As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Don't worry, Remedy have everything under [Control]

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    This is gonna be a long hour and a half

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    An acquaintance of mine helped write this! I'm very mad that I just lost my job, because I really want to buy it, and see what she wrote!

*edit* That person is Anna Megill; we used to occasionally go out for drinks and such when she was in the DC area.

I want to awesome and brofist this post simultaneously. :/

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh I'm sorry

6 a.m.

Because fuck Epic I can't believe this shit

jungleroomx on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    This game is very good

Writing is better than I was led to believe so far, though not exceptional in the genre

Action is really solid, enemies are dangerous, TK is delightful

Jesse feels like a powerful but vulnerable anomalous person

Multiple interesting mysteries big and small, some very fun little background stuff hinting at foreground stuff

And now I'm getting this

3p2dcp01lhj2.png

Great launch, guys, thanks a bunch for holding this game hostage for your shitty store

Finally its downloading.

Never again, Epic.

Man they weren't joking when they said RTX really shines here. As soon as I turned it on the visuals took an instant dreamlike quality and I willingly sacrificed the frames for the graphics.

I'm still running quite high frames, 45+ easy, for 1440p high RTX all settings on high.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Ooh, I'd totally forgot this was coming out. Blagged it with my 2070 Super upgrade alongside the turd that is the new Wolfenstein. Glad to hear at least one of the free games is decent!

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Man they weren't joking when they said RTX really shines here. As soon as I turned it on the visuals took an instant dreamlike quality and I willingly sacrificed the frames for the graphics.

I'm still running quite high frames, 45+ easy, for 1440p high RTX all settings on high.

I'm happy this horror story had a happy ending. Enjoy the game! :bro:

KoopahTroopah on
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I saw a review that showed this running pretty badly on a standard ps4.

It seems like the PC version is the best one due to the raytracing option.

I am always hesitant on pc versions because you can't sell them.

PS4 version hitches during combat sometimes when there are lots of physics events (lots of TK, explosions, multiple enemies hit by something, etc). Some textures fuzz out at weirdly short distances.

It's not great, but the framerate is fine and it's still very playable. I treat the hitches as distortions in reality, given the setting and forces at work, and suddenly they're less irritating

edited August 2019
    It is a physics intensive game.

Anyone try the Xbox One version?

Krathoon on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

Hopefully I'll be playing it on my One X tonight or tomorrow.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular

XB1X version runs great, no problems so far, frame-rate is very steady, even in scenes with very many physics objects being thrown around. :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    Maybe I should have used this as an excuse to buy an Xbone so I could also play Outer Wilds...

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    this is bringing my pc more to its knees than I expected 6GB 1060 and i'm averaging 40-ish fps on 1080P :(

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    this is bringing my pc more to its knees than I expected 6GB 1060 and i'm averaging 40-ish fps on 1080P :(

This games a beast.

I got an XB1X still in the box. I may bust it out for this. I will have to transfer my stuff from the old xbox one though.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So I assume my GTX 960 won't meet this game's expectations.

• JMan711JMan711 6'8" weighs a f*&#ing ton He's coming, he's coming, he's comingRegistered User regular
    I've got a PS4 Pro and a GTX 970 in my PC so I would love to hear people's thoughts on which version they recommend.

steam_sig.png
    JMan711 wrote: »
    I've got a PS4 Pro and a GTX 970 in my PC so I would love to hear people's thoughts on which version they recommend.

It might be better to go with the PS4 Pro. It has a few hitches on that one.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    JMan711 wrote: »

I'm pulling most of this off of google so, i am not a doctor :p but this comparison video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKW4dHi5dXk seems to imply the ps4 pro version is *slightly* lower fidelity wise than the PC high preset; at 30 FPS, i'm getting 40ish fps on high 1080P and google tells me your 970 is roughly equivalent to my 1060 so i'd say PC if you're playing @ 1080P, ps4 pro if 4k

edit: sounds like they figure while the xbonex runs @4k the ps4 pro is only 1440-ish @ 30 fps and slightly lower fidelity than PC high, so i'm changing my vote to PC w/ your 970 no matter what

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i have a 1080ti and getting noticeable chonk when hitting enemies with fast hitting attacks - probs one of those games where you gotta mess around with settings a bit to get it really smooth

still runs 70-100ish at 1440p

obF2Wuw.png
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nvidia released a tuning guide, which may be helpful to some people: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/control-graphics-and-performance-guide/

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Oh damn game is out now? Will add it to my list.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Woah died heaps fast in the first major combat encounter

I love how destructible the environment is. When you’re in a shoot out in like an office there’s papers flying everywhere and ceiling panels falling down, it looks great

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    I just reached an interesting area.

The Ocean View hotel. The main character asks the player if we’ve been there before. This might nothing, or it might be an incredibly meta Easter Egg:
    The haunted hotel early in Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines was called the Ocean View hotel (originally Ocean House, but renamed Ocean View). Given that Control and VTMB are in roughly the same genre, a fair number of players have been there before, in a manner of speaking.
    It might just be a weird coincidence. Or, like I said, an incredibly meta Easter Egg. If it’s intentional, that’s awesome.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    edited August 2019
    I am not really noticing the difference with the raytracing in the comparison videos. I went with the Xbox version.

Krathoon on
    edited August 2019
    I haven’t felt this level of glee with like destroying environments in shootouts since the old matrix lobby firefight mod for max Payne

Just the carnage of turned up concrete and shattered glass. I love that shit

I gave up on my comp running it and am playing on the Xbox one x, I can see why it’s causing systems hassle to run it, the particle effects and destruction is very detailed

Prohass on
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Played just a little of this tonight but am now really looking forward to getting into the meat of the game. First real high end game I've tried on my new 3900x/2080 Super system. I was able to get high 60s-70 FPS at 1080p with everything maxed and Raytracing on High. Ray tracing looks so so good in the game though. I ended up turning on Vsync cause I was getting screen tearing which locks fps at 60.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    edited August 2019
    So I just came across like a timed optional mission, I failed it cos it was a brutal combat encounter, and now it’s gone. Can these be redone or do they come back or is it gone for good? Is it like a daily event or something?

Woop just did another one and failed, way too hard

Edit: ok I googled them and all I can get is the vague info that the same mission won’t always reappear again, but I don’t know what that means, ie are they randomised and infinite?

Gah ah well, I guess I’ll be doing another playthrough anyway, just seems silly to have super hard missions with a timer, so that makes you think you have to do them right away, even tho some of them are clearly meant for higher levels

Prohass on
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    I remember seeing something about this in a sizzle reel awhile ago and for some reason I thought it was a PSVR title, but watching that launch trailer I realize that if it were a PSVR game it would literally kill anyone brave enough to don the headset.
    I haven’t made time for more than an hour of video games in ...awhile. I am very much looking forward to playing this starting tomorrow.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    edited August 2019
    Man some of the checkpoints are annoying as hell

Edit: actually it’s not too bad i thought I’d have to watch a cutscene again but it’s sort of like those persistent checkpoints, it logs what you’ve done

Prohass on
    I am not really noticing the difference with the raytracing in the comparison videos. I went with the Xbox version.

I wouldn't get it unless you've got at least a 2060, anyway. I think 1080s perform worse than 2060s with rtx on.

But it makes a massive difference in game.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I was having real trouble with the framerate and also textures dynamically setting themselves to incredibly low resolutions in-game and not resetting until I went back into the options and did it manually

But then I turned on that Nvidia resolution scaling thingy and it radically improved my framerate and solved the texture issue, so I'm golden

I have crashed a couple times, including one soft-lock that required me to log out of my Windows session to kill the game which was scary, but when it's running, it runs like butter. So impressed when a game that looks this good runs this well!

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I want to play this but am weighing the supposedly extremely bad PS4 performance against creating an EGS account and am drawing a blank.

PSN: Honkalot
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

I wouldn't get it unless you've got at least a 2060, anyway. I think 1080s perform worse than 2060s with rtx on.

But it makes a massive difference in game.

I get 45-60 fps with a 2060 running at 1440 with RTX and DLSS on. It's amazing. I've never seen a game run this well with RTX on, and it looks incredible.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126