As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I guess it depends on how many copies Psychonauts 2 would have to sell to make people additional dividends that add up to more than $196.

Which I have zero idea what that number would be.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLRegistered User regular
    My unlucky fourth Distance map is up, "Foraminifera":

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1825538231

Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    turtleant wrote: »
    That seems shitty.

I mean at least they're paying something, but seems like unless the game does really poorly those folks just got screwed out of a good bit of money.

Looking at this https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1658966/000121390016018652/f253g2111616_figpublishing.htm

It looks like a $700 return is about 1.1M units sold. Psychonauts 1, according to their pitch, sold about 1.7M lifetime. I don't know how to project Psychonauts 2 sales, but if you say they're the same, then you'd get $950 per share. So you're short $250, but that was 10 years of sales, with much more of them (1.2M sales) in the second half. If it followed the same pattern, you don't even hit the breakeven sales point until after year 5.

Investing $500 in 2017 to get $950 in 2030 is about a 5% annual interest rate.
    Investing $500 in 2017 to get $696 in late 2019, call it 2020 is an 11% interest rate. If you somehow reinvest at 5% until 2030, you'd end up with $1134.

So unless it's some kind of smash success relative to the first game, I think it's a pretty good buyout.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    I haven't played enough CSD2. Did it ever come out on ipad? I actually ended up playing way more of the first game there than pc. The touch controls were good!

I also love the bits of weird apocalyptic lore in CSD 1/2. Sounds like 3 is bringing it forward.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    The Ryan Davis corn dog will be the only food item in the apocalypse.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I haven't played enough CSD2. Did it ever come out on ipad? I actually ended up playing way more of the first game there than pc. The touch controls were good!

I also love the bits of weird apocalyptic lore in CSD 1/2. Sounds like 3 is bringing it forward.

Looks like it didn't come out to iPad, which is a shame because yeah the touch for CSD on iPad was much better to me than PC or console.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    captaink wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »
    That seems shitty.

I mean at least they're paying something, but seems like unless the game does really poorly those folks just got screwed out of a good bit of money.

Looking at this https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1658966/000121390016018652/f253g2111616_figpublishing.htm

It looks like a $700 return is about 1.1M units sold. Psychonauts 1, according to their pitch, sold about 1.7M lifetime. I don't know how to project Psychonauts 2 sales, but if you say they're the same, then you'd get $950 per share. So you're short $250, but that was 10 years of sales, with much more of them (1.2M sales) in the second half. If it followed the same pattern, you don't even hit the breakeven sales point until after year 5.

Investing $500 in 2017 to get $950 in 2030 is about a 5% annual interest rate.
    Investing $500 in 2017 to get $696 in late 2019, call it 2020 is an 11% interest rate. If you somehow reinvest at 5% until 2030, you'd end up with $1134.

So unless it's some kind of smash success relative to the first game, I think it's a pretty good buyout.

Also, that shit is going onto Gamepass, so that likely mucks up the numbers even more.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Spy Party
    Wasteland 2 is also getting an early Fig payout: https://gamasutra.com/view/news/348168/Fig_to_pay_lump_sum_to_Wasteland_3_investors_as_Microsoft_buys_publishing_rights.php
    85% rate instead of the original 70% rate, for a total of $1,320.75 per $1000 share.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Game Dev should would be a lot easier if Microsoft would just buy everything at the outset.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    investing is just socially acceptable gambling so congrats to the folks playing a winning round

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh hey I backed that a billion years ago

Lookin forward to actually playing it.

rhylith on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I've moved 3 times since backing that game and I'm like 99% sure I've updated my shipping address each time, but if someone at my old place gets a random PS4 copy of Indivisible and a shirt or whatever, uh, you're welcome?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
  • Options
    Spy Party
    🚨SLAY THE SPIRE'S 4TH CHARACTER GOES INTO OPEN BETA ON SEPTEMBER 9TH🚨

https://steamcommunity.com/games/646570/announcements/detail/1612772239808884314

Unfortunately they can't do the test on all platforms, so the test is Steam only.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    I had never heard of this game until today. But it looks real neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKYU_bcf_VA

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Spy Party
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I had never heard of this game until today. But it looks real neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKYU_bcf_VA

I've been waiting for Raji for quite some time, they've tried to kickstart it, but couldn't get the funding. Then they partnered with ID@Xbox, and it seems to have gotten some traction - I'm hoping that they can secure a full publishing deal soon so that they have funding for the rest of the development.

I am super down for seeing more games come out of South East Asia, for a region that makes up such a huge percentage of the earth's population, I know very few game dev studios from there, and even fewer that make games set using South Asian culture/mythology.

Brolo on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    Ashen was fine. Kept the Dark Souls tradition of being good at the start then being worse in the second half.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the only part of ds1 that is bad is izalith

• Options
    Spy Party
    PiptheFair wrote: »

blighttown

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love blight town, but think every area after the lord vessel is bad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Brolo wrote: »

blighttown

actually blighttown is good, assuming you have DSfix and the fps is fixed

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the climb down blighttown is alright but the floor is pretty bad

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

reminds me of

YOUR POSTS

• Options
    that's a gotem

• Options
    Spy Party
    Brolo wrote: »

blighttown

actually blighttown is good, assuming you have DSfix and the fps is fixed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6K5KtW3W8
    yeah I played on PS3 and that was Not Fun

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    there's a lot of dark souls areas that i don't know that i would call outright bad, but which i also don't have any desire to ever play again, because they're just kind of mediocre

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah i like tomb of the giants, new londo and duke's archives just fine

izalith is obviously unfinished to a comical degree, and the boss fight there sucks ass, but the blatantly copy-pasted monsters are kind of hilarious

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Star Citizen

reverse opinion here, poison swamp you can barely move in full of constantly respawning mosquito monsters is way better than blighttown's precarious paths over instant death and toxic dart snipers.
    I'm not very sensitive to low FPS, like I noticed the chugging in the PS3 version but it didn't throw me off or bother me.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Spy Party
    Studio MDHR has released sheet music for Cuphead: https://cupheadnotes.com/
    There's full versions of 7 songs, along with versions specially formatted for barbershop quartets and high school bands.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    All I remember about the story of Cook, Serve, Delicious 1 was the names of Giant Bomb folks appearing in emails and the Ryan Davis burger.

The fuck happened in Cook, Serve, Delicious 2?

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    The first game was an absolute hellscape where one dude had to run everything and nobody ever flushed the toilet themselves.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Star Citizen
    zoe quinn has made some allegations about Alec Holowka, one of the designers of Night in the Woods, Aquaria, and other projects

cw: physical and sexual abuse

Shorty on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Ashen would've been a fun game to play if it didn't cause you stop whatever you were doin', kneel down slowly and open your inventory menu every time you picked up an item and I mean every item.

Like, if I select an item to pick up, I want it to be picked up, not prompted to pick up the item and move it somewhere in my inventory.

I was sure I have missed an autoloot option or something but could never find one.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    DayZ
    Co-creator Scott Benson seems to be doing the right thing so far, at least, which is good.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Alexis Kennedy, co-founder of the company that made Sunless Seas and Cultist Simulator, is now also getting called out for abusive behavior. It sounds like there's multiple sources (like, a lot) although Meg Jayanth specifically is the one who made it public

It sounds like this kind of thing is reaching critical mass and victims/survivors are finally feeling safe enough to start making things public en masse.

Houk the Namebringer on
This discussion has been closed.