you can tap someone on the shoulder, gesture generally in that direction whilst whispering "bees" and that should do it.
    Or just wave whilst in your suit, but guess he has specifically trained for this kind of thing.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    The cheese definitely stands alone when $187k worth of it is stolen:
    Someone has made off with $187,000 worth of cheese from Saputo Dairy Products in Tavistock.

Investigators with Oxford County OPP are reviewing security surveillance footage in an attempt to determine who was behind the cheese heist.

OPP say on Aug. 9, around 7:45 a.m., a man entered the business on Hope Street W. and provided paperwork for a large quantity of cheese to be delivered to New Brunswick. The product was loaded onto a blue transport truck and the man left.

The company did not realize the shipment was stolen until the delivery failed to arrive at the location early the following week.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Police have issued an image of the suspect:

qbhbxsxn6kp0.jpg

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/aug/23/go-old-man-go-mobility-scooter-fugitive-evades-police-in-low-speed-chase

Thank god no one got hurt in this chase
    Durham told TVNZ he thought the police car was an ice cream van trying to sell him an ice cream – which he didn’t want.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    Someone has made off with $187,000 worth of cheese from Saputo Dairy Products in Tavistock.

Investigators with Oxford County OPP are reviewing security surveillance footage in an attempt to determine who was behind the cheese heist.

OPP say on Aug. 9, around 7:45 a.m., a man entered the business on Hope Street W. and provided paperwork for a large quantity of cheese to be delivered to New Brunswick. The product was loaded onto a blue transport truck and the man left.

The company did not realize the shipment was stolen until the delivery failed to arrive at the location early the following week.

The perpetrator better hope they don't have surveillance of their face or else they're gonna brie in a bit of trouble

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

The perpetrator better hope they don't have surveillance of their face or else they're gonna brie in a bit of trouble

You think you gouda done better?

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular

You think you gouda done cheddar?

• Options

You think you gouda done better?

Come on, I'm not a munster

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Enough with these edam puns.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Does it make you bleu when we do that?

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    The limbergaler.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    Enough with these edam puns.

I dunno. They're quite sharp. Humor cantal be high-brow.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    These puns are so bad I camembert it.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Yeah, too cheesy for my taste.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    This cheese heist is a cover for the real crimes being committed by the shadowy dairy cabal

The Hallouminati

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    f740n01tsyxc.png

• Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Getting real feta up with you lot. Keep it up and you might caciotta these hands.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    American.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Identity Theft... IN SPAAAAACE!!!

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/08/24/astronaut-identity-theft-in-space/
    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A NASA astronaut who was supposed to be part of the first all-female spacewalk in history has been accused of another milestone – committing the first recorded crime in space.

Anne McClain, a Lt. Colonel in the U.S. Army, has reportedly been accused of identity theft while on board the International Space Station.
    According to multiple reports, McClain allegedly accessed her estranged wife’s bank account in the midst of a bitter divorce between to two women.
    Summer Worden, a former Air Force intelligence officer and Kansas resident, married the astronaut in 2014.
    The New York Times reports that, even though the two married, Worden was reluctant to let McClain officially adopt her son – who was born a year before the couple met.
    The marriage eventually fell apart in 2018, as McClain reportedly sought to gain shared parenting rights over Worden’s son.
    The astronaut also took the matter to a judge, requesting the exclusive right to determine where the boy would live if Worden and McClain could not salvage their marriage.
    “I don’t understand this tactic of attacking me as Brig’s mother and being so aggressive… and demanding a legal managing custody. That to me is bizarre to me. I don’t understand who would do that to another person,” Worden said via KHOU.
    “If you claim to love this little boy, how are you going to show his mother zero respect?… Anne’s colleagues have been known to say she will kill to win, that’s how competitive she is,” the astronaut’s spouse claimed.
    After Worden asked her bank to check her recent activity, McClain’s allegedly criminal access was found out – taking place during the NASA astronaut’s six-month missing on the ISS.

McClain nearly made history in March, when she was scheduled to be part of the first all-female spacewalk in history. The mission was canceled because the ISS did not have two properly fitting spacesuits for the women.

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    What kind of a jackass marries someone with a kid, then a couple of years later gets a divorce and demands custody of said kid? Wtf!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    What kind of a jackass marries someone with a kid, then a couple of years later gets a divorce and demands custody of said kid? Wtf!

Putting the Ass in Astronaut ( yes, I know, just pretend it's out loud and not in text!)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    LA policeman who said sniper shot him 'made it up'
    Authorities in Los Angeles say a sheriff's deputy who claimed he had been shot by a sniper actually cut two fake bullet holes in his uniform with a knife and made the whole thing up.

Police launched a massive manhunt last Wednesday after Angel Reinosa called in to say he was pinned down by gunfire.

"I'm taking shots from the north of the Lancaster helipad, I'm hit in the right shoulder," said a frantic Mr Reinosa.

"My shirt's ripped to the right. I think it's from the apartment window."

Mr Reinosa has been relieved of his duties and is facing a criminal investigation.

"He is doing great, thankfully," Sheriff's Captain Todd Weber said at the time. "The wound was minor and he's been treated and he's doing well, in high spirits."

The only problem was, there was no wound. Mr Reinosa has now admitted fabricating the sniper fire and using a knife to cut two fake bullet holes in the shoulder area of his shirt.

It was not immediately clear why it took so long to notice that Mr Reinosa had not suffered any wounds.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    There are easier ways to say you don't want to come in today.

• Options
    Lancaster cops are some scum. Look up Sheriff Lee Roy Baca if you want to find out how scummy they can get

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    Is it normal for space missions not to have a suit for everyone on board?

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Calica wrote: »

Only when the crew members are super hot. :winky:

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular

They were the EVA suits, her spine expanded more than expected and the suit no longer fit her properly.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular

Yes. EVA suits are different than the suits they wear for launch, and are super expensive and very heavy to launch. They won't save a life - in a breach they can't be put on fast enough, if you're already in one you won't last until rescue, and with an atmosphere leak reentry wont be survivable (Soyuz 11 probably died before reentry but the condition of the craft when it was recovered made it clear if they weren't they would have been quickly).

If you don't fit the same size suit as a sufficient number of other EVA trained astronauts, you're shit out of luck, because NASA won't buy a suit just for you that could very well be used 0-1 times in your whole career.

This discussion has been closed.