As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dissidia Mobile] Aranea you folks gonna skip the new Global First character?

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Abyss is out. Squall rework as well. Draw banner has Squall and Layle EX, Yuri along for the ride

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I already have Squall EX so I threw a bunch of those tickets and gems I said I had earlier at the Zack banner

Suffice to say the bad luck streak of June/July has been sufficiently compensated for

yo796tbvxjwp.jpg

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Good lord, Squall does a silly amount of damage now. Overflows like crazy, sure wish I had some Max BRV artifacts for him.

I really didn't take good advantage of super synergy for Ifrit, so I sure as heck made sure to do it this time for Shiva. Most of my decent characters have mastery, and all but two have unlocked at least the treasure nodes. But dang I've been chugging tomes and potions like crazy.

I wish there was a week or two longer of super synergy, the amount of time we get just disappears so quickly.

This is the last day for super synergy, so get your Shiva board treasures while you still easily can

I managed to get ~80 of ~100 sets of treasures from Shiva, and have ~40 left from Ifrit. Fully maxed 12 Shiva boards, didn't count my Ifrits.

I hope the next board is easier to farm, heh.

Booooo 291k out of 300k on Abyss 3-9 COSMOS with Setzer, Vayne, Lenna, Ifrit (wave 4), Quistis (wave 2). I could probably have done better with Serah instead of Lenna but I was worried about healing, which turned out to be a bit unnecessary.

Went back with Zack, Vayne, Lulu and crushed it for 400k lol

I did the six super synergy characters with twelve actual good characters, plus a few extra good characters, to maximum. Then I went back and hit Ifrit with some of the characters that were on 2x XP.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i completely flubbed grinding people through shiva, it's been a busy month with work and a new hearthstone expansion

on stratum 6 of abyss, some of the requirements have been fairly draconic, glad i have older units like setzer/eiko to fill in gaps

Ugh, I feel like I need to make a spreadsheet to plan out the locking strata 6 levels.

Heh, I've had a single copy of Rydia's 15 and 35 since she came out, and I never did anything with them. I threw 20 tickets at her banner and got some Yang 15 power stones and a copy of her 15.

I threw 5k at her banner and got 3 more Yang power stones and her EX, lol. I am fucking over all my luck for the 70/70 era, aren't I

Wow, that Cosmos fight on Abyss level three is no joke, is it. Was pretty much out of juice after the first two rounds, out of four. :0

Yeah the first team I brought in I straight up bailed at the start of round 3, lol.

If I'm doing this math right, Rydia + Serah = +150% ATK and mBRV to the whole party, plus always hitting elemental weakness. That's pretty gnarly, although if you add a DPS then you've got no healing.

Yo, the Abyss Cosmo level 6 fight is an even worse experience. You're definitely going to want your very best.

Of course, the conditionals are 1 sword, 1 greatsword, and 1 white Crystal so I hope your best fit in those categories.

(I did Vayne, Agrias, and Serah. 53 turns, 360k. But I had to really conserve my abilities whenever possible. Everyone was almost out of attacks at the end.)

• GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    Over the course of the morning I maxed out Rydia's crystal strength and pulled her EX (my first!) on my second multi-draw. My waifu is very strong indeed.

I cleared out the shop for Mog's Gym, now it's a matter of figuring out which characters get strengthened. I haven't been following the meta, and for reference I'm only at Act 1 Chapter 11 in the story, so any suggestions on who I should focus on?

We're starting to get to a point where you need EX weapons for tippy-top content, with a very few exceptions of characters who have released recently without an EX (Lulu, Freya; Fran soon, Aphmau a bit later). Vayne and Zack banners are up for a few more days, and they're both very good; there's also a banner right now that has both Squall and Layle EXes on it, so twice the chance of hitting an EX. We should be getting a second banner for Abyss Beta, probably in the next few days. We don't know for sure what will be on it, but it's a strong bet it will have two EXes on it. I think one of them will probably be a re-run of Warrior of Light, which would be a good investment as he is due to receive a very strong rework soon.

Based on Gil spent, I figure I've made ~300 eidojas for Serah, Zack and Vayne. Of the three ideal combinations of passives for them, I've gotten exactly one, for Zack.

Artifacts fucking suck.

• chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Man, got lucky to get Rydia's EX quickly, about 50 tickets got me nadda, so I did a 10+1 pull, which got me a ridiculous haul, Fujin's 15, Yang's 15 and 35, Shadow's 35, and Rydia's EX.

Crazy pants!

Though I also have to say that Rydia's EX ability animation is rather ... underwhelming. We don't even get to see the dragon? Boooo. Leviathan looks more impressive than the dragon. Also, why not call it mist dragon or something more interesting? Just "dragon" is milquetoast.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    11 pull on Fran banner, 2/11

Fran 35 & Ashe EX gg ez no re (oh god thank you)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    A 5k on Fran's banner got me a copy of her 15, and 35 tickets got me... Another copy of her 15

So that's kind of below average, lol.

Up to 450 Serah arts with no double cursed btw

edited August 2019
    Tickets on Ashe/Fran:
    100 spent

2 Ashe 35
    3 Fran 15
    Seven Ashe 15s

... No sign of Balthier, which is annoying because I could actually use another of his 15s. Oh well

Fry on
    If you're looking for some ideas for how to get through the Abyss, here's a crowdsourced spreadsheet reddit has been putting together, showing teams people used for all of the boss fights.

New Abyss levels are live. Lightning got her rework! Banner is Lightning, Garnet, and.....Sabin?

I managed to get (but not mlb) Lightning's stuff the last time around, guess I need to learn how to Lightning? Sparkstrike does HP damage now but I dunno what the best uses of her abilities are.

Not that big a fan of either Garnet or Lightning, but I went ahead and threw some tickets at the banner for value since I don't have either EX:
    50 tickets spent

Sabin 15

Six copies of Garnet 15, including two in the first three draws and two of the last three draws :0

Oh well

edited August 2019
    Fran Cosmos was tough, I had to reformat several times, kept running way over on turns. Eventually got it done with Cloud, Rinoa, Vanille, Shiva, friend Layle EX.

Really need to bring a strong dispel. Balthier 35 might be good enough, but I don't own it. Faris is probably too slow and unwieldy. Cloud can sort of keep them under control if you are careful to have Meteorain up for their triple buff. It might be possible to have the dispel on your friend if you time it well and use your summon to extend the time the baddies are not buffed.

Oh, and the things are huge sacks of HP so bring splash damage. The twins are probably great if you have them fully built out.

Fry on
    Bring a Dispel, or tons and tons of splash/extra damage and Summon before their second turns. Swap in a Quistis friend and chunk them back a bunch of turns. It's pretty touch and go, still; a dispeller would make it much easier but it's gotta be Balthier or Vanille, Faris is too weak for COSMOS atm.

SQEX Livestream

Aug 28: Artifact Auto-Enhance

Late September: Radiant Artifact Tokens
    - Revamp of World of Illusions artifacts - get tokens as drops, exchange for your choice of character's Eidoga/ja

August 29: level 70 awakening wave 1
    Sazh, Laguna, Yda, WoL, Shantotto, Cater
    (Laguna EX shown)
    - difficulty 70 cycle quests

bloom tokens/bloom fragments for upgrading level 65 abilities. Read the in-game explanation, it's slightly complicated

August 29: Atlas raid (including Cosmos co-op)
    - community missions for High Shards, gems, etc
    - personal missions for bloom tokens, bloom fragments, etc

August 29: WoL costume (classic red) available again
    - also triple books back on sale, and limited time gem sales

Sep 2: Alisaie LC
    Sep 5: Porom event
    - both will be coming with level 70 (as will all characters coming forward)

Sep 9: Act 2, Chapter 4 (Paine)

Sep 9: 101 characters celebration
    - co-op first meet will be reset
    - double cycle quest rewards

Some time soon: (possibly this Friday)
    - Twitter campaign: details TBD, award gems, high crystals, etc to community

Sep 13: Noctis LC (and costume)
    Sep 16: mystery character (Cinque)
    Sep 23: Selphie LC

Sep 19: level 70 awakening wave 2
    Seven, Faris, Terra, Yuna, Zack, Ramza

Next stream: Joshua will be talking about the EX weapon shop
    SQEX_Joshua's friend ID: 873384579

It cost me 36 power stones (to level up all three of Lenna's weapons from nothing), but I have now full cleared stratum 9 of the abyss. Used Lenna and Rinoa both times, with Vivi and Firion covering the weapon type missions.

Joshua mentioned something on stream about Firion being surprisingly good, which is why I thought to use him. He fits quite well with Lenna, I gotta say.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Cleared score and requirements in a single run on 9-7 Cosmos with Rinoa Lightning and Y'shtola (Quistis friend used Vs the phantom armor, Shiva summon)

Rinoa died to a full power from atma weapon and it didn't matter because Y'shtola EX

I've still got a bunch of Abyss to do, I'm currently at the 6th floor at the team making bit

Haven't been playing as much, so I just got around to working out the first boss of Abyss. Got it down with Setzer, Rydia, and Vayne (I had thought I needed to perfect the boss to get past it), got it down, but took too much damage in the last wave (dumb Cloud) so I didn't hit the point value (had something like 250k and needed 300k). I might have done better, but I really don't understand Vayne. I got his EX early (I think just from tickets, or maybe 1 draw), but I haven't played around with him much. How are you supposed to juggle his abilities?

Also, using Setzer was a bit of a blast from the past, and a reminder how far down he's fallen without an EX (even with his rework). I hope his EX comes soon... (checks event schedule prediction) its another month? Boo.

Also, looking at the schedule, does Eiko still not get her EX with Ultimate Ramuh?! Thats really rough. :(

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Vayne's strength is that he gets lots of free turns and his HP+ is very strong. This infographic might help.

Start with his second ability to get [Consul's Wisdom] which gives him some ATK/mBRV, turns on his party auras, and transforms his BRV and HP attacks. His second ability also gives one stack of [Conqueror's Power], which reduces enemy ATK. His first ability gives 2 stacks of [Conqueror's Power], and his transformed BRV and HP attacks give one stack each. His EX gives 3 stacks.

When [Conqueror's Power] hits 3 stacks, all his abilities are transformed to + versions that don't consume turn count and give him consecutive turns. This allows him to pump out lots of damage without increasing the turn counter, which is great for COSMOS difficulty as the turn requirements are relatively low. BUT, the + versions of his abilities do not add/refresh stacks, so he's got a sort of rotation going on.

Basically you want to get to 3 stacks, then you're gonna get 3 turns in a row. You'll still expend ability uses if you use them, but his EX refreshes one charge of each ability. Depending on the length of the fight and your need for damage, you can use those free turns for more Mach Waves/Force of Wills, or you can throw out three HP+ attacks.

Don't ever use his EX+, because his plain EX gives you 3 stacks.

edited August 2019
    I like using Vayne's EX on the last turn of a triple turn, so your next turn is also a triple. Nyuk nyuk. But yeah, definitely do not ever use the plus version of the EX ability, you want the stacks!

Ideally you want to use either Mach Wave or the EX at least once whenever you're not in bonus turns mode, so you get to the bonus turns faster. If he's near full BRV when his turn comes around (because someone else healed his BRV, usually), that's a good time to use the HP+ attack. If you're in a super long fight and need to conserve ability uses, BRV+ into HP+ can be a decent first two turns of a triple.

Force of Will gets its own paragraph, because there's a lot to it. If you need to push back the enemy a turn, use FoW. If you need a small BRV heal on an ally, use FoW. (If you don't need any particular other summon, equip Bahamut for bigger BRV heals from all the extra breaks.) If an enemy is about to unbreak, maybe FoW or not depending on what's going on. If you can afford to wait a turn for the enemy to recover, and then break it, maybe don't FoW. On the other hand, if the enemy is going to take the next turn and use it to HP attack, maybe you do want to FoW so you can reset it to 0 BRV. Generally try not to use FoW on enemies that are not currently broken, because you're robbing yourself of a break bonus (you can't get it twice in one turn), and it's SUPER feelsbadman if you fail to break the target with the front half of FoW (thus wasting the unbreak effect).

Keep an eye on any external buffs on Vayne, he burns through them very quickly, so you'll need to refresh more often than usual. If you happen to group him with a character who can extend buff durations (Eiko in particular, but I think also Sazh/Hope/Yuna), if you extend buffs when Vayne has three stacks, you'll give him an extra bonus turn.

Fry on
    Eiko also gives lots of ATK and mBRV via standard buffs, which Vayne doesn't give himself, so they pair nicely.

• XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Another aspect of Vayne others didn't mention: his second ability, Force of Will, also works as a form of turn delay because he will unbreak his target between the 2 BRV+HP attacks, meaning he can push a boss's turn back relatively frequently. This can be amazing for buying you more time to damage/kill a boss before a big attack comes out. He's no Quistis in the sheer power of his turn delay, but he will do it more frequently.

It's also a little late for this since Vayne just lost his 2x EXP bonus from his event, but master his summon boards for the extra stats if you have not already done so. Those make a huge difference for him (and for every character, really).

Edit: whoops, I missed Fry's post. Anyways, Vayne is a lot stronger than he first appears.

Xerink on
    PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Ugh I've been so lazy with summon boards. Which on the one hand means WHOO there's a shitton of gems out there just waiting to be snatched up.

But effort (and potions)

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Grinding Shiva was pretty exhausting. There'll eventually be the option to grind the fight with one party and accrue board points you can allocate on anyone's board, which, hey, I'll take that as soon as possible please

Rius wrote: »
    Eiko also gives lots of ATK and mBRV via standard buffs, which Vayne doesn't give himself, so they pair nicely.

Yeah, I kinda just stumbled on it, but pairing Rydia with Vayne worked out well, since she enchants water and then makes the enemy weak to water (kinda like an attack buff) and Leviathan gives a max BRV buff, so that worked out well, though Vayne did eat through his enchants at a crazy rate.

Thanks Rius, Xerink, and Fry for the tips!

edited August 2019
    Did Abyss 6-13 COSMOS (score + all missions) with Vayne, Agrias and Serah. I continue to be super happy to have gotten Agrias' EX all those months ago, she keeps popping up as exceptionally useful. Heals over time, random paralyze procs, Silence, 100% splash damage on her EX, works really well with Serah's mBRV buffs. What a champ.

Rius on