As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't worry, Remedy have everything under [Control]

surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloveddreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
edited June 2018 in Games and Technology
Remedy have just announced a new 3rd person story-driven action game, Control!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFjb_vlCsRA

Heavily inspired by brutalism and abstract art, it looks pretty fun.

Full gameplay demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLGltC28sfw

It gives off pretty strong SCP vibes.

obF2Wuw.png
surrealitycheck on

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I really dig the art and style this game has going on. And the trailer is approaching Death Stranding levels of WTF, which I personally appreciate.

The telekinesis stuff reminded me of Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. I really loved that game just because of all the silly shit you could do with your powers.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I really dig the art and style this game has going on. And the trailer is approaching Death Stranding levels of WTF, which I personally appreciate.

The telekinesis stuff reminded me of Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. I really loved that game just because of all the silly shit you could do with your powers.

Ah, Psi-Ops.

The thing I remember most about that game is running into a hallway lined with electrical current, encountering a single enemy soldier and swatting him telekineticly into the electric wall without breaking stride. Felt great.

Also the trainer's giant afro in the flashbacks.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    They're making an SCP foundation game. Haunted 1950's televisions and all. I can 100% get on board with that. 8-)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Really into the vibe of this new trailer. Many of you will probably recognise the voice of the narrator:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MmanzbPHC8

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Dang, totally forgot about this game. Trailer looks rad. Don't know the voice though.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    its max payne babyyyy

obF2Wuw.png
    Gameplay footage from E3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9yzzXt-27M

The combination of gun-play plus telekinesis in this looks fun. I like the look of the Astral Plane challenge(s) too, you acquire new powers from cursed/haunted objects.
    Is the 'Janitor' speaking Finnish mixed with English? He needs better subtitling for his odd manner of speaking, I think, for people who only speak English.

Already pre-ordered my digital copy, anyhow. :)

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Shit looks dope, August 27th!

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Remedy bought its Alan Wake publishing rights back from Microsoft!

Why yes I'd be down to buy some Alan Wake on the PS4 or the Switch, if Remedy so chooses to provide them to us.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Alan Wake was such a great game. Please let us play it on modern consoles!

Preloads for the full build are available now (on Xbox), not sure about other platforms.
    The achievement list looks very interesting, with one in particular having shades of a certain encounter from Ocarina of Time. :D

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This game actually prompted me to upgrade my CPU.

I am very hyped for this, it looks absolutely insane.

https://youtu.be/8DZsSVVLyOc

My hype is very real.

ygPIJ.gif
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I haven't actually watched any of the trailers or seen anything about the game since it was shown at E3 2018 I think it was?

Heard enough people saying it's still looking good so I have it all ordered up.

Definitely one of the best Summers for games!

I am so fucking ready

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I love the way the Brutalist style of the building and the guns tries to say "We have this under control. Things are within our power to contain and shape how we wish", while the enemy design and the psychadelic-ass rainbow distortion fields say "This is absolutely not something mankind can control."

I ate an engineer
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm really conflicted on which version to buy. I have a super PC, Xbox One X, and PS4 Pro. The PC version is probably the best one to get, graphically, but there is some PS4 exclusive content and that is nagging at me right now.

Any thoughts?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Their previous game didn't run particularly well on a PS4.

reVerse wrote: »

What previous game? They've been Microsoft-exclusive for a decade now.

ygPIJ.gif
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »

What previous game? They've been Microsoft-exclusive for a decade now.

It's true. Quantum Break did not run well on a PS4 at all...

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
    edited August 2019
    Reviews have started to come in and they look pretty positive. This is where I kind of expected it to be, with the main standouts being the story and atmosphere. I'm just glad the actions solid enough to sustain.

Except that negative review which... okay I know not everyone can like everything, but holy moly is that a bad review.

jungleroomx on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I'd really like to play it, but I'm in the 'no' camp for EGS. I might get it on PS4 since that's the only way for me to play in 4k anyway. Probably not on release week though.

I had to hold my nose when I bought it on the EGS.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I have mine ordered for PS4!

Not entirely sure what my plan is between this and Astral Chain.

But I guess this one probably isn't too crazy long.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I have mine ordered for PS4!

Not entirely sure what my plan is between this and Astral Chain.

But I guess this one probably isn't too crazy long.

It’s supposedly 12 to 25 hours, depending on how deep into the side quests you go. That sounds perfect to me.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i was like oh i can get this for the 27th - can't find it on steam - epic store exclusive

ayyy

obF2Wuw.png
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    https://www.giantbomb.com/shows/control/2970-19556

Giant Bomb Quick look up, runs like ass on a standard PS4 apparently.

edited August 2019

*looks at my standard PS4*

*tugs collar nervously*

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif

*looks at my standard PS4*

*tugs collar nervously*

I imagine the fact that I am not largely bothered by performance stuff unless it is super bad means this probably isn't a big deal.

But we shall see tomorrow I guess!

As much as I would like the PS4 version for the "fullest" content set, I think I'm going to go PC as I have an RTX 2080 Ti and I might as well buy something that uses raytracing.

Fuck it.

Well, here goes! I know everyone complains about the Epic Game Store, bu-
    Looks like something went wrong. For your protection, this transaction has been voided and your funds will be returned in 3-5 business days.

Welp...

I had to add my credit card to Paypal and purchase through that. Anyway, ready to play this after work tomorrow. Hopefully I can trigger the download before I heard to work. Otherwise I guess I'll remote in at lunch and trigger the download/install.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I’m trying to find this in the Xbox store but it’s just gone, not even searchable

Looks like I'll have to scale down to 1080p through the game and enable DLSS, but I should be able to nail 60 FPS with everything on high

• Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Epic store keeps knocking me back other wise I would have bought it. Tried PayPal didn’t work for me.

Looks cool though.

Prohass wrote: »
    I’m trying to find this in the Xbox store but it’s just gone, not even searchable
    @Prohass https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/control/bz6w9lrpc26w

Played the first hour. I love the writing so far. All of these cool redacted documents. I can imagine it would be pretty traumatic to go take a dump and suddenly end up in an extra-dimensional, nightmarish, non-euclidean space.
    Or perhaps rooms only move around when no-one is in them, or watching...
    70x2651ulvi6.jpg

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Prohass wrote: »
    @Prohass https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/p/control/bz6w9lrpc26w

Unfortunately I need a us credit card for that, on the aus store it still hasn’t shown up. Which is odd cos the release date said the 27th and it’s rhe 27th in Australia right now

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    An acquaintance of mine helped write this! I'm very mad that I just lost my job, because I really want to buy it, and see what she wrote!

*edit* That person is Anna Megill; we used to occasionally go out for drinks and such when she was in the DC area.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/