As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Switch games/tournament at PAX? (smash bros, mario kart, etc)

SilverBow666SilverBow666 Registered User new member
Hello hello,

So, I see there is a "hand held" lounge, and I have a hand held switch. I'd like to lounge around and play some games.

I also noticed there is a distinct lack of switch tournaments/nintendo at PAX.

Did I miss a Smash Bros/mario kart section in PAX, or do you guys think there'd be enough interest to meet up at the lounge around like.. 1pm on Sat and game for a bit?

Or how does that work.. for lounging around and playing against people?

• Options
    Captain Ironsides Captain Ironsides Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    There are definitely Switch tournaments on schedule. There's a Smash Bros tournament Friday night at 9:30, for instance.

Captain Ironsides on
    zpv0bcg8hta5.jpg
  • Options
    DisraeliGearsDisraeliGears Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There are Switch tournaments in both the Handheld and Console Tourney sections of the con, which are on the 3rd floor of the Convention Center and the 1st floor of the Annex, respectively. I count at least 12 in total. As for meeting up with people, that's completely up to you in the lounges to try to get people to join you.

Nintendo also has a decent presence at the con, as seen here. They'll have a big booth on the 4th floor, as well as a Dragon Quest panel.

8hj00yskc5i7.png
  • Options
    every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    What are some ideal Switch games for pickup multiplayer gaming in line and elsewhere at PAX?

I am obviously bringing Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros., but any other suggestions for great multiplayer pick-up games? (Splatoon? Pokkén? Diablo? Monster Hunter? Jackbox games? Street Fighter? others?)

Also echoing OP, are there any scheduled Switch gaming meetups for these or other games?

every day's great on