As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BUS: Delivering passengers right on time - Round 9: Game End

12345679»

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Thanks everyone for the game! Thank you @MrBlarney for running it!

The game is definitely got some points of consideration in turn order and who you cross paths with.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Thanks for running MrB.
    Still not sure if there's any grand strategy in this game.
    At least beyond don't cross paths with the person who always takes your passengers.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    A few thoughts that came to mind:

Try not to cross paths with the player directly before you in turn order. They'll likely steal your passengers/buildings.

Buildings can be double-edge swords, where you can "poison" other players' routes with buildings that are consecutive so they lose those passengers for a turn. Also keep this in mind when expanding and building yourself. Try not to leave empty spaces, but that's tough because they also try to have different letters so it's near impossible to fill them at the same time.

Add passengers when you can use them. Also, get a route to that point early on so you can pull more if need be.

It worked for me this time, so either try and transport passengers every round, or, plan to build up your buses and try and transport a lot of passengers (perhaps multiple times in a round) in the later rounds. I only got 11 points, and discrider and hedgethorn both got some big point rounds in that could have eclipsed me if things had gone slightly differently.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    The buildings part is a bit meh.
    Poisoning a dual building intersection seems to make it more adaptable, as you can use it in an off-turn if you had no passengers in the other competing phase.

But regardless, it doesn't seem to be something you can really plan towards.
    Either you're building buildings and doing the best with what you have at the time, or you're not building buildings and you have to live with whatever the opponent gives you.
    And I'm not sure building your own buildings is better than forcing the opponents to waste time building your buildings for you.

And yeah, transporting every round with few buses, or transporting many passengers late in the game with many buses, seem to be the two bus strategies.
    The latter is far more brittle to the clock though.

discrider on
  • Options
    In all, I think the game is more about 'how can I get the opponents to waste actions and/or use their actions to my advantage' rather than any solo action strategy.

• Options
    DaemonisDaemonis Registered User regular
    Thanks for the game, guys!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, I also want to thank @Daemonis for playing this out.

I rather didn't mean for my first Clock action to hinder Daemonis, and was a bit regretful when it did.
    I had hoped that by pushing back Hedgethorn, Hedgethorn and ArcSyn would have to compete for the Clock, Hedgethorn to stop ArcSyn and Arcsyn to prevent it triggering, and I might be able to catch up.
    Sort of worked, but it hit Daemonis as well, and I rather wanted him to eat Hedgethorn's lunch.

discrider on