As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I think we can't really speak to how the beam changes will impact Sym and Zarya until we get our personal mitts on them, but the Sigma damage change is kind of a big deal. That was Sigma's one-shot combo, and with this change the entire squishy roster has been removed from consideration, save Tracer and Babby D.Va.

Isn't it a damage-neutral change for the combo, though? Lose 5 from two orbs, gain 10 from the rock.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    wait it is sym and zar, or just sym?

Both.
    I think we can't really speak to how the beam changes will impact Sym and Zarya until we get our personal mitts on them, but the Sigma damage change is kind of a big deal. That was Sigma's one-shot combo, and with this change the entire squishy roster has been removed from consideration, save Tracer and Babby D.Va.

Isn't it a damage-neutral change for the combo, though? Lose 5 from two orbs, gain 10 from the rock.

Ahhh you're right. Missed that.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah I think they still want him to have that combo. They just want to lower his total damage throguh the fight.

Still feel Accretion is too much damage on a CC ability. Like imagine if McCree's flash or Ana's sleep dart also did 90 damage.

Silliness.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Still feel Accretion is too much damage on a CC ability. Like imagine if McCree's flash or Ana's sleep dart also did 90 damage.

Silliness.

But Accretion doesn't stun as strongly as those at close range.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »

Silliness.

But Accretion doesn't stun as strongly as those at close range.

Still, the ability to stun at all means it can cancel all kinds of ults and other abilities, on top of dishing out some pretty meaty damage. I don't think it needs nerfing just yet, better to see how he plays out over a longer period, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets brought down some.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Huge though the projectile may be, Accretion still has a long wind-up and a flight time and an arc and gets stopped by barriers. Notwithstanding forced errors I think if you get beaned it probably could have been prevented.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. McCree's flashbang is a lot faster and Ana's sleep dart while just as hard to hit offers a much longer potential stun. So I think its fair for the most part.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Sleep Dart should do 90 damage to let the teens know that tranquilizer abuse is not a joke

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Sigma's ability names are so confusing to me, I'm never going to get them straight.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Sigma's ability names are so confusing to me, I'm never going to get them straight.

balls, rock, lift...absorb?

boom done good job everyone

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Sleep Dart should do 90 damage to let the teens know that tranquilizer abuse is not a joke

Also Junkrats concussion mine should stun

2x39jD4.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

Silliness.

sleepdart isn't A Big Rock

uc3ufTB.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I've felt like sleepdart should be able to pass through shields, the ultimate l33t skill ability. Cry baby tanks, cry.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I've felt like sleepdart should be able to pass through shields, the ultimate l33t skill ability. Cry baby tanks, cry.

That'd probably be fine for most disjointed shields, but Ana having a "turn Rein off for five seconds" button seems like it'd be troublesome.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Silliness.

sleepdart isn't A Big Rock

How sure are you about this?

steam_sig.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    knocking people out by concussing them is really dangerous!!!!!!!!!

uc3ufTB.png
    The two things in this game that should never receive another buff are CC and mobility.

Sleep and Rock both have a wind-up time (Rock's is mayyybe twice what Sleep's is), but Sleep dart has a fast travel time and a relatively small hitbox. Biggest downside on the rock is that its hurtbox is so colossal I've seen Harbleu repeatedly fire it so an edge clips a wall or ceiling and the rock never even makes it into the enemy team.

It's so big it's like you're firing a Torbjorn at the enemy team. You're probably gonna' hit something, if a shield or piece of world geometry doesn't get there first.

And I don't think I care that the up-close stun is a half-second. A stun effect of 0.00001 seconds is enough to shut down a High Noon, Barrage, Rez, Coalescence, et cetera. Its near-zero point-blank stun time is still long enough for him to land his M1 and one-shot combo a squishy, while the 3-second stun it can produce at long range once again turns it into a one-shot as it sends Pharahs and Mercies falling to their death.

But I still think it's his ult that's a bit silly. Either CC me with your ult or deal hundreds upon hundreds of damage with your ult, but both at once is pretty stupid.

yes, I would love consistency for what stun does to people and their ults. Naruto and Bridget get to keep going when stunned and I believe 76 does too, but McCree and Hog get shut down. Keep it the same for everyone or at least an entire class of heroes.

edited August 2019
    It is consistent, tho. It shuts down channeled ults (Moira, Pharah, McCree, Hog) but not transformation ults (Soldier, Genji, Brig, Mercy).

I guess Gravatic Flux is a transformation? Sigma can still use his M1 while executing it.

Chance on
    Wrong type of consistent! Channeled gang 4 lyfe!

• madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    It's not consistent. I've definitely canceled an enemy Sig ult with my own boulder, but hack does nothing at all, he even continues flying afterward

Weeeird. I've only heard it can be cancelled by killing the Sig prior to him launching the lift, but if you kill him after he's fired off the lift anyone caught in it will still be slammed for full damage.

• mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Weeeird. I've only heard it can be cancelled by killing the Sig prior to him launching the lift, but if you kill him after he's fired off the lift anyone caught in it will still be slammed for full damage.

Sounds like it's like most ults where there's a small window but once it passes a certain point it keeps going. It probably looks inconsistent because with abilities with a cast time like hack, it can be milliseconds too late but look like it should've worked.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I’ve seen video out there of Sigma’s ult going off while he’s under a sleep dart

Edit: at about 50 seconds in

https://youtu.be/AdS7TpNC0rY

Nobody on
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    I’ve seen video out there of Sigma’s ult going off while he’s under a sleep dart

....what. okay I take it back, shits broken

Hmm I wonder if this Orisa/Sigma is good as folks are saying or if more people just haven't tried running more Rein/Zarya(they both got small but actually kind of big buffs and they can really run them over if they aren't careful.

That said hmm I wonder if D.Va might need buffs for 2-2-2 she is a character who never got big nerfs but 1000 paper cuts.

i thought Sigma ult was like Junkrat tire, where you keep control of it no matter what happens to the actual character (or maybe if you die/get stunned, the ult just goes off automatically after the set time?)

i haven't played him much myself or paid close enough attention to Sigma streamers to be sure though

• HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Woof, just won a crazy game on Dorado that went to 5 to 5. I switched like a half dozen times. Started on Sym but they countered with a Doomfist so I switched to Mei but that wasn't working so I switched to Reaper. Then they had no hitscan so I played Pharah on the last bit of the second point and wrecked them but not quite enough. Then they had a Soldier so I went back to Reaper for the last defense.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
    edited August 2019
    i thought Sigma ult was like Junkrat tire, where you keep control of it no matter what happens to the actual character (or maybe if you die/get stunned, the ult just goes off automatically after the set time?)

i haven't played him much myself or paid close enough attention to Sigma streamers to be sure though

When you activate the ult, Sigma can fly exactly like a Valking Mercy, and a huge reticle appears on the ground rather like an ulting Doomfist's.

At this point, killing the Sigma will cancel the ult.

Then you have to hit the fire button again, rather like Doom's, to fire the ult. After 0.4 seconds (currently) all enemies in the AoE are pulled skyward for 50 damage.

Once the ult has been fired, killing Sigma will no longer cancel the effect. After staying airborne for 2 seconds, all captured enemies hit the ground and receive 50% of their current max HP in damage - so a full-health Roadhog who'd just been Sound Barrier'd up to 1200HP could take like 600 damage on the slam, while an unbuffed Tracer will take 75.

Apparently if Mei walls under herself or an ally, she takes less damage after the fall.

...must test.

Chance on
  • beavisofsmokebeavisofsmoke Registered User regular
    As long as Sig hits fire to activate the lift part of his ult, it will go through. Before that it is a channeled ult and can be cancelled.

edited August 2019
    Apparently if Mei walls under herself or an ally, she takes less damage after the fall.

...must test.

I do know that if true this is almost definitely a bug. Jeff and the other dev folks on Seagull's reveal stream were pretty clear on you taking exactly 50% of max health, no way to boost or mitigate (although it can be canceled with escape/nullify abilities like ice block, bubble, fade, fortify, etc.)

If Mei wall is reducing damage I'm like 90% sure that's not supposed to be happening

Houk the Namebringer on
    I wonder why they haven't reverted Lucio and Zen's GOATs nerfs.

Dragkonias wrote: »

2-2-2 changed so much that they probably need time to know who needs what. That's partly why they did the beta, though only the current PTR changes have come of it so far.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    It is consistent, tho. It shuts down channeled ults (Moira, Pharah, McCree, Hog) but not transformation ults (Soldier, Genji, Brig, Mercy).

I guess Gravatic Flux is a transformation? Sigma can still use his M1 while executing it.

No, if he gets stunned after casting but before triggering it he will lose it.

• Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular

...must test.

I do know that if true this is almost definitely a bug. Jeff and the other dev folks on Seagull's reveal stream were pretty clear on you taking exactly 50% of max health, no way to boost or mitigate (although it can be canceled with escape/nullify abilities like ice block, bubble, fade, fortify, etc.)

If Mei wall is reducing damage I'm like 90% sure that's not supposed to be happening

I ... could be wrong about that? It is only anecdotal. Maybe I got a spare heal at just the right time?

I'm not aware of any other attacks in this game that scale to hero HP. That's just weird.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Had a game last night that was not that fun because it was mostly just being carried by a team that was trouncing everyone, which led to a constant stream of leavers on the other side. The part that made me laugh though, which I might still have a highlight for, is me leaving a trap on a health pack across the map, chasing a sombra towards it, who then dies, and then rage quits. Kind of hilarious. I would also want to rage quit in that situation.

Finally getting some decent highlights with sigma. I agree his boulder is probably fine. I can hold my own against flankers like reaper or tracer at roughly 50/50, but it REALLY depends on tracking which mobility powers are on cooldown and actually landing the shot, which is not trivial in a hectic situation. Getting the primary fire to land consistently is also non-trivial against mobility. I gave a reaper such fits last night that he chased me halfway across the map trying and failing to murder me before finally dying just as the payload he wasn't anywhere near reached the finish line. But he also killed me several times with only a sliver of his own health left. and I can't tell you how many of his ults have gone nowhere for me. His powers are good if you land them, but they're by no means an instant win button so far for me.

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

2-2-2 changed so much that they probably need time to know who needs what. That's partly why they did the beta, though only the current PTR changes have come of it so far.

And I'm currently not finding Lucio or Zen to be terrible in the current situation anyway. I've done plenty of excellent work with both, even though I do feel they come up short compared to the other healers. So maybe they do need some work, but I don't think they need a lot of work.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It doesn't really apply to us plebs, but it's been funny seeing people getting focused down through trance in OWL. Maybe all the moar deeps patches weren't the best idea

This discussion has been closed.